GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Both closing arguments were convincing.
I just can't say I would be convinced he is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. And honestly, HF did muddy the waters, IMO...A LOT. No matter how much I want to ignore him being alive, I can't.

I'm with you! I don't think this has anything to do with sexual assault, or being turned down. I think drugs are at front & center. Thought that from day one.

I am so glad I was able to pop in to the live feed and watch Fortenberry. Concise and direct stating of facts and plausible scenarios. Exactly what a jury needs. Good job [emoji1376] Fortenberry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Pros said in closing HF DID go to Plano about 11pm that night, then turned came back/turned around? Def is syaing someone named Alex talked about EA's injuries prior? What did I miss?

Respectfully BBM, From TCMom notes 9/13/16 from court:

Witness Alex Buhidar
– Met EA in 7th grade, played football together, good friends. Kept in touch when he got back from college.

Moved to shops at legacy.
Being shown map – shows where he lives far north apartment building off of bishop, north of henry’s. Moved in week before Aug 29, EA helped him move in.

No one ever needed to park in garage or parking garages at Henry’s or Blue Martini – plenty of parking on street.

Went to Henry’s with (now ex-) girlfriend on 8/29. Saved a table and the party people came over and joined.
Alex and GF didn’t go to Scruffy Duffies.
He saw EA drinking, didn’t notice any injuries on his hand.
Saw EA and SB “talking” – witness clarified that talking doesn’t just mean chatting anymore. The interest seemed mutual, EA had told Alex that he was interested in SB.

Did you know EA had a gf? Well, yes, but they weren’t official, and were on and off. She wasn’t there that night. GF’s name? Rand.

EA got Camaro, he was proud of it? “Yes”
Did you talk to EA that night? “Yes, a lot, played shuffleboard all night”
Did he talk about car? “No” Rims? “No” Damage? “No”

Briefly saw EA at friend J’s house on Monday. Called EA on Wednesday immediately after hearing about CM being missing and hearing from friends that pictures of EA were out. Didn’t really know what happened but was telling EA that police were looking for him.

Another day, picked up EA to hang out and he initially said he and CM went separate ways in garage. Later EA said that he blacked out and didn’t know.

EA had hurt his arm before the 29th, doesn’t really remember (this testimony was definitely unsure) EA claimed that he had previously told him about rim injury.

EA told Alex and friend that when he got hurt he said he punched the car. They didn’t believe he would do that. EA offered to do it again to the other side to show how easy it was. (editorial, wtf?) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...cused-of-kidnapping-2&p=12803493#post12803493

Sprint Care just tweeted me in regards to one of my #arochitrial tweets and asked if they could help me with anything. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you! I don't think this has anything to do with sexual assault, or being turned down. I think drugs are at front & center. Thought that from day one.

Do you think he is guilty of the aggravated kidnapping, even without the sexual assault theory? The other "conditions" are intent to terrorize or intent to do bodily harm. I'm just curious of you think either of those other conditions apply.

Do you think he is guilty of the aggravated kidnapping, even without the sexual assault theory? The other "conditions" are intent to terrorize or intent to do bodily harm. I'm just curious of you think either of those other conditions apply.

Yes, I think he's guilty, but I think this had to do with drugs, and not getting what he wanted. Someone texted HF from EA's phone inquiring about the good rock. Wanting to buy an insane amount. EA has purchased drugs from HF before. I think maybe that's why Christina got in the car with him- so he could score some dope. When she couldn't deliver, things went south. JMO, of course. I've thought this from the beginning.

Respectfully BBM, From TCMom notes 9/13/16 from court:

Witness Alex Buhidar
– Met EA in 7th grade, played football together, good friends. Kept in touch when he got back from college.

Moved to shops at legacy.
Being shown map – shows where he lives far north apartment building off of bishop, north of henry’s. Moved in week before Aug 29, EA helped him move in.

No one ever needed to park in garage or parking garages at Henry’s or Blue Martini – plenty of parking on street.

Went to Henry’s with (now ex-) girlfriend on 8/29. Saved a table and the party people came over and joined.
Alex and GF didn’t go to Scruffy Duffies.
He saw EA drinking, didn’t notice any injuries on his hand.
Saw EA and SB “talking” – witness clarified that talking doesn’t just mean chatting anymore. The interest seemed mutual, EA had told Alex that he was interested in SB.

Did you know EA had a gf? Well, yes, but they weren’t official, and were on and off. She wasn’t there that night. GF’s name? Rand.

EA got Camaro, he was proud of it? “Yes”
Did you talk to EA that night? “Yes, a lot, played shuffleboard all night”
Did he talk about car? “No” Rims? “No” Damage? “No”

Briefly saw EA at friend J’s house on Monday. Called EA on Wednesday immediately after hearing about CM being missing and hearing from friends that pictures of EA were out. Didn’t really know what happened but was telling EA that police were looking for him.

Another day, picked up EA to hang out and he initially said he and CM went separate ways in garage. Later EA said that he blacked out and didn’t know.

EA had hurt his arm before the 29th, doesn’t really remember (this testimony was definitely unsure) EA claimed that he had previously told him about rim injury.

EA told Alex and friend that when he got hurt he said he punched the car. They didn’t believe he would do that. EA offered to do it again to the other side to show how easy it was. (editorial, wtf?) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...cused-of-kidnapping-2&p=12803493#post12803493

I hope TCMom can clarify her notes for us.

This sounds to me like EA and his friend were together after CM's disappearance, friend notices injuries, and EA says, "Remember? I told you that night at Henry's, this happened when I was working on my rims before I came to Plano. I can't believe you don't remember me telling you that. You definitely noticed the bruises that night. I definitely told you it happened when I was changing my rims and that was before CM disappeared."

So friend says to himself, "I don't remember that, but OK, if you say so."

It's already clear from the rest of TCMom's notes that EA told this same friend several different stories about what happened that night. Then he tried to explain away all those different stories to his friend. I'll bet there was a lot of talking in circles on EA's part.

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 3m3 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Gore: the State's expert said he could spot whether there was a dent by light. State has not proven one way or another. #arochitrial

Natalie Solis ‏@Fox4Natalie 3m3 minutes ago McKinney, TX
Defense: re damage to camaro. Drinking inhibited powers of observation explaining why Morris friends dont notice damage @FOX4 #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 3m3 minutes ago
Gore addresses damage on right front quarter panel of Camaro, says frineds out that nite drinking too much to know #arochitrial

Alice Barr ‏@AliceBarrNBC5 3m3 minutes ago McKinney, TX
"Their powers of observation were less than optimal." of friends out with #ChristinaMorris & Arochi bc intoxicated #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW

Natalie Solis ‏@Fox4Natalie 3m3 minutes ago McKinney, TX
Defense: prosecutors can't prove when damage happened @FOX4 #arochitrial

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 2m2 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Gore: what about injury to Enrique? We have a witness who said he was injured before they went. #arochitrial

Jobin PanickerVerified account ‏@jobinpnews 2m2 minutes ago
Defense on damage to EA car: "They just cant prove when this damage is happening" #ArochiTrial

Alice Barr ‏@AliceBarrNBC5 3m3 minutes ago McKinney, TX
Defense: "Have they proven to you beyond a reasonable doubt where the damage occurred? ... They can't prove it." #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW

Who testified AE was already injured. Did I miss that?

I have thought from the beginning that EA knew Christina was desparate to get a hold of Hunter. EA said i will text him and see if i can make a buy from him. Get in the car and we will head towards dallas and i can drop you off to him. Then as they say, something went horribly wrong.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I hope TCMom can clarify her notes for us.

This sounds to me like EA and his friend were together after CM's disappearance, friend notices injuries, and EA says, "Remember? I told you that night at Henry's, this happened when I was working on my rims before I came to Plano. I can't believe you don't remember me telling you that. You definitely noticed the bruises that night. I definitely told you it happened when I was changing my rims and that was before CM disappeared."

So friend says to himself, "I don't remember that, but OK, if you say so."

It's already clear from the rest of TCMom's notes that EA told this same friend several different stories about what happened that night. Then he tried to explain away all those different stories to his friend. I'll bet there was a lot of talking in circles on EA's part.

Alex DID NOT say that Enrique told him any specifics just "remember I told you before." NOTHING else. Gore used creative license there. I hope the jury will ask for the record of Alex's testimony.

I found some of the defense claims in closing statements interesting. I served on a trial several years ago -- trial of a drug dealer. We were told that we could absolutely "connect the dots" (so to speak) and use our common sense to draw conclusions from the evidence. We were actually told that that was our job as jurors. We were told specifically not to confuse "shadow of a doubt" with "reasonable doubt." I followed this trial with those instructions in mind, and I would certainly vote to convict with the evidence presented. I hope these jurors come to that same conclusion.

Do we have anyone going to be there for verdict? Vlwigg said no cameras allowed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what kind of warning we get before the verdict comes in? Like an hour notice?

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 14m14 minutes ago
.@scissorhands11 Not much warning. As soon as attorneys & family return, they will read it - maybe 15-20 minutes - can't say #arochitrial

Do we have anyone going to be there for verdict? Vlwigg said no cameras allowed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I will be there so long as it happens today before jurors are sent home for the night. I think the reporters will still be tweeting.

Was EA's family there today?

An uncle and another female were in closing. People involved in search told me today that his parents have not been here AT ALL and they believe the media was just confused about who his parents are.

If/when EA is found guilty can he then take the stand in the punishment phase and confess or tell another "story", or Can he call PPD in outside of the jury and tell where she is for a lesser sentence? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bear_With_Me