GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #33 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MY APOLOGIES TO ALL. In the last couple of days I created something of a firestorm here when I offered the opinion that CM was “bleeding profusely” in EA’s trunk, based on the idea that “lots of blood” had been found in the trunk (which I also wrote previously, but which didn’t draw especial notice or consternation). All of that was based on my sincere belief that I had read essentially that information in a MSM article (but not in tweets) that followed the bond hearing. But I also wrote with the personal recollection that the info was already vetted and discussed here at WS (which is why I didn’t provide any links as I wrote it, because I didn’t think there was anything needing to be proved), and I had no sense in the least (nor intent) that I was somehow bringing something new or different when I made those statements.

Needless to say, I was surprised when my words caused such a reaction, and promised yesterday to all to pull out my links when I had a chance to get back on my laptop and explain, and I have since had a chance to look.

I WAS WRONG. Yes, when I posted those words based on “imo” and “to the best of my knowledge,” this was truly the best of my knowledge - but after looking for a while I was dismayed to discover that I cannot show what that “best of my knowledge” derived from. And despite a short perusal of about when I think the WS discussion may have occurred in the threads, I can’t find it there either. Did I see something and simply forget where I recorded the link, or forget to bookmark it at all? Maybe so, I dunno. Could I have mistaken what was being said? Perhaps so. While I can relate exactly what I recall having been written (which I will not do, to keep from confusing further), as to the point and the import, I have to say that maybe my recollection was just stupidity.

In any event, in some way or other, I was braindead and you should ignore what I wrote about that blood/bleeding and flog me as you wish, because I certainly deserve it.

I’m disappointed, because I certainly didn’t meet the standard of discussion I would expect of others, which certainly applies to me as well. My goal is clarity not confusion, and to aid in the quest to find Christina and to see the guilty punished properly. I clearly did not meet that standard.

To those who reacted negatively to my words, my apologies to you. We all have a right to post here without the distraction and annoyance of misinformation to wade through. To those who simply assumed I was right, my apologies as well, as I can’t demonstrate (even to myself) that I wrote accurately. To the mods and admins who had to clean up the confusion, I am sorry that I made your thankless task harder. And to the real-life associates of EA or CM who may have wandered by, my apologies for even unintentionally skewing the perception of what we know at this point. To all of you, rest assured I wrote what I did in good faith, but that doesn’t erase the fact that I messed up. Thank you for your patience.

I watched a show called Missing Persons Unit / Culberson on YouTube - LE took the same approach as far as charges. AK to keep him locked up until murder charge. No body and he was convicted. It was interesting. Not sure how to link or if it has been discussed. JMO

MY APOLOGIES TO ALL. In the last couple of days I created something of a firestorm here when I offered the opinion that CM was “bleeding profusely” in EA’s trunk, based on the idea that “lots of blood” had been found in the trunk (which I also wrote previously, but which didn’t draw especial notice or consternation). All of that was based on my sincere belief that I had read essentially that information in a MSM article (but not in tweets) that followed the bond hearing. But I also wrote with the personal recollection that the info was already vetted and discussed here at WS (which is why I didn’t provide any links as I wrote it, because I didn’t think there was anything needing to be proved), and I had no sense in the least (nor intent) that I was somehow bringing something new or different when I made those statements.

Needless to say, I was surprised when my words caused such a reaction, and promised yesterday to all to pull out my links when I had a chance to get back on my laptop and explain, and I have since had a chance to look.

I WAS WRONG. Yes, when I posted those words based on “imo” and “to the best of my knowledge,” this was truly the best of my knowledge - but after looking for a while I was dismayed to discover that I cannot show what that “best of my knowledge” derived from. And despite a short perusal of about when I think the WS discussion may have occurred in the threads, I can’t find it there either. Did I see something and simply forget where I recorded the link, or forget to bookmark it at all? Maybe so, I dunno. Could I have mistaken what was being said? Perhaps so. While I can relate exactly what I recall having been written (which I will not do, to keep from confusing further), as to the point and the import, I have to say that maybe my recollection was just stupidity.

In any event, in some way or other, I was braindead and you should ignore what I wrote about that blood/bleeding and flog me as you wish, because I certainly deserve it.

I’m disappointed, because I certainly didn’t meet the standard of discussion I would expect of others, which certainly applies to me as well. My goal is clarity not confusion, and to aid in the quest to find Christina and to see the guilty punished properly. I clearly did not meet that standard.

To those who reacted negatively to my words, my apologies to you. We all have a right to post here without the distraction and annoyance of misinformation to wade through. To those who simply assumed I was right, my apologies as well, as I can’t demonstrate (even to myself) that I wrote accurately. To the mods and admins who had to clean up the confusion, I am sorry that I made your thankless task harder. And to the real-life associates of EA or CM who may have wandered by, my apologies for even unintentionally skewing the perception of what we know at this point. To all of you, rest assured I wrote what I did in good faith, but that doesn’t erase the fact that I messed up. Thank you for your patience.

What a graciously offered apology! I, for one, will certainly forgive you. Everyone makes mistakes. Moreover, sometimes it is just not possible to grind down to the point where misconceptions happen, even in our own minds. Well-worded, SteveS.

Here is an interesting article about touch DNA specifically, which we would hope to bd the type of DNA they could find within his vehicle if she had been a passenger (as opposed to bodily fluids.) there is a section in this article that addresses the question of whether or not Touch DNA is always left behind. (Not necessarily)

I thought I'd pass this info along. It is an interesting read.

http://www.ryanforensicdna.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/Touch_DNA_article.59101908.pdf

That is interesting information! I have thought that if she WAS in the passenger seat of the car by choice, a likely place for evidence that could be missed when vacuumed or wiped down, would be in the interior handle of the inside of the door (when she would have pulled it shut, from inside). Sometimes the interior grip/handle is a somewhat rough surface, that might catch more DNA off the hand (in my car it is...not sure about a Camaro). Also the buckle to the seat belt (assuming she put on the seat belt, if she was in there), where she would have had to grip it, to click it shut & open it.

This is clipped from your above posted touch DNA information, which talks about those types of factors:

Type of Contact
Goray, et al, (2010) demonstrated that factors such as pressure and friction can
also relate to how much DNA is transferred onto a touched object. An increase in the amount of
pressure applied tends to lead to an increase in the amount of DNA transferred and the application of
friction to the contact increases the amount of DNA transferred even further.

Substrate
Rough surfaces (wood, concrete, grooved surfaces) tend to collect and retain skin cell
DNA better than smooth surfaces. This is why the grip and trigger area of a gun, which are generally
rougher, are swabbed for DNA while the smooth areas can be processed for latent prints.

I would assume that those likely areas were swabbed and tested, but who knows how much EA might have been able to wipe/clean before LE processed the car. I wouldn't think that the lack of touch DNA within the car, alone, would definitively prove that she was never in there. So I assume that LE has more evidence than we're aware of for the basis of their belief (that she was only in the trunk). But that is only my opinion -- I'm certainly open to other possibilities!

Ack! O/T Do all Brits call Americans Yanks? I shudder at the thought.

I am a lifelong Texas Ranger fan and we do NOT like the Yankees.
Heh. This reminds me of my teen years, spent as an Ohio transplant in SC -- never thought of myself as a "yankee" until my first day in South Carolina. Pretty sure at least one person a day called me that during my 5-6 years there! [emoji6]

Steve, no flogging needed, IMO. I still think that *the words that shan't be uttered* could be inferred from the information recently released, but of course, that is my opinion.

The only reason I can think of is to see if she locked her keys in her car. Maybe EA was going to give her a ride back to the apartments if she found that to be the case. JMO

y'all are getting way out in left field on a source that has been shown to be unreliable. He is a tweet from Britney feagan from during the hearing:

Brittany Feagans @BF_StarNews · Jan 15
Texts from #ChristinaMorris to Hunter Foster asked how to get into house, said on her way home, lost keys, found keys, photo of keys

even if JMcE did say she was getting a ride home (which is questionable family and/or their reps say they never spoke to this blogger) she has since said otherwise. So there is no real evidence her car keys were ever lost and NO evidence she walk to garage with out her car key there is infact evidence suggesting this is NOT the case.

Steve, no flogging needed, IMO. I still think that *the words that shan't be uttered* could be inferred from the information recently released, but of course, that is my opinion.

Yes, no flogging needed. I also inferred the same thing based on the testimony the detective gave.

I can't help when I read that but think, why lie about where you were to her mom HF? I mean what would be so bad saying "I was out at the W" really?
She already had to know he was a dumbass whether he was sleeping or at the W. I dont get why he lied.

I bet someone will say he was on dope so maybe he didn't recall :crosseyed:
Don't buy it. Not saying he killed christina. Just wondering why he lied

is there other sources for this information other than uptown dallas girl?

y'all are getting way out in left field on a source that has been shown to be unreliable. He is a tweet from Britney feagan from during the hearing:

even if JMcE did say she was getting a ride home (which is questionable family and/or their reps say they never spoke to this blogger) she has since said otherwise. So there is no real evidence her car keys were ever lost and NO evidence she walk to garage with out her car key there is infact evidence suggesting this is NOT the case.

When did Jonni say she never spoke to this blogger? She did an interview with her. Maybe someone should email the blogger and inquire where her info came from. It seems odd that Jonni would not publicly say the blog interview never occurred if it was not true. She very quickly announced that the National Enquirer article was not accurate. JMOM said that Jonni "doesn't speak" to the blogger as opposed to "never did an interview" with her.

Too many witnesses and too public to put her into a dumpster behind a business between 4:00am and 5:00am? Outside of possibly a homeless person, I don't see it being at all active. Definitely not too public since they are usually in a dark alley.

It would only take a couple of minutes to toss her into a dumpster along with her things. He wasn't going to stick around after, imo.

*No letters please. Did not mean any offense to the homeless. We have an abundance here who are dumpster divers in the wee hours, sad to say.

How new are the Shop of Legacy and the surrounding area? I think most shopping center and office complexes now have cameras on the dumpsters to keep people from dumping there. Some are also locked within brick or cement enclosures. Is this the case there? Does anyone know?

Surely, during the initial canvasses, the police would have asked the property owners about all cameras on the premises.

I believe all their wording was done for the benefit of the hearing.. They didn't want to release any more than needed... but just enough to ensure EA stays where he is.. JMO

also I think all we are hearing is snippets from what was obviously and involved back and forth conversation between the DA and the expert and then the defense and the expert. I'm guessing if we were to even see a transcript then I bet the meaning and the intent of the statements would be much clearer.

When did Jonni say she never spoke to this blogger? She did an interview with her. Maybe someone should email the blogger and inquire where her info came from. It seems odd that Jonni would not publicly say the blog interview never occurred if it was not true. She very quickly announced that the National Enquirer article was not accurate. JMOM said that Jonni "doesn't speak" to the blogger as opposed to "never did an interview" with her.

There have been quite a few articles with misinformation that Jonni has not addressed. It's probably the last thing on her mind.
IMO, UptownGirl is not MSM, she's a blogger (from what I've seen that is generally not allowed on WS).
Regardless of the source of her information, so many of the statements in her article have been found to be inaccurate when compared to information released by LE (IMO)

How new are the Shop of Legacy and the surrounding area? I think most shopping center and office complexes now have cameras on the dumpsters to keep people from dumping there. Some are also locked within brick or cement enclosures. Is this the case there? Does anyone know?

Surely, during the initial canvasses, the police would have asked the property owners about all cameras on the premises.

