TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a very good question. If DB was wearing an ankle monitor who was in charge of tracking him? Why was he allowed to roam the neighborhood in the dead of night? Or any other time? Seems to me an alarm would alert said person in charge of tracking him,and making sure he stayed put. Sounds like dereliction of duty to me. MOO
The evading charge in April 2021 was a misdemeanor. IMO this charge only means police wanted to talk to him and he ran away, IOW simple evading. So there would be no ankle monitor on such a small charge.
Dallas County Criminal Background Search

He sounds absolutely heartbroken and regretful for leaving the kids with Monica.

I'm confused. I feel horrible for Mr. Gernon, but I don't understand why he issues a statement through his sister's Facebook page rather than turn himself in so he can cooperate with authorities.

A few things stand out, aside from the raw emotion that obviously pours from him as he speaks of Cash and Carter; he never says Ms. Sherrod was his girlfriend, and he says he left to look for work and didn't want to disrupt their routine.

I feel for the poor man. He cannot possibly feel good about his decisions and he must be devastated over what has happened.

Is this is the first we hear from any member of his family since Cash was found?

I feel horrible for these kids, and for their families. The one thing that needs to happen is they need to band together to help Carter cope and they need to fully cooperate with law enforcement. Dad needs to come home. Even if it means arrest. Carter needs him.

Obviously I don't know him, but that sounded like a truly anguished father.

The mistakes he's made that, as he said, may require him to lose his freedom when he wants to grieve his son----I hope and pray that this dreadful, unutterable loss will help him turn his life around. He needs to be there for Carter in the future.

On a trivial note, as an identical twin I'm always interested in twin stuff.
It looks to me like the boys are fraternal. I think Carter has darker hair and different colored eyes than Cash? Or it's my computer monitor, maybe. Unimportant, just an observation.

Warning: disturbing post…

I was trying to figure out why he would be left in the street.
Then this article described a crime scene that was an extensive area.

I’m wondering if the boy made it from the woods to the street on his own, and the crime scene is that path?
That's what I think. But I guess there would be a blood trail if so, and we haven't heard of any, have we?

Last edited:
Both kids looked healthy, clean and happy. I don't know why there's an arrest warrant, and I honestly don't want to know. Their mother didn't kill Cash, their father didn't kill cash, Monica S. didn't kill Cash.

He should be able to grieve his son's death. He should be able to go to his son's funeral without being arrested. He didn't kill anyone, did he? Are they really trying to arrest him while grieving his son, for drug related crimes?

I seriously hope the parents manage to forget about their drama and show up for Carter. That poor kid lost his brother, he's a victim too.

I sensed pure pain and grief in the father's 'statement'...along with a big dose of guilt and shame. I cannot imagine being in his shoes. He may have made some really dumb choices in his life, but certainly those decisions shouldn't have cost his child's life! The victim is poor little Cash, and the perp...who was caught on video and identified, is behind bars. I hope this man finds a good attorney, and is granted permission to see his child. Then he can face his own personal turmoil and emotions, and allow others to do the same.

From Trevor Gernon's audio* on his sister's facebook vid, avail on crimeonline.com,
approved by Sillybilly, W/S Administrator.

"To make matters worse, I have to fear for my freedom as it of the goal of some who want to see me to go to jail rather than grieve the loss of my little boy."

* At ~ 2:50 mark, May 23 crimeonline.com
Cash Gernon: Dad of abandoned boy found dead in the street says he ‘didn’t want to disrupt’ the routine [HEAR IT]
TG states he has to fear for his freedom as reported earlier by Crimeonline because it appears from court records (and as corroborated by Sherrod earlier) that TG did not appear in court end of March 2021 to answer to drug possession charges.

TG was previously granted deferred adjudication for unlawful use of vehicle and most likely violated terms of his probation when he did not appear for possession charges. Given the charges, I don't think he was a high priority for Houston PD and most likely was fleeing from his bondsman's bounty hunter. MOO

Texas tot boy stolen from crib: Cash Gernon’s dad is a WANTED FUGITIVE

May 20, 2021

The mysterious father of a young boy found dead on Saturday has numerous felony warrants out for his arrest, according to court documents.

Cash Gernon, 4, was found deceased with multiple wounds lying in the middle of a street in the Mountain Creek neighborhood of Dallas. Authorities on Saturday night arrested 18-year-old Darriynn Brown in connection with the boy’s death. He’s currently facing kidnapping and robbery charges, although authorities said charges will likely be upgraded after the official cause of death is released.

Andy Kahan, Director of Victim Services and Advocacy for Crime Stoppers of Houston, shared court documents with CrimeOnline from the Harris County District Court state that Cash’s father Trevor Gernon is wanted on multiple felonies. Kahan previously worked as a Victim Advocate for the Mayor’s Office and for the Houston Police Department as both a Parole and Probation Officer.

Court documents at the Harris County District Court state that Trevor Gernon is wanted on charges of:

• Unauthorized use of a vehicle (two counts)
  • Fraud
  • Drug possession (two counts)
  • Theft by check
warrants-1-.jpg

Right. He had no idea which one he was getting because it was dark in the room. moo
I completely disagree. When I go into my three sons' room, which I know VERY WELL, I cannot see ANYTHING if it's pitch black--can't see the bunkbeds, have no idea where the door is, dresser, etc. and will literally run into things (walls, dresser, tv stand, beds). This tells me there was enough light in that room for someone, who wouldn't know the room better than I know my kids' room, to know where the bed is, to know where to grab the blanket/sheet to drape it, to swerve to the right to LOOK AT THE OTHER TWIN DIRECTLY, to reach for a person and successfully grab him under the arms. If there was that much light, he could make out the person, no doubt. He wanted a specific twin.

That's not my opinion regarding the lighting, that's the reality. Try it, get just enough light where you can make out furniture, where people are laying on the bed, where their arms are, so you can grab them--you will also be able to tell who it is you're grabbing.

Last edited:
With regards to an interest in one twin, one thing that occurred to me is how would he know which one is which in the dark? Maybe he did intend to harm both, picking one at random, and coming back. MOO.
You can tell he has enough light to make out the bed, where to reach for a person, where to grab the child under the arms, to swerve to the right to look at the other twin to see if he's awake. Like I said in my post just above this, if it was pitch black, he wouldn't been able to do these things.

From an earlier post upthread:

"Authorities say, Brown had an ankle monitoring bracelet on for a prior charge."
Other sources indicate that the early information was incorrect:

New York Post
Boy found dead in Texas street was kidnapped while he slept: mom
"... An initial WFAA report the accused kidnapper was wearing an ankle monitor at the time of the abduction is inaccurate, according to the Dallas County Sheriff’s Office. ..."

TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

Post on page#8 includes update/correction link to WFAA:

"WFAA news story by Malini Basu updated again to report Darriynn Brown WASN’T wearing an ankle monitor.

From the article:
“The Dallas County Sheriff's Office said that Brown was not wearing an ankle monitor at the time of incident, but would have to if he posts bond.”

Memorial set up for 4-year-old boy found dead in Dallas | wfaa.com

According to records, he was charged with evading police in late April, and Dallas police say they’re expecting more charges to be filed.

¢JI66 DA CASE ID MA2155422 JUDCL CASE ID
A010 DEF NAME BROWN D C010 DEF NAME
J U D I C I A L I N F O R M A T I O N
A010-020-030-040 FILE DATE 000000
DEF NAME BROWN_DARRIYNN_RONNELL_____________ RACE B SEX M DOB 12292002 AGE 18
DEF ADR1***************************************** AC ___ PH _______ SS ***********************
DEF CITY DUNCANVILLE_________ ST TX ZIP 75249 DLNUM ************** DLST __
OFF EVADE_ARREST/DET____________ DT 042721 TYP/CL M A GOC/CAT _ _ CODE OC000000
COMT __________ SID NUM ________ OF AMT ________
COMPLAINANT *********************************** TAPE # 0____ ARREST DATE 042721
JUV STAT N REPEAT OFFENDER N CAREER OFFENDER N ORIG-LOC DSO____ CURR-LOC B
FILING AGENCY*************** SER/CAS NO******************** ARREST NUM ______________
LAI NUM******************** AIS/DSO NO******************** BOOKIN NUM ______21015341
JP FILE DATE 000000 JP CASE ID __________ JP COURT ID __ FED _ EVH _ AFF _
MAGISTRATE DATE 000000 MAGIS COURT __ MAGIS JUDGE _________ BOUND OVER _
EXAM TRIAL DATE 000000 EXAM COURT __ EXAM JUDGE _________ IND METH ___
GJ/H/R DT ______ _ GJ# ________ GJ/W/FILE 000000 GJ DS _ DA DSP _ ACC _ REAS _
DA DISPOS DATE 000000 MISDEMEANOR REDUCTION _ SENTENCE PROBATED _
JUDCL CASE ID _________ GJ CT __ PROS STAT _ ___ PROS NAME _______________
COURT ASSIGNED TO MK DATE ASSIGNED 042721 ASSIGNED BY O REASON B
PRECEEDING DA CASE ID ___________ SUCCEEDING DA CASE ID ___________
TRN __________ TRS ____ WARRANT STATUS S STATE OFF CD 48010017__

SETS AND PASSES
B060
SET FOR DATE 052821 SET FOR TIME 0900 SET TYPE FIRS PASSED TO DATE ______
SET DISPOSITION CODE __ PASSED GENERALLY _ COMMENTS AIS_UPDT______________
STATES RECOMMENDATION __________________ KIOSK ___ REC NO 01 _

Accused set to appear in court on 5/28/21 for his April 27 evading police charge. Don't know where MSM got the ankle monitor from as nothing in the arrest indicates he had a GPS monitor.

https://www.dallascounty.org/criminalBackgroundSearch/defendant_detail?ln=02

Hello, premeditated. Thank goodness for cameras.

Well!!! That should clear up some of the suspicion that this guy wasn't acting alone. I'm not sure why it's that hard to believe! We have lone peeps all the time!!! He knows where all the kids are. He has been searching for the right one at the right moment. He even did that same little stop, still, stare then act quickly thing.

In mental health, we used to use the phrase "Killer is a good boy!". Meaning that there were certain times where things would be glossed over or ignored, for the sake of acting like it was all fine. When really, it's a killer. This is a classic case of "Killer is a good boy." And he's not. Hes a predator of children and killed one. I would be looking at other unsolved crimes against children in the area. The family cash was living with probably would have been really accused without that video. Hell. They still are being accused WITH a clear video of who did it.

According to records, he was charged with evading police in late April, and Dallas police say they’re expecting more charges to be filed.

J U D I C I A L I N F O R M A T I O N
A010-020-030-040 FILE DATE 000000
DEF NAME BROWN_DARRIYNN_RONNELL_____________ RACE B SEX M DOB 12292002 AGE 18
DEF ADR1***************************************** AC ___ PH _______ SS ***********************
DEF CITY DUNCANVILLE_________ ST TX ZIP 75249 DLNUM ************** DLST __
OFF EVADE_ARREST/DET____________ DT 042721 TYP/CL M A GOC/CAT _ _ CODE OC000000
COMT __________ SID NUM ________ OF AMT ________
COMPLAINANT *********************************** TAPE # 0____ ARREST DATE 042721
JUV STAT N REPEAT OFFENDER N CAREER OFFENDER N ORIG-LOC DSO____ CURR-LOC B
FILING AGENCY*************** SER/CAS NO******************** ARREST NUM ______________
LAI NUM******************** AIS/DSO NO******************** BOOKIN NUM ______21015341
JP FILE DATE 000000 JP CASE ID __________ JP COURT ID __ FED _ EVH _ AFF _
MAGISTRATE DATE 000000 MAGIS COURT __ MAGIS JUDGE _________ BOUND OVER _
EXAM TRIAL DATE 000000 EXAM COURT __ EXAM JUDGE _________ IND METH ___
GJ/H/R DT ______ _ GJ# ________ GJ/W/FILE 000000 GJ DS _ DA DSP _ ACC _ REAS _
DA DISPOS DATE 000000 MISDEMEANOR REDUCTION _ SENTENCE PROBATED _
JUDCL CASE ID _________ GJ CT __ PROS STAT _ ___ PROS NAME _______________
COURT ASSIGNED TO MK DATE ASSIGNED 042721 ASSIGNED BY O REASON B
PRECEEDING DA CASE ID ___________ SUCCEEDING DA CASE ID ___________
TRN __________ TRS ____ WARRANT STATUS S STATE OFF CD 48010017__

SETS AND PASSES
B060
SET FOR DATE 052821 SET FOR TIME 0900 SET TYPE FIRS PASSED TO DATE ______
SET DISPOSITION CODE __ PASSED GENERALLY _ COMMENTS AIS_UPDT______________
STATES RECOMMENDATION __________________ KIOSK ___ REC NO 01 _

Accused set to appear in court on 5/28/21 for his April 27 evading police charge. Don't know where MSM got the ankle monitor from as nothing in the arrest indicates he had a GPS monitor.

https://www.dallascounty.org/criminalBackgroundSearch/defendant_detail?ln=02

Repeat offender. Sounds like he should have been kept locked up. MOO

After looking into this,all freakin week, I do know those kids only had each other really. Not wanting speculate but they had lots of family members. Wish they could’ve found the kids sooner. Things are definitely off. I haven’t heard any real concern or outrage from either side of the family. Like they almost expected something to happen. Ugh. I’d be all over the place. Literally screaming for answers and encouraging people who might know something to come forward. So wierd.

On a trivial note, as an identical twin I'm always interested in twin stuff.
It looks to me like the boys are fraternal. I think Carter has darker hair and different colored eyes than Cash? Or it's my computer monitor, maybe. Unimportant, just an observation.

Snipped...Probably trivial to this case, but I agree that it could certainly be relevant to someone keenly interested in twin studies. (Fraternal) twin births have dramatically increased. What are you thinking? Is fraternal vs identical relevant here? (I'm of the uneducated opinion that identical and fraternal twins are basically different species, but curious about your thoughts!)

Last edited:
The conspiracy theories are running wild on this thread. Yikes.

If the suspect wasn’t mentally ill, then nobody would be questioning if someone made him do it, right? Mentally ill people are also violent, and have urges like any other person. Mentally ill people kill too. Actually, if you deliberately kill someone, I have to argue that something can’t be right mentally.

He did it. It’s on camera. This could’ve happened to literally anyone.

This lady got left with two 4-year-olds that weren’t hers. Yes, she could’ve and should’ve called CPS and notify them. But what did the biological father tell her about their mother? If she was made to believe that she was abusive, I can see her just keeping the kids.

She has a bunch of teenagers in that house, it can’t be easy to deal with that and two 4-year-olds. Teenagers are so hard to deal with.

If she sold anything to the Daily Mail, I can’t hold it against her. I just can’t. Have you read this thread? I’m assuming this is very tame compared to what might being said about her and her kids on social media. Of course she’s going to make the video public. Of course she’s going to talk to the media.

Some people on this thread said loud and clear that it might be her son who killed Cash. Come on.

The killer is on camera kidnapping the victim. <modsnip>

I actually don’t think he wanted to grab the other child when he went back, I suspect he lost something (glasses, mask) and went in there to see if he lost it there. And the reason why he grabbed Cash instead of Carter might have been simply because maybe Cash was closer to the edge of the bed, thus easier to grab.

As for the teenagers being removed from the house, it could be for many reasons. If CPS didn’t think the house was a safe environment for them, of course they would be removed. And if she had contact with CPS in the past, a kidnapping from her home would immediately qualify for removal of all children, I hope.

Still catching up, but I respectfully disagree with this, and think referring to people in this thread "conspiracy theorists" is not right, given a kid was found dead eight days ago and this is a crime sleuthing forum. People want justice and are entitled to their opinions. "The killer is on camera kidnapping the victim". That is not correct. Someone is on video kidnapping the victim. As far as I know, no one has been charged with murder. DB has been charged with kidnapping. A kidnapping is shown in the footage - not murder. I can't even conclude DB is the one in the night portion of the footage. I certainly can't conclude DB killed Cash, even if it is DB in both parts of the video. The absence of a murder charge suggests IMO that LE may think there is way more to this. If it was as obvious as you make it seem, DB would have been charged with murder. Justice for Cash.

Last edited:
Texas woman who cared for Cash Gernon, 4, gives tearful account of kidnap

“She told the outlet how Brown, a family acquaintance, was seen breaking into a rear door to enter her home in the wee morning hours.“

Sounds like there is video that shows DB breaking in... if true, that surely means that DB did this of his own accord, not in conjunction with anyone else in that home (despite DB’s mother insisting he was set up).

ETA: I don’t think police would have charged DB with kidnapping if they were unsure that was him in the videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257