TX - Christian Wilson, 7 mos, left in car overnight, found dead, 25 March 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Apparently some family members think it's hinky too

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...imeStampAscending&ocp=3#slcgm_comments_anchor

[Ouote] excuse me... but let me set the record straight shes not a bad mother shes a great mother... how do i kno because shes family... yea everyone in the family says something is fishy n wrong.. were all trying to get to the bottom of this... the baby daddy is the prime suspect cuz this is unlike her character... ill keep yall posted but.. for right now could yall stop with the negativity........[end quote]

Momtective, a thought just occurred to me. I've lived in TX now for almost 9 years, and in prior cases of children dying from being left in a car I don't recall that the parents were arrested so soon. In fact, not many are arrested. What do you remember?

I agree...not sure about the Dallas area the last couple of nights but around here we were getting torrential rain. The weather has been rather mild so death due to extreme heat or cold isn't reasonable. My only other thought would be he screamed so hard he threw up and choked. But then I think, "why the he!! didn't someone hear this baby screaming!"

Apparently some family members think it's hinky too

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...imeStampAscending&ocp=3#slcgm_comments_anchor

[Ouote] excuse me... but let me set the record straight shes not a bad mother shes a great mother... how do i kno because shes family... yea everyone in the family says something is fishy n wrong.. were all trying to get to the bottom of this... the baby daddy is the prime suspect cuz this is unlike her character... ill keep yall posted but.. for right now could yall stop with the negativity........[end quote]

Well, well, well.......................this puts a rather different slant on the story, doesn't it?

It's not uncommon for an abused person to {take the blame} for something their abuser did, so he doesn't get in trouble. IF there was abuse in this family, it would only taking the abuser to convince the abused their story would be more believeable, ie., "I forgot." Since she MAY have NOT been the one responsible for this child's death, she would do it, taking responsibility, THINKING there's no way they'll do anything to her.

I'll be watching how this unfolds.

Prayers for this innocent little child and may he RIP.
:(
fran

In the local news article where readers could comment several were saying don't be so quick to judge, we don't know what she was going through, blah blah. OK, so she has a bad situation, a bad life, a bad hair day, I DON'T CARE, your child should always come first and if you are in a position in your life where you can't do that then you need to surrend the child to someone who is capable of taking care of it.

I live in Texas too and I don't think I have heard of a parent being arrested in a "accidental" death so soon either.

Okay, I apologize in advance for bringing up race, BUT, why is she in jail, but not Stacey Barker?

LaHeather didn't dump her son's body in a field, just sayin'........

RE: "stop the negativity"

Now, the woman herself said she forgot the baby until the next morning. So even those who believe that most innocuous of explanations (over intentional murder) are pushing semantics to says she's "not a bad mother." Forgetting your baby overnight would seem to, at least partially, define "bad mother."

Okay, I apologize in advance for bringing up race, BUT, why is she in jail, but not Stacey Barker?

LaHeather didn't dump her son's body in a field, just sayin'........

I was thinking that exact same thing.

I was thinking that exact same thing.

Young, pretty white girl with one child.

Older, black woman, with 3 children.

This makes me even madder about Stacey being at home with her family.

Yeah, I thought you could be arrested for not reporting a death. Not reporting a death and dumping a body, I thought that surely would get you arrested. Who does Stacey know that is causing her to get preferential treatment?

I'm not following the Stacey story. Guess I'll have to take a look.

As for the relative in this story saying it was the baby daddy - I find that interesting. Did baby daddy lock this mom in the house and refuse to let her out to tend to the child? That's the only way I can see he would be responsible, unless he killed the child, then put him in the car and mom couldn't call police until he left the house?

It does not make sense the child died in the car in 50 degree weather. Not after one night - maybe after 3 days and nights?

The autopsy should be very revealing.

Salem

I'm sure the reason this woman is in jail is because the time period this baby was in the car was a time of day when the mother would have been taking care of the child...feeding, changing, putting to bed etc. Unless someone else in the home was supposed to be caring for the baby, this mother should have realized right away that her baby was missing.

I don't know about the other case you compared this to, but the ones I remember involved parents who forgot to drop the child at daycare. In those cases, the parent went about their day as usual, assuming that the baby was being taken care of while they worked. They had no reason to suspect anything was wrong until they left work to go get the child and realized their horrible mistake.

In my opinion, there is a big difference between assuming your child is being cared for by someone else whils you are at work versus knowing you should be feeding, changing etc. during an entire evening and night yet you fail to look for the baby until the next day.

Now, if the child was not forgotten at all and the mother is covering for a crime committed by someone else, shame on her. Women who would lie for someone who abuses their child make me sick. If that is what happened here, she needs to tell all she knows so they can arrest the right person and she can protect her other children from the abuser!

Susan

Oh Good Lord! No one forgets a 7 month old baby in a car overnight.

It hasn't been cold/hot enough here for a baby to succumb to exposure (Dallas is about two hours up the road from here).

Something stinks about this story. I'll be looking for the autopsy report on this child.

That's right, it certainly has been exceptionally mild weather. No child would have died from exposure to extreme temperatures.

Edited to say- it did drop into the 40's last night in Dallas. Hypothermia could possibly be the COD, but I am thinking there is another COD and this is the cover story.

How about we see what comes out of this before we compare one case to another and say it's racial discrimination?
For all we know, this woman may have acted in a way that led authorities to believe other people were also in danger.
( Including the other children).

She has that wild look in her eyes to me. Maybe drugs, maybe psychosis. Maybe this will be Tx's first case to use the PPD defense if she is charged with the child's death.

Lots of variables we cannot know about at this time.

Could the baby have suffocated because the oxygen in the car was used up?

I'm no expert, but I don't think so. Lots of people sleep in their closed up cars when they go camping or are living on the streets and they don't die.

I would think a small baby would also use less air than an adult, because thier lungs are smaller.

Salem

1. This sounds suspiciously "canned," like it was written by someone trying to duplicate Black English speech patterns-as-internet chatter, and thus we should not presume it's from a "family member." It's a little too "perfect."

2. A 7-month-old baby could conceivably die from hypothermia if left in a car overnight in chilly weather.

1. This sounds suspiciously "canned," like it was written by someone trying to duplicate Black English speech patterns-as-internet chatter, and thus we should not presume it's from a "family member." It's a little too "perfect."

2. A 7-month-old baby could conceivably die from hypothermia if left in a car overnight in chilly weather.

Can't/ won't speculate on your #1 but #2 is plausible, and I amended my post to reflect this. Last night was COLD here in the Dallas area but Tuesday night was in the 50's with little to no wind. There had been storms all through the DFW area of Texas all day long but the skies cleared late in the afternoon/ early evening and the wind wasn't even noticeable, at least not at our house.

IF we take into consideration the fact that the baby would be likely to have at least a wet diaper if not also urine soaked clothing, this adds to a lowered body temperature, as does lack of food in an infant.
We also do not know the amount of clothing worn, whether car had all windows up and doors closed, or the amount of body fat on the baby which would provide some natural insulation.

I don't know the age of the other children, but maybe one of them said something to LE about where the baby was or was not during the night that caused the mom to be under arrest. I am still skeptical that this was an accident or even that the baby was in the car all night long.

It doesn't get dark until after 8 PM. I wonder if anyone saw the baby in the car? For hypothermia to occur, I would expect that the car would have to be parked out in the open, not in a protected covered space like a carport or garage. Wonder what neighbors saw?

I'm pretty sure about my #1. The key usages that make me think so are "baby daddy" and "yall." Black people would not write that way when writing for a mixed racial audience, I don't believe.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyuglybefore
Back