Found Deceased TX - Chrissy Powell, 39, San Antonio, Paralegal, didn’t arrive @work, BOLO, 5 July 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sadly, it's not so unusual-- especially with suicide. Randy Porter was reported missing and was 45 mins from home at an airport parking lot where he was not discovered for 8 MONTHS!

A missing Kansas man’s body sat decomposing in his work vehicle for eight months in an airport parking lot 45 minutes from his home, causing his family to ask why no one found it sooner, PEOPLE confirms.

Randy Potter had been dead by suicide the entire time his family and police were searching for him, reports KMBC.

Becky hostetler-hendrix was also recently found in her car in a hospital car park, right next to the building after being there for iirc 4 months. And just how many cases have we had here of folks found in their cars? LOADS!! Though It always seems to be walmart parking?!

Pretty worrying when there's staff employed to be observant huh.

According to the map posted in a DM article, Chrissy's workplace was not close to where she was found.

60691651-11047653-image-a-26_1658804681623.jpg

Directing anger to the security guard isn’t going to bring the decedent back. I’m sure they feel terrible for not finding her sooner.

Amateur opinion and speculation
I agree and I can't recall ever driving by one of the shopping centers in that area of I-10 and seeing them completely empty. There are always a few cars regardless of the time of day. Huebner Oaks has many different businesses. They don't all have the same hours. Gap, Ross, Ann Taylor, etc would have regular retail hours (something like 10am-9pm) but the restarants, bar/grill would have later hours. Starbucks for example would have pretty early hours. So cars are coming and going all the time.

Last edited:
"He looked inside the vehicle and observed a body in the front passenger side seat and called 911" for an injured/sick person around 6.45pm on Saturday (July 23).

According to the SAPD Calls for Service dashboard, there was a call from the Old Navy store (part of the Huebner Oaks Center) reporting an injured/sick person around that time. There were no other similar calls from the area.

Dashboard here:

The security guard may have had no responsibility for the parking lot at all. We don't know if security was there for a specific store, perhaps Old Navy, or as an employee for the shopping center. And we don't know the work schedule. If they were only there when the store was open, how would they know a car had spent the night(s) there? If they remain in their employer's store, they would have no idea what was going on in the parking lot.

There is sooo much to ponder here! <modsnip - no link to statement made as fact>
I also believe that she did not want to be tracked and imo was maybe going to have a powwow or what have you and didn't want distractions from mom and work and since she had "disappeared" before, only briefly but still if you have that propensity, it's there with ya, like it or not. Of course I can only speculate like everyone else but there has been a trend of exes harming or disappearing the one who doesn't want the same thing as they do. I keep thinking of the Realtor who went missing at the beginning of the Hurricane and her ex husband killed her, ditched her mercedes and tried to make it look like the boyfriend did it! I have questions like who keeps the small child while the dad is working or does he work, was she lured to go see the baby and well.....I'm sorry but it's hot and humid as hell in San Antonio long before July even hits....I imagine with the windows being up, they will be able to tell pretty easily if she died of a heat stroke by her brain...if she appeared to have no visible trauma, we know something happened so hopefully the internal will tell the tale. I know people get in a hurry if running late but how many people really leave home w/o their phones? Most people cannot function w/o them> I also noticed a little bank right there where her vehicle was located, and I guarantee that lil bldg has panoramic view...so when did the vehicle actually get there, what kind of weeds or mud/dirt/sand may be on it....I just hope they can give her Mother some answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
"He looked inside the vehicle and observed a body in the front passenger side seat and called 911" for an injured/sick person around 6.45pm on Saturday (July 23).

According to the SAPD Calls for Service dashboard, there was a call from the Old Navy store (part of the Huebner Oaks Center) reporting an injured/sick person around that time. There were no other similar calls from the area.

Dashboard here:
Front passenger seat, that’s interesting!

There is sooo much to ponder here! I'm just going to start with July 5th that morning. I thought for some reason that her employer called her since it was after 10 a.m. and that she made some offhanded comment about it being 4th of July W/E. Maybe she called them and said this but I know I read that. I also believe that she did not want to be tracked and imo was maybe going to have a powwow or what have you and didn't want distractions from mom and work and since she had "disappeared" before, only briefly but still if you have that propensity, it's there with ya, like it or not. Of course I can only speculate like everyone else but there has been a trend of exes harming or disappearing the one who doesn't want the same thing as they do. I keep thinking of the Realtor who went missing at the beginning of the Hurricane and her ex husband killed her, ditched her mercedes and tried to make it look like the boyfriend did it! I have questions like who keeps the small child while the dad is working or does he work, was she lured to go see the baby and well.....I'm sorry but it's hot and humid as hell in San Antonio long before July even hits....I imagine with the windows being up, they will be able to tell pretty easily if she died of a heat stroke by her brain...if she appeared to have no visible trauma, we know something happened so hopefully the internal will tell the tale. I know people get in a hurry if running late but how many people really leave home w/o their phones? Most people cannot function w/o them> I also noticed a little bank right there where her vehicle was located, and I guarantee that lil bldg has panoramic view...so when did the vehicle actually get there, what kind of weeds or mud/dirt/sand may be on it....I just hope they can give her Mother some answers.
Her ex who had custody (legal or by agreement) works remotely from home, according to MSM reporting.

Also, I have left my cell phone at home several times over the years while running late in the morning and rushing to get to work. Several times I went home at lunch time to get it, otherwise I just used a landline at my office for that day, and let my family know how they could reach me that day.

If Chrissy thought her hopes of gaining custody of her youngest child were dashed over the 4th of July (a good day followed by an argument over texts) and that even a new job wasn't enough AND oversleeping, Chrissy may have felt powerless. She may have been surprised TO awaken, and powerless more, for being unsuccessful and late. If mental health was her battle, she may have been overwhelmed with perceived failure that morning. Didn't want to ket her mom down, didn't want to let her boys down, didn't want to let her new boss down, so she drove to a nearby, semi-secluded place, moved into her passenger seat for comfort, and took whatever she had and laid back, to let sleep come. OD plus heat, died on Day 1 where she was found. (All jmo)

Everybody who was looking was looking between work and home. I suspect that Chrissy chose a spot that was decidedly neither.

The tragedy of the disease. She did have much to live for, she was loved, she had an impressed employer and staff that cared....

But as we've seen so many times, that's not how it works. The mind gets cancered....and the clear paths get fuzzied until only one path remains...

JMO, based not on fact but speculation

May Chrissy's story somehow save the next one.

JMO

According to the map posted in a DM article, Chrissy's workplace was not close to where she was found.

60691651-11047653-image-a-26_1658804681623.jpg
I think you could classify that as close. Its 6 miles, or about a 10 min drive to her job and its right at the end of the street where she worked. Its about 4 miles from her house. Its on what would be a reasonable route for her to take to work if she was getting on the expressway or if she wanted to take Vance Jackson and avoid the expressway.

I hope LE does some due dilligence on this one before they dismiss it as suicide because it looks like she was exactly where you would expect her to be if she were heading to work.

View attachment 354073
The family of a Texas mom is stunned after the 39-year-old “vanished” last week while rushing to get to her job as a paralegal in San Antonio.

Chrissy Powell was last heard from when she called into work the morning of July 5 to let them know she was running late, reports KENS 5. Soon after, a doorbell cam captured Powell leaving her house in a hurry around 10:30 a.m. She strangely left her phone at home.

San Antonio, TX— #ChrissyPowell This is the last sighting of Chrissy a week ago. She was running late for work, she never made it to the law office she works for. She drives a 2020 Black Nissan Rogue (license plate: PYJ 8564)

Watch on Twitter
Right now, SAPD Missing Persons Unit is handling the case. There is even a 'BOLO' or Be on the Look-out for the car, which is a Black Nissan Rogue. The family, including family friend Lauren Leal is worried sick since it has been nearly a full week. Leal said Powell is like a sister to her because they have known each other all their lives.

"The unknown is the scariest part," she said. "It is fear in my mind right now." It is hard to wrap our minds around where she might be, what could have happened."
Last Tuesday, the paralegal called her work to say she was running late, but she never made it in. In the video, from her home, you see Powell walking out the front door on Redhill Place after 10:30 in the morning. The mother left her phone behind, because the family believes she was rushing to get to work. However, this would be the last time the family saw or heard from her.

"My fear is not ever knowing anything," Leal said. "I mean I think that would be the worst is spending the rest of my life looking for her. I will never give up."

San Antonio Police made a flyer stating the mother is a missing endangered adult. Police said Powell has a medical condition that requires a doctor's care. The family told KENS 5 the 39-year-old doesn't have her medicine. Leal said this is not in her friend's character to just vanish calling the disappearance bizarre. Police and the family have even checked the jail and hospitals.
View attachment 354072

It's been reported that CP was found in the passenger seat. Her missing person flyer states she was 5' 2". I'm wondering what position the driver seat was in.

I wondered about that too. She could have pulled into the parking lot to look for her phone, sat in the passenger's seat and started going through her bag, passed out and died from heat stroke. If she passed out in a hot car it wouldn't take long for the heat to impact her. She was wearing all black too, the car was black and interior could have also been black. I'm not sure how much faith we should have in the security guard's timeline. JMO
I would think that the a/c would be on and the car running if that were the case, imo.

I would think that the a/c would be on and the car running if that were the case, imo.
If the car were left running, and she fell into unconsciousness, would it eventually run out of gas?

Although based on latest reports I do not believe this scenario happened - I might have thought she had run out of gas / battery died, she pulled over and went to glove box to search for AAA card. But that would not explain being parked in a remote location of a parking lot or backing in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny
Back