GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #30 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could she have been a CI? I'm going to look at all these sites tomorrow. It is certainly a tangled web, so many coincidences, with HF being watched, a sting in place. Clearly EA was involved but for what purpose if not SA? Could only be drugs or money. Now I probably won't sleep good tonight. Hmm. That's just TMI to absorb right now.

Oh I agree 110%, I would love to discuss that. I tried to bring up EA earlier and it was like war war 3 broke out. So I'd love to discuss that since YES, you're right that is deff a huge issue that's going to be brought up at trial, as it is in all cases. I will happily contribute to that discussion, but I was just sending her a "warning" that its delicate around here, considering I just went through it myself.
I understand it does get heated in here but please dont let that prevent you from voiceing your opinions and providing your input on here. There are always hung jury's even if it is just one person who doesnt see that evidence is presented beyond a reasonable doubt.

We all agree on one thing here. We want Christina to be found and for her family to have peace.

YES, on this! Her DNA is hopefully somewhere besides the trunk; I still wonder about that "unknown male DNA" though - just his, maybe? If he cleaned the car that good, whose could it be? If Christina was in the trunk (or as you say, IN THE TRUNK), then who was in the passenger seat? Why else would they take the seat belt and mats? I pray the DNA is as good as I'm hoping, so far it seems like all they have to go on. Yes, the cleaning products were "newly purchased" and I'll bet they have him buying them at Home Depot or Walmart, and they have the stuff from the trash (the note being particularly telling), so more is coming. At first, I didn't lean towards this case being a SA because there were so many other hinky factors in place w/drugs, people not talking, but after reading the affidavit, LE probably has it right. Those girls knew how creepy he was once the night was coming to an end. I think he expected to get lucky that night. Yeeesh! Creeping myself out.

From my reading of the evidence and hints left by LE in the affidavits ...
1 The male DNA was his, they figure. Remember, they wanted to "search for" (ie, get a sample of, for testing) his DNA in the SW attached to the affidavit.
2 She may have left DNA lots of other places too. LE mentioned DNA in the trunk to offer reasonable proof that she was kidnapped. No need to mention 20 other places they found her DNA, if they have more.
3 I think they believe she was in the passenger seat first. Explains the meticulous cleaning, and LE's interest in the seat belt and mats there.

EA seems to be a compulsive liar which is a whole different animal, so to speak. MOO

When I read this, I thought of course of EA speaking in a Jon Lovitz type voice to LE in his initial interview re CM ...

"Yeah I had a shot, no I mean 2, no 5, no make it 10, yeah 10, that's the ticket ...and and I went to another garage, I mean I didn't see where CM parked, wait I didn't even walk her to the garage that was someone else who did that, yeah that's the ticket..."!

When I read this, I thought of course of EA speaking in a Jon Lovitz type voice to LE in his initial interview re CM ...

"Yeah I had a shot, no I mean 2, no 5, no make it 10, yeah 10, that's the ticket ...and and I went to another garage, I mean I didn't see where CM parked, wait I didn't even walk her to the garage that was someone else who did that, yeah that's the ticket..."!
Thank you for the comic relief!!! Love it.[emoji4]

Also, he didn't really talk to her that night at the get together. LOL
Too funny, you made me laugh. As I have said before, he came up with as his defense: deny, deny, deny and clean, clean, clean.

Could she have been a CI?

Doubt it. If she was, (a) LE would have been the first to know, and (b) their investigation would undoubtedly have taken a very different approach. IMO that's a total dead end.

Yep.. cc add. C as and I would vCard tur not be surprised if she is found, by someone not looking for her.. hunter... hiker...jogger... who knows when though.. unless it is a landfill, that hasn't been searched.

I pray that is the case. So hopeful it wont turn out to be a dumpster or a landfill. Bring this 23 year old young creative, cool HAPPY girl home. What a great smile she had. If she is no longer with us, I want both of her mom's and her dad to know, she has touch so many women's lives. I look back and can only say "there by the grace of God go I".

Doubt it. If she was, (a) LE would have been the first to know, and (b) their investigation would undoubtedly have taken a very different approach. IMO that's a total dead end.

Yes I hope they would have watched her more closely. She wouldn't have been kidnapped IMO.

Okay, for those who want to consider scenarios, let me pick apart one of mine aired and discussed earlier, or at least poke and prod it a bit ...

1 Here's the scenario, trying to figure out where/when EA could have been that morning before work, in the window of time to do something with CM.

