TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The conspiracy theories are running wild on this thread. Yikes.

If the suspect wasn’t mentally ill, then nobody would be questioning if someone made him do it, right? Mentally ill people are also violent, and have urges like any other person. Mentally ill people kill too. Actually, if you deliberately kill someone, I have to argue that something can’t be right mentally.

He did it. It’s on camera. This could’ve happened to literally anyone.

This lady got left with two 4-year-olds that weren’t hers. Yes, she could’ve and should’ve called CPS and notify them. But what did the biological father tell her about their mother? If she was made to believe that she was abusive, I can see her just keeping the kids.

She has a bunch of teenagers in that house, it can’t be easy to deal with that and two 4-year-olds. Teenagers are so hard to deal with.

If she sold anything to the Daily Mail, I can’t hold it against her. I just can’t. Have you read this thread? I’m assuming this is very tame compared to what might being said about her and her kids on social media. Of course she’s going to make the video public. Of course she’s going to talk to the media.

Some people on this thread said loud and clear that it might be her son who killed Cash. Come on.

The killer is on camera kidnapping the victim. <modsnip>

I actually don’t think he wanted to grab the other child when he went back, I suspect he lost something (glasses, mask) and went in there to see if he lost it there. And the reason why he grabbed Cash instead of Carter might have been simply because maybe Cash was closer to the edge of the bed, thus easier to grab.

As for the teenagers being removed from the house, it could be for many reasons. If CPS didn’t think the house was a safe environment for them, of course they would be removed. And if she had contact with CPS in the past, a kidnapping from her home would immediately qualify for removal of all children, I hope.
Yes. Agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to get a lot of hate for this but why were two 4 yr olds sharing a cot they have clearly outgrown? They could sleep together on a mattress on the floor and have more room. I still don't understand the motive and it isn't random he had been in that house before. Why did this person walk past all the other rooms and not attack anyone else they were all sleeping so all vulnerable? Why did he return to the same room hrs later? This is a bizarre case something just doesn't add up for me. I can't just pass him off as crazy because he managed to be stealth enough to break and enter, take a child and return to the scene unheard but somehow be crazy but behave totally calm on camera. He looked like he entered with a purpose and intent imo.

I'm going to get a lot of hate for this but why were two 4 yr olds sharing a cot they have clearly outgrown? They could sleep together on a mattress on the floor and have more room. I still don't understand the motive and it isn't random he had been in that house before. Why did this person walk past all the other rooms and not attack anyone else they were all sleeping so all vulnerable? Why did he return to the same room hrs later? This is a bizarre case something just doesn't add up for me. I can't just pass him off as crazy because he managed to be stealth enough to break and enter, take a child and return to the scene unheard but somehow be crazy but behave totally calm on camera. He looked like he entered with a purpose and intent imo.
I have twin cousins. They are adults now. They shared a bed until pretty late. The parents could've bought them bunk beds for the same price of the King Size bed they bought for them to share, we all thought they would be better off with the bunk beds but the parents didn't. Kids are not the same.

In this case, it seems like the kids went to live there an she provided them with the best she could. I could bet that bed was something she had saved up from one of her kids, who are all teenagers now, or that she borrowed from someone. They are not her kids and this was most likely meant to be just until the father came back, which he never did.

As I understand it, I don't think he passed through everyone's rooms. I think he got in through the garage and went in the twins' room pretty much directly but I think someone else on the thread might be more helpful with the lay-out of the house.

I'm going to get a lot of hate for this but why were two 4 yr olds sharing a cot they have clearly outgrown? They could sleep together on a mattress on the floor and have more room.

I don’t find it that odd. Some young kids - especially twins - prefer to sleep in the same bed, even if provided with their own bed IMO. It would be strange if they weren’t given their own beds by age 5/6 or so, but 4 is still kinda sorta in that baby stage, IMO. Do convertible cribs come in a trundle version? (I don’t know).

It may have been a $ issue - they’re putting off buying proper beds until they’re a little older?

There may have been 2 mattresses at some point. 3/4yr olds have night accidents, even with diapers. Some mattress protectors don’t cover every inch of the mattress. A good mattress protector is expensive IMO, and you need 3 minimum (one on mattress, one in wash, and one ready to go). If you skimp on protectors and have to toss a mattress that is beyond cleaning, I can appreciate why a caregiver would hold off on a new mattress. MOO.

That article states that Cash & Carter’s room was opposite ends of the house from the other 5 people in the house.

In the video, they walk us through the garage through the kitchen/dining maybe, they didn’t actually indicate from there where any of the bedrooms were. Does this mean the babies’ room was near the garage?

And to your point it looks like an exterior door from their room, why not exit there and leave the door unlocked for baby 2 retrieval?
When I watched the DM video, I noted a garage door button that is extremely similar to the one we used at our previous home. It looks like the bedroom was converted from a garage-type area.

Our children, who are four years apart, slept together on the same queen-size bed until the oldest decided he wanted more space for himself. They shared a small bedroom, but they each had a twin bed at that time.

I do understand the argument being made that Ms. Sherrod did the best she could with what she had. Don't we all? The part that I find worrisome is that, and -again- this is just the way WE handled these things in our household, you tend to surround the most vulnerable members of the family (whatever shape this takes) with the less vulnerable members.

Whether talking to the press has been wise or just "tacky", I don't know. It seems like she's further exposing herself to all sorts of abuse in trying to stem its flow. The defensive stance is often taken by people who have something to hide, and this would make those observing it feel uncomfortable.

At the end of the day, the incontrovertible fact is that an innocent child was murdered in a foul and violent manner. That is despicable. Mental health issues aside (which we have experience with in our family), the murder of a child is horrifying.

Video: Horror moment Cash Gernon is snatched from his crib by intruder | Daily Mail Online

At approximately 2:15 in the video, something red flashes on the screen, and DB turns around and looks directly into the camera. Anyone know what that is?

eta it happens again at 2:45 when DB returns
I see the red but don't know what it means. Carter seems to be moving in his sleep at that point.

When it seems that he's looking at the camera, I think he's actually looking toward the door to make sure no one is there. imo

jmo

The conspiracy theories are running wild on this thread. Yikes.

[snip]

This lady got left with two 4-year-olds that weren’t hers. Yes, she could’ve and should’ve called CPS and notify them. But what did the biological father tell her about their mother? If she was made to believe that she was abusive, I can see her just keeping the kids.

[snip]

Some people on this thread said loud and clear that it might be her son who killed Cash. Come on.

The killer is on camera kidnapping the victim.[snip]

And if she had contact with CPS in the past, a kidnapping from her home would immediately qualify for removal of all children, I hope.

Snipped for focus - all of this.

Video: Horror moment Cash Gernon is snatched from his crib by intruder | Daily Mail Online

At approximately 2:15 in the video, something red flashes on the screen, and DB turns around and looks directly into the camera. Anyone know what that is?

eta it happens again at 2:45 when DB returns

More likely than not, it's the camera sensor activating. Our son's camera has a light that turns on when motion is detected; we often notice him looking at it when we ask for a live view of his room to call him or to check on him (which I do as often as is reasonable for an adult his age). It also happens when I activate the microphone on my side to speak to him...he immediately reacts to the light of the device lighting up.

More likely than not, it's the camera sensor activating. Our son's camera has a light that turns on when motion is detected; we often notice him looking at it when we ask for a live view of his room to call him or to check on him (which I do as often as is reasonable for an adult his age). It also happens when I activate the microphone on my side to speak to him...he immediately reacts to the light of the device lighting up.
That is good info to know. Thanks.

The reporting is so bad, I’m not sure which information is factual.

my understanding is that at first the caregiver referred to herself as the mom of Cash. ( maybe she really feels she is their mom, but I think it is strange)

She said she did not know who DB was/who the intruder was.

I think Cash was found by the neighbor before the call came in for the intruder at the home of the twins. Who made the call and why? Someone was up at that time in the early am to make the call. (Was it setting up a scene) Is that when DB returns the second time in daylight? I will say when he returns it does not look nefarious to me. He leans over and looks to pat Carter and then just leaves. I don’t see the “spooked”. Very weird.

why did no one report Cash missing until almost 11 am? What was Carter doing all that time? He didn’t go tell anyone his brother wasn’t there?

so many questions...

my understanding is that at first the caregiver referred to herself as the mom of Cash. ( maybe she really feels she is their mom, but I think it is strange)

I think Cash was found by the neighbor before the call came in for the intruder at the home of the twins. Who made the call and why? Someone was up at that time in the early am to make the call. (Was it setting up a scene) Is that when DB returns the second time in daylight? I will say when he returns it does not look nefarious to me. He leans over and looks to pat Carter and then just leaves. I don’t see the “spooked”. Very weird.

why did no one report Cash missing until almost 11 am? What was Carter doing all that time? He didn’t go tell anyone his brother wasn’t there?

so many questions...
We talked about the 7:27 break-in report yesterday and I think what happened is that time was reported when she reported Cash missing. The 911 call was later in the morning, but it included info about the intrusion happening earlier.

Not sure that's what happened, but that makes more sense then two calls to 911.

jmo

so many questions...
The reporting is certainly confusing. I’ve read several posts on this board saying that bio mom did not have custody of the twins. What is the source for that?

unfortunately the legal custody issue isn't one we can address here. Due to TOS and WS being victim family, the rules don't allow for sleuthing of the parents as they are considered victims. Cash is the victim, but family have always been secondary victims in cases such as this and for that reason, we have only what is published to go on.

There has been a lot of conflicting info in the press about the issue which has left many scratching heads. I have plenty of curiosity about the how of things that landed Cash in the Sherrod home.

But I don't hold much hope those questions will be answered and at the end of the day, the suspect is in custody, he was captured on video abducting the lil guy. So I have to be content with that.

I keep seeing the suspect referred to as mentally ill as if it’s fact. Has that been confirmed anywhere? It’s irresponsible to assume we know any of his medical history or try to diagnose him based on a 4 minute video and his charges.

I keep seeing the suspect referred to as mentally ill as if it’s fact. Has that been confirmed anywhere? It’s irresponsible to assume we know any of his medical history or try to diagnose him based on a 4 minute video and his charges.
His mother told the press DB receives services from Metrocare, which provides mental health services.

Home - Metrocare Services

Below is one reference:

The teenage suspect’s mother told CBS 11’s Robbie Owens over the phone that her son has some mental health issues, but not capable of such a violent act.

Dallas Police Recover What Could Be The Weapon Used To Kill 4-Year-Old Cash Gernon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298