GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought it was established that EA's attorneys agreed to take the case without charging them. Can't remember where I read it.

Anyway, for them, it's gold, win or lose because it raises their profile in the criminal defense community/law school speaking circuit. Some of those guy guys make good money that way.

Hey...Robert Kardashian, F. Lee Bailey, and Johnnie Cochran lost many cases, probably more than they won. But, because they'd take higher profile cases, they became a go-to guys for media as well as higher profile defendants.

If the defense attorneys aren't charging the Arochi's a dime, they'll more than make up for it because the case does have a little notoriety to it that they can cash in on for years.

Totally agree on this ^^^

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 2m2 minutes ago
Interview: Stamm now references photo from surveillance video showing them walking into pkg garage together #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 1m1 minute ago
Interview: Now talking about what route Arochi took home. He said he wasn't sure if parked on 1st or 2nd level of garage #arochitrial

Alice Barr ‏@AliceBarrNBC5 1m1 minute ago Manhattan, NY
In recording:Arochi shows police where he left #ChristinaMorris on map. Det. points out surveillance showed them somewhere else #ArochiTrial

In Texas, probably the best known of this type of defense attorney was Dick DeGuerin. Once he was established as a guy who would take on tough, unwinnable cases - and, occasionally win some of them - he became the most sought after defense attorney in Texas for high dollar criminal/defendants/politicians.

So, there's that.

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 1m1 minute ago Manhattan, NY
There are a couple reason the broadcasters are not giving a lot of tweets. We are all listening, but writing on deadline. #arochitrial

Arochi says maybe he walked that way then turned back to the another garage, doesn't remember. Says he wasn't sober. #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 57s58 seconds ago
Interview: Arochi said Morris seemed fine to drive, tipsy but OK to drive. You? I made it home OK, he said. #arochitrial

That said, if I hear something serious...say a confession or Arochi saying something way out of whack I'll tweet--lp #arochitrial

In Texas, probably the best known of this type of defense attorney was Dick DeGuerin. Once he was established as a guy who would take on tough, unwinnable cases - and, occasionally win some of them - he became the most sought after defense attorney in Texas for high dollar criminal/defendants/politicians.

So, there's that.

JMHO, people fuss about Def Lawyers just like they do about Police. All bad until they need one.

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 27s27 seconds ago
Interview: Arochi said he'd known Morris since high school but they didn't really talk. Had they hung out before this? No #arochitrial

**guess other reporters not came back from break

Interview: After Arochi and Morris left, where did they separate? "As soon as we leave apt complexes" #arochitrial

Interview: "We talked about five words that night," Arochi said. "As soon as we separated, I didn't pay attention to her." #arochitrial

What a weirdd thing to say

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 53s53 seconds ago
Interview: Did Christina get in your car that night? No. Has she ever been in your car? No. Not at all? No. #arochitrial

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 34s34 seconds ago Manhattan, NY
Arochi says in the second interview Morris has never been in his car. #arochitrial

JMHO, people fuss about Def Lawyers just like they do about Police. All bad until they need one.

Exactly!

I know this, just from speaking to other attorneys I know who do sow their seeds in the defense field, EA could have done a lot worse than Gore and Miears.

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 54s55 seconds ago Manhattan, NY
Arochi told police peeled paint off his tire rim #arochitrial

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 36s36 seconds ago Manhattan, NY
Arochi told police he got mad at his car and punched it twice #arochitrial

Sorry had to go find this that saw this morning someone tweeted and asking :thinking:

rim.JPG

Arochi on tape says he went to Whataburger after bars with Paulina & Sabrina, then went back to Paulina's apartment #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 2m2 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Interview: Arochi went to Whataburger. Christina was at Pauline's apartment whe he got back. #arochitrial

Plano Star Courier ‏@planonewspaper 1m1 minute ago
Arochi said he offered to take Morris home but she declined. Said he and Morris split off at end of apartment complex #arochitrial

Interview: Christina said she was fine to drive. He walked her to the end of the apartment complex then they split. #arochitrial

Arochi on tape: "I was leaving & Christina said she was leaving too, so we walked out together." #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW

BBM
Here's the nugget of truth. Just that she didn't decline.
moo

Interview: Arochi drove himself to bars. He parked near Blue Martini #arochitrial

I'm going to add an editorial comment here. As someone who has been to SaL more times than I can count...I have no idea why that group would drive 1 car, much less 3 cars to the parking garage from PP's apartment. Parking in that area, on both sides of Legacy is a total trainwreck. It was clearly walkable (EA and Christina did it, obviously). If they had spots at PP's apartment, why drive over there. I'm also SHOCKED that they found 2-3 spots clustered around each other where they did on a Friday night on a holiday weekend.

I doubt they had a lot of parking in her apartment complex

Interview: Arochi said Morris got on her phone. He did too. He told detective he was talking to his girlfriend #arochitrial

Interview: was mildly worried about her walking off while she was high. #arochitrial

Plano Star Courier ‏@planonewspaper 55s56 seconds ago
Arochi tells Stamm that Morris didn't go home with him #arochitrial

Stamm: "Were you worried about Christina walking off alone?" Arochi: "I mean yeah but we weren't really friends" #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW

Gabriel RoxasVerified account ‏@cbs11gabriel 1m1 minute ago McKinney, TX
Arochi says Christina asked for an Adderall & Paulina gave her one before they went to bars #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 46s47 seconds ago
Interview: Detective asks if Morris went home with him. No, he went home alone. His brother was sleeping on couch #arochitrial

Interview: Arochi thought it was weird Hunter waited a couple days to call him #arochitrial

Gabriel RoxasVerified account ‏@cbs11gabriel 49s49 seconds ago McKinney, TX
Arochi says he was somewhat concerned about Christina walking away alone, but he let her go because they weren't really friends #arochitrial

Interview: Christina sounded mad on phone #arochitrial

Why didnt he say ARENT really friends at this point?

Interview: Did Christina get in your car that night? No. Has she ever been in your car? No. Not at all? No. #arochitrial

Arochi says in the second interview Morris has never been in his car. #arochitrial

See, here...this is what cooks EA and makes all other theories pointless, in my opinion. Even if one of the other theories is true, this is his story and he stuck to it.

D.N.A.? Yeah it helps, even though it was less than we were led to believe.
Size of the trunk? Yeah, it's small on a Camaro - could have fit, maybe not.
Drugs and alcohol? Yes, they were all doing it, even though CM's friends got on the stand and tried to say she was sober that night.
Grass? Trash? Gas? Dents in the fenders?

None of means more to me, if I'm a juror, than EA's own words; and, his own words were: She was never in his car.

His only hope is to get up and testify to the exact opposite of what he told police. And, I just don't think that'll happen. So, to me, the dog and pony shows are over and his words are - and always have been - the main event.

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 4m4 minutes ago
Interview: Criminalist Boubel comes in and takes the pics of Arochi's injuries that jury saw earlier #arochitrial

Alice Barr ‏@AliceBarrNBC5 4m4 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Arochi says in recording he was rotating tires on car, dropped tire on arm hurting it, then punched car in anger denting car. #ArochiTrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 4m4 minutes ago
Interview: Arochi said tire fell on his arm when he pulled it off, got bruise, those scratches. said he got mad and punched car #arochitrial

Video now showing investigators taking pictures of Arochi's injuries while he's in for questioning. #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW

Alice Barr ‏@AliceBarrNBC5 3m3 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Video now showing investigators taking pictures of Arochi's injuries while he's in for questioning. #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 2m2 minutes ago
Video stopped at 23:56:03. Defense asks to speak to judge privately with prosecutor. They are talking at bench. #arochitrial

Jackpot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members