EA's very pointed excuse included that it couldn't be him because he didn't have time to do anything with CM, because he was at work at 8. That was a lie, of course, which makes me believe that the "when he should have been at work" time period (the window from 7:30-ish when he would usually leave home, to before getting gas at 10:15) that he wants to obscure is the place to focus on him doing something with CM, rather than the wider 5:32 to sometime before 10:15.

If I understand correctly, the gas stop at 10:15 was around the corner from his house, so I see him (a) doing whatever from 7:30ish to 10:00-ish, (b) heading towards home and stopping for gas at 10:15, having an almost-empty tank from going who-knows-where (c) home a few minutes later to clean himself up and get ready for work, (d) then he leaves about 10:40 and heads to work, a 20 minute drive to his work where he arrived about 11.

2 It was noted in reply earlier, and I certainly agree, that the "clean up and get ready for work" could have happened before the gas stop, rather than after.

3 But either way, I have come up with an "issue" to be resolved, in using that "EA got CM out of his trunk in that lied-about time period" scenario as outlined above.

The problem I have is, EA's possible crossing paths with his parents, as he tried to keep his actions hidden. I don't believe they were complicit in the least, and in fact I believe he has hidden his movements from him. But ...

4 So first I hypothesize that, as he has said that he was at work at 8 am, it fits with him possibly playing a charade with his family. To be specific, that would mean he went home while it was dark (5:30-ish), woke his brother for an alibi, maybe then went to bed and took a quick nap, woke up to his alarm, and from his parents perspective, he got ready and went to work "as usual" to be there at 8.

That would explain the persistent claim that he was at work at 8. And it then gives a window from 7:30 to about 10:00 to get CM out of his trunk, and then be at the gas station at 10:15 and at work at 11.

5 There would then be a glitch in that, however, and it also exists in the general idea outlined in bold. It is this: if he went home to "clean up" either just before or just after 10:15, wouldn't his parents have noticed? How could he have explained his return to the house, and need to clean up, to them?

6 I have some possible answers, but don't have enough info to either narrow them down or to destroy my timeline. Again, the focus on how he hid actions from parents if he had to clean himself up, which I assume he did.
a - Maybe he cleaned up at a gym or somewhere else, not his home.
- - Although, if he wasn't going home, why would he have come back to where he did to get his gas.
b - Maybe his parents weren't there. Were they out of town that morning, or weekend?
c - Or, maybe his parents worked on Saturday and would leave at about the same time or shortly thereafter, as he did.

That's all I can come up with, so far.

I would trust that LE has examined this sort of stuff and asked these questions to ascertain family movement and limit the scenarios. But for our purposes here, whaddya think?

Okay, for those who want to consider scenarios, let me pick apart one of mine aired and discussed earlier, or at least poke and prod it a bit ...

1 Here's the scenario, trying to figure out where/when EA could have been that morning before work, in the window of time to do something with CM.

EA's very pointed excuse included that it couldn't be him because he didn't have time to do anything with CM, because he was at work at 8. That was a lie, of course, which makes me believe that the "when he should have been at work" time period (the window from 7:30-ish when he would usually leave home, to before getting gas at 10:15) that he wants to obscure is the place to focus on him doing something with CM, rather than the wider 5:32 to sometime before 10:15.

If I understand correctly, the gas stop at 10:15 was around the corner from his house, so I see him (a) doing whatever from 7:30ish to 10:00-ish, (b) heading towards home and stopping for gas at 10:15, having an almost-empty tank from going who-knows-where (c) home a few minutes later to clean himself up and get ready for work, (d) then he leaves about 10:40 and heads to work, a 20 minute drive to his work where he arrived about 11.

2 It was noted in reply earlier, and I certainly agree, that the "clean up and get ready for work" could have happened before the gas stop, rather than after.

3 But either way, I have come up with an "issue" to be resolved, in using that "EA got CM out of his trunk in that lied-about time period" scenario as outlined above.

The problem I have is, EA's possible crossing paths with his parents, as he tried to keep his actions hidden. I don't believe they were complicit in the least, and in fact I believe he has hidden his movements from him. But ...

4 So first I hypothesize that, as he has said that he was at work at 8 am, it fits with him possibly playing a charade with his family. To be specific, that would mean he went home while it was dark (5:30-ish), woke his brother for an alibi, maybe then went to bed and took a quick nap, woke up to his alarm, and from his parents perspective, he got ready and went to work "as usual" to be there at 8.

That would explain the persistent claim that he was at work at 8. And it then gives a window from 7:30 to about 10:00 to get CM out of his trunk, and then be at the gas station at 10:15 and at work at 11.

5 There would then be a glitch in that, however, and it also exists in the general idea outlined in bold. It is this: if he went home to "clean up" either just before or just after 10:15, wouldn't his parents have noticed? How could he have explained his return to the house, and need to clean up, to them?

6 I have some possible answers, but don't have enough info to either narrow them down or to destroy my timeline. Again, the focus on how he hid actions from parents if he had to clean himself up, which I assume he did.
a - Maybe he cleaned up at a gym or somewhere else, not his home.
- - Although, if he wasn't going home, why would he have come back to where he did to get his gas.
b - Maybe his parents weren't there. Were they out of town that morning, or weekend?
c - Or, maybe his parents worked on Saturday and would leave at about the same time or shortly thereafter, as he did.

That's all I can come up with, so far.

I would trust that LE has examined this sort of stuff and asked these questions to ascertain family movement and limit the scenarios. But for our purposes here, whaddya think?
I actually might like you, SteveS. Well played.

HR and SG, can't focus attention and innuendo on people who aren't supposed to be sleuthed, and that can at times get posts removed. But moving on, if we know EA didn't have to worry about his parents, looks like that answers my question of how he could have gone home and cleaned up right before or after the gas station stop, before going to work.

So that puts us here:

EA's said pointedly it couldn't be him because he didn't have time to do anything with CM, because he was at work at 8, which was a lie of course, which makes me believe that the "when he should have been at work" time period (the window from 7:30-ish when he would usually leave home, to before getting gas at 10:15) that he wants to obscure is the place to focus on him doing something with CM.

So now I'm guessing we have:
1 he goes home about 5:30 and wakes brother for an alibi that he went home
...by the way, doesn't this 'wake the brother' thing come off as purely intended by EA to create an alibi? why else would you come home and rouse a sleeping brother? sheesh ...I have every belief that the brother was woken, and probably puzzled why he got woken up.
2 EA goes to sleep, sets the alarm as usual
3 wakes up as usual and gets ready for work as usual
4 leaves the house at 7:30-ish as usual
...probably dressed like he's going to work?
5 but he does NOT go to work, and here begins the 7:30ish to 10ish window when he drove somewhere, with CM in his trunk, and got her out of his trunk
...let's guess he took an extra shirt and some shorts to get dirty
...this 7:30-10 would be the time frame (daylight, weather, driving radius possible) etc to examine imo
6 allowing for the widest window possible, that 2.5ish hours probably also includes some sort of car wash, most likely got a stack of quarters and went to a self-service where he could vacuum it himself as well as clean exterior
7 that leaves us the following events in that window:
a - drive to wherever, up to 1 hr*
b - put on other clothes, get CM out of the car and hidden, up to 20 mins
c - drive back, and also stop somewhere along the way, to wash the car, up to 1:20
...I'd figure the car wash would have been done at earliest opportunity, just because, but can fit anywhere on the way back
8 at 10:15 he's getting gas and cleaning a couple spots he missed
9 with a full tank, he's around the corner to his house by 10:20 or so, takes a quick shower and puts his work clothes back on* ....his parents are gone, not there to notice his return, maybe brother already has things planned and is gone too
10 he leaves the house at 10:40 or so, and is at work at 11 or so

We have to keep in mind that each of those actions took however long it took - it's not like EA was on a stopwatch having to fit everything in as noted and by 11, but rather that we know it ended at 11ish so we only have to have a rough idea that each of those sets of events could all fit in.

Is there anything that doesn't work?

* - if he had his work uniform on in the gas station video, we narrow the "drive, remove/hide CM, and return" window by another 15-20 minutes, as the shower and change of clothes seems to happen before 10:15 rather than after ...in that case maybe we're down to a 50 minute time limit for the drive each way, plus 20 minutes for the stop and get rid of CM, plus clean the car for 20 minutes, plus back to the house to clean himself for another 20, and getting gas at 10:15.

ETA - I have found out that QF didn't have any actual knowledge of whether EA's parents were home or not. What he had said: "I thought I read/heard somewhere that it was only EA and CA home that weekend and that their parents were out of town. Again, I don't have a link, just thought that was known information from EA's and/or CA's discussions with investigators." And later he again asked: "Haven't we also established that both were out of town that weekend? Given that it was a holiday weekend, it's likely that they didn't come home until late Sunday or, perhaps, even Monday, the actual Labor Day holiday." Then later he posts simply using the assertion/assumption that they were out of town without any validation. So no actual info, and we still need information or verification that EA wouldn't have bumped into his parents, if he had returned to clean up either before or after 10:15 gas stop.

HR and SG, can't focus attention and innuendo on people who aren't supposed to be sleuthed, and that can at times get posts removed. But moving on, if we know EA didn't have to worry about his parents, looks like that answers my question of how he could have gone home and cleaned up right before or after the gas station stop, before going to work.

So that puts us here:

EA's said pointedly it couldn't be him because he didn't have time to do anything with CM, because he was at work at 8, which was a lie of course, which makes me believe that the "when he should have been at work" time period (the window from 7:30-ish when he would usually leave home, to before getting gas at 10:15) that he wants to obscure is the place to focus on him doing something with CM.

...by the way, doesn't this 'wake the brother' thing come off as purely intended by EA to create an alibi? why else would you come home and rouse a sleeping brother? sheesh ...I have every belief that the brother was woken, with no idea why.
2 he goes to sleep, sets the alarm as usual
5 but he does NOT go to work, and here begins the 7:30ish to 10ish window when he drove somewhere, with CM in his trunk, and got her out of his trunk
...this 7:30-10 would be the time frame (daylight, weather, driving radius possible) etc to examine imo
6 allowing for the widest window possible, that 2.5ish hours probably also includes some sort of car wash, most likely got a stack of quarters and went to a self-service where he could vacuum it himself as well as clean exterior
c - drive back, and also stop somewhere along the way, to wash the car, up to 1:20
...I'd figure the car wash would have been done at earliest opportunity, just because, but can fit anywhere on the way back
9 with a full tank, he's around the corner to his house by 10:20 or so, takes a quick shower and puts his work clothes back on* ....his parents are gone, no one is there to notice his return

We have to keep in mind that each of those actions took however long it took - it's not like EA was on a stopwatch having to fit everything in as noted and by 11, but rather that we know it ended at 11ish so we only have to have a rough idea that each of those sets of events could all fit in.

* - if he had his work uniform on in the gas station video, we narrow the "drive, remove/hide CM, and return" window by another 15-20 minutes, as the shower and change of clothes seems to happen before 10:15 rather than after ...in that case maybe we're down to a 50 minute time limit for the drive each way, plus 20 minutes for the stop and get rid of CM, plus clean the car for 20 minutes, plus back to the house to clean himself for another 20, and getting gas at 10:15.
That scenario works for me....so she can't be to far way....did you include time for cleanup? Did he have to go back after his shift ended to move her to a new location farther away?

That scenario works for me....so she can't be to far way....did you include time for cleanup? Did he have to go back after his shift ended to move her to a new location farther away?

I included time for a quick car wash and vacuum, with the idea that he could and would have done a lot more later.

I included time for him to shower etc, either before or after the gas stop at 10:15.

I don't see him having any intent or follow through to return to wherever he took her - ever.

Net result (my scenario above) is she would have been taken somewhere within a 50-60 minute drive radius. That's a monstrously huge haystack for the little needle that is CM, of course.

I see him going away from population, and driving perhaps until he saw "a place" that he liked. That makes me guess he went N or E (the less populated directions from Allen).

I think he avoided toll roads.

An alternative is that he drove someplace that he had seen, or driven by before, that he had a sense of solitude and a place to hide. But I don't think he would leave her in a place with any actual link to him.

One key is that, in this scenario, it's daylight, so he needs an expectation of a chance to be out of sight with enough time to get her out of his trunk and hidden.

Those are the way I see things, of course. Fits my logic, but who knows.

Some facts for that window, pertaining to 8/30/2014 in McKinney (closest weather records).
sunrise - 6:59
temp from 7:30 to 10:30 - 72 gradually rising to 77
rain - none, and it hadn't rained a drop for 12 days
conditions - mostly cloudy, overcast

ETA - I have found out that QF didn't have any actual knowledge of whether EA's parents were home or not. What he had said: "I thought I read/heard somewhere that it was only EA and CA home that weekend and that their parents were out of town. Again, I don't have a link, just thought that was known information from EA's and/or CA's discussions with investigators." And later he again asked: "Haven't we also established that both were out of town that weekend? Given that it was a holiday weekend, it's likely that they didn't come home until late Sunday or, perhaps, even Monday, the actual Labor Day holiday." Then later he posts simply using the assertion/assumption that they were out of town without any validation. So no actual info, and we still need information or verification that EA wouldn't have bumped into his parents, if he had returned to clean up either before or after 10:15 gas stop.

OFFTOPIC!

I just had to laugh. I saw someone ask if she could have been a CI. All I could think of why would she be cast iron? Yes I just spent to much time on a cast iron website about seasoning old, rusted cast iron, and they constantly use CI to abbreviate. I think it's time for me to go to sleep!!

Oh Christina, I pray you're soon found, and those that know where you are and held accountable! We know you didn't run away, and aren't missing voluntarily. It should be a crime in itself in withholding your whereabouts! JMO!

O/T - I drove up and down that road Alma (the Wylie woman) went missing every day. It is a very narrow road and has a pretty sharp curve a little ways before getting to the private pond. There were no signs of an accident, no skid marks or even tire marks in the grass. (I never got out and walked and searched but from driving about 10 mph and looking on both sides of the street I certainly never observed anything). There is also a fence near the road and trees closer to the pond.

After finding out her vehichle was pulled out of the pond a month after her disappearance due to PI's using a sonar I went back to take another look. Sure enough the fence was still intact but one post seemed to have been damaged. Not sure how she missed hitting the trees either. You just never know and can easily overlook areas because you think if a minivan drove into a pond surely the fence would be knocked down or some evidence of an accident. IMO

This thought started me thinking about private land again. One time when I was visiting my aunt and uncle who had land in the country we woke one morning to find one of the fences knocked down. Car or truck tracks leading up to where the fence post was hit. About 150 yards from the house. None of us heard a thing. My uncle and I figuring it was some drunk and just fixed it. He never reported it saying 'What is the sheriff going to do about it? We have nothing to ID the vehicle." And they lived about 15-20 minutes from an interstate that took you to a metropolitan area another 30-45 minutes away. A metro area that was large enough to have had several pro sports teams.

How easy it would been to have driven over that post, pull a body out of a truck and place it in the thickets down from the fence. The road was so lightly traveled, hardly anyone else would have driven by. In all probability, our particular case was a drunk driver as it was on a weekend. But it does make me wonder as we paid no attention to what went on in the city in the way of crime.

What EA has done seems like it would happened before sunrise and in an area he had been to before. I hope LE has tried to collect some info from those he has hung around with the past few years.

Did the fundraisers pay for the billboard? I think that was donated.... What exactly are they paying for?? Haven't heard from the PI in weeks. This case is becoming to sensationalized.
How can a missing person's case be too sensationalized? I mean for us here at websleuths it kind of sucks, I know I get all excited with each new article and then feel let down a bit that there is no new real news on the case. I just try and remind myself that each "new" article, or non-news stories as i like to call them, means her name and face is out there and maybe someone might remember that small detail they need to break the case. It also helps keep up the pressure on anyone who might know something and is hoping for it all to fade away. I think missing person's cases are the only scenario where I fully embrace and welcome some media sensationalism.

OFFTOPIC!

I just had to laugh. I saw someone ask if she could have been a CI. All I could think of why would she be cast iron? Yes I just spent to much time on a cast iron website about seasoning old, rusted cast iron, and they constantly use CI to abbreviate. I think it's time for me to go to sleep!!

Oh Christina, I pray you're soon found, and those that know where you are and held accountable! We know you didn't run away, and aren't missing voluntarily. It should be a crime in itself in withholding your whereabouts! JMO!
I thought the same at first too! We are big cast iron enthusiasts in this family, switching to primarily cast iron has been the simple solution to my life time battle with chronic anemia.

So that puts us here:

...by the way, doesn't this 'wake the brother' thing come off as purely intended by EA to create an alibi? why else would you come home and rouse a sleeping brother? sheesh ...I have every belief that the brother was woken, and probably puzzled why he got woken up.
2 EA goes to sleep, sets the alarm as usual
9 with a full tank, he's around the corner to his house by 10:20 or so, takes a quick shower and puts his work clothes back on* ....his parents are gone, not there to notice his return, maybe brother already has things planned and is gone too

I'm liking your thinking but in my mind I wonder if someone who had just caused the death of someone else (non specific to allow for all possibilities) and as far as we know has no previous history of harming anyone is going to be able to just go to bed and sleep? IF (and I stress the if) his parents weren't at home maybe he woke his brother, established the alibi and then went straight back out. Maybe he planned to be back and ready for work at 8, maybe he reckoned that as the manager no one would notice if he was a little late.

In that scenario he has much more time to think, plan where he's going to go and carry out his plan. I posted many threads back that I think it's very unlikley that anyone had in their head a place to dispose of a bodyo just in case they ever need to, I think we need to allow quite a time for him to work out where to go.

One fact that would be really helpful to know is how much gas he had left in his tank after the driving around and whether he visited a gas station before the trip to the Kroger. Here in England most gas stations have cameras that automatically record licence numbers to allow for tracking down non payers and so that LE can trace drivers without insurance/car tax - does that happen in TX? That could be really helpful.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member