I don't believe we know the date that LE went to Sprint and found that the video footage had already been recorded over, but I would imagine that companies don't store too much footage of their dumpster before they record over it. It's possible that they went to look for video from dumpsters on Sept 3rd but it was too late, as it had already been 4-5 days

Most of us will agree CM was in the trunk of EA's car, based on the evidence. Without other evidence, we have two scenarios: CM left the parking garage in the trunk of EA's car, or she left the parking garage, as a passenger, and ended up in EA's trunk at some other point during those early morning hours. (The LE statement that they think she left the garage in EA's trunk is not backed up by evidence we are privy to, so I'm still working with the two possibilities.)

Then, we have the time in between phone pings at SOL (those we can document, LE probably has many more), and the time after EA's phone ping near his home and when he shows up on gas station video and at work. Again, two scenarios: CM was taken out of EA's trunk sometime before EA's phone ping near his home, or sometime between the phone ping near his home and the gas station video. (To me, the LE statement that they believe she was in EA's trunk when he went home is kind of nebulous, not evidential, so I've still got the two scenarios on the table.)

Here are some thoughts I have: EA is a young adult, so think about the young adults in your world--most of them are not hardened criminals, most of them don't necessarily make the best decisions even when not impaired by alcohol and drugs. Based on that, I feel EA would have taken CM out of his trunk before returning home. He's scared, panicked, just thinking "get her gone and out of my car!" He goes home, and that time--between the ping and gas station video and work--is spent cleaning the heck out of his car.

IF CM was in EA's trunk when he went home, then I lean more toward her ending up in the trunk later (not in the garage), because I'm not sure he would have driven around with CM in his trunk for very long.

I would love to hear from those of you with the case info at your fingertips, and from those who live around that area and have a feel for where Christina may have been taken out of EA's trunk given the time frames to do so. Again, I do not think EA is a criminal mastermind--I think he just got lucky CM hasn't been found before now.

Thank you to all of you who are working so hard with the information we have to come up with realistic ideas of where Christina can be found. My heart breaks for her family, and I am hopeful answers will be forthcoming for them.

An online dictionary defines hardened as "rigidly set" and then adds "as to mode of behavior." The Urban Dictionary has a rather amusing definition that may or may not apply to the current POI; I am thinking probably not. Then there is a blog post by a guy called Jeff Ferrell called Culture, Crime, and Cultural Criminology. My point is that we have different ways of understanding the term hardened criminal. My point is that most of what we know about EA comes from the LE, people who know him and have commented, often in social media, speculations based upon his behavior that can be documented before and after the crime.

Many people think hardened criminals are people who have been to prison, and clearly, he has not. I would be interested (if it is not off-topic) to know how other people define the term hardened criminal. I think there is more of a crime fiction/popular culture understanding of the term than any legal definition, but I am willing to be shown to be wrong.

Is it known (as in, public knowledge) whether or not landfills have been searched (for Christina)?

I seriously doubt it think of the size of the landfills involved they is a humongously populated metro area (top 5 in the US?). And they don't have any Idea what dumpster or the exact day when it would have come. It would take a massive massive effort to do this. I think you would have heard about that. I don't think they'll search the landfill unless some evidence points to it being more that one of many possibilities and the possible dumpsters are narrowed down. All just my opinion.

Two things: the incoming call at 3:37 was a four minute call from ALP.
And WHY did it take 25 minutes to walk what the detectives say was a ten minute walk??

http://starlocalmedia.com/allenamerican/news/from-the-courtroom-arochi-probable-cause-hearing-notes/article_14dd4862-9de4-11e4-b48e-5765cf2b7e65.html

Stamm estimates it’s about a 10-minute walk from Paulina Petrosky’s apartment to the parking garage. It’s believed they walked down Parkwood Boulevard and turned left onto Legacy Drive.

Since people here walked it as said about 20 minutes and someone else put it in their phone and got 20 and 20 minutes fits the time line I'm guessing it is just a poor estimate by the detective. IMO the discrepancy in walk time is much ado about nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat