GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Transients in Los Angeles and surrounding areas have been known to sleep in the stairwells of parking structures. They aren't waiting around, per say, but there are some not so nice people on the streets some nights. (I've encountered a few.)

Ah I didn't know that, thanks for the info:) x

I don't think a stranger took her. I just can't imagine a stranger hanging around a near enough empty parking garage at 4am on the chance that the driver of one of the few cars still parked there at that time would be a female walking back to her car, alone. Unless he was lurking around for ages waiting for a victim. Wouldn't someone have spotted someone acting strangely though if they was lurking around a parking garage lot for a long length of time? Again, JMO

Yes, I think especially someone acting strangely in Plano, Texas would not go unnoticed. I don't see evil lurking around that long in the shadows necessarily. It would be nice to know what time the guy departed the parking garage. Could they still be looking for surrounding surveillance footage that would have captured him on another camera to verify his story???

This is JUST a question..not an accusation or speculation of any kind..
Do we know if she was into drugs?
Disappeared for days,
Gone for 2+ hours after the bar closed, before appearing and disappearing
She is 5'4" and 95 pounds!
Out and about at all hours of the night/morning

She was at a friends apartment after the bars had closed until 4am.

This is JUST a question..not an accusation or speculation of any kind..
Do we know if she was into drugs?
Disappeared for days,
Gone for 2+ hours after the bar closed, before appearing and disappearing
She is 5'4" and 95 pounds!
Out and about at all hours of the night/morning

There was a young lady posting from that area who posted several times on a Dallas news station's Facebook post about Christina. She said over and over that she was an heroin addict. If that's the case, then disappearance is common among users.

SMU campus is in University Park - no where near Plano. Was this at a satellite campus??

Right but someone asked if there was any rapes lately. I said at SMU campus. I was suggesting that the SMU is somewhere where you would find college girls as well as the bars in Plano.. Personally plano isn't that far from SMU .. What thirty-40mins? I think the dfw is pretty close as you can get anywhere in the metroplex in less than an hour. I just don't think they should rule it out because that 15 year old that got raped was walking to a relatives house at 4:30.. I'm not sure why she thought that was safe or, the best thing to do.

So lets say she was in fact supposed to stay with friends that night.... who are these friends.. do they live within walking distance of the Shops@legacy? Could she have been going to her car to get things only to walk to a close by friends house. She did not look like she had keys in her hand as if ready to get in her car and go...? If you are planning on staying at a friends house, I would think after a night out she would not carry her toiletries etc with her around the bars and party. Maybe she was planning on staying at a friends nearby because she knew she would be drinking.

Hey all. I've been lurking around, but needed to add a question to the mix..

Who says the person responsible (assuming this was involuntary) is a man? IF her boyfriend was less than faithful, I wouldn't rule out a female 'heart to heart'. People tend to post their every move on facebook, so locating someone is easier than ever.

I totally thought this last night. Good thought.

So lets say she was in fact supposed to stay with friends that night.... who are these friends.. do they live within walking distance of the Shops@legacy? Could she have been going to her car to get things only to walk to a close by friends house. She did not look like she had keys in her hand as if ready to get in her car and go...? If you are planning on staying at a friends house, I would think after a night out she would not carry her toiletries etc with her around the bars and party. Maybe she was planning on staying at a friends nearby because she knew she would be drinking.

If she was planning to stay at her friends apartment where she went after the bar then yes, the apartment complex is AT the Shops of Legacy and a really, really short walk from the parking garage.

Right but someone asked if there was any rapes lately. I said at SMU campus. I was suggesting that the SMU is somewhere where you would find college girls as well as the bars in Plano.. Personally plano isn't that far from SMU .. What thirty-40mins? I think the dfw is pretty close as you can get anywhere in the metroplex in less than an hour. I just don't think they should rule it out because that 15 year old that got raped was walking to a relatives house at 4:30.. I'm not sure why she thought that was safe or, the best thing to do.

That is what I love about the Dallas area. You can get everywhere very quickly and there are several ways to travel to the same place. jmo

To answer your first question, she was at a friends apartment at a party. They must have either gone back to the friends apartment after the bars had closed or they'd been there all night.

I believe the initial reports were that they were at a restaurant/bar until about 2:30 AM when her (and I'm assuming a group of her friends?) walked back to her friends apartment. Sometime around 4AM she left the apartment to head to the parking garage, where she was last seen.

As someone that went to SMU for a semester (and lived in University Park) while working in Plano (right off Legacy and DNT) - I find the 2 areas to be unrelated. Walking around University Park at 4am is TOTALLY different from 4am at The Shops.

University Park, while also affluent (old money), has sketchy areas in/around it. It's very close to downtown. Plano is not like it at all.

ETA: I wouldn't be afraid to walk/jog around The Shops (lived there too) at 4am. Would I have done the same at my old apt at Univ Park? HELL NO.

#3 photo is very telling, to me. Christina looks as if she doesn't even know her picture is being taken. She's deep in thought as in "have I lost him?"

To me it looks like a typical FB picture. Someone doing a selfie. I could be way off the grid.

I'm thinking taken by someone who was hanging around the parking garage in hopes of getting a victim.

JMO.

Not the place to be hanging out waiting to abduct someone - police substation feet away in the parking garage....

Hmmmm wonder who was manning the substation at that time?

The substation is much closer that the apartments are.

My son worked for a year at Pepper Smash right there at the entrance to the garage before he went to college - would get off at like 2:30 - 3:00 in the morning.

More like 15 min barring traffic, not too far at all.

#3 photo is very telling, to me. Christina looks as if she doesn't even know her picture is being taken. She's deep in thought as in "have I lost him?"

Does the finger to the mouth mean anything? I have no idea.

Things that don't compute for me:

Bars all close at 2:00 a.m. Why was it she was last seen at 4:00 a.m.? Where was she those two hours?
If her plan was to leave and come back to her friends, why were they not concerned when she did not show up?
Why was there no concern by anyone when she was gone four days and no one heard from her?
Why has there been no mention of interviewing the "friends" she was with that night? Has there been info released and I have missed it?

Just a few things that don't make sense to or that I wonder about. jmo

She was at her friends apartment who is in the shops as well. That's where she was leaving from.

More like 15 min barring traffic, not too far at all.

Used to drive this daily - on the DNT, it would take me 30min to get from Lovers/Mockingbird to Legacy/Headquarters. That is during morning/evening traffic. Late at night, definitely faster.

ETA: While it sounds "close" when you hear 15-20min...this is 15-20min of highway speed (70mph on the conservative end). It's not around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee