GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #32 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to affidavits, EA was upset and CM was also upset. SN described CM as a little upset. I think she was more than a little upset. I think she was highly upset. They just seemed so fine walking into the garage. Both taking Adderall. Short fuses. It had to have happened in the Camaro. If he punched her in the face there would have been blood and I don't think he could have cleaned the blood from the garage in that short amount of time unless he returned with cleaning supplies. Just hard to rule out a third person in my opinion.
When I read this comment I cant help but remember the dogs picked up a "hit" in the garage close to where they parked.

No one was hiding. They were all there and 12 were sworn in to testify. But the judge cut short the fishing expedition.

(You don't have to actually be served the subpoena, if you are notified and simply agree to testify and show up. I suspect LE called them, got cooperation, and told the court, "We'll have them there.")

Did you go along to the courthouse or is there a detailed article that would fill in the gaps between the tweets?

Did you go along to the courthouse or is there a detailed article that would fill in the gaps between the tweets?

There were a ton of tweets, lots and lots of local news stories on TV with video, and quite a few articles written that filled in even more gaps, but no I don't have a comprehensive list. Sorry.

Maybe they were going somewhere together, which is why his car was seen leaving so quickly and then he was planning to bring here back to her car. Which is why he went back to SOL.

Just to keep things straight, yesterday was NOT a "probable cause" hearing. It was a hearing to address a Writ of Habeas Corpus (basically to challenge the size of the bond specified), plus several other motions. While it ultimately covered some of the same ground as a "probable cause" hearing might cover, it was not one.

ETA - There was not and will not be a "probable cause" hearing in this case. That is not required, since LE obtained an arrest warrant as we have been discussing for quite some time. An arrest warrant and a probable cause hearing are two alternatives provided to allow the same result.

There clearly is much confusion because the reporters yesterday were calling it a probable cause hearing.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crim...urt-bond-reduction-christina-morris/21801797/

When I read this comment I cant help but remember the dogs picked up a "hit" in the garage close to where they parked.

Just jumping off that.

Thinking about the theory that something happened in the 3 minute window in the garage and putting that together with the quantity of blood in the trunk IMO there would have to have also been blood on the ground in the parking garage and in significant enough quantity for the dogs to pick up.

We have no evidence of a blood hit in the garage which is partly what makes me think the incident happened elsewhere are Christina left the garage in the passenger seat.

@BF_StarNews Did detectives say that hair was found in Enrique's trunk? @StephanieCBS11's article from yesterday says PPD found hair.
@ChelleScarb @StephanieCBS11 no...

So, turns out that LE didn't report on that hair, so the article was bad reporting. I am guessing.

There were a ton of tweets, lots and lots of local news stories on TV with video, and quite a few articles written that filled in even more gaps, but no I don't have a comprehensive list. Sorry.

Thanks, I sure wish someone would write one.

Feel dumb asking, but how does someone use adderall recreationally? Just swallow it? Crush it and snort it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe it was said yesterday that all the people out with Christina and EA abused Adderall. What does that look like, i.e. how does a person act? TIA

@BF_StarNews Did detectives say that hair was found in Enrique's trunk? @StephanieCBS11's article from yesterday says PPD found hair.
@ChelleScarb @StephanieCBS11 no...

So, turns out that LE didn't report on that hair, so the article was bad reporting. I am guessing.

That's really poor reporting then, what has happened to standards and checking?

M
Maybe she was still alive when he put her in the trunk when they left the shops. She could have been knocked out and when he got to where he wanted to go and opened the trunk that's when she started to fight him. If he was trying to SA her or whatever he was doing to her. And if she wasn't knocked out a lot of people wouldn't know about a trunk release in the trunk . Jmo

But the trunk release is the only thing that's glowing in the dark trunk. I can't imagine she would have missed the bright handle while she laid there waiting for him to open it for her to begin fighting him.

If it were me I'd open the trunk and jump out regardless of how fast or where we were, there is no way I'd wait for him to stop and open it for me. Escape 101

There clearly is much confusion because the reporters yesterday were calling it a probable cause hearing.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crim...urt-bond-reduction-christina-morris/21801797/

Yeah, I saw that. But it wasn't.

Given the reporting and the misuse of terminology by some, it's obvious how anyone who wasn't already familiar with Texas law could be confused. Reporters do their best.

The "probable cause" issue was satisfied under Texas law by the arrest warrant. ('Probable cause" is the process of showing why the person should be arrested and put in jail.)

This was simply a hearing on the WoHC to challenge the size of the bond requirement that had been previously set. The best that the defense could have legally done yesterday would have been to reduce that amount. There were also a couple of other motions that were addressed.

Just to keep things straight, yesterday was NOT a "probable cause" hearing. It was a hearing to address a Writ of Habeas Corpus (basically to challenge the size of the bond specified), plus several other motions. While it ultimately covered some of the same ground as a "probable cause" hearing might cover, it was not one.

ETA - There was not and will not be a "probable cause" hearing in this case. That is not required, since LE obtained an arrest warrant as we have been discussing for quite some time. An arrest warrant and a probable cause hearing are two alternatives provided to allow the same result.

"The man charged with kidnapping in the disappearance of Christina Morris had his request for a bond reduction denied during a probable cause hearing Thursday."

"The man charged with kidnapping in the disappearance of Christina Morris had his request for a bond reduction denied during a probable cause hearing Thursday."

If the DNA is from semen and mixed with CM's DNA, it proves sex happened, and supports the sexual assault theory. Pretty sure there's not usually a lot of semen in a trunk.

You've obviously not been in the trunk I share with Mr. Sarabean!;)

Also, describe how you think a probable cause hearing should go? If a court of law asking detectives, arresting officers, and their experts to justify their arrests is a "fishing expedition," what do you propose the defense ask during a probable cause hearing?

Thank you. THIS ^^

I was thinking the same. These are sincere questions, (and I get it now why people specify that even though I consider all questions sincere) but pardon if my words lose their connotation or intended gentle tone at times in writing. But I, too, was wondering... how should the proceedings have been conducted differently so as not to be characterized as a fishing expedition? What happened that should not have happened? Or what happened that was against the law? I'm just curious and asking for follow up and others' thoughts. I admit I'm sincerely asking bc the posts were so fast yesterday that I was speed reading and skimming and trying to keep up. Clearly I may have missed something and if so I'll stand corrected. TIA.

Also is it not a plus that things are done lawfully the first time around such that appeal does not come heavily into the picture? (And I do realize appeals occur many times anyway, but some cases stand on more solid ground and have different salient points than others... depending on how proceedings are conducted and other related issues) (imo)

I find it strange that she would text leave the door open, if she knew HF was at the W Hotel as reported by fox news. Did she not know he was at the hotel? 3:50 am and still at the hotel sounds like he spent the night. This just throws a monkey wrench into the whole key things again. http://www.fox4news.com/story/27856631/christina-morris-kidnapping-suspect-hoping-to-get-out-of-jail

Agreed, but IMO many things in this case are strange. My issue is that I'm trying to apply logic and I think generally, criminal activity defies logic. Makes it hard for me to understand.

And this is not directed to you, but just me trying to understand..... If drugs are involved, how does that play out? EA wants good rock do he holds Cristina in exchange? Again, I'm looking for logic where there likely is none.

Who initially said that HF was home asleep that night? I'm just thinking if you are going to put a lie out, put a more believable one out there. Is that what LE told the family? Or did HF say that and that's what the family bought into. And did he delete or show the family the rock text?? Somethings off here and not sure why, other than again, <mod snip>.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste