TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This article is from day 1, May 15th BEFORE Darriynn Brown was arrested.

From the video in the article-

Dallas police and FBI had been there over 12 hours processing the scene & gathering evidence at time of report.

Hazmat crew was brought in to clean

~snip~
Police calling the crime "unusual," and said the crime scene extends about 200 feet back into a bike trail and includes a wooded area behind some homes.

Investigators said they do have a potential lead, and they did confirm there was a possible sighting of a person running down the street towards the wooded area just before the boy’s body was found.
~snip~

From me- that’s probably a lot of evidence to process on top of evidence from Cash’s home + the suspects home. moo

Dallas police investigating murder of 4-year-old

Warning: disturbing post…

I was trying to figure out why he would be left in the street.
Then this article described a crime scene that was an extensive area.

I’m wondering if the boy made it from the woods to the street on his own, and the crime scene is that path?

I have a very good question. If DB was wearing an ankle monitor who was in charge of tracking him? Why was he allowed to roam the neighborhood in the dead of night? Or any other time? Seems to me an alarm would alert said person in charge of tracking him,and making sure he stayed put. Sounds like dereliction of duty to me. MOO
What time was Cash snatching? Like 5amish. Maybe that's the allowed time to leave...for work purposes (even if he never worked at 5am...maybe they set it at that for everyone).

I’m wondering if the boy made it from the woods to the street on his own, and the crime scene is that path?

I’ve had that same thought.

That was either bad information or bad reporting.
Dallas County Sheriffs Office confirmed he was not wearing an ankle monitor when he took Cash.

~snip~
The Dallas County Sheriff's Office said that Brown was not wearing an ankle monitor at the time of incident, but would have to if he posts bond.
~snip~

Memorial set up for 4-year-old boy found dead in Dallas | khou.com
Can't believe that would even think of allowing bond. Being he has the evading charge. Ankle monitor or not. He's clearly a flight risk,and danger to the community. Also I'm not so sure the community wouldn't get to him before he could make it back to face the charges. Which is what bond/no bond is all about. To ensure a defendant actually shows up. MOO

I’ve wondered this, I also wondered if an animal dragged him into the street. This poor baby.

Why did he have on glasses though? Couldn't have been sunglasses ... it was night time. And he isn't wearing prescription glasses any other time, including the next time he's seen in the room. Very odd.
I think trying to find rational answers regarding the behavior of someone who doesn't think or behave rationally might be a futile task.

He might wear those glasses because it was part of the fantasy he was living out, because a voice told him to, or because he likes wearing them. And later he took them off. There likely is no "hidden" reason, or a reason that would make sense to us.

jmo

I keep coming back to the Arlo. If she has stored footage (vs live-streaming only), she’s paying a monthly or annual fee. I wonder when she started the subscription. And I wonder if there is more than one monitor. And I wonder if anyone appears after March. JMO.

Arlo plans - it seems similar to a set-up like Ring.
Arlo subscription plans and cloud recording
We had Arlo cameras. Just the regular cameras (not baby). They operate on motion and the sensitivity can be adjusted. We did not have any sort of subscription. Videos are stored for a while ... maybe a week? I don't remember. You definitely do not need a monthly subscription though. Our cameras did not record audio.

There is a statement from the father been released. Am I able to post the link?
Editing this actually because that suggests it’s been released by law enforcement. He has posted an audio statement on Facebook.

I already asked the mods for permission to post when I found it. It has to posted on MSM first.

ADMIN NOTE:

We are aware of an audio podcast put out by Cash's father, Trevor, but we are waiting until it is available via MSM or other approved source that we are familiar with.

In the meantime, please don't link to social media or other non-approved sources.

Thank you.

Have you googled night vision glasses/goggles? I did and think it’s pretty clear after googling that they are not night vision.

yes, yes i have. there are some sophisticated glasses available these days, not the bulky goggle style from old films

they are modern and evolving. I'm in the UK and have seen styles over here which are quite advanced .........

It was heartbreaking to listen to. All the emotions and public reactions being experienced by these parents has to be so heavy. :(
I appreciated that he shared his side of the story and what he is experiencing. What I appreciated most is he did not point fingers or blame, which can be easy to do in a time of grief, but instead expressed his desire for the family to unite for justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member