TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped...Probably trivial to this case, but I agree that it could certainly be relevant to someone keenly interested in twin studies. (Fraternal) twin births have dramatically increased. What are you thinking? Is fraternal vs identical relevant here? (I'm of the uneducated opinion that identical and fraternal twins are basically different species, but curious about your thoughts!)

The pain of a four-year old sibling being murdered is incalculable, especially when the other sibling is also only four. It will be difficult for Carter to process even as he grows older. The bond between twins at this age, even for fraternal twins, is just so immense. Same age, same experiences, sleeping in the same little bed---two halves of a whole.

If they are (were ) fraternal, they'd still be two halves, but they wouldn't be considered a package as much as identical twins are. As identical twins, you become accustomed to no one ever knowing who is whom, people asking you the same questions every day (who is smarter, who is prettier, do you ever play tricks on people, can your parents tell you apart). As fraternal twins age into adults, they don't get asked those questions and they become more like regular siblings, but with the same birthday.

I don't know if Cash and Carter were identical, although to me they don't look it. Regardless, even though I think identical twins identify with each other much more, this is a pain too deep for any child. When he is older and looks back on their joint birthday party pictures, or them playing together, or being dressed alike, he will always know he was deprived of this special brotherhood.

Fraternal twins have increased in numbers due to IVF and embryo implantation, IMO. My twin and I are natural freaks.

Last edited:
I'm confused. I feel horrible for Mr. Gernon, but I don't understand why he issues a statement through his sister's Facebook page rather than turn himself in so he can cooperate with authorities.

A few things stand out, aside from the raw emotion that obviously pours from him as he speaks of Cash and Carter; he never says Ms. Sherrod was his girlfriend, and he says he left to look for work and didn't want to disrupt their routine.

I feel for the poor man. He cannot possibly feel good about his decisions and he must be devastated over what has happened.

Is this is the first we hear from any member of his family since Cash was found?

I feel horrible for these kids, and for their families. The one thing that needs to happen is they need to band together to help Carter cope and they need to fully cooperate with law enforcement. Dad needs to come home. Even if it means arrest. Carter needs him.
Trevor Gernon has also made a statement on youtube

No matter what I do to distract myself I can't get this poor lad out of my head. The case, with the little information we have so far, is haunting me. I'm also getting "Shannon Matthews" vibes from it, and hope we hear something from LE soon :(

I know how you feel. Our yellow lab is named Cash and everytime I call for him I immediately think of Cash. So heartbroken for him. :(:( And our dog is way to old to change his name. :(

Texas woman who cared for Cash Gernon, 4, gives tearful account of kidnap

“She told the outlet how Brown, a family acquaintance, was seen breaking into a rear door to enter her home in the wee morning hours.“

Sounds like there is video that shows DB breaking in... if true, that surely means that DB did this of his own accord, not in conjunction with anyone else in that home (despite DB’s mother insisting he was set up).

ETA: I don’t think police would have charged DB with kidnapping if they were unsure that was him in the videos.

Why are the family relationships being reframed as they are? "Ex-girlfriend", "brother", "they called me mom"... News outlets, even at the local level, need to start being a little more transparent about the actual family structures in this case; at the core, we have, regrettably, a broken nuclear family that was formed by the biological parents and the twin boys, and then a smattering of people who were either not involved, but supposedly searching for the boys and a household the twins lived in when the father disappeared.

I really wish Ms. Sherrod's son had better eye contact with the camera when he's interviewed. That's just a personal quirk of mine, I guess.

The absence of a murder charge suggests IMO that LE may think there is way more to this. If it was as obvious as you make it seem, DB would have been charged with murder. Justice for Cash.
Snipped and bbm

From the Dallas police directly:

"The suspect has been identified as 18-year-old Darriynn Brown. He is charged with kidnapping and burglary. Dallas investigators anticipate additional charges, pending results from a forensic analysis."

Homicide at 7500 Saddleridge Drive

Snipped and bbm

From the Dallas police directly:

"The suspect has been identified as 18-year-old Darriynn Brown. He is charged with kidnapping and burglary. Dallas investigators anticipate additional charges, pending results from a forensic analysis."

Homicide at 7500 Saddleridge Drive

It's a question of semantics but they don't say WHO they expect to charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces