TX TX - Cheryl Bowman, 89UFTX, murdered, Harris County, Nov 1989

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I searched 'find a grave' for C. Bowman. Still nothing.

What was the Texas policy in those days according to UID bodies. You would suspect they were buried or did they tend to cremate them? It seems that this woman is totally forgotten. Who is she, and what did they do with her remains? There must be a certificate of dead somewhere, that went into "the system".

What dead date would they use. The day she was found? Only a month and year, no date in particular. We don't know her date of death (PMI), but like you @SolVic I think it was days earlier, before being found.

I searched 'find a grave' for C. Bowman. Still nothing. What was the Texas policy in those days according to UID bodies. You would suspect they were buried or did they tend to cremate them? It seems that this woman is totally forgotten. Who is she, and what did they do with her remains? There must be a certificate of dead somewhere, that went into "the system".

We don't know a PMI. What would they write on a grave stone. Cheryl Bowman, formally know as Jane Doe 1989 f.i. ? Like you @SolVic I think she died day's/just before she was found. Would they only mention a month and the year? I'm afraid they buried her in a paupers grave without marker and lost the location so she couldn't be properly buried after she was identified or maybe her family didn't claim her, because she was estranged? BTW she isn't in Namus as an unclaimed body.

Are we sure Cheryl Bowman was actually her name?

Last edited:
I’ve received an email from the Harris County Sheriff’s Office. They said to call them if I wanted to discuss more about the case. This seems to imply they’re aware of Cheryl Bowman and haven’t totally forgotten about her. I’ll call them when I get the time.

Very glad to see this thread! Recently, I started trying to find more information on Cheryl Bowman, but was coming up empty-handed. Hopefully @SolVic is able to get in contact with the Harris County Sheriff's Office and get more information on the case. :)

I haven’t received a call back yet. I’ll try again next month.

On a side note, it appears there are a few conspiracy theorists who believe Cheryl wasn’t murdered and that her face hadn’t been reduced to jelly. They’ve been sending me private messages and harassing me about it.

I feel so bad for Cheryl even more now.

On a side note, it appears there are a few conspiracy theorists who believe Cheryl wasn’t murdered and that her face hadn’t been reduced to jelly. They’ve been sending me private messages and harassing me about it.

Why would anybody think that she wasn't murdered? I think it's weird especially when people are harassing you.

This may be a nitpicky thing, but I wonder why she’s referred to as a drifter. That term brings to my mind a person who is homeless, unemployed, and doesn’t have a 2 cents to her name. Ms. Bowman was found wearing several pieces of gold jewelry (real, not costume jewelry as far as I have read), excellent teeth, polished fingernails, and wearing a blouse. Was she living off funds she inherited or supported by someone else? Could it have been a domestic violence situation? Just wondering.

Um, what??

This may be a nitpicky thing, but I wonder why she’s referred to as a drifter. That term brings to my mind a person who is homeless, unemployed, and doesn’t have a 2 cents to her name. Ms. Bowman was found wearing several pieces of gold jewelry (real, not costume jewelry as far as I have read), excellent teeth, polished fingernails, and wearing a blouse. Was she living off funds she inherited or supported by someone else? Could it have been a domestic violence situation? Just wondering.

As I see it: a drifter moves from place to place, having (odd) jobs along the way, staying with friend, family...from time to time...who might be homeless but not persé, could live in a motel f.i. but maybe has some kind of "home" maybe only a registered official home/post address but not actually living there. A homeless person doesn't have a roof over his/her head and lives on the streets..is probably most of the times unregistered...if lucky has a post address at the salvation army or a shelter ...but there are also people living on skid row who have a regular job. Maybe it's just semantics, but I think it could make a little difference. It's a very thin line...

I edited this post a lot of times...sorry...

Last edited:
As I see it: a drifter moves from place to place, having (odd) jobs along the way, staying with friend, family...from time to time...who might be homeless but not persé, could live in a motel f.i. but maybe has some kind of "home" maybe only a registered official home/post address but not actually living there. A homeless person doesn't have a roof over his/her head and lives on the streets..is probably most of the times unregistered...if lucky has a post address at the salvation army or a shelter ...but there are also people living on skid row who have a regular job. Maybe it's just semantics, but I think it could make a little difference. It's a very thin line...

I edited this post a lot of times...sorry...

I think this is some great thinking, and I have a similar train of thought. You articulated it pretty well. It can be a pretty thin line.

I do wonder if her jewelry was actually gold-plated, or if it was real, if she was planning on pawning it around the time she was murdered.

I found Doe Network on Wayback Machine where it has a closeup of her blouse and necklace. I hope this is helpful.
89uftxNeck.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back