GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@vlwigg Interesting. I remember reading that he said no b/c he had meeting at Sprint 9/5 - maybe that's in next interview?

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 5m5 minutes ago
.@XXXX Not sure when that comes up. There are several other interviews still #arochitrial

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 46m46 minutes ago
Interview: Detective asks about drugs. Arochi tells detective that Morris had adderall before they went to bars. #arochitrial

@vlwigg I thought Aroachi said he had blackout around the time they walked to the cars..huh? another lie I guess..blackout was lie

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 4m4 minutes ago
.@XXXX Arochi's girlfriend testified Arochi told her he blacked out after he & Morris went their separate ways #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 5m5 minutes ago
.@XXXX I'm not sure whether he told police that he blacked out. Stay tuned. #arochitrial

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 21m21 minutes ago
Photos don't show up well on overhead. They are being passed among jurors. Judge announces afternoon break when done with pics #arochitrial

@vlwigg We have better technology that this...don't you think?

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 2m2 minutes ago
.@XXXXX Of photos? Lighting distorting them. Plus this is county-funded technology #arochitrial

Plano Star Courier ‏@planonewspaper 55s55 seconds ago
Arochi gives police permission to exam car, Stamm leaves room to take photos #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account
‏@vlwigg
Interview: Detective asks if Arochi hit on Morris. No, I have a girlfriend, he said #arochitrial

@vlwigg The same gf he lied to abt being in bed w/ a headache?
The same one that he had when he hit on Boss?
#arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 3m3 minutes ago
.@XXXXX That's right. The same girlfriend #arochitrial
Valerie is my favorite. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

[video=twitter;776873445187473408]https://twitter.com/AliceBarrNBC5/status/776873445187473408[/video]

I haven't followed this as closely as some of you and have a question.

Is the jury aware EA stole the Samsung phone from work, activated it, then wiped it before he returned it? Tia

I'v not seen any mention of the stolen phone

Gabriel RoxasVerified account ‏@cbs11gabriel 1m1 minute ago McKinney, TX
Judge: I could make an editorial comment that I think demonstration hurts prosecution more than defense #arochitrial

Minor4th, Quailfoot, SteveS - any speculation or analysis on this point?

I think the judge probably believes EA's own statements to police combined with the DNA evidence should be enough to convict.

So, maybe in the judge's mind, if the jury sees how small the trunk is:
-it could be more likely to sway a weak juror that she couldn't have fit in; or,
-given what is already known, it's just overkill that will confuse a weak juror further.

Other than that, don't know why he'd make that comment. Can't think of a specific legal reason it would hurt. But, could easily see a juror second guessing him or herself after seeing how small the trunk of the car is.

For him to willingly go in for questioning like he did, not just once, he's either overly confident or ?

Is the jury aware EA stole the Samsung phone from work, activated it, then wiped it before he returned it? Tia

They could have read about it when it was first reported in MSM, it hasn't been mentioned during the trial as far as we know

*** I know the Def Attorney that Arron Lewis had/has is a private high dollar Attorney who does work for the State Public Defender Office and pd by them to represent AL. (his co-defendant and wife was rep by the Pulaski County Public Defender Office so would have been conflict of interest for them to rep him also) Unsure about this Def team, could be same if he is a high profile attorney JMHO

@vlwigg I forgot does EA have a public defender ? Free attorney.

.@XXXXX Yes, attorneys are appointed. #arochitrial

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysonmymind View Post

Is the jury aware EA stole the Samsung phone from work, activated it, then wiped it before he returned it Tia

They could have read about it when it was first reported in MSM, it hasn't been mentioned during the trial as far as we know

Do they have the phone records for that phone? If it was on his same personal account (as the timeline link someone gave few days back it said was his personal account) I hope they do could help somehow. JMHO

Scott Sidway ‏@ScottyWK
Lipscomb has given 700+ lectures and has written 3 books. All about plants in Texas. Studied actual plants from 2014 by PPD. #arochitrial

Scott Sidway
1m1 minute ago
Scott Sidway ‏@ScottyWK
Barney Lipscomb now on witness stand. Botanist. #arochitrial

Hey, I know Barney! And he is exactly who I'd want as an expert on plants helping me ID. AWWWWW, and he's the cutest lil excited old man ever. :)

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 8m8 minutes ago
Prosecutor to play 2nd interview with Arochi. This time, Det Benzick joins Stamm. Benzick more familiar with Shops at Legacy #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 9m9 minutes ago
Break over. Stamm said she recognized inconsistencies with Arochi's story. She let go but invited for 2nd interview that night #arochitrial

Alice Barr ‏@AliceBarrNBC5 4m4 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Now showing a second video recorded interview of Arochi, where he's pointing out where he parked that night. #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 6m6 minutes ago
Benzick has big map, showing layout of Shops at Legacy to orient Arochi where they were #arochitrial

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 7m7 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
We're back. Another interview is taking place. Arochi is going over the layout at the Shops at Legacy. #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 7m7 minutes ago
Time stamp on video of @PlanoPoliceDept interview with Arochi: 23:26 hrs 9/3/14 #arochitrial

Alice Barr ‏@AliceBarrNBC5 5m5 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Now showing a second video recorded interview of Arochi, where he's pointing out where he parked that night. #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 7m7 minutes ago
Benzick has big map, showing layout of Shops at Legacy to orient Arochi where they were #arochitrial

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 8m8 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
We're back. Another interview is taking place. Arochi is going over the layout at the Shops at Legacy. #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 8m8 minutes ago
Time stamp on video of @PlanoPoliceDept interview with Arochi: 23:26 hrs 9/3/14 #arochitrial
.@XXXXThese pics - bruise on inside rt forearm - size of apple, maybe? Several small scrapes and cuts - didn't count #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 1m1 minute ago
Interview: Detectives going thru the timeline... apt, Henry's, Scruffy Duffies, Whataburger, back to Plano apt #arochitrial

Do they have the phone records for that phone? If it was on his same personal account (as the timeline link someone gave few days back it said was his personal account) I hope they do could help somehow. JMHO

I'd think they must have, his wiping of the phone itself wouldn't have wiped the phone company's data IMO

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 45s45 seconds ago
Interview: Arochi tells detectives Morris returns to Plano apt with Nickerson. No one drinking at that time. #arochitrial

I'd think they must have, his wiping of the phone itself wouldn't have wiped the phone company's data IMO

Thats what I think also. But it was in timeframe and should have some phone ping data one would think/hope JMHO (meant that sarc)

Interview: What time did things at apt start winding down? Arochi: 2:30-3. 3. "I got at my house by 3." #arochitrial

On video at 355. :thinking: drunk . Guess he was still on the fall back time smh

*** I know the Def Attorney that Arron Lewis had/has is a private high dollar Attorney who does work for the State Public Defender Office and pd by them to represent AL. (his co-defendant and wife was rep by the Pulaski County Public Defender Office so would have been conflict of interest for them to rep him also) Unsure about this Def team, could be same if he is a high profile attorney JMHO

@vlwigg I forgot does EA have a public defender ? Free attorney.

.@XXXXX Yes, attorneys are appointed. #arochitrial

Thought it was established that EA's attorneys agreed to take the case without charging them. Can't remember where I read it.

Anyway, for them, it's gold, win or lose because it raises their profile in the criminal defense community/law school speaking circuit. Some of those guy guys make good money that way.

Hey...Robert Kardashian, F. Lee Bailey, and Johnnie Cochran lost many cases, probably more than they won. But, because they'd take higher profile cases, they became a go-to guys for media as well as higher profile defendants.

If the defense attorneys aren't charging the Arochi's a dime, they'll more than make up for it because the case does have a little notoriety to it that they can cash in on for years.

**guess other reporters not came back from break

Interview: After Arochi and Morris left, where did they separate? "As soon as we leave apt complexes" #arochitrial

Interview: "We talked about five words that night," Arochi said. "As soon as we separated, I didn't pay attention to her." #arochitrial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member