GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #30 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I don't think so. Anyone would notice an area had been dug up. Not to mention digging in the Texas soil is not easy. Especially in a built up neighborhood where the topsoil has basically been scraped off and sold. After a small layer of halfway decent soil you most likely hit caliche and digging a large hole would be no easy task. I say this after planting many trees in yards in a few Allen neighborhoods where I have lived. It wouldn't be quick or easy.

A missing Garland man was found buried in his back yard in 2006. His live in girlfriend buried him in the yard, poured a concrete slab on top, and put a BBQ grill on the slab.

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/64086627.html

For those who were wondering about EA's daily habits and/or video footage from the Sprint store when he arrived at work, here is a quote from EA per article written by Brittany Feagans:

“I had to work [Aug. 30] at 8 a.m.; that’s why I went home that night. … I had to be up by 7 a.m. [Law enforcement] went to make sure I was at work. They took the cameras from my job.”

http://m.starlocalmedia.com/allenam...89e-6398-11e4-b92e-c7f562262965.html?mode=jqm

Make of it what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A missing Garland man was found buried in his back yard in 2006. His live in girlfriend buried him in the yard, poured a concrete slab on top, and put a BBQ grill on the slab.

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/64086627.html

I never said it was impossible. Just like planting a tree in this soil is not impossible. What I was saying was that given the window of time he had, I do not believe it is logical to think he dug a hole, buried her, concealed the hole with sod or as you are mentioning a slab of concrete for an outdoor patio feature. If he did not conceal it, LE would have noticed that dug up area when they were at the house searching it.

I never said it was impossible. Just like planting a tree in this soil is not impossible. What I was saying was that given the window of time he had, I do not believe it is logical to think he dug a hole, buried her, concealed the hole with sod or as you are mentioning a slab of concrete for an outdoor patio feature. If he did not conceal it, LE would have noticed that dug up area when they were at the house searching it.

I'm pointing out that it does happen in North Texas - more often than people think. Also, as has been stated on here numerous times, Enrique had 4 days...

And I would like to think she would have been better protected. If her boyfriend was being watched, was she?

And I would like to think she would have been better protected. If her boyfriend was being watched, was she?

I meant to say this in response to my own question of whether she could have been a confidential informant..sorry, just woke up. Please let some information come out today.

I meant to say this in response to my own question of whether she could have been a confidential informant..sorry, just woke up. Please let some information come out today.

From my reading of the evidence and hints left by LE in the affidavits ...
1 The male DNA was his, they figure. Remember, they wanted to "search for" (ie, get a sample of, for testing) his DNA in the SW attached to the affidavit.
2 She may have left DNA lots of other places too. LE mentioned DNA in the trunk to offer reasonable proof that she was kidnapped. No need to mention 20 other places they found her DNA, if they have more.
3 I think they believe she was in the passenger seat first. Explains the meticulous cleaning, and LE's interest in the seat belt and mats there.

RBBM

This has crossed my mind so many times!

IMO, a type of DNA that could have been found in the trunk to correlate with being kidnapped would be saliva....from screaming for him to let her out. IMO, there would be no possible way for him to be able to clean saliva that came from someone yelling, especially with all the crooks and crannies that are in a trunk.

JMO and just something that I have considered in regards to being able to establish forcible kidnapping.

How can a missing person's case be too sensationalized? I mean for us here at websleuths it kind of sucks, I know I get all excited with each new article and then feel let down a bit that there is no new real news on the case. I just try and remind myself that each "new" article, or non-news stories as i like to call them, means her name and face is out there and maybe someone might remember that small detail they need to break the case. It also helps keep up the pressure on anyone who might know something and is hoping for it all to fade away. I think missing person's cases are the only scenario where I fully embrace and welcome some media sensationalism.

Absolutely! A missing person's name and face can't be out there enough IMO. All it takes is one person, one tip to give a family their loved one back or provide closure.

I included time for a quick car wash and vacuum, with the idea that he could and would have done a lot more later.

I included time for him to shower etc, either before or after the gas stop at 10:15.

I don't see him having any intent or follow through to return to wherever he took her - ever.

Net result (my scenario above) is she would have been taken somewhere within a 50-60 minute drive radius. That's a monstrously huge haystack for the little needle that is CM, of course.

I see him going away from population, and driving perhaps until he saw "a place" that he liked. That makes me guess he went N or E (the less populated directions from Allen).

I think he avoided toll roads.

An alternative is that he drove someplace that he had seen, or driven by before, that he had a sense of solitude and a place to hide. But I don't think he would leave her in a place with any actual link to him.

One key is that, in this scenario, it's daylight, so he needs an expectation of a chance to be out of sight with enough time to get her out of his trunk and hidden.

Those are the way I see things, of course. Fits my logic, but who knows.

Some facts for that window, pertaining to 8/30/2014 in McKinney (closest weather records).
sunrise - 6:59
temp from 7:30 to 10:30 - 72 gradually rising to 77
rain - none, and it hadn't rained a drop for 12 days
conditions - mostly cloudy, overcast

ETA - I have found out that QF didn't have any actual knowledge of whether EA's parents were home or not. What he had said: "I thought I read/heard somewhere that it was only EA and CA home that weekend and that their parents were out of town. Again, I don't have a link, just thought that was known information from EA's and/or CA's discussions with investigators." And later he again asked: "Haven't we also established that both were out of town that weekend? Given that it was a holiday weekend, it's likely that they didn't come home until late Sunday or, perhaps, even Monday, the actual Labor Day holiday." Then later he posts simply using the assertion/assumption that they were out of town without any validation. So no actual info, and we still need information or verification that EA wouldn't have bumped into his parents, if he had returned to clean up either before or after 10:15 gas stop.

Good scenarios.. almost makes me think the search should be outwards & moving in.. However that could prove to be unproductive if you didn't start far enough out. At this point "haystack" is an understatement, it would seem.. (sigh)

I'm liking your thinking but in my mind I wonder if someone who had just caused the death of someone else (non specific to allow for all possibilities) and as far as we know has no previous history of harming anyone is going to be able to just go to bed and sleep? IF (and I stress the if) his parents weren't at home maybe he woke his brother, established the alibi and then went straight back out. Maybe he planned to be back and ready for work at 8, maybe he reckoned that as the manager no one would notice if he was a little late.

In that scenario he has much more time to think, plan where he's going to go and carry out his plan. I posted many threads back that I think it's very unlikley that anyone had in their head a place to dispose of a bodyo just in case they ever need to, I think we need to allow quite a time for him to work out where to go.

One fact that would be really helpful to know is how much gas he had left in his tank after the driving around and whether he visited a gas station before the trip to the Kroger. Here in England most gas stations have cameras that automatically record licence numbers to allow for tracking down non payers and so that LE can trace drivers without insurance/car tax - does that happen in TX? That could be really helpful.

JMO

I've thought of the "how much gas did he have" numerous times too. That's a tough one.. gas was quite high at that time, so you really don't know if he filled up, or just maybe put in $20-$30.00 worth.. Certainly worth looking at.. but might be hard to pinpoint & with a lot of variables.

I'm pointing out that it does happen in North Texas - more often than people think. Also, as has been stated on here numerous times, Enrique had 4 days...

I know we've discussed this ad nauseam.. Yes, he had 4 days. He did not know that & for all he knew, he had 4 hours.. Personally I don't believe he would have waited any length of time to hide her...

Let me express my thoughts about other cars leaving the garage forty minutes after EA left the garage.
These are only my thoughts, a what if scenario.
What if one (or both) of the cars belonged to other people who were at PP's or with CM during the night out.
What if someone else drove to where EA and CM were waiting. This is only thinking on my part.
The timing and that LE mentioned the cars (now that we know they left the lot much later than EA did) sparked my interest upon learning CM and EA pinged back in the area (time coinciding with the movement of other cars in the garage).

I can understand what you are saying. But her DNA was found in HIS trunk. So at least he's where he is supposed to be. I don't know if others will join him (doubtful). I just have a hard time making the leap from EA acted alone to a conspiracy....

Someday, a journalist will go ahead and verify that EA's parents were out of town that weekend. Or, if there is ever a trial for AK, it'll be verified then. Either way, hopefully it'll be quicker and more accurate than the "Who's EA's Attorney?" guessing game that got kicked around.

RBBM

This has crossed my mind so many times!

IMO, a type of DNA that could have been found in the trunk to correlate with being kidnapped would be saliva....from screaming for him to let her out. IMO, there would be no possible way for him to be able to clean saliva that came from someone yelling, especially with all the crooks and crannies that are in a trunk.

JMO and just something that I have considered in regards to being able to establish forcible kidnapping.

Unless he tied her up, it seems she would pull the brightly colored trunk release. If he happened to have rope to tie her, that sounds premeditated so you would think he would also maybe have tape for her mouth...

^^ but we can't discuss that part on WS (in this particular case)....it's a very heated topic that is very personal to people around here.

Is that a mod rule? If so, I must have missed it. I was out of the country when he was arrested and instead of really through all the threads, I just jumped back in. Thank you in advance for letting me know!

Unless he tied her up, it seems she would pull the brightly colored trunk release. If he happened to have rope to tie her, that sounds premeditated so you would think he would also maybe have tape for her mouth...

Unless she was unconscious.

I can understand what you are saying. But her DNA was found in HIS trunk. So at least he's where he is supposed to be. I don't know if others will join him (doubtful). I just have a hard time making the leap from EA acted alone to a conspiracy....

Not in his trunk, on the outer opening or "lid" as some news reports say. I think the current analysis of the auto, now that it has been impounded, will reveal whether she was in the trunk or not.

Although, now that EA has an attorney, whatever they do to the evidence must be done with a defense expert/member/attorney present as well. So, the free reign days of dealing with an unrepresented suspect are gone.

In my opinion, EA aided the prosecution/PD greatly by waiting until he was arrested to hire an attorney. This is no criminal genius, again, in my opinion.

Affiant is aware through training, experience and conversations with other law enforcement officers that cellular devices can contain GPS and other location identifying information which can place the device or individuals carrying said cellular devices in a particular area which may provide additional evidence related to this offense. Affiant is also aware through her training, experience and conversations with other experienced police detectives that persons that commit kidnapping offenses often utilize electronic devices such as computers or cellular phones to research areas or information that may assist them in disposing of evidence related to the offense. Affiant is further aware that cellular phones, computers, and other data storage devices often located in or around persons who have committed these offenses are found to contain evidence of such preparation or research related to the commission of or following the commission of these types of offenses that may assist them in hiding or secreting a person or other evidence related to the offense. Affiant is also aware this evidentiary data is not easily destroyed and it is retrievable by persons trained in the forensic recovery of this information. Page 9 of the SEARCH WARRANT, paragraph 2.

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/starlocalmedia.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/3/1a/31abee12-87aa-11e4-8cbb-1f4760146008/54946c2148a9a.pdf.pdf

JMO - But I think PPD has everything they need, however, they are waiting for the forensics to come back on what they retrieved from the computer at EA house and also further forensics to come back from the examination on the Camero taken on 12/12/14. Again, JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member