GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why? Bc this is a discussion form open to different beliefs and opinions. I have read countless articles and read biased opinions. Let's have an adult conversation and dispute the facts.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ben3000,

That's the problem. Facts cannot be disputed. They are always objective whereas opinions are subjective. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their facts. Facts cannot be possessed or owned by any one person; they are freely available to anyone who chooses to see them. They can, in fact, be shared by all. Facts do not lend themselves to be held up and disproven, or disputed, when compared to a theory. The theory has to fit the facts, it is never the other way around. It would be a waste of collective energy and disrespectful of the intelligence held by too many people here to embark on a pathway to prove an opinion wrong. Once one has chosen to posses it (opinion); I, nor can anyone else, convince them to set it down. That is a personal choice.
The words you use in your requests (be an adult, have openess, avoid biased opinions) are very reasonable, but it seems like the expectation for a foum to deliver to you a changed mind are not consistent with those very mature words. Several people have responded to you, in varyng degrees of helpfulness, but only those that appear to agree with you seem to resonate. If you want to have an adult conversation, which unfortunately does invovle discourse, then recognize the truth for what it is: a fact. To ask anyone to convince you of the facts is asking the impossible. Either you see them, or you choose to not. I mean no disrespect and I hope we can all agree to disagree and move in a consistent step forward so as to grant CM and her family the dignity they all deserve.

Hey guys, we've conversed on this case for a long time. I've enjoyed the discussion, offering help where I can, and I think of many if not most of you who have been concerned about CM and her justice for so long as friends, even though I don't know you except by your screen names. Many of you I've thanked personally, and I trust you know who you are. Thanks for the contributions you have made, even those who in the beginning debated me over where this case was going and whether they had the evidence they needed. We got it right long before the jury did, when we focused on IN HIS TRUNK, didn't we? That's a credit to you guys as well as to me, for making me focus on what really mattered.

It feels good, knowing the guy who did this is behind bars doing hard-time where he can't ever act again, and where he might find out what it's like to be the girl in strangulation sex, but I know I should be doing more productive things instead of continuing to bask in and revel over the outcome. With trial over and nothing to help with anymore, I'm just wasting time dog-piling on the scummy person that did this heinous act. (That's not an admonishment to anyone else in the least, but only about me.)

Justice has won here, and now all that's left is for our girl to be found. I'm still available via PM to anyone who has questions, but I need to leave the discussion here to the rest of you to enjoy.

Peace to all of you, and keep the faith. :wave::wave:

SS

SteveS, you are a damn good advocate for CM. You are, were, and always will be appreciated. I hope you change your mind one day and return. I know I'm not alone in that thought.

For what it's worth I believe SteveS is often in the Holly Bobo thread, another case which will hopefully go to trial next year(not holding my breath) but would love to see a lot of y'all who posted here in that thread as well.

This will be my last post on this forum.

It has been a great experience discussing this case with most of you fine people. I have never really followed a case in detail like this, but for some reason I was deeply touched by Christina Morris & her family. From the first time I heard about a young lady missing from Plano, it grabbed my attention. I don't live there, but I'm close by. Secondly (as some of you may remember) I have a daughter a few years older than CM, with a birthday 1 day earlier. My daughters name is Christina Marie. I have no more pertinent information or thoughts to add and I don't want to argue about proven facts of the case. I hope that one day we will hear the news that Christina Morris has been located, so her family & friends can have some form of closure.

I wish you all well and I thank you for the respect shown to me. Peace out, y'all....

This will be my last post on this forum.

It has been a great experience discussing this case with most of you fine people. I have never really followed a case in detail like this, but for some reason I was deeply touched by Christina Morris & her family. From the first time I heard about a young lady missing from Plano, it grabbed my attention. I don't live there, but I'm close by. Secondly (as some of you may remember) I have a daughter a few years older than CM, with a birthday 1 day earlier. My daughters name is Christina Marie. I have no more pertinent information or thoughts to add and I don't want to argue about proven facts of the case. I hope that one day we will hear the news that Christina Morris has been located, so her family & friends can have some form of closure.

I wish you all well and I thank you for the respect shown to me. Peace out, y'all....

Zippix, it's been an honor. You have always been wise and respectful, and you seem like a genuinely good hearted person. Thank you for being a voice of reason and support. You are one of a kind!

SteveS and Zippixx - both of you have been AWESOME to "work" with. It's been a long and hard two years hasn't it? Too many excellent sleuthers to name, I've made a few internet friends because of this (catpatrol and gigglingtoes and another member that I am FB friends with and can't even remember her screen name here, Lol). But thanks to all of you for your contributions. Now that justice is served I'm going to step back from this thread too and try to make time in my life to get back out to Allen to help search. That's the remaining important thing here - #FindChristina!

