GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why we don't know more about the second phone EA is said to have had at the first interview. Am I missing something?? Please, if so, fill me in kind WSers. Where the heck is it? Even if it it missing with Christina - wouldn't the data be on his records?! So confused as to why we only have the stolen/wiped phone as evidence. Or do his phone records include both phones? Help! Lol
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I was stating in a post up thread. Surely PPD had records for all the phones in his name. Unless it was a burner phone. Was there ever any testimony prior hearings and stuff of him having a different number? They had the phone texts and where sent from from HF and RA phones that were sent from EA phone. They have the phone records from Sprint. IF they were from different phones or phone numbers they did not bring that out in trial. **records of EA and times from/to numbers of HF and RA would confirm if different phone used. SO jmho it was same phone used, not a different phone. PPD alluded to it being the stolen phone or my understanding of testimony.

The contamination theory was repeated disproved and note that the defense did NOT produce an expert to say the amount of DNA in his trunk could be caused due to contamination or transference. In fact every DNA expert and scientist testified that the only way that much DNA could be IN HIS TRUNK is if it came directly fom Christina.

The defense has not provided a reasonable reason for her DNA to have ended up there.

We've gone back and forth about how she could have thrown up on the trunk, and a whole bunch of other theories but interestingly enough the defense didn't go there? Why? Because that's not what happened. We haven't gotten anything from the denfense on what did happen from the one living person who knows. His lawyer could have easily offered up any of those scenarios if it was the truth.

But all EA does is lie. And the evidence doesnt.

I think it will be interesting to see how dismissing a juror last night and replacing her with an alternate will affect how things move along today. Does anyone know if the jurors would typically do a quick vote first thing this morning to see where they all stand now that there is a "new" juror?

I would think they would do one first thing last night (may or may not made diff depending on the guilty vs not guilty count) I would think this morning they would take a first vote count. But if so, must be some discussing going on. One group guilty vs One group not guilty. JMHO

Jennifer Lindgren Verified account  ‏@JLindgrenCBS11 · 4m4 minutes ago
Two plus hours into deliberation this morning. No movement from the jury. @CBSDFW #arochitrial

For me personally and my vote does not count toward verdict. But for me, I was disappointed.
State did not prove beyond a reasonable doubt to me. From any of the witnesses testimony, I did not see (especially, friends from that night and afterwards testimony)
Intent to do bodily harm
Intent to sexually abuse
Intent to terrorize CM

DNA in trunk, does not prove she was IN HIS TRUNK. 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 of a packet of sugar is how it was testified as to the DNA found. The testimony about the storage of CM belongings and car processing same date in same locker? IF contamination happen I do not think on purpose. But there is reasonable doubt for me due to the testimony of various witnesses. JMHO

Edit to add, Nor proven to me that she was even kidnapped. Just assumptions/theory that she changed her mind while in car of EA. And that changes where she was at depending upon which Det you believe theory, in trunk from garage, in front seat left willingly.

No doubt something happen to this young lady. But like not knowing where she is, I don't know what happen to her. Could very well have been with someone else at some point. I just don't know like everyone else.

I respect your opinion Mimi but I don't share your reasonable doubt, the fact that the Blue Star did react, even lightly, and DNA was in the sample from that reaction, tells me CM was on that trunk mat and lost bodily fluid of some nature, and most likely blood as I don't believe Blue Star reacts to saliva (without blood in it). Plus the DNA on the weatherstripping gasket proves to me she was actually inside the trunk and it could not have been transference or contamination (Fortenberry addresses this in his closing).

Along with all of his story changing and lies, the several empty bottles of cleaning fluids at his house, the post-it with associated items from that night, the phone pings of that night after leaving the parking garage, I simply have no doubt, reasonable or otherwise that EA disappeared her and did great bodily injury to her. That may not have been his intent when she first entered his car but since pings lead investigators to believe that he drove the wrong way from the garage if he were taking her home, and then drove back towards the Shops, at some point he did intend to do her harm.

If an accident occurred, such as was postulated (she didn't want to go where he was driving, jumped out of the car and he unintentionally hit her), why wouldn't he own up to that at some point, knowing he was busted? Much better to concede a terrible accident happened and stupid panic behavior afterwards (hiding her body) than to be charged with kidnapping and possible murder if and when she is found.

Just the way I see it.

The contamination theory was repeated disproved and note that the defense did NOT produce an expert to say the amount of DNA in his trunk could be caused due to contamination or transference. In fact every DNA expert and scientist testified that the only way that much DNA could be IN HIS TRUNK is if it came directly fom Christina.

The defense has not provided a reasonable reason for her DNA to have ended up there.

We've gone back and forth about how she could have thrown up on the trunk, and a whole bunch of other theories but interestingly enough the defense didn't go there? Why? Because that's not what happened. We haven't gotten anything from the denfense on what did happen from the one living person who knows. His lawyer could have easily offered up any of those scenarios if it was the truth.

This. Several people are saying they were disappointed in the state's evidence - and yes the burden lies on them - but what about the defense? Their case was so incredibly weak. What were there, 3 testimonies? Maybe 4? Calling the body guard made no sense to me.

And again, where was his alibi? Or family for that matter saying they do a lot cleaning to explain all the empty bottles of cleaners?

I overheard Fortenberry telling @vlwigg that there are basically no rules on "starting over". They make their own rules within the deliberation room. If she was the "holdout" and the new guy comes in and says "I agree with the rest of you" then there wouldn't be much to discuss. Not saying she was a holdout, just giving that example. Anyone's guess at this point.

Haven't read past this post yet but I was wondering last night if she was possibly a holdout and used illness as a reason to get out of it. Or perhaps the stress caused her to get sick. I have a very nervous stomach and tend to throw up when I'm anxious or worried. I just hope she's OK and that justice comes for Christina today!

I would think they would do one first thing last night (may or may not made diff depending on the guilty vs not guilty count) I would think this morning they would take a first vote count. But if so, must be some discussing going on. One group guilty vs One group not guilty. JMHO

Jennifer Lindgren Verified account  ‏@JLindgrenCBS11 · 4m4 minutes ago
Two plus hours into deliberation this morning. No movement from the jury. @CBSDFW #arochitrial

I thought as soon as the alternate was named to replace the ill juror, they were sent to the hotel. I didn't realize they went back into deliberations with the new juror last night. Thanks.

For me personally and my vote does not count toward verdict. But for me, I was disappointed.
State did not prove beyond a reasonable doubt to me. From any of the witnesses testimony, I did not see (especially, friends from that night and afterwards testimony)
Intent to do bodily harm
Intent to sexually abuse
Intent to terrorize CM

DNA in trunk, does not prove she was IN HIS TRUNK. 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 of a packet of sugar is how it was testified as to the DNA found. The testimony about the storage of CM belongings and car processing same date in same locker? IF contamination happen I do not think on purpose. But there is reasonable doubt for me due to the testimony of various witnesses. JMHO

Edit to add, Nor proven to me that she was even kidnapped. Just assumptions/theory that she changed her mind while in car of EA. And that changes where she was at depending upon which Det you believe theory, in trunk from garage, in front seat left willingly.

No doubt something happen to this young lady. But like not knowing where she is, I don't know what happen to her. Could very well have been with someone else at some point. I just don't know like everyone else.

I agree with you 100%. Wish I was as confident and convinced as others.

Nice example but this case is more like:

Neighbor sees boy throwing rocks. Rocks seen on ground near car. Window is broken and was not broken prior to boy throwing rocks. No other rock throwers or rock throwing objects in the area at the time.

Now is it possible that at that same moment another boy darted out unseen threw rocks from behind the boy then disappeared with no witnesses to his existence? It's possible. But is it REASONABLE? No.

Just like it's not reasonable that Arochi lies repeatedly, is the last person seen with her, she's never seen again, he's seen repeatedly inspecting and cleaning his trunk on surveillance video, her phone pings with his, he has injuries and damage to vehicle that were not responsibly explained to counter the more reasonable explanation that injuries and damage were caused by an altercation with Christina, and on and on I can go. The evidence points in one direction and the defense can fabricate alternative theories, blame others, confuse trick and send us down rabbit holes but they can't and haven't proven a reasonable defense of his lies, actions and the evidence.

Respectfully BBM. In my (our example) I say yes reasonable because not proven that the initial boy did it. Investigation of his further whereabouts could have proven he was at cub scouts. Or that the nicely mowed lawn nearby was mowed afterwards. I know this is all diff from this case at hand.

There were multiple witnesses that testified he cleaned his care almost obsessively. He had a membership at a carwash. His injuries, his gf testified to, one friend testified Alex (I only know from tweets and TCMom notes on that) about possible prior injury to arm. He did text girlfriend 8/29 about working on rims. (that is what give me the possibility of could have happened, they have the phone record and the photo of text and time) I totally agree on the lying and odd stuff.

BUT the State did not prove to ME, with testimony and evidence. I am saying this from not knowing anything prior. It is totally different knowing back stories and forming an opinion prior to trial. This is just my unbiased opinion and observation. It may not be popular and may not even be the verdict. And that is fine with me. None of us will be making that 12 count verdict determination. So my as for as my thoughts of trial. At WS and the world my opinion count as much as anyone else. Not trying to be snarky about it. Sorry if comes across that way.

Intent to do bodily harm, Intent to sexual assault, intent to terrorize CM. Honestly even kidnapping.

Intent to do bodily harm
Intent to sexually abuse
Intent to terrorize CM

BBM. The DNA in his truck is pretty damning evidence, IMO. From what I understand it wasn't found in part of the trunk that would be easy to get contaminated. She couldn't have just sneezed and her DNA got in there in the locations it was found. Besides, by his account she was never near his car... Regardless of how small the amount of DNA is, it was in there. I'd be willing to bet that they could go search his trunk for my DNA and they wouldn't find any at all... I was never near his trunk or IN his trunk. The fact that he swears she was never there but there is evidence to the contrary seals it up for me.

I thought as soon as the alternate was named to replace the ill juror, they were sent to the hotel. I didn't realize they went back into deliberations with the new juror last night. Thanks.

They were in the room for maybe 15 minutes with new juror before they called them back in to send them to a hotel.

Slightly off-topic but my kid fractured his arm at football practice this morning and we've been dealing with that. Waiting to get in to the ortho now. So I have that chaos AND waiting for the verdict to come back. Argh, stress!

They were in the room for maybe 15 minutes with new juror before they called them back in to send them to a hotel.

Was there any general feeling on what the length of deliberation means to the prosecution? I would think the longer the jury is out the better it is for the defense. But honestly have no clue.

And how was the family holding up?

I don't think they went back to deliberate after the sick juror was replaced, everyone stayed in the courtroom and judge made arrangements for the hotel, according to tweets.

ETA:

From above:

Thanks TCMom, I didn't recall seeing a tweet stating the jury went back to deliberate.

Respectfully BBM.
DNA was CM but was not proven HOW it got there. Det Busby answer on cross when said that CM did not have to have been in trunk for the DNA to be there.

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 3m3 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Gore asks whether a person needs to be present for DNA to be there. Busby concedes it does not. #arochitrial http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...pping-5-Verdict-Watch&p=12816858#post12816858

Defense didn't have to prove anything. State had to prove their charges beyond a reasonable doubt.

I don't think any of us can fathom what the jury is thinking or how the case presented is perceived by them. We all have a very different perspective because we have followed the case here, read a lot of MSM, watched video documentation, heard speculation, conflicting reports, hearsay and rumor. In the end I think a lot comes down to how the jury internalizes the crime and evidence, what their private trust is of law enforcement, their impression of the lawyers, and finally their gut feeling when sizing up Arochi. The DNA+missing Christina is the one element I think takes root in the subconcious, but of course that is just a guess because it is just impossible to know for now.

If she left with him willingly and exited his car of her own volition, then there is no need for him to lie about walking with her in the parking garage, or lie about the damage to his car, or lie about his injuries. And who would hold onto those lies and take the chances of being convicted for AK if you had a reasonable explanation for it all? To me, his lies have been some of the most damning evidence the prosecution has.

Was there any general feeling on what the length of deliberation means to the prosecution? I would think the longer the jury is out the better it is for the defense. But honestly have no clue.

And how was the family holding up?

Prosecution was certain it would take overnight at least. That was right after the jury first got the case. They weren't surprised at all.

Family was holding up well. LOTS of supporters stayed til the bitter end last night. They (incl family) were laughing and joking outside the courtroom where we were sent to wait. Most of Team Christina never knew her but have fallen in love with their family. They have a wonderful support system. ❤️

I don't think they went back to deliberate after the sick juror was replaced, everyone stayed in the courtroom and judge made arrangements for the hotel, according to tweets.

ETA:

From above:

Thanks TCMom, I didn't recall seeing a tweet stating the jury went back to deliberate.

A tweet may not have been sent, but I did "all rise" a number of times because of it. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste