GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #31 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm confused. The Lake Buchanan article states dive teams found the body and mentions nothing of body parts. But the Bachman articles all state a jogger discovered decomposing body parts.

Lake Buchanan is near Austin I believe so that must be a typo, however still sounds like 2 different situations? IMO

I've been to Lake Buchanan, but it's been a while. Yes it's closer to Austin area, not SA area, sorry about that. But in any event, a good ways from DFW.

I think TK is the same woman in both Bachman Lake stories, not a 2nd woman found in the same lake about the same time. The FB page for the "who was found" story at WFAA-TV has comments saying essentially "we have been contacted by LE and it's our loved one, TK, not CM" and that's good enough for me. I see the confusing reporting as to how she was recovered, but I'll just figure it was either sloppy reporting, or more than one fact that were both true.

Did you see EA put CM in the trunk of his car?

So how do you think she got in there? Did HF show up and beat her up? And EA got beat up trying to defend her? Then he rode around for however long, and...then what? I'm not being snarky, I just can't get the 1 in 69 quadrillion, significant amounts of blood or saliva, and Odoban out of the picture of what I think most likely happened.

I would like to hear some other scenarios if any one is up for thinking out loud about that night.

They will not only hear about them through testimony but hear them directly from EA himself via uncut news footage. I agree. It will be tough and we only know a fraction of what they have.

And they can prove he was charged with interfering with an investigation, that's a biggie to me. MOO

Thank you. The lake name is quite a typo in several articles. I feel terrible for this woman's daughter.

Pretty terrible that you could go missing and not one reporter can get the lake name right where you were found.

Same could go for a body, dead or alive. If he wouldn't throw a dirty shirt in his beloved Camaro would he throw a body in there?

Just waiting for more evidence, that's all.

Pretty terrible that you could go missing and not one reporter can get the lake name right where you were found.

I think that the family was fully and properly notified, knew all the facts before anyone else, and one reporter got the name of the lake wrong somehow in writing stuff they already knew. Can't believe that such a typo would rank very high on their list of concerns as they grieve.

In my opinion, Judge is not going to like the fact that EA hindered an investigation

I think that the family was fully and properly notified, knew all the facts before anyone else, and one reporter got the name of the lake wrong somehow in writing stuff they already knew. Can't believe that such a typo would rank very high on their list of concerns as they grieve.

really? Where is her car and who killed her? I have not seen anything about this....just sayin'

So how do you think she got in there? Did HF show up and beat her up? And EA got beat up trying to defend her? Then he rode around for however long, and...then what? I'm not being snarky, I just can't get the 1 in 69 quadrillion, significant amounts of blood or saliva, and Odoban out of the picture of what I think most likely happened.

I would like to hear some other scenarios if any one is up for thinking out loud about that night.

Not being snarky either, but why are you asking me to prove something I didn't see? No one has proven in a court of law that she was in the truck of EA's car. It is a hypothesis in an affidavit in order to get an arrest warrant.

[modsnip] The affidavit then goes on to talk about SB's testimony because it is necessary for the aggravated kidnapping charge! The DNA on or in the car alone do not prove aggravated kidnapping.

The prosecution, in order to get an aggravated kidnapping conviction, must prove EA's mindset/intent was to cause bodily injury or sexually assault. This is the law. The law isn't, "We found DNA here or there."

[modsnip] You will not find the words DNA anywhere in it. You will find the phrase "with the intent to."

I've already stated that I believe EA has something to do with CM's disappearance. But, my opinion, based on reading of the law and reading about other aggravated kidnapping cases, is that aggravated kidnapping is going to be difficult to prove without witnesses or proof.

It looks like two different bodies

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...y-found-in-park-near-love-field-airport.html/

is the one that some thought could have been Christina

http://starlocalmedia.com/littleelm...cle_92490a94-9848-11e4-9a1a-bfe3c97dc68b.html

is the one found by divers

It doesn't look like the first one has been identified yet

really? Where is her car and who killed her? I have not seen anything about this....just sayin'

I don't really want to argue about the Tiffany Kelly death in the middle of forum pertaining to Christina Morris. You asked questions, and I was trying to help you find answers and understand what seems to me to be what was reported. I'll leave the rest up to you, hope that helped.

There are threads at WS where it can be discussed with others who may have tons of info.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-drainage-pipe-Bachman-Lake-Trail-3-Jan-2015
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...less-18-November-2014&highlight=tiffany+kelly

I'll go ahead and ask the other questions, all relating to the proving of an aggravated kidnapping charge in Texas:

(1) Is EA holding CM for ransom or for a reward?

(2) Did EA use CM as a shield or take her as a hostage in commission of another crime?

(3) Did EA take CM in an attempt to further commission of another felony for which he has been charged?

(4) Did EA inflicted bodily injury or sexually assault CM?

(5) Did EA terrorize CM or a third party?

(6) Did EA take CM in order to interfere with some governmental actor or entity?

Remember, we're talking about intent. You continually miss the point that will be made to the jury by the judge from voir dire all the way through to jury instructions.

Having DNA at the opening of the car's truck is not intent. Intent is a mindset.

The arrest affidavit says, clearly, that the Plano PD/prosecution believe (4). So, EA's intent/midset to (4) must be proven. Again...if this thing ever goes to trial for aggravated kidnapping.

Understand the law. Or, at least read it. Telling me that DNA is somewhere in or on the car is not a mindset.

Maybe I don't understand the law as well as you do, but I can read. And I read Christina's DNA was found in EA's trunk, the chances of it being someone else are 1 in 69...,and I guess they are going to have to try to prove intent through the girls at the apartment, maybe even more from the co-workers? I don't think he kidnapped her for money, so I can only think a guy doing drugs and alcohol is going to go after the pretty girl he finds himself alone with. MOO
An

Not being snarky either, but why are you asking me to prove something I didn't see? No one has proven in a court of law that she was in the truck of EA's car. It is a hypothesis in an affidavit in order to get an arrest warrant.

You still miss the point. The affidavit then goes on to talk about SB's testimony because it is necessary for the aggravated kidnapping charge! The DNA on or in the car alone do not prove aggravated kidnapping.

The prosecution, in order to get an aggravated kidnapping conviction, must prove EA's mindset/intent was to cause bodily injury or sexually assault. This is the law. The law isn't, "We found DNA here or there."

Go back and read the Texas Code on aggravated kidnapping. You will not find the words DNA anywhere in it. You will find the phrase "with the intent to."

I've already stated that I believe EA has something to do with CM's disappearance. But, my opinion, based on reading of the law and reading about other aggravated kidnapping cases, is that aggravated kidnapping is going to be difficult to prove without witnesses or proof.

Just wanted to thank you for your insightful and thorough posts. They make total and complete sense, to ME.

I'm not sure I entirely understand what this spat is about but are you saying that you think EA is responsible for Christina's disappearance but you think LE have choosen the wrong charge or do you think he's not responsible at all?

The way I'm reading the exchange is that SteveS is giving his opinion that Christina ended up in EA's trunk by some method and for some reason as yet unknown to us and you are saying that LE have charged him with something they appear to have little evidence to back up.

Is that right?

He's not saying it is his opinion, he is saying EA did it. And, he is putting it in capital letters. Unless he was there, he has no idea. In America, the burden of proof for criminal charges lies on the prosecution, not the defense. No one has proven that EA did anything to CM.

You still miss the point. The affidavit then goes on to talk about SB's testimony because it is necessary for the aggravated kidnapping charge! The DNA on or in the car alone do not prove aggravated kidnapping.

Go back and read the Texas Code on aggravated kidnapping. You will not find the words DNA anywhere in it. You will find the phrase "with the intent to."

Sorry have to jump in. I think you missed the point as well. I do not think you were asked to prove anything. Just merely state what you 'think' happened. I think we can all agree that you were not there to witness anything.

Sorry for bringing up the body parts found. Perhaps I should go back on vacation lol. There really isn't a lot of info in MSM about it, and what little there is seems to be incorrect reporting. However, the dates do match up to indicate that it was Tiffany Kelly found in the Dallas lake. Now, where is Christina?!

He's not saying it is his opinion, he is saying EA did it. And, he is putting it in capital letters. Unless he was there, he has no idea. In America, the burden of proof for criminal charges lies on the prosecution, not the defense. No one has proven that EA did anything to CM.

So you are saying if no one saw it, it didn't happen? I agree with you about the burden of proof and I think we will all have to wait until trial, whenever that may be.

I don't really want to argue about the Tiffany Kelly death in the middle of forum pertaining to Christina Morris. You asked questions, and I was trying to help you find answers and understand what seems to me to be what was reported. I'll leave the rest up to you, hope that helped.

There are threads at WS where it can be discussed with others who may have tons of info.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-drainage-pipe-Bachman-Lake-Trail-3-Jan-2015
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...less-18-November-2014&highlight=tiffany+kelly

I am not arguing about Tiffany Kelly. We were talking about found bodies and her name came up. CM is still missing. Trying to determine if her body has been found or not.

Now this is an interesting point and one I don't think I know the answer to.

Several posters (and SteveS is one) have a signature bar that says that all their posts are just their own opinions, when I read the posts I assume that they are abiding by the rules and even if they don't actually type "imo" or "jmo" it is implied by the catch all signature.

I'm not asking you to tell me if this is correct but maybe a mod could confirm please (I'm sorry I don't know the procedure to ask one).

Just wanted to thank you for your insightful and thorough posts. They make total and complete sense, to ME.

I love Quailfoot's posts, too, always look forward to them. I know what "intent" means, I know they have to prove the charge. And it's not going to be simple, as you said with no witnesses and no proof. If he had "something to do with her disappearance",l what do you think it was? Giving her a ride, taking her to another guy, going to a motel? I'm just reaching for ideas, not trying to put myself in the courtroom yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member