I'll still be on WS, not sure what case I'll jump to next. Maybe Jackie Vandagriff. I usually stick with local stuff or child victims. That's what affects me the most.

See you guys around! Especially when we find Christina! [emoji171]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@vlwigg do you know what prison they are going to send him to

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg Sep 30
.@xxxxxx That won't be decided until later. It's possible he stays in Collin County until after Dec. trial #arochitrial

@vlwigg So what happens in EA sex with a minor case in December? #ArochiTrial

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg Sep 30
.@xxxx Right now that case is still set to go to trial Dec. 5. It is a totally separate case. #arochitrial

@vlwigg will it be the same judge? Or have they even decided that uet5?

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg Sep 30
.@xxxxx Yes, that case has also been assigned to Judge Rusch. A visiting judge could also hear case. Stay tuned #arochitrial

@vlwigg Ok, I didn't know how it worked with getting a life sentence.

.@XXXX It's up to attorneys how to proceed. It could get delayed, they could try to get 2nd conviction to stack on top #arochitrial

@vlwigg Yeah that's what I was wondering. Since he's already got life, could they increase his parole or take parole away completely.

.@xxxx If sentences get stacked, 1st one must be served in entirety (no parole) before he starts to serve 2nd one. #arochitrial

@vlwigg so he would have to serve the 60 years first and then whatever he gets for the other charge?

.@xxxx Only if a 2nd conviction and only if judge decides to stack them. He could have them served at same time #arochitrial

SteveS and Zippixx - both of you have been AWESOME to "work" with. It's been a long and hard two years hasn't it? Too many excellent sleuthers to name, I've made a few internet friends because of this (catpatrol and gigglingtoes and another member that I am FB friends with and can't even remember her screen name here, Lol). But thanks to all of you for your contributions. Now that justice is served I'm going to step back from this thread too and try to make time in my life to get back out to Allen to help search. That's the remaining important thing here - #FindChristina!

I'll still be on WS, not sure what case I'll jump to next. Maybe Jackie Vandagriff. I usually stick with local stuff or child victims. That's what affects me the most.

See you guys around! Especially when we find Christina! [emoji171]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to see you all leave the discussion but totally understand that you have lifes that need to be lived, thank you all for your time, I know Christina's family and friends must be very grateful for all your efforts.

Best wishes for the future, maybe I'll see you posting again on another case. I'm following a couple of UK missing people and one in Australia and I hope they are all found safe and well.

Thank you! I do still read.

His family does still visit him and they have the entire time they just, for some reason do not show up for hearings, nor did they attend one day of trial. l was there every second of trial, none of them were there except his uncle.

Have just spent two hours trying to get my kindle to load to reply grr. I'm so glad he's facing a lengthy sentence, sure hope it's not the 30 years before parole. Had very wet eyes reading the impact statements, her parents ♡

Christina brought me to read Websleuths after a Google on someone in the UK led me to this forum.

Jmom (and Carlton if you still read along), much love to you both. You guys have been amazing friends to the morris family.

I wonder if EA's family will visit him now?

Deviant *advertiser censored* does not = sexual predator. Deviant *advertiser censored* = weird fetish. Last I checked deviant *advertiser censored* was not illegal.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Which is why it wasn't used in trial, but in the sentencing.... It had no bearing in the guilt/innocent phase for the jury.

You all are wonderful.

For now over 2 years we watched, searched, sleuthed and paid attention to every detail. We hung on with Jonni, some of us faar away (me). But we cared and still do.

So after the verdict I see new members join in and try to derail the actual verdict with other theories. I even saw a post something like "we're getting no where with this case".

OH YES we are. there was a verdict. Life in prison. That's not getting no where Jonni. That's getting some where and It's only a start.

There will be the automatic appeals, the parole hearings, (good luck Henry) and the inevitable family and friends rallying for the criminal. None of it will matter. Where were they in the process. Some kind of strategy no doubt. Some kind of tragedy IMO.

When she is finally legally declared deceased, IMO that is when the DP can begin. (sorry aabout this) .

Will he give it up then? Not with that smirk. He is a classic sociopath. He thinks he's holding an ace up his sleeve. Don't put any eggs in that basket.

For the noobs who want to defend him - where were you in his trial?

For those who didn't follow the facts and only followed tweets as if that is a trial - you lacked understanding and knowledge. You missed what we knew and what the jury found out and ALSO that THEY even got to know more than us!

And they decided for the State.

I too am out. . Out.

Unless the discussion is geared toward Christina's return, I will not play in to any discussion of rehashing Arochi's guilt.

If there is a separate trial thread I may. +

But not on Christina's thread. It's disrespectful to Christina, IMO

I won't even read it. The title of the thread says GUILTY.

Anyone can make a new thread. And call it anything they like. (within the guidelines, LOL)

:loveyou:

http://cijspub.co.collin.tx.us/

The State of Texas vs. Enrique Gutierrez Arochi

09/30/2016 Trial Court Certification of Defendant's Right of Appeal
10/04/2016 Discovery Acknowledgement
10/06/2016 Deputy Reporter Statement
10/06/2016 Bill of Cost
10/07/2016 Motion
Motion For New Trial

10/06/2016 Bill of Cost
10/07/2016 Motion
Motion For New Trial
And so it begins.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wait, what? LOL sounds like a story EA would tell. He believes that if you don't have the facts that help you, just make something up and hope no one double-checks.

As to your repeated statement that Smith lied - no, that wasn't what the tweeted testimony said at all.

There are indeed many tweets (at least 9, by my count) that tell us of testimony that EA lied to Smith about his age, which you didn't mention of course. (EA knew he was a sex criminal, at that time. His intentional lies make that clear, that he knew the law about ages and sex. He lied on both ends of the equation, to her and her parents about his age telling them he was 19 which would make it legal, and to his parents about her age telling them she was 17 which would make it legal, so no one would know what he clearly knew and tried to hide from everyone - he was a 22-year old having illegal sex with a 16-year old teenager. His lies to all show he knew it was illegal, but no one else did, because he hid the truth of their relative ages. And of course, in December, it will be an another easy case for the state to win.)

But no tweets that she lied. She was lied to. Not lying. Here are ALL the age-related tweets you posted in this forum that I can find, from yesterday's testimony.
(PS - You condone and excuse EA's behavior over and over, so below I have added tweets from the same context, so you can see your boy in all his splendor doing his thing that sadly led him to CM, abusing and preying on women)

Respectfully snipped for brevity

BBM-Hi steve, had a lot going on so haven't been back since I posted. But THIS is what I was referring to in my post about SSDD. Thanks for posting this.

09/30/2016 General Docket Entry
Trial Continues, punishment phase. Parties present/ready; Opening Statements, Stae's case in chief; State rests, Defense Rests; Bot close. Arguement; Sentece: Life in TDCJID; Victim impact, Sentence imposed; Credit for backtime (12/13/14-09/30/16. MJR
10/06/2016 Bill of Cost
10/07/2016 Motion
Motion For New Trial http://cijspub.co.collin.tx.us/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=1387104

10/06/2016 Bill of Cost
10/07/2016 Motion
Motion For New Trial

In case anyone is wondering, I'll add a note as I stop by, on the latest developments
1 The "Motion for New Trial" is almost certainly website shorthand for what was filed with the appeals court. The potential merits (or lack of same) of that appeal have already been well discussed here, and it will take a couple of years to run its course.
2 The Sexual Assault charge will not be tried. Since he's already locked up for life, the county has decided to use their limited resources elsewhere, so that case was dismissed today.
3 For what it's worth, that means Arochi is on the way to hard time prison where there's now no reason for him to ever get out. Now no upcoming Christmas-time break for a trial back home, no getting to be in the relative comfort of a courtroom and a county jail back in Collin County. Hard time for life.

09/30/2016 General Docket Entry
Trial Continues, punishment phase. Parties present/ready; Opening Statements, Stae's case in chief; State rests, Defense Rests; Bot close. Arguement; Sentece: Life in TDCJID; Victim impact, Sentence imposed; Credit for backtime (12/13/14-09/30/16. MJR
10/06/2016 Bill of Cost
10/07/2016 Motion
Motion For New Tria
l http://cijspub.co.collin.tx.us/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=1387104

Charge Information
Charges: Arochi Gutierrez, Enrique Statute Level Date
1. SEXUAL ASSAULT CHILD 22.011(a)(2) Second Degree Felony 11/01/2012

08/01/2016 CANCELED Jury Trial (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Rusch, Mark)
Reset
10/07/2016 Motion to Dismiss
Motion to Dismiss Prosecution
12/05/2016 CANCELED Jury Trial (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Rusch, Mark)
Order to Dismiss

http://cijspub.co.collin.tx.us/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=1387102

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79