TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #3 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
<Snipped for focus>

IMHO he's definitely talking to himself and not to someone else. He said 'You're acting like a creep" (~3:02). If he was talking to someone else, he'd use the word I'm, not you're.

After it seems like he says "he's half asleep" I agree it sounds like he's saying something about being a creep.

A few questions for everyone.

1. Why did it take the 15 y/o tell the police about the security footage?
2. Why didn't M.S initially tell the police about the security cameras? Wouldn't this be the first thing bought up? I mean a 4 y/o is missing for Christ sakes.

I do not believe the motive is schizophrenia.. I do believe D.B is guilty as well third parties.

....Why was the gate removed from the bed and placed the side of the room? ....
@GXP Sleuther sbm Welcome to W/S and great first post:).

Gate? Can we call it a "railing" of the crib/youth bed? Iiuc this furniture is designed to transition from crib to youth-bed, before twin bed. Once child is developed enough to sleep without accidentally falling from mattress to floor, then that fourth side railing can be lifted away & stored/placed elsewhere.
From seeing the one twin climb onto bed (and I think the other get out of bed?), seems they had reached size & coordination level to keep the railing off. Seems keeping railing in place to force them to climb over it could expose them to worse injuries than taking it off.
my2ct, could be wrong.

I still think of Cash daily watching the video just makes feel worse it is so sad to watch and know that was the last moments of this sweet boys life. While I don't think the living situation was great I dont believe any one else was involved except the one person charged. MOO
RIP sweet boy

<Snipped for focus>

IMHO he's definitely talking to himself and not to someone else. He said 'You're acting like a creep" (~3:02). If he was talking to someone else, he'd use the word I'm, not you're.

IF, and that’s a very big if, he was suffering from a psychotic break he could have been conversing with a voice in his head. My first experience witnessing a schizophrenic talking to a voice in her head was a woman arguing with the devil. I don’t remember what she was saying but I do remember understanding that it was completely real to her.

IF, and that’s a very big if, he was suffering from a psychotic break he could have been conversing with a voice in his head. My first experience witnessing a schizophrenic talking to a voice in her head was a woman arguing with the devil. I don’t remember what she was saying but I do remember understanding that it was completely real to her.

I agree that he could have been conversing with a voice in his head. I brought that up upthread. But I still think that he'd use the word I'm and not you're if he was talking to a voice in his head.

I don't know much about mental illness, or hearing voices in their heads, so maybe someone with knowledge about this can answer... For those that hear voices in their heads... do they think it's THEMSELVES that they're having a convo with, or some other 'thing/person/demon/whatever'? IOW... something/someone other then themselves.

I agree that he could have been conversing with a voice in his head. I brought that up upthread. But I still think that he'd use the word I'm and not you're if he was talking to a voice in his head.

I don't know much about mental illness, or hearing voices in their heads, so maybe someone with knowledge about this can answer... For those that hear voices in their heads... do they think it's THEMSELVES that they're having a convo with, or some other 'thing/person/demon/whatever'? IOW... something/someone other then themselves.

If they are delusional, they believe the voices they hear are real. A close friend of mine tried to jump out of a car traveling down the highway because the voices were telling her that they were going to kill her family to punish her for something they said she did (even though she hadn’t done what they were telling her). During a psychotic episode, those voices are completely real to that person and, yes, they do talk to the voices out loud sometimes. So he would have said “You’re acting creepy” rather than “I’m acting creepy.” I hope that makes sense?

The grand jury also indicted Brown on charges of burglary and kidnapping related the 4-year-old’s death, as well as counts of burglary and injury to an elderly person stemming from a separate incident.

Brown’s attorney, Heath Harris, could not be reached immediately for comment Tuesday.

He has previously said the case is not “open-and-shut.” Harris also has said rampant public speculation about the slaying and the release of video footage from inside the boy’s home would make it more difficult for Brown to get a fair trial.

Harris has said he does not believe Brown is competent to assist in his own defense, and a judge in June ordered the 18-year-old to undergo a mental evaluation. The conclusions of that evaluation, which was to occur within 30 days of the judge’s order, are unclear.
Darriynn Brown indicted on capital murder charge in death of Cash Gernon, boy taken from Dallas home

Sadly I have a long history (over 30 years) of being very close to a diagnosed Schizophrenic family member.

YES! those voices in their heads are real to them at the time they are hearing them.

In my experience, the voices that my relative hears have always been someone else talking to them, they were not talking to themselves.

And by god, they are powerful voices & whatever the voices are saying or directing the person to do, they are very difficult to ignore, I would say the mentally unwell person CANNOT ignore the voices :(

Awaiting #Justice4Cash

I hope his little twin brother is doing as okay as he can do after all of this. I wonder if Bio Dad is in the picture?

While this is an old article, and a lot can happen between May and Sep..., IF he's still with his biological mom she might not want the father anywhere near her or her son.

Does anyone know the twin's name off the top of your head? A quick Google didn't come up with it. It just kept referring to his twin brother.

Gernon's twin had been returned to his biological mother who had been searching for her sons for "an extended amount of time.

Boy, 4, Abducted From Crib and Brutally Murdered Identified; Arrest Made: Police

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maxwell'sSilverHammer
Back