TX - Chad Read 54, shot/killed by ex's bf, Kyle Carruth, in custody dispute, Lubbock, 5 Nov 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
2nd degree or manslaughter at the least. I’m hopeful that they get some prior communications from the couple to maybe see if this was planned or something. It just seems that if LE don’t pursue this, they are saying that weapons are welcome in any conflict as long as was is near home or their vehicle.
If that’s the case, then remind me never to drive through Texas.
God forbid there was a fender bender and the other guy starts blaming me for causing it. So I get out of my car to take a look at the damage and deny that I caused the accident. I decide to take some photos of the damage for LE and insurance purposes and he angrily tells me to get away from his car as he brandishes a gun. I ask for his insurance information and he shoots me dead. Justified? Castle Doctrine?
<modsnip: quoted post removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we have any solid proof of where the son was during this event other than what was said in the video? Just wondering.
I don’t know but it sure sounds like the whole family was in on this. Chad mentions the grandmother, Kyle’s ex-wife AnnMarie, and others inside of the house curiously videotaping his arrival to pick up his son.
I’d love to be a fly on the wall in that house right now. ;)

God forbid there was a fender bender and the other guy starts blaming me for causing it. So I get out of my car to take a look at the damage and deny that I caused the accident. I decide to take some photos of the damage for LE and insurance purposes and he angrily tells me to get away from his car as he brandishes a gun. I ask for his insurance information and he shoots me dead. Justified? Castle Doctrine?

Self defense is the new thing it seems. I’ve got a local case (S C state vs Cimbollek) where a guy put 7 bullets in his estranged wife’s head as she lay in bed according to the report and he has claimed defense. Now, maybe she had a weapon, I don’t know, but she also had a restraint order on him that obviously didn’t work.

I had a guy wave a gun at me and threaten to shoot me because I dared cross in front of him at a crosswalk at a red light. A police officer was right there I reported it he laughed at me said he was within his right to "warn me."
Welcome to Texas.

I had a guy wave a gun at me and threaten to shoot me because I dared cross in front of him at a crosswalk at a red light. A police officer was right there I reported it he laughed at me said he was within his right to "warn me."
Welcome to Texas.

Count your blessings that he didn’t need to “defend” himself.

Self defense is the new thing it seems. I’ve got a local case (S C state vs Cimbollek) where a guy put 7 bullets in his estranged wife’s head as she lay in bed according to the report and he has claimed defense. Now, maybe she had a weapon, I don’t know, but she also had a restraint order on him that obviously didn’t work.
Was he actually convicted or acquitted yet? Having trouble finding a record of this case, but from how you describe it, this sounds like a fairly flimsy attempt at a defense.

Was he actually convicted or acquitted yet? Having trouble finding a record of this case, but from how you describe it, this sounds like a fairly flimsy attempt at a defense.

He is in jail in Union County SC and recently had a bond hearing that was only reported by the Union County News weekly paper. They reported it on FB where a relative showed it to me. I’m not on that platform. It’s public record so I don’t think I’m crossing a line. The name is Robert M Cimbollek. The spelling may be Cimbolleck? I’ll look.

That’s what I was thinking, when a big amount of cash gets into play it’s going to prompt a bunch of digging.
That is true, but what I was getting at was that even if Kyle isn’t held criminally responsible, it’s more likely than not imo he’ll be found liable in a civil suit because the facts of the case do not scream “clear-cut self defense” as was the case with Rittenhouse for example. In a way, that would allow Chad’s family to receive some kind of justice.

That is true, but what I was getting at was that even if Kyle isn’t held criminally responsible, it’s more likely than not imo he’ll be found liable in a civil suit because the facts of the case do not scream “clear-cut self defense” as was the case with Rittenhouse for example. In a way, that would allow Chad’s family to receive some kind of justice.

I agree, he would probably try and settle it with some mumbo jumbo that will say he isn’t at fault. These civil cases can sometime unearth stuff that LE might not get into.

I agree, he would probably try and settle it with some mumbo jumbo that will say he isn’t at fault. These civil cases can sometime unearth stuff that LE might not get into.
Settling is not out of the realm of possibility. Most parties aren’t too keen on going through the grueling procedures of the legal system, especially considering how expensive some of these suits can get.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back