GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #31 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible she bought those drinks for others, not herself. Also, waitress didn't say what type of drink was purchased.

Could be, but it would make sense that the alcohol added to someone already feeling poorly would make them vomit. Even if they were just drinks with small amounts of alcohol, it could produce that effect. But of course it could be she had pop and it did the same thing. I guess we can either believe the vi's when aluding to her vomiting on herself or not. But it would explain the change in shirt if she did get sick on herself. As a side note, there is a migraine condition that does have projectile vomiting as a know side effect. It is rare, and commonly found in people younger.

1 Somewhere N/E past the 121/Custer intersection.
...As to exactly where, we don't know. (LE may have better info on this.)
...It is my belief they went to "get something" and it was together (ie, with her as a passenger). Quick cup of coffee, so she could wake up for her drive to FW? Some drug, for the same purpose? Some drug, for a diff purpose? Just guesses.
2 My speculation is that he was taking her back to her car, after they went together to Place X. Both "where did they go" and "why did they come back" fit together easily with one not-unlikely explanation.

But if he was impaired, drunk, messed up...if she even called that guy (SN?) to let him know she was okay to drive or whatever it as along those lines... would she seriously of gotten in the car to go anywhere with EA if he was swaying, staggering even a little...slurring maybe? Would she of chosen to actually go anywhere with him alone for any reason if he was not stable.... ????? That scenario would help make things work out if she got in the passenger side and buckled up and they went somewhere together... would make things fit nicer but it just seems like she was too cautious of a girl to get in the car with anyone who seemed unstable or even creepy or both. When your a girl and your walking in the dark with a guy you don't know very well...your antenna is up, your instincts are kicked in....unless she was so extremely preoccupied with H that she was completely checked out of all those warning signals that come with us females.

Thank You CP !!!
Duces Tecum ... To compel to produce - Yes Gore is ordering to produce Under Penalty

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/subpoena+duces+tecum
Subpoena Duces Tecum- (Here we go folks !!)

[Latin, Under penalty to bring with you.] The judicial process used to command the production before a court of papers, documents, or other tangible items of evidence.

A subpoena duces tecum is used to compel the production of documents that might be admissible before the court. It cannot be used to require oral testimony and ordinarily cannot be used to compel a witness to reiterate, paraphrase, or affirm the truth of the documents produced.

Although frequently employed to obtain discovery during litigation, a subpoena duces tecum may not be used for a "fishing expedition" to enable a party to gain access to massive amounts of documents as a means of gathering evidence. The subpoena should be sufficiently definite so that a respondent can identify the documents sought without a protracted or extensive search. Moreover, a person ordinarily is required to produce only documents in her possession or under her control and supervision. A subpoena duces tecum may be used to compel the production of the papers and books of a business, however.

Just to bring forward from last thread:Things to expect from the Defense in pre- trial
Pretrial Motions in a Criminal Case

Before a trial, a slew of motions may be filed by the defense, which may greatly alter the charges being faced by a defendant, or in some cases, have them dismissed outright. Some of the commonly filed motions before a trial, include:

Motion to modify bail, which requests a judge modify a defendant’s bail status
Motion to dismiss complaint, which request the judge to dismiss a case on the basis of a insufficient criminal complaint against a defendant
Motion for bill of particulars, which if approved by a judge, will require the prosecutor to detail all charges, as well as the reason for filing these charges
Motion to reduce charges, which requests a judge reduce charges to accurately charge a defendant for an alleged criminal incident
Motion for change of venue, which defendants request their judicial proceedings be moved elsewhere to ensure a fair trial
Motion for to strike a prior conviction, which if approved by the judge, will potentially prevent a defendant from facing the penalties and other sentencing guidelines associated with a repeat offender or person with a criminal record
Motion for discovery, which is a formal request for the prosecution to turn over all evidence they possess regarding a defendant’s case
Motion to preserve evidence, which forces the prosecution to preserve all evidence until a defense investigator or expert can evaluate the evidence
Motion to disclose identity of an informant, which if approved, will allow the defense to attack the credibility of an informant’s motives and testimony
Motion to examine police personnel file, which can be requested if a law enforcement officer’s past conduct and history is relevant to the defense’s existing criminal charges
Motion to suppress evidence, which if approved, will allow the defense to exclude certain pieces of evidence that were obtained illegally, coerced, or tainted in some manner
Motion for speedy trial, which can expedite the process of a trial to prevent government entities from refusing to release a defendant, but also, not bringing the individual to trial for any actual crime
http://www.lawfirms.com/resources/cr...procedures.htm

Not sure I understand, are you referring to TYM's list, or did EA's attorney actually file this motion?

TYM's list, It's probably just an all-inclusive type list, the CI just jumped out to me since I've had those feelings before.

Was looking at the google maps with in like a mile or so of the last ping at 4:47 am at the Granite Pkwy -
Has the area just due west of the David Mc David been checked? the street is called Lebaron it ends in cul de sac -looks like some one
could do right fender damage if pulled up there quick in the dark .. it looks like it gets pretty creepy about 50 yrds from the pavement
can not tell if there is a creek or what
after this I am about out of ideas to throw out exactly where to look .. perhaps I will take a break and regroup later..
FWIW - I still think she is closer to the 4:47am marker if in the area
https://www.google.com/maps/@33.091...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1syXc0-o7sOPNMXOtvbJYWzw!2e0

Hi all, I'm just returning from vacation and trying to catch up. Have the body parts been identified yet? I know some have said it's not Christina but was wanting to follow up on it. Don't see anything besides the initial reports in MSM so I assume nothing yet?

But SN actually offered to drive her all the way to Ft Worth and even spoke to her on the phone while she was walking to the garage. So he could have walked her, or driven them both, or something. I don't think he was her only option, nor do I think any of the others at the apartment thought he was a creepy letch --- if they actually DID then they are pathetic for allowing her to walk off into the night with him all alone. I mean really! Would you say, "Eww this creep has been hitting on me and freaking me out trying to get in my pants, and now I brushed him off and he's all pissed.... Oh, bye Christina! Glad you came out tonight!" And let her leave with said creep???
I vote NO on the acting like a horny creep story.

This, in a nutshell, is really why I believe the AK charge is a tall order. If everyone was so convinced that EA was "angry"/"sexually frustrated" that night, then why let her go with him? And, neither of them seem agitated on the video as they stroll towards the parking lot.

EA's not going to say to investigators or anyone else that he was "sexually frustrated" or "angry." So, the AK charge appears to come down to a "he said/she said" affair.

The PD believes EA had something to do with her disappearance. But, left with no evidence of a crime being committed, they had to try something to get him behind bars and turn up the pressure on him. They could not have asked for AK without the statement of SB.

That EA was unrepresented by an attorney made it pretty easy for them to do it as well; a slam dunk. Looks like the attorney he has now, though, knows what he is doing.

I want to reiterate here - because some seem to believe their are "sides" here - that it's not that I believe EA is innocent. I personally believe he had something to do with CM's disappearance.

My only hitch is the charge they've chosen - aggravated kidnapping. If this thing ever goes to trial for that, the prosecution would have to get 12 jurors to unanimously agree that SB saying she believed EA was somehow in heat for her that evening to such a degree that when she supposedly "turned him down" so he decided to commit a crime against CM.

It's just, in my mind, a stretch. Could 12 people off the street on a jury really go with that? It seems so thin to me. Again, as I've stated before, I almost think they'd have an easier time going for one of those "murder without the body" cases.

This, in a nutshell, is really why I believe the AK charge is a tall order. If everyone was so convinced that EA was "angry"/"sexually frustrated" that night, then why let her go with him? And, neither of them seem agitated on the video as they stroll towards the parking lot.

EA's not going to say to investigators or anyone else that he was "sexually frustrated" or "angry." So, the AK charge appears to come down to a "he said/she said" affair.

The PD believes EA had something to do with her disappearance. But, left with no evidence of a crime being committed, they had to try something to get him behind bars and turn up the pressure on him. They could not have asked for AK without the statement of SB.

That EA was unrepresented by an attorney made it pretty easy for them to do it as well; a slam dunk. Looks like the attorney he has now, though, knows what he is doing.

"left with no evidence of a crime being committed" ...I could not disagree more. No crime? No way. Even without the SA component, there is still the crime of Kidnapping. SA simply is one of the elements that enhances the penalties.

EA put her IN HIS TRUNK. She would not have been there willingly, nor would EA have put her there for her welfare, which means she was Kidnapped, at a minimum ...and Kidnapping is absolutely a crime and against the law.

I also have to wonder - say we assume they only have the SA evidence we know of (not an assumption I would consider likely, but certainly possible) - if they have the ability to nail him on one or more other "aggravating" elements, if need be. The longer she is missing, without him saying where she is, then if they can prove he Kidnapped her (he put her IN HIS TRUNK), maybe they can tie the "lack of telling where he put her" and "never seen again" into the mix.

i am guessing his court date for Thurs morning 1/15 is open to the public?

Agreed ^^

I agree with you, too, Cortne and Quailfoot, about how they had to work with what they had to make the arrest. Except that I do think EA got mouthy as they got closer to their cars, he could have said any number of things to make her mad, about HF, about drugs, leave that loser, let's go somewhere...??? I think she told him what he could do to himself and things went south. She may have slapped him first and he lost it. I'm not on anyone's side but Christina's!!

Might be right Happy.
I am on Christina's side as well
I am on the side of justice.

CMs DNA was found on the trunk of EA's car. I have not seen where there is proof that CM was IN HIS TRUNK or if so, that EA was the one who put her there.

Ok so she was chillin in his trunk and then she got out of his trunk.
Or he had something w her blood or skin or whatever in his trunk.

Or she was just in the trunk. That's why her dnA was there.
Jmo

One other angle that LE has to work with, that's been overlooked, is that they can control EA's ability to stay in the US. It wouldn't necessarily take a conviction on AK to be able to deport him as a last resort.

In essence, he's in this country as a "guest" in our home, not as a right. Given the fact he hasn't told what he did with CM, he's tried to obstruct LE investigation through repeated lies, and he's committed theft, a case can be made that he's forfeited his right to live here.

I certainly think he needs 99 years in prison, or worse. But given the circumstances, I certainly don't want this creep walking the Texas streets if they can't get a conviction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali