GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #24 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Missing in America November 5th update? Does anyone see one before that date?

http://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/update-missing-america-christina-morris-n203641

I think accion came into play once the warrant came out. He's not an attorney just a guy for immigration rights or something. I don't know why the family wants an immigration organization as their spokesperson for a kidnapping charge though. Seems kind irrelevant. Maybe accion wants to grow publicity for their organization.

Everyone please let's keep the focus on Christina and her case. It doesn't matter if someone who is not connected to the actual kidnapping has a record or not.

Think about it. How would it be for you if you found yourself in a situation where you were involved in helping a friend or family member through something horrible like a kidnapping, and then one day out of the blue, your name AND your past mistakes are on the largest true crime forums in the world. Even though your past has nothing to do with the kidnapping.

Your words have power. Your words can hurt someone's heart, destroy someone's confidence, and weigh someone down so much that they don't want to get up. That's how powerful your words are on this forum or anywhere else where you post to the public.

It's easy while we sit behind our computer screens and type our thoughts under an assumed name to forget how powerful our words really are.

Don't forget. Please remember.

Tricia

Thank you for posting this Tricia. :)

I wondered a similar scenario in which he is drunk or high, walks with her to their cars, jumps in his and eager to impress in his snazzy camaro, he steps on the pedal, and reverses into her. So, an accident right? But I can't wrap my head around this guy then thinking quickly enough to then pick her up and put her in his car driving out minutes later.
It's possible. But "quick thinking" in this scenario would be administering or calling for help, don't ya think? IMO.

Not a legal eagle here, -- far from it. Will defense have full access to EA and the warrant .... and before 30 days? TIA.

I think accion came into play once the warrant came out. He's not an attorney just a guy for immigration rights or something. I don't know why the family wants an immigration organization as their spokesperson for a kidnapping charge though. Seems kind irrelevant. Maybe accion wants to grow publicity for their organization.
Founded in 2007 to help defend rights of immigrants . While at the same time advocating against drug use in young people. The organization has been around for 7 years and has 140-something likes in Facebook. Some probably due to the recent exposure from the case. Wonder who reached out to whom? Out of simple curiosity.

Really? Where does it say that again? Which post?

Wow....bringing Jonni, Christina's Mother, in to this like that is, IMO, disgusting. Guess they aren't a victim friendly organization. I really would like to know how evil they think Enrique is now? He sat in his house for 3.5 months knowing he kidnapped Christina, lying, and putting us through shear hell, and still he is silent. I wonder if they will take that post down now of Hunter or if they will put Enrique's arrest up? Seems like I would distance myself from a suspected aggravated kidnapper who has a missing woman's DNA in his vehicle after I have lied about it for months, trying to play the victim. That's just me though. And all my opinion.

JMom - look at the post on Accion America's FB page from Nov 2 that starts out with "Why are they picking on Enrique Arochi when the parents should be talking to this guy." - There's a comment from Dec 10 from Accion America on that post. Click where it says "Edited" to see what the post first said.

Really? Where does it say that again? Which post?

Wow....bringing Jonni, Christina's Mother, in to this like that is, IMO, disgusting. Guess they aren't a victim friendly organization. I really would like to know how evil they think Enrique is now? He sat in his house for 3.5 months knowing he kidnapped Christina, lying, and putting us through shear hell, and still he is silent. I wonder if they will take that post down now of Hunter or if they will put Enrique's arrest up? Seems like I would distance myself from a suspected aggravated kidnapper who has a missing woman's DNA in his vehicle after I have lied about it for months, trying to play the victim. That's just me though. And all my opinion.
December 9th post. Someone put in the comments a news link of EA arrest. AA response is in English and you can read what it says. Basically that they believe in the system and EA will have his day in court and jury will decide his faith (I think they meant fate)

I think that must have been Carlton. They have posted on their FB and Twitter about EA the entire time. And announced his attorney also when he was brought on which was super confusing to me because I thought that guy was his attorney? Trying to understand all this. It just doesn't make much sense to me at this point.

Thanks for translating. We were told by a VI that AA wanted nothing to do with him or something like that. I believe it was after the warrant. It doesn't appear to be true...to me, after their recent post and comment. But, that is just my opinion. Just my two cents.

Not a legal eagle here, -- far from it. Will defense have full access to EA and the warrant .... and before 30 days? TIA.

No, Tilley said it is sealed for 30 days, I would assume this is sealed off to everyone.

Paul Johnson, Arochi’s attorney, declined to talk about McElroy’s offer Saturday afternoon.

He also declined to comment on the arrest, saying he was waiting for copies of the arrest report and search warrant.

“We’re just processing what we’ve got now and waiting for an opportunity to review the evidence that formed the basis of the charge,” Johnson said.

Carlos Quintanilla, a spokesman for the Arochi family, said the arrest shortly after sunrise Saturday was devastating.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/headlines/20141213-kidnap-arrest-made.ece

Holy smokes have I missed a lot!! I hope this arrest leads to Christina and she gets the justice that is deserved!! Now, to catch up!!

I understand a seal for the public. I don't understand why a person who is arrested cannot see the document that has them arrested.. and by extension their atty as well.

Hmmmmm very interesting. Guess I should have researched this a little better. I just figured he was the attorney, he's not the attorney, he's the spokesman, he's not even an attorney at all stuff was nuts so I didn't think all this was really important. But if people are going to taunt the victims Mother for goodness sakes, maybe we should pay more attention? '

I am also very interested in this immigration hold thing Enrique is on. Why does it say Homeland Security on it? What does that mean?

Founded in 2007 to help defend rights of immigrators. While at the same time advocating against drug use in young people. The organization has been around for 7 years and has 140-something likes in Facebook. Some probably due to the recent exposure from the case. Wonder who reached out to whom? Out of simple curiosity.

No, Tilley said it is sealed for 30 days, I would assume this is sealed off to everyone.
Agreed. If the information is sealed because it could compromise the investigation, I wouldn't be rational to have it available to the defense attorney earlier so that he could potentially tip off someone or otherwise interfere.

I think that must have been Carlton. They have posted on their FB and Twitter about EA the entire time. And announced his attorney also when he was brought on which was super confusing to me because I thought that guy was his attorney? Trying to understand all this. It just doesn't make much sense to me at this point.

It was and I have consistently seen them discussing EA, so I was confused by the statements. Several of us were. CD was very clear that they were distancing themselves from him because of everything. It is clear, that isn't the case. I never understood their involvement, but I think AA was contacted by the family, maybe they even know them personally. But, since he has a green card (per giggling toes), he would need assistance if charged with a felony for immigration issues. I think being that this is so public and if they help him and if he is convicted, but not deported, others may come to them for help. I know they aren't attorneys, but spokespeople. I think they either know them personally or are using EA to spread their company name. If you think about, how many people knew of them before versus now? A lot more now. And if one of those people calls them when in need, it's worth it for them to help EA.

I wish they would leave Christina's family out of it.

That is what is so confusing to me is in that article, the Dateline one I posted the link to, it says he is the attorney. Also the press conference I believe he was introduced as the attorney. Then the warrant and his arrest came out then he was the spokesperson? It was just odd.

It was and I have consistently seen them discussing EA, so I was confused by the statements. Several of us were. CD was very clear that they were distancing themselves from him because of everything. It is clear, that isn't the case. I never understood their involvement, but I think AA was contacted by the family, maybe they even know them personally. But, since he has a green card (per giggling toes), he would need assistance if charged with a felony for immigration issues. I think being that this is so public and if they help him and if he is convicted, but not deported, others may come to them for help. I know they aren't attorneys, but spokespeople. I think they either know them personally or are using EA to spread their company name. If you think about, how many people knew of them before versus now? A lot more now. And if one of those people calls them when in need, it's worth it for them to help EA.

I wish they would leave Christina's family out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat