Deceased/Not Found TX - Candice Shields, 20, pregnant, Graham, 10 Dec 2011 *J. Thornburg guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It is all so strange. I would think he'd have her poster up somewhere JMO doesn't mean he knows anything but it is strange :waitasec:.

I really wish there was some news on her disappearance.

Looking at their facebooks, it seems like when Candice loves, she loves hard. JT doesn't really mention a whole lot about her before the post about her missing. It looks like his child from someone else was born in October (and this woman has two children total) and Candice's child is how old? Can't seem to find that anywhere. I did see that she does not have the child in her care. Also saw stepdads harsh comments on her fb.

She posted sometime I think in October about moving... Something like "so glad to finally be moving into a new place" or something like that. Any info? Where/who was she moving from, and did she move to her grandparents? Or in with someone else then her grandparents?

I'm new on websleuths, so please let me know if I say the wrong thing or post in the wrong section.

Looking at their facebooks, it seems like when Candice loves, she loves hard. JT doesn't really mention a whole lot about her before the post about her missing. It looks like his child from someone else was born in October (and this woman has two children total) and Candice's child is how old? Can't seem to find that anywhere. I did see that she does not have the child in her care. Also saw stepdads harsh comments on her fb.

She posted sometime I think in October about moving... Something like "so glad to finally be moving into a new place" or something like that. Any info? Where/who was she moving from, and did she move to her grandparents? Or in with someone else then her grandparents?

I'm new on websleuths, so please let me know if I say the wrong thing or post in the wrong section.

Her son is 1 1/2 yo.

It is all so strange. I would think he'd have her poster up somewhere JMO doesn't mean he knows anything but it is strange :waitasec:.

I really wish there was some news on her disappearance.

I think it's strange too. Seems like if she was carrying your unborn child, you'd be frantic. Doesn't look like the man we figured is her son's father (BW) had much to say either, other than to let him know if anyone had heard from her in a post he put up right around the time she went missing.

I think it's strange too. Seems like if she was carrying your unborn child, you'd be frantic. Doesn't look like the man we figured is her son's father (BW) had much to say either, other than to let him know if anyone had heard from her in a post he put up right around the time she went missing.

Even if I wasn't in love with someone anymore, if they were the parent of my child, I'd still be really upset that they were missing. They seem very lackadaisical. Kind of messes with my mind. I don't even know who to look at it because they all are like that. JMO

In Ayla's case, the Mom has indicated that she and Ayla's father were just friends, never in a relationship...I guess this is very common these days...:( I am sorry for the kids.

In Ayla's case, the Mom has indicated that she and Ayla's father were just friends, never in a relationship...I guess this is very common these days...:( I am sorry for the kids.

I know! A lot of shuffling around for these kids. So sad!

Pure speculation but I kind feel like I have a scenario in my mind of what could have happened. There is a family member who says there's certain peoples' names that come up every time CS disappearance is talked about. Of course this is pure speculation and rumors and not worth much. But I have to wonder if the LE has an idea of what happened to her but no proof. Supposedly the family knows about this theory and they are playing on the individuals' consciouses hoping they will do the right thing. I wonder if LE is also waiting to see if evidence presents itself. I wish they'd put this in the news so there was more pressure on the people who know something. Of course no has been named a POI.

If someone harmed CS and her unborn child, I really hope that justice is done. It is such a tangled web with so many players involved it gets really confusing to keep everyone straight. I feel I need a chart to explain things.

Can you point me to where I might find the family member who is saying this wantjustice?

Mod Note: I just removed about 20 posts filled with FB gossip. Boyfriends, girlfriends, and boyfriends' girlfriends' boyfriends are off limits except in context of MSM. We're not allowed to link to their social networking pages. And if it's not link-able, it's not post-able. Please review the rule regarding "Social Networks" posted below.

Social Networks
Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Thanks,

Bessie

Mod Note: I just removed about 20 posts filled with FB gossip. Boyfriends, girlfriends, and boyfriends' girlfriends' boyfriends are off limits except in context of MSM. We're not allowed to link to their social networking pages. And if it's not link-able, it's not post-able. Please review the rule regarding "Social Networks" posted below.

Thanks,

Bessie

I apologize! I will make sure not to do this anymore :blushing:!

http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/2012/01/

January 7, 2012 by Linda

Missing From: Graham,Texas
Missing Since:12/11/11
Classification: Missing
Age at Disappearance:21
Date of Birth: 09/19/91
White Female
Height: 5’3
Weight:130
Hair:Brown
Eyes:Green
Clothing: Believed to still be in her pajama pants ( unknown color) a hoodie, white tennis shoes

Details of Disappearance:
Disappeared from the home of her grandparents in the 1300 block of Pearl Street, in Graham ,Texas, (90 miles northwest of Fort Worth.TX) on the evening of Dec. 10.

Her grandfather noticed her missing when he checked on her at approximately 2:30 a.m. Dec. 11.

Shields left all of her belongings, including her cell phone, clothing and money behind.

Reported to be three months pregnant. at the time of her disappearance

Investigative Agency
Graham City Police Department (Texas)
(940) 549-6441

If you have any information on this case please contact CUE Center For Missing Persons using the contact form below or contact Cue Center at (910) 343-1131 24 hour tip line (910) 232-1687.

I don't think this is all that common, clu... at least not around here. I know of several girls who have had babies young, but they were all dating the fathers. A few are still in that relationship, just not married yet.
Saying they were never in a relationship is sort of misleading. They had some type of relationship, for at least a few minutes!! I may be too old-fashioned but I would have a hard time admitting that I had a baby with someone I was never involved with, beyond having sex.... once? If it was more than once, it's a relationship, IMO. Once can be accidental, but two or more times is deliberate.

I was thinking the same thing. Do you think also it is odd that the grandfather got up to "check on her" in the middle of the night. It would be one thing to notice her door open and her not there on his way to the bathroom. But getting up specifically to check on an adult woman? hhhmmmm

I wondered the same thing. I have two children who are well over the age of checking on during the night, but under 18. One has medical issue that makes me more cautious and if I am up I will open the door and peek in. Maybe if the family was concerned or just very protective?
My kids say I was always overprotective but seems excessive to me. Again it is hard to know with so few details.

I've been hesitant to post on this case, tho I've been following along. After working on Shonda Townsend's case, I know things in this particular area can be very complex and convoluted!

For those who didn't follow Shonda's case, I can say that there was/is a lot of partner "swapping," for lack of a better term. Seems nearly every girl in Shonda's circle has at least one baby if not more than one, and often by more than one guy. None of them seem to be married, or even still together.

As a result, there's a lot of friction between people, lot of threats and bad blood. I'm thinking that may be the case here, as well. I see there are a lot of rumors floating around, locally. No doubt, there is some truth to some of them!

Rep from the CUE Center posted today. Reassuring everyone that they are working with LE to find Candice. She is saying search volunteers will likely be needed in the future. FYI for any locals reading here who might spread the word or help with searches for Candice ...

https://www.facebook.com/help.find.candice?sk=wall

Please tune in tonight to Nancy Grace at 7 CST - Candice's case is planned to be on this evening.

Please tune in tonight to Nancy Grace at 7 CST - Candice's case is planned to be on this evening.

I am so excited she is getting some airtime! If anyone can record it and post it online that would be great!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finch5800
Back