GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 2m2 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
#BREAKING Judge says jury will probably deliberate tomorrow and will be sequestered. He tells them to pack for overnight. #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 2m2 minutes ago
Judge tells jury deliberations likely start tomorrow and jury will be sequestered while deliberating. Bring suitcase #arochitrial

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 3m3 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Defense doesn't have another witness for today. Their next witness is tomorrow. Done for the day. #arochitrial

The Mercury ‏@arochimercury 1m1 minute ago
Continue following @arochimercury for updates.#ArochiTrial

The Mercury ‏@arochimercury 2m2 minutes ago
Dunbar excused, jury now in recess. Judge says deliberations may begin as soon as tomorrow. Trial set to resume at 8:30 a.m. #ArochiTrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 3m3 minutes ago
Judge says there is no real rule about how long jury deliberations might go. He tells them to be prepared for several days #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 55s55 seconds ago
Defense says it's next expert tomorrow will be a cell phone expert and that is expected to be its last witness #arochitrial

Defense says it's next expert tomorrow will be a cell phone expert and that is expected to be its last witness #arochitrial

AKA No Enrique.

AKA No Enrique.

Hope you get to still go tomorrow!!!

Ok Gotta go. Had to call 911 for my neighbors little boy earlier gotta go check on him. (had a bad seizure)

AKA No Enrique.

He's the only one who can explain the lies, injuries, cell pings, Kroger video, etc. Not doing so, well ...

AKA No Enrique.

I thought the Defense was subpoenaing some people from a lab? They aren't putting on much of a case, are they?

I thought the Defense was subpoenaing some people from a lab? They aren't putting on much of a case, are they?
I believe that they feel like it's already won. Additional witnesses would put too much time between testimony that's been given and the jury decision. Imo

AKA No Enrique.

Also, no CA. His alibi.

I wish they would have asked if it was possible that her mouth was covered in some way while trying to bit

Or as she was biting he jerked his arm away. That would not leave a mark like a typical bite. I realize that it was several days later that pics were taken and the dentist only looked at pictures. Not sure how certain she could be with the veribles or a bite. I think that is why the State did not call her. She didn't find it was a bite mark so the only person who did definately call it a bite mark was AE himself.

I have trouble grasping the sexual intent. It feels like quite a stretch for me to say without a doubt that was his intent with the evidence provided. And I do believe that is what happened. I feel let down. :(

How does a guy who gets shut down by a woman (EA by SB) turn into a sexual assault suspect? That's nuts, so every guy in the world could have been a SA suspect on the night that they were turned down?

DOJ1234,

It is an unfortunate reality that some men (and women) are governed by ego rather than morals. I don't believe the SA hypothesis was developed solely due to EA being male and rebuffed by SB, but rather in the totality of EA's actions, history, and character. It doesn't take much of a psychoanalyst to be able to diagnose him as being high risk for this being a motive:

Self-Image:
--Known for the care he took of his vehicle (pride in possessions and outward appearances--he wants to be admired.)
--Giving media interviews in the midst of an active investigation. (desperation to convince the public that he too is a victim).

Behavior:
-Allegedly choking a partner, or partners, during sex.--this is not something that should be dismissed as just a quirk or fetish. An arousal from and association between violence and sex is dangerous and serious. (https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/disturbed/201209/is-your-lover-pervert)
--Telling RA how much he loved her while simultaneously pursuing another girl indicates a lack of satisfaction with stable and faithful relationships. This is certainly not a crime but the way he conducts himself within the relationship dynamic illustrates a lack of regard for others and a callus focus on his own hedonistic desires.
--Theft arrest prior to CM disappearance per PPD interrogation--lack of regard for societal boundaries and laws.
--Theft arrest post CM disappearance (phone)--see above. Note a pattern: he sees something, he wants it, and he takes it, disregarding conventional societal norms and moral decision making. Cannot say no to himself.

I could go on but I haven't finished reading the updates from today so I'll run along and get back to that.

Maybe the grass came from the golf course. I saw a timeline that said his car was seen going in that direction. I first thought the park and one of the fingers in the lake but the timeline i read said the car was seen going in the other direction. If someone killed her i hope he or she gets death.

Ultimately, does it really matter if we think he had sexual intent or not? The statute says intent to inflict bodily injury too. When he grabbed her, it wasn't to give her a hug. He didn't stuff her into his trunk to take her to a tea party. He intended to hurt her one way or the other. When he did these things, he likely terrorized her, which is another aggravating factor. I pray he is found guilty. No probation for this guy.

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 2m2 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Judge: The tip was certainly something law enforcement should check out. But doesn't make it admissible. #arochitrial

Stamm said Morris' pic shown to someone involved in stabbing and that person did not recognize her #arochitrial

Judge talking about whether info should be admitted. No evidence to believe Morris was a witness in case #arochitrial

Kind of doubt anyone involved with that stabbing is going to claim they recognize her even if they did. IMO

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 4m4 minutes ago
@XXXXDefense is saying no reasonable jury could reach a decision to the contrary ( meaning he's not guilty) #arochitrial

Lol, if Gore really believed that, then why not let it roll on to the jury? Why ask the judge to for a directed verdict knowing he can only rule "not guilty" or decline the request to decide? After the state rests, rest your little case too. Dismiss your reasonable jury so they can get on with making the decision.

I sincerely hope this was an attempt by Gore to see if he needs to plan on working late tonight so as to secure a last minute deal with the DA (if that's even an option at this point). Since one of his witnesses was just released from jail* and the other is having to travel in, he may be lacking confidence in being able to successfully herd all of the witnesses he's called. Maybe I'm wrong, but this feels like a pulse check or a Hail Mary, but then again, I'm not a lawyer and am possibly just wishful thinking. Any perspective?

*Clearly I'm not all caught up. In reading further in the postings I see he testified in court today.

Is the case going tomorrow to the jury

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members