TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #3 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

diggndeeperstill

Reaction score
Thread #1 Thread #2
—————-

Dallas Police Give Update on Child Fatally Wounded in Mountain Creek Neighborhood

A child has died after being found Saturday morning in the Mountain Creek neighborhood with multiple wounds, Dallas police say.

Officers were called about 7 a.m. to Saddleridge and Wood Homestead drives, where the wounded child was found. The child has been pronounced dead, police said.

Child found dead Saturday in Mountain Creek neighborhood | wfaa.com
Police said the child had "multiple wounds" and was dead when officers arrived. It's unclear if anyone has been arrested in connection with the child's death.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod Note and Reminder:

WS is a victim friendly discussion forum. At this time D. Brown is the only individual charged in this crime, and the only one that may be sleuthed over this tragic loss of life.

Within the TOS of WS everyone else involved in this situation is a victim. They are considered victims because they experienced the loss of a 4 year old child.

Thank you for understanding our position and caring so passionately for the loss of Cash.

Last edited:
Slain Boy's Blood Found on Suspect's Hoodie, Shoes, Court Documents Say

According to court documents, the man accused of killing 4-year-old Cash Gernon last month had the boy's blood on his hoodie, shoes, and sunglasses.

Information obtained by NBC 5 from an arrest warrant affidavit released on Friday said police confiscated several items from the residence of 18-year-old Darriynn Ronnell Brown on May 15 and had them tested at the Southwest Institute of Forensic Sciences in Dallas.

After seeing the surveillance video from inside the home, police arrested Brown on May 15 and charged him with kidnapping and burglary. On Thursday, when the forensic evidence was returned from the lab, the capital murder charge was added.

So far, officials have not revealed a motive for the boy's murder.

Slain Boy's Blood Found on Suspect's Hoodie, Shoes, Court Documents Say

According to court documents, the man accused of killing 4-year-old Cash Gernon last month had the boy's blood on his hoodie, shoes, and sunglasses.

Information obtained by NBC 5 from an arrest warrant affidavit released on Friday said police confiscated several items from the residence of 18-year-old Darriynn Ronnell Brown on May 15 and had them tested at the Southwest Institute of Forensic Sciences in Dallas.

After seeing the surveillance video from inside the home, police arrested Brown on May 15 and charged him with kidnapping and burglary. On Thursday, when the forensic evidence was returned from the lab, the capital murder charge was added.

So far, officials have not revealed a motive for the boy's murder.

From the article above:

"NBC 5 reached out to Heath Harrison, Brown's attorney, on Thursday after the capital murder charge was announced and Harrison said Brown said he was not guilty of the boy's murder.".

This is interesting. "Not Guilty"? As in, he did not do it? By reason of insanity?

The Insanity Defense Among the States - FindLaw

Texas allows "Insanity Defense". Interesting. McNaughton Rule: "Uncontrollable Impulse"?

From the article above:

"NBC 5 reached out to Heath Harrison, Brown's attorney, on Thursday after the capital murder charge was announced and Harrison said Brown said he was not guilty of the boy's murder.".

This is interesting. "Not Guilty"? As in, he did not do it? By reason of insanity?

The Insanity Defense Among the States - FindLaw

Texas allows "Insanity Defense". Interesting. McNaughton Rule: "Uncontrollable Impulse"?
I don't know why there is so much shock in the thread that he entered a plea of "not guilty", it's the norm.
Now the state has the burden of proof as his "not guilty" plea requires prosecutors convince a jury "beyond a reasonable doubt" that he killed Cash. The Constitution gives every person in the country this right, serial killers, foreigners, everyone.
The defense can dispute evidence and may even convince a judge to declare evidence inadmissible, or as you have pointed out, argue insanity or mental incompetency.
I'm sure everyone here can think of a case that they believe the evidence showed someone was guilty and yet the jury had enough doubt that prosecutors failed to get a conviction and the accused is now freely living their life, they can only be tried once.
ETA link:
2.4 The Burden of Proof – Criminal Law

Last edited:
I don't know why there is so much shock in the thread that he entered a plea of "not guilty", it's the norm.
Now the state has the burden of proof as his "not guilty" plea requires prosecutors convince a jury "beyond a reasonable doubt" that he killed Cash. The Constitution gives every person in the country this right, serial killers, foreigners, everyone.
The defense can dispute evidence and may even convince a judge to declare evidence inadmissible, or as you have pointed out, argue insanity or mental incompetency.
I'm sure everyone here can think of a case that they believe the evidence showed someone was guilty and yet the jury had enough doubt that prosecutors failed to get a conviction and the accused is now freely living their life, they can only be tried once.
ETA link:
2.4 The Burden of Proof – Criminal Law

Sounds very logical to me....but we also know there are a lot of cases a person was already found guilty and "convicted" by the main stream media and public.......People ended up on death row, innocent...proved by the innocent project....we need evidence and it seems like there is in this case.

Sounds very logical to me....but we also know there are a lot of cases a person was already found guilty and "convicted" by the main stream media and public.......People ended up on death row, innocent...proved by the innocent project....we need evidence and it seems like there is in this case.
Seems like, maybe.
Judges decide admissability of evidence which can be suppressed if anyone in the chain of possession's character is impeached, and juries can surprise us with their interpretation of convincing evidence, beyond a doubt, real or imaginary.

From the Criminal Law textbook link:

In general, evidence must overcome the defendant’s presumption of innocence..
If even a slight chance exists that the defendant is innocent, the case most likely lacks convincing and credible evidence, and the trier of fact should acquit the defendant.

Example of a Failure to Meet the Burden of Proof
Ann is on trial for murder. The key piece of evidence is the murder weapon discovered in Ann’s drawer during a search, the defense makes a motion to suppress because the search warrant was signed by a judge who was inebriated, a judge rules the murder weapon inadmissible.
If there is no other convincing and credible evidence of Ann’s guilt, Ann does not need to put on a defense.
The prosecution will fail to meet the burden of proof and Ann will be acquitted.

Here's another example of evidence not meeting the burden of proof, dispite many people's presumption of guilt
..acquitted of murder, manslaughter, and child abuse but guilty of giving false information to law enforcement..

Last edited:
Seems like, maybe.
Judges decide admissability of evidence which can be suppressed if anyone in the chain of possession's character is impeached, and juries can surprise us with their interpretation of convincing evidence, beyond a doubt, real or imaginary.

From the Criminal Law textbook link:

In general, evidence must overcome the defendant’s presumption of innocence..
If even a slight chance exists that the defendant is innocent, the case most likely lacks convincing and credible evidence, and the trier of fact should acquit the defendant.

Example of a Failure to Meet the Burden of Proof
Ann is on trial for murder. The key piece of evidence is the murder weapon discovered in Ann’s drawer during a search, the defense makes a motion to suppress because the search warrant was signed by a judge who was inebriated, a judge rules the murder weapon inadmissible.
If there is no other convincing and credible evidence of Ann’s guilt, Ann does not need to put on a defense.
The prosecution will fail to meet the burden of proof and Ann will be acquitted.

Here's another example of evidence not meeting the burden of proof, dispite many people's presumption of guilt
..acquitted of murder, manslaughter, and child abuse but guilty of giving false information to law enforcement..

Thank you for this info.

If there was video of ME (showing my face no less!) abducting a child, and the same child’s blood was found on my clothes in my home, and reports said I had tried to abduct a different sleeping child 2 weeks prior, and videos showed me trying car doors at night and breaking security cameras — nobody would be claiming I was set up or maybe the evidence had “chain of custody” issues. People would say I was caught red-handed. They might argue I was insane (if I had mental health history) and not just evil, but I don’t think they’d argue I was set up.

