TX - Christian Wilson, 7 mos, left in car overnight, found dead, 25 March 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So did the meds make her pass out for the night and not take care of her children? I am very interested in autopsy results.

That's what I was wondering. That's the only thing that would make sense to me on why she didn't notice her 7 month old son was not in her house.

I'm still not buying it. Wouldn't you ask for help if your meds made you incapable of taking care of the kids? Or wouldn't you get your stuff done and kids to bed BEFORE taking medication that would knock you out?

Salem

That's what I was wondering. That's the only thing that would make sense to me on why she didn't notice her 7 month old son was not in her house.

So are we supposed to assume that she was in complete control of her mental facilities and somehow, on the night she took a pain pill, she happened to already have forgetten one of three small children in a small space like a car??:confused:

I am not meaning to cast aspersions on this mother, but a person who is a hard drug user will often give a medical reason for having taken " something" that altered their level of consciousness. Drug testing shows substance and quantity, so if she lied, they will know. If she didn't, I think she will probably still face some negligence charges.

Altered thinking/ reasoning CAN also happen to people taking a new prescription medication for pain, of course. However, it is reasonable to think that a mother would consider all 3 children first, and either put them safely to bed or call in support that would keep the kids safe for the night ( relative, friend) before taking a new pain medication with unknown effects. Also, quite a lot depends upon the autopsy results of the baby, and stated time and COD.

While trying to give her the benefit of some doubt here, the part that makes the least sense if she's using " medication" as a reason for " forgetting" is that the 7 month old had to be the youngest of the 3 children, and the one which required her total care and assistance.

I agree.

Nope, I'm not buying it! I believe it's possible to forget, but, NO WAY overnight!

Here we go again :sick:

I'm not buying it either. During dinner she would have realized that the baby wasn't there to feed...at bedtime she would have realized that he wasn't there to get ready for bed,.etc. Doesn't make any sense to me. I can see getting into the house after she got home and realizing that the baby was still out in the car but not all night long. Poor little guy to die like that.

[Ouote] excuse me... but let me set the record straight shes not a bad mother shes a great mother... how do i kno because shes family... yea everyone in the family says something is fishy n wrong.. were all trying to get to the bottom of this... the baby daddy is the prime suspect cuz this is unlike her character... ill keep yall posted but.. for right now could yall stop with the negativity........[end quote]

1. This sounds suspiciously "canned," like it was written by someone trying to duplicate Black English speech patterns-as-internet chatter, and thus we should not presume it's from a "family member." It's a little too "perfect."

2. A 7-month-old baby could conceivably die from hypothermia if left in a car overnight in chilly weather.

Isn't there a message nearly like this one on Stacey's thread...supposed to be a relative too. Makes a person wonder..lol

Just found this:

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/032709dnmetchmom.3c609c7.html

A Cedar Hill woman told police she took prescription pain killers and drank chardonnay before she picked up her 7-month-old son from day care, left him in the car outside her home and then "blacked out" on her couch Tuesday night.

When Laheather Sacha Wilson, who has a history of alcohol-related violations, woke up and found her son unresponsive in her car Wednesday morning, she did not call 911. Instead, she called four other numbers over roughly 15 minutes before she frantically asked a Dallas police officer who lives next door for help.

[Ouote] excuse me... but let me set the record straight shes not a bad mother shes a great mother... how do i kno because shes family... yea everyone in the family says something is fishy n wrong.. were all trying to get to the bottom of this... the baby daddy is the prime suspect cuz this is unlike her character... ill keep yall posted but.. for right now could yall stop with the negativity........[end quote]

1. This sounds suspiciously "canned," like it was written by someone trying to duplicate Black English speech patterns-as-internet chatter, and thus we should not presume it's from a "family member." It's a little too "perfect."

2. A 7-month-old baby could conceivably die from hypothermia if left in a car overnight in chilly weather.

Nope. A "great" mother would not leave her infant outside all night long.

Not quite sure how the "baby daddy" would be implicated in this unless he was actually there. Was he?

Just found this:

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/032709dnmetchmom.3c609c7.html

A Cedar Hill woman told police she took prescription pain killers and drank chardonnay before she picked up her 7-month-old son from day care, left him in the car outside her home and then "blacked out" on her couch Tuesday night.

When Laheather Sacha Wilson, who has a history of alcohol-related violations, woke up and found her son unresponsive in her car Wednesday morning, she did not call 911. Instead, she called four other numbers over roughly 15 minutes before she frantically asked a Dallas police officer who lives next door for help.

BEFORE she picked him up from daycare, WTH!

The article above is the MOST informative one I've found yet.

more snipped from article:

According to police documents, Wilson told police that she was prescribed the pain medication hydrocodone on Sunday for complications with her knee. She took one pill Tuesday morning before work and two more at about 4 p.m. before leaving work, she told police.

"[Wilson] said on her way home from work, she stopped at a gas station in the City of Duncanville and purchased an unknown amount of Sutter Home Chardonnay," the documents stated.

Wilson drank some of the chardonnay when she got home about 5:30 p.m., took one more pill and then left to pick up Christian and his two brothers, ages 3 and 6, from day care, according to the documents.

She told police that when she got home, she took Christian's diaper bag and went inside the house with her two other children. Christian was left strapped in his car seat inside the white Plymouth parked along the 1200 block of Brewer Drive, near East Belt Line Road.

Has anyone here had any experience with hydrocone??

So you have to ask - where were the other 2 children while she was drinking and drugging? Had she already picked them up? Were they with the little one and she picked all 3 up together? That is what it originally sounded like.

The woman had to have fed the other 2 children right? So wouldn't she notice, regardless of whether she was high or not, that the baby was missing? Or did she not feed the other 2 and just let them do whatever until they passed out from exhaustion, because she was too busy being high?

I can't get past the fact that the other 2 children were there. I keep thinking, if you looked at them, it would REMIND you that the baby was missing????? If she fed the other two - HELLO, the baby needs dinner. OMG, where is the baby?

No excuses here as far as I am concerned. If someone was watching the other 2 kids for the evening, then maaaaaaybe she could space out the baby, but even still, I wouldn't cut her any slack.

Salem

Okay Lovejac - you got that 2nd post in before I finished responding to the first one LOL.

Salem

Salem,

I fear that the other 2 little boys were probably fending for themselves.

Sadly, I don't think it was the first time.

Okay Lovejac - you got that 2nd post in before I finished responding to the first one LOL.

Salem

LOL! I was just so excited to finally find an article that had so much info!

This baby, at 7 months old, was probably born sometime around Sept/Nov 2008. Which means mom was pg in Jan/Feb 2008. The woman was busted for alcohol related offenses in 2008 - which means she quite possibly was drinking while pg. Sad. I think you are probably right that this is not the first time the 2 older children had to fend for themselves. Poor babies.

She drank and took pills before picking them up and then apparently when she came home, she drank more and passed out. I'm not sure I believe the story though. The baby was not found in the car, but on the couch in the house. She is the one saying he died in the car. Might not be true at all. Could be shaken baby or some other horrible thing :(

Salem

:eek: I hadn't thought of that! You are right, no one actually SAW him in the car.

ETA: I wonder if LE has gotten any info from the other 2 brothers?

The article above is the MOST informative one I've found yet.

more snipped from article:

Has anyone here had any experience with hydrocone??

Hydrocodone is one of the most popular abused prescription meds. Taken with alcohol, it can kill. It is chemically related to Oxycodone ( Oxycontin).
Hydrocodone was one of the first oral synthetic narcotics, and has a potency equivalent to the natural opiods ( Morphine, Codiene). Doctors used to have huge bottles of it in their offices in the 80's and would not only give out lots of samples, there were a ton of prescriptions written for it for several years. It was considered to be extremely safe and reliable for pain releif. Then people started shopping Rxs and docs started to realize the extremely high addiction potential. Doctors didn't know it would be so addictive because Hydrocodone was marketed by the drug companies as a SAFER alternative to any opiod pain medicaton previously available.

It's very hard to detox people off Hydrocodone safely. It takes a long time to safely get them off the drug because there is no safer substitute. Usually, the person is given a smaller dose of the hydrocodone on a sliding scale, but there is a high incidence of seizures, uncontolled hypertension even heart attacks in the acute detox period. It's nasty.
When I talk about safer substitutes for the drug of choice ( abuse), I mean that for an alcoholic in detox, a prescription sedative like Valium or Ativan is usually given on a decreasing dosage schedule for approximately the first 4 days to prevent acute physical withdrawal ( DTs).
A person coming off Heroin is given Methadone in decreasing doses, same reason for all drugs- to prevent seizures, hypertensive crises, cardiac disturbances.
A person coming off a Benzodiazapine ( Xanax, Klonopin, etc) will usually receive decreasing doses of the drug until it can be safely stopped all together. The rate of decreasing this class of drug varies widely.

The most recognized brand name for Hydrocodone ( with Acetomenophen) is Vicodin.
Tylenol #3 and Tylenol #4 are also Hydrocodone meds. There are many other brand names, but Vicodin is probably the best known.

As far as people saying we shouldn't compare this to the Stacy Barker case and that it isn't racial. Well, Stacey Barker concocted a story to explain the disappearance of her baby. Then we find out that she knows exactly where the baby is because she dumped her there after she was dead. She says the baby died from an accident. I still think you should be arrested for the false story and for disposing of a human being like trash, especially an 18 month old baby.

This mother also concocted a story. She showed negligence in drinking and drugging before picking up her children from daycare. She is responsible for her baby's death too (who knows maybe it was an accident too). Possibly the only reason that Stacey Barker hasn't been arrested is because they don't know the cause of death. Maybe they do in this child's murder (yep, I said murder).

So there are similarities.

I don't think this little guy died in the car either. Something happened after the mom and kids got home. I don't know if maybe she did something to the child or maybe there was an accident (falling off the sofa/bed).

Either way, I'm disgusted by both cases.

I wonder who takes care of her children and if they were used to her showing up drunk

I read the article. I still think there's more to the story, that might be coming out. She went next door to borrow a phone, was there roughly 15 minutes trying to make calls and leaves....

Comes back and says my child isn't breathing? They found Christian in the home on the sofa undressed? I wouldn't say she intentionally harmed this child but something isn't being told yet. JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyuglybefore
Back