GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #20 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry - I have gone back several pages and cannot find Mountaingazer's original post about phones pinging when shut off. I never knew that. I have always thought (just from following criminal cases) that if a phone is turned off, that it doesn't ping. That is really good to know.

Yes, I posted that in the very beginning---- it's like creating the perfect sociopathic set-up. For example, the Sociopath sneakily takes a person's keys...Sociopath then gets to play knight-in-shining-armor & offers the person a ride. A perfect ruse! Now he has her contained in his car.

The scary part is when the keys suddenly fall out of the pocket of the Sociopath as he is driving, for instance!
It would certainly provoke outrage & shock!! She suddenly realizes the ruse & goes ballistic.

And in the end, sicko Sociopath thinks it's everybody else's fault. 'Cause that's how they roll...always.

Just my theory...

Moo

Was it ever confirmed that the keys were found? I can't remember if the VIs stated that they were or they weren't, or that was information they could not release.

I'm sorry - I have gone back several pages and cannot find Mountaingazer's original post about phones pinging when shut off. I never knew that. I have always thought (just from following criminal cases) that if a phone is turned off, that it doesn't ping. That is really good to know.

I think the original post was deleted. They said that a phone sends a different signal to the cell tower when it is shut down vs when it dies from low battery.

Oh I think you misunderstood, I meant the phone sends one kind of ping or message that says "hey my user is shutting me down now" and a different kind of ping that says "hey my battery is about to die, so I am shutting myself down". They can even tell if a battery was pulled or the phone destroyed because there would be no final ping message.

That being said there are some apps and some malware that can make a phone ping even if it has been turned off by the user as long as there is still a battery. Those find my phone apps are a good example. I use one that can force my phone to ping for two minutes at a time even when it is turned off, so if it is ever stolen I can locate it even if the thief turns it off.

Yes, I posted that in the very beginning---- it's like creating the perfect sociopathic set-up. For example, the Sociopath sneakily takes a person's keys...Sociopath then gets to play knight-in-shining-armor & offers the person a ride. A perfect ruse!
Just my theory...

Moo
Ooops Sorry. Im on a new tablet and messed up your quote.
I agree about the keys. It is fishy to me too and I wondered if someone at the party took her key/s.... not EA necessarily. Do we know for sure who exactly was at the apartment and the times they arrived and left?

I can't find the post handy either, but I agree that mountaingazer made a great point. I think many things about the advanced techy tech of devices these days are not common knowledge... which is good for LE. The more clues and more trail, the better.

Edit to add:
just now saw your info a couple of posts above, mountaingazer.

Oh I think you misunderstood, I meant the phone sends one kind of ping or message that says "hey my user is shutting me down now" and a different kind of ping that says "hey my battery is about to die, so I am shutting myself down". They can even tell if a battery was pulled or the phone destroyed because there would be no final ping message.

That being said there are some apps and some malware that can make a phone ping even if it has been turned off by the user as long as there is still a battery. Those find my phone apps are a good example. I use one that can force my phone to ping for two minutes at a time even when it is turned off, so if it is ever stolen I can locate it even if the thief turns it off.

Oh okay - see I knew I shouldn't try to understand this lol! All I know is when my little bars indicate it needs charged. Thanks for all the information and I really like that app you mentioned about if it is stolen.

Originally, Christina was supposed to spend the night. Then that changed. (One of the VI's - Carltondance, I believe - stated that they strongly suspected that she was not feeling good.) With her disappearance, witnesses (those at the party?) being too scared to talk, it makes me wonder why she changed mind and whether that is piece to the puzzle. OK, maybe it has nothing to do with Christina's being missing, but someone needs to speak up.

The fact that something may have happened or an argument ensued at the party that caused Christina to change her mind. Now having changed her mind she finds herself in a condition where she is not comfortable driving - maybe she just finished a drink - and EA offers to drive her or talks her into riding with him instead of driving while walking to the garage. Then whatever caused her to leave comes up again in the car. And the argument gets out of hand. (I still strongly suspect the motive involved sex, though.)

Some of these witnesses need to step up. Nothing may have happened. She may have just simply changed her mind. But they need to clear this part up.

If I remember what carlton hinted at was that the reason Christina changed clothes was that she wasn't well (I took that to mean she'd vomited on her clothes, I might be wrong of course).

I'm still finding it difficult to see how some of the drug related scenarios would play out. It might just be me being naive or just that here in England we don't have the same kind of drug scene as in TX but the whole thought of someone being passed around as some kind of pawn in a drugs deal or deals is totally alien to me and seems like it would require the kind of planning that doesn't appear to have been at play here.

For this to be the case EA would have had to have known that Christina would be at the party (we do know it was pre-palnned so possible) and to have been in a transaction where she was somehow of value to someone else (higher up in the drugs chain?) and to have been able to engineer a situation where he could "deliver" her to the higher up person.

It reads like a film script to me, maybe when PB said that drugs were involved she meant that the people there that night were all on drugs and some kind of accident occurred that they don't want to admit to because it would involve admitting other criminal behaviour.

JMO

Thinking further about EA turning his phone off, this suggests to me that he knew what he was doing (not impaired by alcohol or drugs), I wonder how many people would be thinking about being tracked by their phone if they find themsleves in trouble?

Thinking further about EA turning his phone off, this suggests to me that he knew what he was doing (not impaired by alcohol or drugs), I wonder how many people would be thinking about being tracked by their phone if they find themsleves in trouble?

That's a very good point. As is everything in your post before about it all being orchestrated. IMO EA is hands down the main guilty party and the reason why Christina is missing. I just can't figure out why and what happened. MOO

good point.... I don't think the first thing on my mind would be, "I should turn off my phone in case something goes bad and they trace it on my stolen phone".... but that is just my opinion. At that time of morning you could possibly get to the gantry in less time, and speeding (do we really think he follows the speed limit)... heck, I found myself going with traffic the other day right before rush hour on same stretch and looked down and I was going 80mph in my minivan (shocker it didn't blow up). Anyhow, it's hard to think what happened, happened in the short time from when he left and past under that gantry... even if he had all the time, and it took no time to travel, it's just not enough time. Unless..... he gave her something or in someway knocked her out..... that is the only quick thing I could think of..... or if he did hand her off, I just don't buy that because of everything else, but I guess anything is possible. TODAY, Let Christina be reunited with her family and loved ones!!

Just kinda thinking out loud here: given that EA worked at Sprint, he may have had more knowledge about phone tracking and pings than the average person. On the other hand, he did have to have someone else help him clear his phone so maybe I'm giving him too much credit. That being said, I can't think of many reasons that EA would have turned his phone off at that particular time other than to fly under the radar. I don't buy into the idea that drug dealers regularly turn off their phone before a deal.

O/T - Is anyone listening to the serial podcast? I always think of Christina's case when I listen to it. The whole timeline of 11 minutes to Custer toll gantry and phone being turned off somewhere around that time really leaves a short window for EA to have harmed Christina (if we're assuming he turned the phone off after something bad occured). To me, it doesn't quite add up. I'd think it would be pretty hard to drive on a highway while harming someone but leave little evidence of an altercation. Unless someone else was in the car waiting?

good point.... I don't think the first thing on my mind would be, "I should turn off my phone in case something goes bad and they trace it on my stolen phone".... but that is just my opinion. At that time of morning you could possibly get to the gantry in less time, and speeding (do we really think he follows the speed limit)... heck, I found myself going with traffic the other day right before rush hour on same stretch and looked down and I was going 80mph in my minivan (shocker it didn't blow up). Anyhow, it's hard to think what happened, happened in the short time from when he left and past under that gantry... even if he had all the time, and it took no time to travel, it's just not enough time. Unless..... he gave her something or in someway knocked her out..... that is the only quick thing I could think of..... or if he did hand her off, I just don't buy that because of everything else, but I guess anything is possible. TODAY, Let Christina be reunited with her family and loved ones!!

According to Google Maps (if I remember correctly). it should be a 9 minute drive from Shops to 121 & Custer... he drove it in 11 min.. so it looks like he was doing the speed limit (didn't want to get pulled over!)...

Just kinda thinking out loud here: given that EA worked at Sprint, he may have had more knowledge about phone tracking and pings than the average person. On the other hand, he did have to have someone else help him clear his phone so maybe I'm giving him too much credit. That being said, I can't think of many reasons that EA would have turned his phone off at that particular time other than to fly under the radar. I don't buy into the idea that drug dealers regularly turn off their phone before a deal.

O/T - Is anyone listening to the serial podcast? I always think of Christina's case when I listen to it. The whole timeline of 11 minutes to Custer toll gantry and phone being turned off somewhere around that time really leaves a short window for EA to have harmed Christina (if we're assuming he turned the phone off after something bad occured). To me, it doesn't quite add up. I'd think it would be pretty hard to drive on a highway while harming someone but leave little evidence of an altercation. Unless someone else was in the car waiting?

1 - remind me about having someone help him wipe his phone clean? I kinda remember something about that being mentioned, but there's been so much out there my pea brain is full.
2 - Can't imagine someone being in the car that time of morning. My best guess and it's just that is he knew he was going to do something to her, take her somewhere he didn't want anyone to know about. MOO

1 - remind me about having someone help him wipe his phone clean? I kinda remember something about that being mentioned, but there's been so much out there my pea brain is full.
2 - Can't imagine someone being in the car that time of morning. My best guess and it's just that is he knew he was going to do something to her, take her somewhere he didn't want anyone to know about. MOO

A VI said that about having someone help him wipe it clean. Let me search and see if I can find the discussion.

A VI said that about having someone help him wipe it clean. Let me search and see if I can find the discussion.

Okay right. I remember that now. I think someone thru out a name, too. Carlton, maybe?

I am wondering if the drug involvement that the PI mentioned in the latest article could have simply meant that EA had used drugs that night that could have altered his state of mind or behavior and caused him to harm Christina in some way. Alcohol/Drug use that night by EA and/or others could have led up to whatever happened that night. JMO

I am wondering if the drug involvement that the PI mentioned in the latest article could have simply meant that EA had used drugs that night that could have altered his state of mind or behavior and caused him to harm Christina in some way. Alcohol/Drug use that night by EA and/or others could have led up to whatever happened that night. JMO

Great point. She did say this group liked to party or something along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState