GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From V Wigg

Defense: You believe a fight was inside the car? Busby: Could be... car damage indicates something also happpened outside #arochitrial

Oh god, I just had a vision. What if they were out of the car fighting and he got her into a chokehold and then slammed her head against the fender of the car. It would explain lack of damage anywhere else. And would leave blood in an outdoor area, not in the car. Or maybe it only caused a nosebleed at first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 4m4 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Busby: Still believes Arochi was coming on to Sabrina Boss. He had arm around in one instant and didn't the next. #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 5m5 minutes ago
Defense asks if cell tower data inaccurate, a lot of opinions in case affected, agree? Busby: if inaccurate, it changes things #arochitrial

Natalie Solis ‏@Fox4Natalie 6m6 minutes ago McKinney, TX
Busby on cross: doesn't know exact distance of tower range where Arochi phone pinged @FOX4 #arochitrial

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 7m7 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
We're back. Busby is undergoing Cross X: Says there was no evidence there was a fight in the car. #arochitrial

Natalie Solis ‏@Fox4Natalie 8m8 minutes ago McKinney, TX
Busby on cross: Arochi did not hinder police from car search. No rips/tears to fabric/carpet. No obvious damage signs @FOX4 #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 8m8 minutes ago
Defense asks about any visible signs of damage inside car to support fight inside car. Busby says no damage found #arochitrial

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 3m3 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Gore asks whether a person needs to be present for DNA to be there. Busby concedes it does not. #arochitrial

Busby did not know Sabrina Boss had called Arochi the next day and asked if he wanted to hang out #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 4m4 minutes ago
Defense: If tower data interpretation wrong, vehicle could be 5 miles away, yes? Busby: It has to be within tower area #arochitrial

Busby: That was the basis for her speculation there was a sexual assault. #arochitrial

Gore asks whether a person needs to be present for DNA to be there. Busby concedes it does not. #arochitrial

Busby did not know Sabrina Boss had called Arochi the next day and asked if he wanted to hang out #arochitrial

Defense: If tower data interpretation wrong, vehicle could be 5 miles away, yes? Busby: It has to be within tower area #arochitrial

Busby: That was the basis for her speculation there was a sexual assault. #arochitrial

Natalie Solis ‏@Fox4Natalie 3m3 minutes ago McKinney, TX
Busby on cross: car was washed before police called Arochi. Was not done in anticipation of mtg w police @FOX4 #arochitrial

Defense is asking about Arochi's car wash receipt for 9:27 am 9/3/14 - he hadn't been contacted by PPD yet, right? Busby: No #arochitrial

Natalie Solis ‏@Fox4Natalie 4m4 minutes ago McKinney, TX
Busby on cross: defense pointing out $5 car wash at Cartopia is not full detail @FOX4 #arochitrial

Busby: Wasn't sure exactly where the DNA was on the trunk weather stripping so she went back to criminologist Webb #arochitrial

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 2m2 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Busby: I've never seen somebody on the back of their trunk with a squeegee #arochitrial

Busby: When Arochi walked by his trunk he saw something and he went back and cleaned it with a squeegee. #arochitrial

Natalie Solis ‏@Fox4Natalie 3m3 minutes ago McKinney, TX
Busby on cross: defense pointing out that Arochi told friend he was in fight regarding injuries, then said just kidding @FOX4 #arochitrial

Busby: No recollection of Enrique saying he was kidding about being in a fight with a man at the bar. #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 1m1 minute ago
Defense asks about Arochi wiping car at gas station. Busby said she's never seen anyone with squeegee on back of their car #arochitrial

With the Prosecutions case coming to a close, just looking for some feedback from all of you.

Does anyone else (other than me) feel really surprised that there hasn't been more evidence of his guilt presented? DNA, text messages, testimony, etc.? I honestly thought that they had much, much more up their sleeve and that it was going to be a slam-dunk no brainer to convict him.

I believe that E.A. is guilty, but will the jury based on what they have heard? Not looking to start a debate, just wanting to know if I am alone in what I am thinking?
I'm pretty disappointed. I wanted clarity and received little actual evidence. Most of the prosecution case is their theories...almost like a movie based on real life where much of the story is full of creative license.. I think EA is guilty, perhaps 75% to 85%. But, I don't think that I could convict him with those odds. 15 out of 100 people convicted would actually be innocent, that's unacceptable to me.

Quite a good wrap-up witness for the prosecution.

Natalie Solis ‏@Fox4Natalie 1m1 minute ago McKinney, TX
No further questions for busby. State rests @FOX4 #arochitrial

Gore: Busby could be willing to change her theory if presented with confliciting evidence. Busby done. #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 2m2 minutes ago
Defense ends questions. The state rests #arochitrial

#BREAKING State rests in Enrique Arochi #arochitrial

Defense wants to take up legal matter outside jury's presence. Jury heads out #arochitrial

The Mercury ‏@arochimercury 1m1 minute ago
Defense now done with questioning, prosecution officially rests, jury leaves while judge deals with legal matter #ArochiTrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 50s51 seconds ago
Defense asks for instructed verdict, saying state failed to prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 47s48 seconds ago
Judge denies motion based on 1st and 3rd graph of indictment, judge asking about 2nd graph #arochitrial[/B

]

Sec. 20.04. AGGRAVATED KIDNAPPING. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly abducts another person with the intent to:
(1) hold him for ransom or reward;
(2) use him as a shield or hostage;
(3) facilitate the commission of a felony or the flight after the attempt or commission of a felony;
(4) inflict bodily injury on him or violate or abuse him sexually;
(5) terrorize him or a third person; or
(6) interfere with the performance of any governmental or political function.
(b) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally or knowingly abducts another person and uses or exhibits a deadly weapon during the commission of the offense.
(c) Except as provided by Subsection (d), an offense under this section is a felony of the first degree.
(d) At the punishment stage of a trial, the defendant may raise the issue as to whether he voluntarily released the victim in a safe place. If the defendant proves the issue in the affirmative by a preponderance of the evidence, the offense is a felony of the second degree.

Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974. Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, Sec. 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994; Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 318, Sec. 4, eff. Sept. 1, 1995. http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.20.htm

Defense asks for instructed verdict, saying state failed to prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt #arochitrial

Judge denies motion based on 1st and 3rd graph of indictment, judge asking about 2nd graph #arochitr
ial

The Mercury ‏@arochimercury 5m5 minutes ago
Defense asks for instructed verdict, says prosecution didn't prove case beyond reasonable doubt #ArochiTrial

2nd graph deals with intent to violate Morris sexually #arochitrial

Fortenberry: All we have to do is prove intent. #arochitrial

Judge says he can see evidence that Arochi sexually frustrated by being shut down by Boss - asks state if it meets law #arochitrial

The Mercury ‏@arochimercury 3m3 minutes ago
Judge focuses on 2nd graph, which deals with Arochi intent to violate Morris sexually #ArochiTrial

Rusch: Defendant may have been rebuffed by Morris, but isn't sure that meets the level of sexual assault under case law #arochitrial

Judge Rusch denies two motions for directed verdict. Now taking up the matter of sexual assault #arochitrial

Judge going thru evidence brought up that suggests Arochi intended to violate her #arochitrial

Prosecution says state only has to prove intent, not that any sexual assault occurred #arochitrial

Fortenberry: All we have to do is prove intent. #arochitrial

Judge looking for case law on whether being rebuffed by woman #1 enough to suggest crime with woman #2 #arochitrial

Judge: I'll give you evidence that getting rebuffed by woman #1 means he may have had intent to woman #2 #arochitrial

.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 2m2 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Rusch: Defendant may have been rebuffed by Boss, but isn't sure that meets the level of sexual assault under case law #arochitrial

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 1m1 minute ago Manhattan, NY
Irrespective of how Rusch rules on remaining offense, the defense will have to put up a fight. #arochitrial

d8a8d84cd84ebb8be45b7fd58a0140da.jpg

.@XXXX She wanted on couch and Arochi wouldn't move so she went to bedroom. Then Arochi said he was leaving apt #arochitrial

.@XXXX Sabrina Boss invited Arochi to join group that night. Arochi was romantically interested in her, witnesses said #arochitrial

Defense also brings up separate motion to quash indictment as unconstitutional. Judge denies that request #arochitrial

Now back to other issue.... #arochitrial

Rusch also refuses to dismiss case on Constitutional grounds. #arochitrial

Judge is headed back to chambers to look up case law. Taking a break for 10 minutes or so #arochitrial

I haven't gotten to read the tweets from the State last witness the Lead Det.

But I don't remember any testimony that made me think sexual intent. Lots of reading again tonight :thinking:

With them keeping on about the semen (think that Lab person is who Def is flying in). Hmm

The Mercury ‏@arochimercury 2m2 minutes ago
Judge leaves to check on similar cases in his chambers, set to return in approx. 10 minutes #ArochiTrial

How does a guy who gets shut down by a woman (EA by SB) turn into a sexual assault suspect? That's nuts, so every guy in the world could have been a SA suspect on the night that they were turned down?

They are trying to use him getting rejected as intent to commit a sexual assault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanDortmunder