GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #30 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brittany Feagans ‏@BF_StarNews 8m8 minutes ago
Attorney for #EnriqueArochi requested subpoena today, court records show. Arochi charged with aggravated kidnapping of #ChristinaMorris.
https://twitter.com/BF_StarNews/status/553693258925084672

Per Collin County Court records:
Subpoena
PP Unserved
SN Unserved
SB Unserved
MM Unserved

Where did you look to see this info about subpoenas? I couldn't find it.

Does anyone else here use Tapatalk to read/reply on WS? If so, can you see posters' signatures? I cannot, and just wondering if it's just my phone or what.

I can't either...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's a grand jury.
I wish I knew why some cases go to GJ and others do not. How do they decide if they require an indictment or if they just charge the person and go for trial? Is it because of lack of evidence or a fear of the evidence not being strong enough to get a conviction?

I'm admittedly dumb when it comese to law, but didn't they already have a grand jury? If they have another does it mean they're considering more charges? I am confused.

EA was charged with aggravated kidnapping, but he has yet to be indicted. I believe in Texas a choice is made to have a hearing or a grand jury convenes to decide if there is enough evidence to indict.
To answer your question, no grand jury has met or if they have, the public is not aware of it. With that said, grand juries meet in secret and only after a decision has been reached- Bill or no bill- indict or not, does the public find out the results of the grand jury deliberations. I, personally, hope the grand jury has been convened in this case and we will see movement in this case soon.
He can't be tried until he is indicted!

EA was charged with aggravated kidnapping, but he has yet to be indicted. I believe in Texas a choice is made to have a hearing or a grand jury convenes to decide if there is enough evidence to indict.
To answer your question, no grand jury has met or if they have, the public is not aware of it. With that said, grand juries meet in secret and only after a decision has been reached- Bill or no bill- indict or not, does the public find out the results of the grand jury deliberations. I, personally, hope the grand jury has been convened in this case and we will see movement in this case soon.
He can't be tried until he is indicted!

Ohhh, ok. I don't know why I thought there was a GJ in early December and that had a lot to do with EA's arrest. Again, I'm law dumb. Ask me about science though. I'm really smart with science. ;)

Thanks, you guys for asking and answering questions for me. With you all in spirit, let's get this case moving. I can't get the picture of the mother's grief out of my head.

In a felony case, the process by which a person is formally charged is more complicated. When the police file a felony case with the District Attorney's Office, the case is sent to its Grand Jury division. The Grand Jury Division has several options at this point. They may present the case as filed to a Grand Jury with the goal of seeking an indictment, the may decide not to prosecute the case, they may request additional investigation from the filing police agency, or in some unusual instances, may decide that the case should be filed as a misdemeanor.

If the District Attorney's Office decides to seek a felony indictment, the case is presented to the Grand Jury. A Grand Jury is composed of not more than twelve citizens summoned serve as grand jurors to consider whether an indictable offense has occurred in the cases presented to them. The grand jury proceeding is secret. It may come as a surprise to you to learn that the arrested person whose case is being considered by the Grand Jury has no right to be present when the evidence is being presented; nor does an attorney representing an arrested person. Only the grand jurors themselves, the attorney for the State, the bailiffs and stenographers may be present. Generally, the arrested person may submit written material for the Grand Jury to consider.

When the Grand Jury has considered the case, a vote is taken and if at least nine members of the Grand Jury concur with the bill presented by the attorney for the State the Grand Jury has found a "true bill" and an Indictment will issue. An indictment is the written statement of a grand jury accusing a person of a crime. If an indictment issues the case will be filed in the District Clerk's office, assigned to one of the District Courts and a criminal prosecution will commence. On the other hand, if less than nine of the grand jurors concur in the bill, the grand jury has issued what is referred to as a "no bill", and no indictment will issue.

In a felony case, the process by which a person is formally charged is more complicated. When the police file a felony case with the District Attorney's Office, the case is sent to its Grand Jury division. The Grand Jury Division has several options at this point. They may present the case as filed to a Grand Jury with the goal of seeking an indictment, the may decide not to prosecute the case, they may request additional investigation from the filing police agency, or in some unusual instances, may decide that the case should be filed as a misdemeanor.

If the District Attorney's Office decides to seek a felony indictment, the case is presented to the Grand Jury. A Grand Jury is composed of not more than twelve citizens summoned serve as grand jurors to consider whether an indictable offense has occurred in the cases presented to them. The grand jury proceeding is secret. It may come as a surprise to you to learn that the arrested person whose case is being considered by the Grand Jury has no right to be present when the evidence is being presented; nor does an attorney representing an arrested person. Only the grand jurors themselves, the attorney for the State, the bailiffs and stenographers may be present. Generally, the arrested person may submit written material for the Grand Jury to consider.

When the Grand Jury has considered the case, a vote is taken and if at least nine members of the Grand Jury concur with the bill presented by the attorney for the State the Grand Jury has found a "true bill" and an Indictment will issue. An indictment is the written statement of a grand jury accusing a person of a crime. If an indictment issues the case will be filed in the District Clerk's office, assigned to one of the District Courts and a criminal prosecution will commence. On the other hand, if less than nine of the grand jurors concur in the bill, the grand jury has issued what is referred to as a "no bill", and no indictment will issue.

So if no indictment is issued, that doesn't mean they can't try again later if new evidence comes up, right?

Is there a chance EA's lawyer could file for a continuance or something (and receive it) and push this even further? Gosh, I hope not.

Great explanation, CircleofLife - I hope the adage "they will indict a ham sandwich" is true. I think so much depends on what info the DA has to present. I believe we all think it's circumstantial at this point, but we don't know what he is going to tell them? Hurry up the 15th! BTW, who is the DA - I guess I could look it up, but you guys know everything. I am all about the justice for this sweet child, and as I've said before "there by the Grace of God, go I" and I'm not even remotely familiar with the Bible, but I know that's true. ps..just to clarify, I didn't have a chance to learn anything about religion and don't want to go there, but that saying just seems to fit for so many women out there with their trusting souls, need to help and nuture.

I wish I knew why some cases go to GJ and others do not. How do they decide if they require an indictment or if they just charge the person and go for trial? Is it because of lack of evidence or a fear of the evidence not being strong enough to get a conviction?

Not sure...but I thought that one use for a grand jury was to "test" a case, i.e to see if average people think there is enough to proceed. But maybe a lawyer can weigh in...it does seem kind of random at times. Jmo

Could the PI have meant 'drug related' because there were drugs used that night/morning?

Hopefully they have more because I don't believe SB and I know others don't. If some of us have doubt and they are basing part of the SA on her story, the jury will have doubt. What I mean is...he was rejected by SB, so he went to CM. The rejection is what started it. If there was no rejection....hmm? Also, don't forget that the PI stated that she thought this was drug related. The PI the family hired said this.

Could the PI have meant 'drug related' because there were drugs used that night/morning?

I'm thinking not, only because when I hear drug related or gang related, said crime was directly related to drugs or gangs. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee