Deceased/Not Found TX - Candice Shields, 20, pregnant, Graham, 10 Dec 2011 *J. Thornburg guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok this is bizarre. I realize at times a cigar is just a cigar but what are the odds of someone close to another missing and dead gir,l disappearing herself? Not only knowing her but spent the night at the same grandparents house two weeks before she went missing..and now Candice.

Same time of year as well, December. A two year cooling off period..could be? Maybe Candice was worried because she suspected someone.

I have no idea if they caught the person of the first girls disappearance and death but it just seems so odd.

I was thinking the same thing. Do you think also it is odd that the grandfather got up to "check on her" in the middle of the night. It would be one thing to notice her door open and her not there on his way to the bathroom. But getting up specifically to check on an adult woman? hhhmmmm

I was thinking the same thing. Do you think also it is odd that the grandfather got up to "check on her" in the middle of the night. It would be one thing to notice her door open and her not there on his way to the bathroom. But getting up specifically to check on an adult woman? hhhmmmm

I would often get up and check on my 19 year old, especially if I went to bed before she came home or if I knew she was going out with friends at night. I just needed to know she was home safe so I could sleep peacefully the rest of the night.

Not saying the grandfather had a specific reason to check on her that night but not completely out of the ordinary IMO.

I would often get up and check on my 19 year old, especially if I went to bed before she came home or if I knew she was going out with friends at night. I just needed to know she was home safe so I could sleep peacefully the rest of the night.

Not saying the grandfather had a specific reason to check on her that night but not completely out of the ordinary IMO.

It does make sense that it would not be out of the realm of normal to check on her, if she were out at night, or even just out of habit. I look to the dogs being the best ones to signify that no one came to the home, or even drove up...as we know dogs tune into all of that, especially in the middle of the night. So I'm thinking what else may be off...

SS, they did find and convict the killer of Candice's girlfriend Bridget-
http://www.newschannel6now.com/stor...pect-strikes-plea-deal-to-avoid-death-penalty

Seems to me that not much effort is being made by LE in this case. Do any of you feel she may have left on her own?

I personally think it seems unlikely that she left and is staying away on her own, only because it would seem she didn't take any of her personal belongings, but I do wonder about the fact that her 1 1/2 yo son was not in her care, but rather living elsewhere. Not that I am passing any judgement on that, because I don't know what the reason is....but I would imagine LE knows why, and I wonder if there could be some trouble in her past that unfortunately would make them think she could have just taken off.

I personally think it seems unlikely that she left and is staying away on her own, only because it would seem she didn't take any of her personal belongings, but I do wonder about the fact that her 1 1/2 yo son was not in her care, but rather living elsewhere. Not that I am passing any judgement on that, because I don't know what the reason is....but I would imagine LE knows why, and I wonder if there could be some trouble in her past that unfortunately would make them think she could have just taken off.

I do think the police think that. I saw on her page that her stepdad was yelling at her because she was going partying and he felt she should stay home for her son. I also saw another post where she is upset for losing her son because she moved. She says, "Ya cause i moved and now he wont let me see him so im going to court so ya im so upset"
I think she is a young mom looking for someone to love her making mistakes we sometimes make when we are young.

Some moves in the right direction according to Shonda's dedicated FB page, Candice is now registered with the CUE Network. And they are trying to get her airtime on NG. So hopefully there will be some resolution to this sad story.

Candice, I hope you are found healthy and safe for your baby boy and future little one!

Maybe I have missed it somewhere, but do we know "who is the father of this baby"?

Maybe I have missed it somewhere, but do we know "who is the father of this baby"?

I haven't seen anything on the father. I am curious about this too! I didn't see anything on her myspace page either.

She talks about being in love with someone who lives a long way off. Does anyone know who that might be? I'm thinking the father of this child needs to be found and ruled out too. Just thinking in a different light...

Still no news on this young lady, I see. As for the grandfather getting up to check on her, maybe she has been known to slip out after the grandparents were asleep? Just a thought. When I was young and still at home with my folks, my dad had a habit of looking in on me just to make sure I had not gone out somewhere. I never had, but he always had the suspicion I would, for some reason. And grandparents are usually more careful of their grandchildren that way, because they feel doubly responsible.

I think I can answer this from nosing around her fb page. The father of her unborn child is the JT she lists as her "in a relationship with". Interestingly, the father of her 1 1/2 yo son seems could be BW - the person she "friended" on fb right above her last post on 12/11.

I think I can answer this from nosing around her fb page. The father of her unborn child is the JT she lists as her "in a relationship with". Interestingly, the father of her 1 1/2 yo son seems could be BW - the person she "friended" on fb right above her last post on 12/11.

Interesting, BW lives in Abilene, but back in November says he is working in Pecos. He also has two other boys and their Mom, comments on a picture he posted. Who takes care of Christopher while Daddy is working out of town?

Not to be rude, but we need a flow chart to remember who is who.

I dunno guys, I'm just not feeling that Candice met with foul play and I hope I'm right!

She talks about being in love with someone who lives a long way off. Does anyone know who that might be? I'm thinking the father of this child needs to be found and ruled out too. Just thinking in a different light...

In the beginning someone talked about her being with someone named Spencer that she met on facebook. I think that was debunked, but there is a guy with that name on her page.

Her last post on FB is 12/10, "I don't know what to do anymore"...

I find it very odd that JT seems to have moved on very quickly or doesn't seem too concerned about the fact that his girlfriend and future mother of his child is still missing. Something is not right here. He is more interested in the Super Bowl than Candice it seems.

I find it very odd that JT seems to have moved on very quickly or doesn't seem too concerned about the fact that his girlfriend and future mother of his child is still missing. Something is not right here. He is more interested in the Super Bowl than Candice it seems.

Yes especially since she was posting on her page how much in love she was with him not long before she vanished, and has several photos posted with him that are said to be just a few months ago...they seemed to have been a couple and by Dec. 17th when he posted that the "mother of his future child" was missing, he was distancing himself bigtime...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy
Back