It’s trippy to me how many people really want to believe DB didn’t do it despite all the evidence. JMO

If there was video of ME (showing my face no less!) abducting a child, and the same child’s blood was found on my clothes in my home, and reports said I had tried to abduct a different sleeping child 2 weeks prior, and videos showed me trying car doors at night and breaking security cameras — nobody would be claiming I was set up or maybe the evidence had “chain of custody” issues. People would say I was caught red-handed. They might argue I was insane (if I had mental health history) and not just evil, but I don’t think they’d argue I was set up.

It’s trippy to me how many people really want to believe DB didn’t do it despite all the evidence. JMO

Trippy is one way of looking at it. At a certain point, I kind of question whether there's an agenda of some sort.

For me it's a matter of guilty when proven guilty. I was waiting for evidence for murder. To me it was obvious DB was the one in the boy's room. Did this was a definite sign he murdered the boy....at that point of time....knowing what we knew then....I had an open mind. Looking into my heart with the information provided at that time, even without forensics....yes, most likely he did murder the boy, but we were all waiting for more evidence. Now there is prove/evidence (Cash's blood on clothes and other items) that links him to the murder directly IMO (even that is disputable...at least it proves he was in contact with the body) I would say he is guilty of murder or at least an accomplice....I hope justice comes swift. Wisdom to the judge and jury.

If that is trippy....so be it.

Last edited:
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I believe only one person bought this up so I thought I would share something that seems to have gone unnoticed...

The first video shows DB take Cash.. I'm convinced D.B is a murderer and guilty.

The SECOND video of him coming back for the brother clearly shows that the curtains are down (unlike the first video.)

It also seems like D.B is talking to someone inside of the house.. very strange.

Who removed the curtains? The video does not show D.B doing it..

Who went inside of the room and took them down?
The second video does not show D.B taking down curtains. Even the curtains on the side look like they were 'ripped'.

And why in gods name are 2 small children sleeping directly under a 100+lb A/C unit??

Why was the gate removed from the bed and placed the side of the room?

It also looks like there is some light showing/flashing in the first video coming through said curtain.. was there a car outside when this monster took a 4 y/o??

Last edited:
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I believe only one person bought this up so I thought I would share something that seems to have gone unnoticed...

The first video shows DB take Cash.. I'm convinced D.B is a murderer and guilty.

The SECOND video of him coming back for the brother clearly shows that the curtains are down (unlike the first video.)

It also seems like D.B is talking to someone inside of the house.. very strange.

Who removed the curtains? The video does not show D.B doing it..

Who went inside of the room and took them down?
The second video does not show D.B taking down curtains. Even the curtains on the side look like they were 'ripped'.

And why in gods name are 2 small children sleeping directly under a 100+lb A/C unit??

Why was the gate removed from the bed and placed the side of the room?

I don't think the curtains are any different between the two videos. I think it's an illusion created by the different modes of the camera for daylight and night vision. I could be wrong, but that's my perception anyway.

I don't think the curtains are any different between the two videos. I think it's an illusion created by the different modes of the camera for daylight and night vision. I could be wrong, but that's my perception anyway.

I (respectfully) 100% disagree.. thank you for your feedback.

There was a curtain up in video #1, and it was gone in #2.

I have a feeling more arrests will be coming in this case..

It's not a matter of what I believe, it's a matter what happens at trials, and what evidence jurors are allowed to see and if any of them have any doubt.
For instance, the prior incident with the little girl will not be part of the evidence at trial for Cash's murder, it doesn't work that way. Even previous convictions can not be used as evidence in a trial.

I agree. You can see the curtain 'moving' about the time when Carter wakes up. The sun shining on that corner of the house is what's creating that illusion.

There was a curtain up in video #1, and it was gone in #2.

SBM

Welcome to Websleuths, @GXP Sleuther.

IMO the curtains were never removed. They seem to be very thin, translucent pieces of some kind of fabric, not typical curtain material. The sunlight in the second video is shining through them, which is not visible of course in the nighttime portion.

Whatever we think of MS, and I have mixed emotions, she likely wasn't expecting to having the twins in her sole care, and she either couldn't or wouldn't install blinds or curtains that would do the job.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back