TX - Christian Wilson, 7 mos, left in car overnight, found dead, 25 March 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The article above is the MOST informative one I've found yet.

more snipped from article:

Has anyone here had any experience with hydrocone??

Oh yeah...one renders me senseless, completely unable to function and knocks me out in about 20 minutes. Hours later when I can finally wake up I puke...I hate those things but have to take one occasionally for my back. I can't even imagine taking 3 in such a sort period of time and with wine...no way! This woman was completely irresponsible on so many levels.

I really hate to even broach this because it is totally OT imo.
There are differences between this case and Stacey's. First one would be location...
IMO, Texas is a little more swift in it's pursuit of Justice. That is not a race issue, it's a regional issue.
This woman was probably still hopped up on goofballs when she called police. Look at her picture...maybe TX LE was concerned for her safety, and the safety of everyone else (ahem, the other kids in the home). Once again, not a race issue but a safety issue.
And again, there were 2 other children present when the baby died. They probably saw more than she cares to admit. If she's willing to kill a 7 mo. old for no apparent reason, why would she refrain from hurting potential witnesses?
I think it's a bit ridiculous to start crying racist just because a black woman was arrested sooner than a white woman.

I think someone should question the 6 yr old. My baby is only 6 months old so I don't really know but wouldn't a 3 yr old have to still be in a carseat or booster seat? She would have had to have gotten him out what did she not notice the other carseat back there. She carried in the diaper bag. When I have someone else with me whether it is my 9 yr old neice or an adult I give the diaper bag to them to carry while I get the baby. I never take it in then get the baby. If I am by myself I put the bag over my shoulders and take the baby out of her seat. Shoot even when putting the baby in the car and noticing I forgot something I still take her back with me. I never ever leave my child in the car. If i had to take RX meds for some reason I make sure a responsible adult is with me who can watch the baby in case I do get tired or fall asleep and I wouldn't take them with alcohol. This woman is so irresponsible I wonder what kind of guilt she feels now. Who knows the baby was found on the couch, who is to say she didn't pass out on the couch with baby and crush him? Or she sropped a pill on the floor and he was crawling and swallowed it. Everything goes for my babys mouth. I really hope she pays for this. I think I would deal with a knee engery whether then jeopardizing the safety of my child.

Also, where was the father? Did he not see a child was missing?

There was probably no father (in the home).

I'm usually the last one to say something is racist, but I couldnt' really see any other reason. Maybe you're right, it was because it was TX and because there were other children involved.

Who knows? We don't have that much information on the Stacey Barker case.

Thank you to everyone who explained about the hydrocone, I've never taken it.

I am amazed by the amount that she took in a short period of time and then to mix it with alcohol, very negligent.

I imagine that the father is not in the home since they took the children into protective custody. I think the 6 yo can probably provide a wealth of information.

ETA: I'm also interested to know how long she had been on hydrocone, if she knew how it would affect her.

I doubt the baby was left in the car. I wouldn't be surprised to find out she smothered the baby - after she passed out -probably rolled over onto him. IDIOT! Great Mom - let's take pain pills and drink wine and THEN go get the babies!

As far as people saying we shouldn't compare this to the Stacy Barker case and that it isn't racial. Well, Stacey Barker concocted a story to explain the disappearance of her baby. Then we find out that she knows exactly where the baby is because she dumped her there after she was dead. She says the baby died from an accident. I still think you should be arrested for the false story and for disposing of a human being like trash, especially an 18 month old baby.

This mother also concocted a story. She showed negligence in drinking and drugging before picking up her children from daycare. She is responsible for her baby's death too (who knows maybe it was an accident too). Possibly the only reason that Stacey Barker hasn't been arrested is because they don't know the cause of death. Maybe they do in this child's murder (yep, I said murder).

So there are similarities.

I don't think this little guy died in the car either. Something happened after the mom and kids got home. I don't know if maybe she did something to the child or maybe there was an accident (falling off the sofa/bed).

Either way, I'm disgusted by both cases.

As I am, just plain disgusted.
The only thing that would be worse if they had NOT locked her up.

I do not see racial overtones in this case....

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/Mom_Didnt_Call_911_Cops_Say

A woman whose infant died after being left overnight in a car made four telephone calls, none of them to 911, after she discovered her son's lifeless body, according to a police affidavit. A neighbor finally called the emergency number...

...Records show she made four phone calls to her own phone and her husband's, according to the affidavit. Then she returned next door and asked the neighbor to call 911.

PDF of Arrest Affidavit:

http://media2.myfoxdfw.com/PDF/laheatherwilson.pdf

The fact that she tried four phone numbers over 15 minutes, then got the neighbor, rather can calling police is very telling, IMO. I have a feeling she didn't leave the baby in the car at all. Maybe she passed out while holding him, rolled on him and he suffocated? Maybe she dropped him while she was impaired? So many different scenarios.

I agree.

This is not a typical case. Who feeds the baby? Puts the baby to bed? Does nightwakings? How do you not see baby gear and think where is the baby? An hour or two maybe--but allll night?

Here is a really good article: (WARNING: This is sensitive material.)
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...2/27/AR2009022701549.html?sid=ST2009030602446

Ahh I see there is more to the story. How sad.

WOW, just wow.

Thank you so much for that article. It gave me a much needed check on my attitude.

After reading the arrest statements, I do not buy this woman's statement of the hydrocodone, wine, and blacking out. I hope the autopsy shows COD with this child and thank goodness the other 2 children have been removed into protective care.

There will be more to this very sad death. Bless this little angel. :(

What stands out to me in the arrest affidavit is that the baby had died very recently. There are no comments about color of the skin, no comment that the paramedics arrived and found a clearly deceased child. It says they and the neighbor tried to revive him.

She knows exactly what happened. If she was popping vicodin and drinking the night before and the baby woke her up bright and early for breakfast she may have been either very grumpy or groggy. I think she either rolled over on him in a drunken slumber and suffocated him, or shook him in frustration.

A short news video clip was on today in the late afternoon, think it was on HLN in the late afternoon. The mom was shown walking with a few people outside the home, she was wearing a blanket around her shoulders and had a large amount of white tape over her leg. I mean a lot of tape for a knee injury. It went quite far up and down her leg. She was walking with a limp. I'm surprised she could even drive with that much bandage on her leg, not just her knee. Did anyone else see this? Sorry I don't remember which show it was on. It could have been around 6pm or 7pm EST.

Only mentioning this because we know she drove to pick up the children and had told LE she had taken pain killers. Thinking how someone could drive with that taped-up leg and limp she had on the video? Then she stops to get gas and wine. Her child dies some time later I guess. This is so very sad.

ETA: From what I remember of the short video, it appeared it was her right leg taped up. That would be what we use to accelerate and brake! Sorry for no links to the show, I was heading out to dinner.

That's odd, bogeygal. I wonder what the date of that clip was? She's still in jail I thought.

Maybe it was taken on the day she Christian died.

That's odd, bogeygal. I wonder what the date of that clip was? She's still in jail I thought.

Maybe it was taken on the day she Christian died.

I think you are right, Lovejac. She was taken to jail sometime after this video. Not sure if it was the JVM show or the MG show, but they had a panel of experts on the side of the screen, footage of the mom with the big blanket and wrapped up leg limping slowly along with a few people next to her. The only thing I can assume is that a news crew either got to the scene that morning, or maybe it was a bystander filming. Wish I could have could have seen the first part (only saw the middle of the video).

ETA: Think now it may have been NG show. My timing was off, hubby came home around that time.

I think you are right, Lovejac. She was taken to jail sometime after this video. Not sure if it was the JVM show or the MG show, but they had a panel of experts on the side of the screen, footage of the mom with the big blanket and wrapped up leg limping slowly along with a few people next to her. The only thing I can assume is that a news crew either got to the scene that morning, or maybe it was a bystander filming. Wish I could have could have seen the first part (only saw the middle of the video).

ETA: Think now it may have been NG show. My timing was off, hubby came home around that time.

I'm sorry I missed it too. Hopefully it will be up on YouTube later, I would really like to see it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyuglybefore
Back