TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter what I do to distract myself I can't get this poor lad out of my head. The case, with the little information we have so far, is haunting me. I'm also getting "Shannon Matthews" vibes from it, and hope we hear something from LE soon :(

So Sherrod had been with the twins since they were 2? I wonder if they had ever been with and/or spoken to their bio-mom in the past 2 years?

It seems odd that bio-mom didn't know anything about Sherrod in these past 2 years.
ITA Katy, I have a feeling that there's much more to this 'family dynamic' than we are privy to at this point.

Bio Dad has been 'missing' for almost 2 months, Bio Mom didn't know where the children were, Ex GF is caring for these boys because???? Something's not adding up here to me.

Alright, after sleeping on this and watching the video in .25 speed many times. IMO the critical issue is the WHO/WHAT/WHERE/WHY regarding the footage. Here are some important/troubling observations.

Breaking down the night footage, it begins with one of the twins getting in bed. At that point in the video, you can see what appears to be the head of the other twin across the bed. Then the video randomly cuts, you see the red flash. Again, who made this video? But right after that flash, the perp is in the room, and the head is no longer visible. It's under a blanket. The footage is edited to make things appear a certain way. Who edited the footage? Keep asking yourself this. LE didn't publish it. A tabloid "journalism" site that buys clickbait stories did. Who sold the footage? So the perp is on camera now. As some have noted, it looks like the person is on a phone and/or being instructed. That is absolutely what is happening IMO. Watch closely. Person appears to be on the phone whether holding it or using earbuds. Appears to be listening and waiting on what to be told to do next. Around 1:31 in the video there is another red flash. After that flash, the person is no longer just waiting around. He is now leaning down and removes the blanket. Again, the footage is edited. I'm not a film expert, but I have edited many videos over the last decade. At that point, it as if the person instructing him said "remove the cover". Slow the portion of the video down. It is obvious IMO that after removing the cover, the person is shocked, and jolts back, stunned at what he is looking at, puts hand to face area, surprised. Even in .25 speed, the jump back motion is quick. Looks like a genuine reaction. Then there is another break in the footage. A strange shooting-star kind of light can be seen on the floor for a moment. The person is now examining Cash and appears to be thinking about the best way to pick him up. Seems to be waiting on a car or another person, thus keeps looking to his right. Once he picks Cash up, the poor boy is limp, doesn't make a sound. His twin is moving in the bed, seeing what happened. Even if Cash was sleeping, he would've moved. JMO. I don't think he was sleeping. The footage then rolls for a moment, showing Carter moving around. I cannot help but keep repeating: why was this footage released and who edited it?

The footage is the crucial part here, because it shows DB in the house, no question - I guess that day, although the video I'm seeing is not timestamped. DB appears in the video, certainly. But that's the only certainty in the video re: DB. There is no evidence he killed Cash, especially considering he hasn't been charged with murder. We the public have a duty to question this footage, as it didn't come from LE. This part reminds me of the Elisa Lam case, in that the footage is, IMO, clearly edited to show a certain narrative, and wasn't released by official LE, and led to people concluding she was mentally ill. EVEN if this footage came from LE, I would still be questioning it, which is why I mentioned the Terry Bevers case earlier. And family talking to reporters. If LE released footage, then LE wants the public to help. If the Daily Mail releases footage, and LE doesn't comment on it, it raises infinite doubt.

DB hasn't been charged with murder because IMO he didn't commit murder. DB is clearly in the morning video and was arrested after being identified in it. But there is much more to this than the footage. IMO Cash was hurt before being picked up in that video. I don't think it is DB in that part of the video. IMO the person in the video may not have killed Cash. I think that person - with help - put Cash in the middle of the road, and then decided to involve DB after the fact, to make it appear DB did all of this. There is a reason DB hasn't been charged with murder. I want justice for Cash. I do not want a miscarriage of justice. This footage being published in the Daily Mail is disgusting and compromises the investigation. Someone made money off of this footage. For all we know the Daily Mail edited the footage to make it look a certain way. I don't know. It is edited, of that I am certain. So because it didn't come from LE, that is a major problem. JMO. Justice for Cash.
To me it absolutely looks like he's holding him as not to get anything all over him , kinda like the way you would pick up your dog who walowed in the mud or your kid who had food all over them, many a time have I carried my grandaughter to the tub like that after a mess! I stand by the theory of it is exactly what it looks like , something is rotten in Duncanville IMO

Is there any reason to believe that DB did not have a vehicle he used to facilitate this crime against Cash?
The biggest reason I don’t think a vehicle was used is that we haven’t heard of any being searched or seized. That doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened but I do think we’d hear about it if it did.

To me it absolutely looks like he's holding him as not to get anything all over him , kinda like the way you would pick up your dog who walowed in the mud or your kid who had food all over them, many a time have I carried my grandaughter to the tub like that after a mess! I stand by the theory of it is exactly what it looks like , something is rotten in Duncanville IMO
There could’ve been something on Cash, like urine or vomit, OR he could be trying not to get any of his own DNA on Cash.

To me, it looks like someone who is not comfortable with kids, not attached to the child with a need to hold him close, and is trying to escape before noises are made without making many adjustments first or waking the brother......... oh. And someone who clearly views this human child as a torture and murder object, rather than someone who needs to be cuddled. Was everyone expecting him to pick him up, hug him and pat his back or something?

To me, it looks like someone who is not comfortable with kids, not attached to the child with a need to hold him close, and is trying to escape before noises are made without making many adjustments first or waking the brother......... oh. And someone who clearly views this human child as a torture and murder object, rather than someone who needs to be cuddled. Was everyone expecting him to pick him up, hug him and pat his back or something?

I think if I were trying to remove a child quietly I’d try to keep from waking them, so I’d scoop them up and hold them close and be ready to cover their mouth if they made noise.

I keep coming back to the Arlo. If she has stored footage (vs live-streaming only), she’s paying a monthly or annual fee. I wonder when she started the subscription. And I wonder if there is more than one monitor. And I wonder if anyone appears after March. JMO.

Arlo plans - it seems similar to a set-up like Ring.
Arlo subscription plans and cloud recording

Last edited:
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I’m very curious what Darriyn is saying in the video on his second visit, and to whom (or are we just chalking it up to mental issues?)

what I believe I hear Brown saying on the return trip to the boys room.

"Kay, I will just leave"
"actin like a creep in here"
"I ain't got to do it."

I do believe this young man is extremely mentally disturbed. I think he is conversing with a voice in his own head. I do not believe he was speaking to anyone in the home or anyone who exists.

The video footage is chilling. As with Shaniya, all those years ago, I will never be able to unsee that sweet baby as he is lifted from his bed and carried away to experience what we now know he experienced.

I agree about conversing with a voice in his head. The first time I saw the vid where it's taking him a long time to take the child my thought was... 'Is he listening to voices in his head?'. Sure, it just could have been him getting up the nerve to do it but that was my initial thought was voices in his head.

He definitely has something wrong upstairs. It sure took him a long time to eventually do it (weeks?) so this is an inner conversation he's had with himself for a long time. I just don't understand some people. :(

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I’m very curious what Darriyn is saying in the video on his second visit, and to whom (or are we just chalking it up to mental issues?)

What I hear with my Beats headphones:

DB snickers when he leans over and touches Carter. Carter stirs in the bed.

DB steps away and says: yeah dat was deep

Still walking around DB says: snatched him out his crib from his own home

Last thing I hear from DB: now you got to go young man

All moo

Link to Daily Mail article with video:

Video reveals moment Cash Gernon was snatched from his bed

The Arlo baby monitoring system is sound and motion activated.

No sound? No movement? No recording of video. This means if Darriynn Brown stood perfectly still over the bed...it would stop recording. It would start again after it detected movement or sound.

How long did he actually hover over that bed before snatching poor Cash out of his bed? We don’t know.

Perhaps what looks like edited video is actually spliced together video clips.

He jumps back after pulling off the blanket in case Cash woke up. MOO

He put his hand up to his face to adjust his glasses. MOO

Link to Arlo baby monitoring system- Arlo Baby – 1080p HD Monitoring Camera & Table/Wall Stand
Why did he have on glasses though? Couldn't have been sunglasses ... it was night time. And he isn't wearing prescription glasses any other time, including the next time he's seen in the room. Very odd.

I have a very good question. If DB was wearing an ankle monitor who was in charge of tracking him? Why was he allowed to roam the neighborhood in the dead of night? Or any other time? Seems to me an alarm would alert said person in charge of tracking him,and making sure he stayed put. Sounds like dereliction of duty to me. MOO

I have a very good question. If DB was wearing an ankle monitor who was in charge of tracking him? Why was he allowed to roam the neighborhood in the dead of night? Or any other time? Seems to me an alarm would alert said person in charge of tracking him,and making sure he stayed put. Sounds like dereliction of duty to me. MOO

That was either bad information or bad reporting.
Dallas County Sheriffs Office confirmed he was not wearing an ankle monitor when he took Cash.

~snip~
The Dallas County Sheriff's Office said that Brown was not wearing an ankle monitor at the time of incident, but would have to if he posts bond.
~snip~

Memorial set up for 4-year-old boy found dead in Dallas | khou.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members