GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #17 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone shed some light on how an attorney can get a habitual liar to tell him the truth? Seriously. I have no idea how this works and have always wondered. Because in the criminals mind, it is the truth. How do they work with these narcitsic people. (pardon my spelling. No spell chEck on this ancient ipad) thanks in advance.

Can anyone shed some light on how an attorney can get a habitual liar to tell him the truth? Seriously. I have no idea how this works and have always wondered. Because in the criminals mind, it is the truth. How do they work with these narcitsic people. (pardon my spelling. No spell chEck on this ancient ipad) thanks in advance.

Good Lord knows I am not an expert however, I think/believe that information would be attorney/ client privilege- and probably never known by us common peeps.
Off topic: my family always say I am like a detective and am like a dog with a bone when it comes to the truth(won't give up....) I would not make the best defense attorney in the world.lol

Defense attorneys work under the presumption their client is innocent. I believe they don't want to know the truth. Remember they don't have to prove their client is innocent, they just have to prove a reasonable doubt.

I have no special knowledge about this, however it did make me think about eye contact and lying. I have heard that you can catch a liar in the act by the direction of their eyes. Looking down and to the right means they could be lying, looking up and to the left means they are likely telling the truth.

I re-watched EA's interview with CBS11, and guess which way his eyes move (when he doesn't have that creepy stare)? Yup, down and to the right.

Also, something he said in the interview with CW33 doesn't sit right with me. He said his first thought when he found out she was missing was "I hope she comes back." IDK, maybe its just me, but that doesn't sound right.

All JMO. Fingers crossed for a break in the case tomorrow!! Can't stop, won't stop!

Defense attorneys work under the presumption their client is innocent. I believe they don't want to know the truth. Remember they don't have to prove their client is innocent, they just have to prove a reasonable doubt.

I think maybe getn2bottom meant prosecutor? Correct me if I'm wrong!

But I agree with you Mikayoyo, the defense attorneys probably work better if they don't know the whole story.

I have no special knowledge about this, however it did make me think about eye contact and lying. I have heard that you can catch a liar in the act by the direction of their eyes. Looking down and to the right means they could be lying, looking up and to the left means they are likely telling the truth.

I re-watched EA's interview with CBS11, and guess which way his eyes move (when he doesn't have that creepy stare)? Yup, down and to the right.

Also, something he said in the interview with CW33 doesn't sit right with me. He said his first thought when he found out she was missing was "I hope she comes back." IDK, maybe its just me, but that doesn't sound right.

All JMO. Fingers crossed for a break in the case tomorrow!! Can't stop, won't stop!
There is new info disputing the former eye direction re deception indicators. If I have time I will find the link. Iirc, it was an FBI study. There is no correlation.

There is new info about the eye direction re deception. If I have time I will find the link. Iirc, it was an FBI study.

This is a MYTH. (This= direction of eye movement being an indicator of deception/lying)

Also, does anyone know if EA was on the 121 tollway and EXITED via the Custer Rd exit, or did he take the service road and ENTER the 121 tollway at the Custer Rd entrance? (I live off of Custer Rd and know the area EXTREMELY well- I don't understand why they haven't been searching around here?!)

This is a MYTH. (This= direction of eye movement being an indicator of deception/lying)

I agree. That's what I meant by "new info." I should have stated it more clearly. :) I edited for clarification.

Also, does anyone know if EA was on the 121 tollway and EXITED via the Custer Rd exit, or did he take the service road and ENTER the 121 tollway at the Custer Rd entrance? (I live off of Custer Rd and know the area EXTREMELY well- I don't understand why they haven't been searching around here?!)

I believe it was one of the VI's (Carltondance?) that explained that Custer Rd was a large group of toll booths and there were no more after that point. Based on the toll road there are no more cameras after that point. Of course, if LE got some videos from other sources - stop lights, businesses, etc. - they are not saying. Yet.

I believe it was one of the VI's (Carltondance?) that explained that Custer Rd was a large group of toll booths and there were no more after that point. Based on the toll road there are no more cameras after that point. Of course, if LE got some videos from other sources - stop lights, businesses, etc. - they are not saying. Yet.
Well I hope it wasn't from a VI- because none of that is correct [modsnip]
Custer Rd is a typical exit off of a highway- there are cams at every toll entrance and exit, though not every exit off of 121 has an entrance and exit (i.e you may be able to exit off 121 at a particular road, but the closest entrance onto 121 may be a mile or two farther down - or vice versa)
Custer Rd has BOTH.

Has there been a search in Craig's Ranch (about 1/3 of a mile from the Custer Rd/121 intersection)?
That place is a ghost town with tons of secluded areas and nooks throughout.

***also, just so there is no confusion- Hwy 121 and Sam Rayburn Tollway are used synonymously- however, technically 121 is the original service road, and the SRT is the elevated, newer 6-lane tollway that runs parallel

We cannot discuss search areas. I will pass your posts on though so that the search team is aware of your concern for this area.

Has there been a search in Craig's Ranch (about 1/3 of a mile from the Custer Rd/121 intersection)?
That place is a ghost town with tons of secluded areas and nooks throughout.

***also, just so there is no confusion- Hwy 121 and Sam Rayburn Tollway are used synonymously- however, technically 121 is the original service road, and the SRT is the elevated, newer 6-lane tollway that runs parallel

Being that is is suppose to warm a bit this coming weekend, are there more searches going to be conducted and how does one like myself volnuteer to help search?

thanks in adavance

You can go to the HFCM FB page there is info there for you. Make sure to bring your ID as you have to present it to help. We are happy for the help we can get.

Being that is is suppose to warm a bit this coming weekend, are there more searches going to be conducted and how does one like myself volnuteer to help search?

thanks in adavance

Thanks for the info and sorry for the mispellings . It's Monday and work comes early for me.
You can go to the HFCM FB page there is info there for you. Make sure to bring your ID as you have to present it to help. We are happy for the help we can get.

Also regarding the toll pic/verification- didn't LE say it was 11 minutes between the time EA was seen in the garage footage to the time he was caught by the toll cam? Was it the toll cam at Custer Rd? (meaning he left SOL and got to. Custer in 11 min- which is totally possible at that time of night)
I don't understand why LE hasn't nailed this down, this is crucial for us civi's to help search for her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member