GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #25 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is the consensus?
EA hired a new attorney bc he couldn't afford PJ?
Or he hired a new attorney bc he didn't want to agree to what PJ was telling him?

Why do you think he got a new attorney?
Not because he didn't like what PJ told him...I go with that he couldn't afford him. I'd also review what Quailfoot posted yesterday. He questioned from the start whether EA had actually retained PJ despite what was reported by the press.

Is there a recording of the radio show I thought it was on at 8 and missed it

Not because he didn't like what PJ told him...I go with that he couldn't afford him. I'd also review what Quailfoot posted yesterday. He questioned from the start whether EA had actually retained PJ despite what was reported by the press.
Or reported by the "spokesperson" maybe? Maybe some initial meetings took place and his services were never actually retained.

JMO of course, but I think he couldn't afford PJ.
Also I think it's possible that he may not want to get a lawyer that is somewhat known for DP cases. Texas courts work in two phases: the first is the guilt/innocent phase and the second is the sentencing phase. I'm not sure if he would be allowed to do this (legally or if it's even possible), but he may be trying to "look" good by not hiring a DP lawyer for the guilt/innocent phase. And holding off to hire PJ until the sentencing phase.

I saw agg kidnapping case, murder of a peace officer (he ended up on death row) child *advertiser censored* tons of drug case and burglary not minor imo...and that was only the begging of keith cases too many to load and started by date...
Maybe one of those times I shoulda sat on my hands, lol

Good Post !!:goodpost:
Financial Constraints and He does Not need a DP Atty.
JMO~
I thought QP's postings were very telling and informative. I thought the terms that he/she laid out the laws, observations and procedures were spot on.

Also I think it's possible that he may not want to get a lawyer that is somewhat known for DP cases. Texas courts work in two phases: the first is the guilt/innocent phase and the second is the sentencing phase. I'm not sure if he would be allowed to do this (legally or if it's even possible), but he may be trying to "look" good by not hiring a DP lawyer for the guilt/innocent phase. And holding off to hire PJ until the sentencing phase.
I personally don't see someone swapping attorneys late in the game...JMO

Or reported by the "spokesperson" maybe? Maybe some initial meetings took place and his services were never actually retained.
I think any comments PJ made to the press about needing to see more info before making a comment were a stall tactic...he was tied up with the Williams case and waiting to see if EA came up with the retainer fee. Now I won't be surprised if Gore doesn't try to get the bond reduced.

I am guessing maybe PJ made the decision whether he wanted to take the case.

Why would PJ Tell Brittany yesterday that he is representing EA? Did he finally get some time to meet with the Arochis after Eric William's sentencing?

I personally don't see someone swapping attorneys late in the game...JMO

Yeah I definitely think it's a stretch. I'm not sure how much time happens between the two phases... I was under the impression that it may be weeks between the two phases. So, I was thinking maybe he was going to take a "wait and see" approach to needing a lawyer like PJ.

But this would be really expensive.. getting 2 different lawyers.
So yeah, unlikely.
JMO

Why would PJ Tell Brittany yesterday that he is representing EA? Did he finally get some time to meet with the Arochis after Eric William's sentencing?

I know that I've missed a lot of posts about this, so sorry if this has already been established..Was it ever confirmed that BF actually talked to PJ?

So what is the consensus?
EA hired a new attorney bc he couldn't afford PJ?
Or he hired a new attorney bc he didn't want to agree to what PJ was telling him?

Why do you think he got a new attorney?
Maybe PJ dumped him as a client for whatever reason?

I know that I've missed a lot of posts about this, so sorry if this has already been established..Was it ever confirmed that BF actually talked to PJ?

I believe someone tweeted her to clarify and she said she did speak with him.

I didn't look at all of the cases or pages. But, my first observation is that there are ALOT of minor misdemeanor cases. Looks like EA went from one of the best to 'just another attorney'. I could be proven wrong...

http://m.starlocalmedia.com/friscoe...8e4-5bdc-51cf-8707-2e10fd717192.html?mode=jqm

There's that case above that caught my attention along with the other one posted few posts up.

This from his website:

In order to charge someone with a felony offense, the prosecution must first obtain a grand jury indictment. Unless that right is affirmatively waived by the accused, a prosecution for a felony offense cannot proceed to court without a grand jury indictment. If a grand jury indicts a charge then they return what is called a "true bill" of indictment. On the other hand, if the grand jury does not indict, they return a "no-bill."*

In Texas state court, the accused can generally present information to the grand jury through the prosecutor in charge. Knowing whether and what information to present to a Texas state grand jury can make the difference between being indicted, no-billed or charged with a lesser crime.*

Keith Gore, Lawyer has obtained "no-bills" for clients charged with a broad range of felony offenses, including:

Aggravated AssaultPossession of a Controlled Substance (cocaine, methamphetamine, heroin)
Attempted Murder
Assault Family Violence (enhanced with prior convictions)
Sexual Assault
Indecency with a Child
RobberyTheft
Driving While Intoxicated 3rd Offense
Burglary of a Building
Burglary of a Habitation
Evading Arrest in a Motor Vehicle
Other violent and non-violent felony charges

That's true.. might not look good for a jury to see that you have a DP Lawyer, before the trial even starts.. that would tip the scales!

Yes she reported on it BF will follow up on it tomorrow

I honestly believe this is funds related seems fairly simple, but why lead the public on? And tell reporters you ARE representing Enrique?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003