GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #37 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe so, but he/she seems very knowledgeable about law and is able to discuss the case without any emotional attachment one way or the other. :)

BBM - that is what I enjoy also about the SAR posters who have joined us in the past. There are verified lawyers on other threads - I sure wish they would join us here. JMO

We keep forgetting though that he had three or four days.
Who can prove her body was disposed of by 11 a.m. Saturday morning?

He may have been late to work just trying to find out where to hide her if she died at his house.
Then, since he was so trashed from the night out and possibly doing more drugs, he may have been late to work because of those two reasons. Maybe he hadn't figured out what to do about Christina yet.
Rather than call in sick, he thought it would look better if he at least showed up for work.

How come the idea he disposed of the body before he went to work is the only option possible? He may have ventured out Saturday night to accomplish hiding her.
We haven't heard anything about what EA did from after work on Saturday until the day CM was reported missing.

BBM - The above (bolded part) is what I would love to know. Bet you LE knows by now or has an idea. We (the general public) don't know when/where/what EA did. Some of the possibilities I don't even like to entertain but it is possible this was not all taken care of by the time he went to work. JMO

BBM - that is what I enjoy also about the SAR posters who have joined us in the past. There are verified lawyers on other threads - I sure wish they would join us here. JMO
I agree 10000% with you & Mikay
I would absolutely prefer to see input and genuine perspective from those Verified that do not have any emotional attachment to any particular case,including this one. :moo::moo::moo::moo:

It said Instant Messenger. I assume since they took EA's computer, it was indeed instant messenger.
Haven't caught up yet, so someone might've mentioned this but, my Skype app at work sends instant messages. Also I use Google Hangouts on my phone and I'd consider those instant messages. Two cents.

Respectfully, we’re only hearing one side of the story here; that of the young man who was pulled over. Perhaps his car matched the description of a vehicle involved in a crime in the area, or maybe his just happened to be the only vehicle on the road in an area where a crime had just been reported. His description of the officer “tailing” him might just be his own perception of a police car driving behind him. Clearly there are “good cops” and “bad cops”, but I tend to think that the majority of them are trying their best to do a good job and truly have the best interest of the community at heart. I believe that is why PPD notified APD of the possible “sexual assault of a child” that they discovered while investigating EA for the AK of CM. I am sorry to hear of others’ bad experiences with police in the past, and I understand how that may shape perceptions. One bad cop makes the job harder for all of the good ones. JMO

I COMPLETELY agree with you on this. My dad was a LEO and believes in what it means; to protect and be of service to the citizens of the community which sometimes simultaneously means having to ensure other citizens are removed from the streets and locked up due to public danger. He has seen things one doesn't ever just conveniently get to forget; things no one should ever have to see.
When it was found, after she was an adult and well after the fact that a family member had been a victim of SA from her step-father my dad could not sit idly on and he notified the police on her behalf. Yes, it should've been at my family member's discretion on whether or not she chose to pursue this, but I cannot blame my dad, whose LE mentality prevented him from being able to possess the knowledge of a crime having taken place and not take action. Other posters may be appalled at my dad's decision to intervene on her behalf and I did gently remind him, several times, this was her albatross to carry, not his, but please remember, his intentions were purely to protect someone he understood had been abused, and this is my dad, so I'm going to have some outsized loyalty. I thank you in advance for understanding that and not attacking.
Whether LE's motivations are simply to add to the case against EA or not is a moot point, because it's done already. Charges have been brought against him on this matter. In my experience, it is most LEO's mentality to be able to identify a serious crime (which SA of a child is, every time, regardless of assumed consent) and take action and it's terribly unfair to accuse LE of "not caring about a victim" or "using a victim"; we cannot speak to an entire force's motivations nor can we speculate one police officer's intervention was self serving.
With all that being said, I have certainly witnessed and heard tales of "bad cop" behavior, but I've witnessed and heard far more good which allows me to trust in that collective good outweighing the bad one offs.

This was a very good article!
And they say Girlfriend!

I do believe there is going to be some heated discussion or protests about this.

They went to her Mother!

Mom did not go to them!
answered my question.

The way I read the article the gf was RA, not the underage girl.

The way I read the article the gf was RA, not the underage girl.

It says in the warrant (which is on BFs Twitter and on this thread), that he sent Rand a message in Nov 2014, I am glad I *** that girl. Or something close.

My last post tonight!
Yes, but LE believes (for some unknown reason) EA returned to his home with Christina in his trunk. Why would he even do that if something happened to her prior to 5:00 a.m.
So far, LE insists she was in his trunk when he exited the garage.
Yet he drives awhile then returns to the Shops at Legacy area once again.
Here's where and why I can't lose the idea he met up with somebody where ever he was near the Shops during those final phone pings.

IMO, I wouldn't necessarily bet all my dollars on LE being committed to the belief that EA left the garage or returned home with CM in his trunk, if we're solely basing it on the evidence we've seen. LE uses words very intentionally. LE can and will deliberately fan the flames of inflammatory statements to either elicit a desired outcome. In interrogations, this may be used to get a telling response from a suspected perpetrator (ex: suspect exclaiming "that's not what happened!" LE asking: "It's not? Well, why don't you start explaining what did happen, then..."). In instances like this, it may LE's hope for a correct guess with the goal of planting the seed of fear and speculation of additional evidence in a perpetrators mind which could start causing the perpetrator to start asking their attorney about plea deals. They may also have additional evidence which cause a definitive belief in this (ex: clear surveillance footage from businesses, witnesses in his neighborhood who reported seeing him arrive home, appearing to be alone, etc), we just don't know.
To your question of why he may have put her in his trunk before returning home if something bad had already happened prior to 5:00 (or any time before 5:32, for that matter), IMO, I would imagine he wouldn't want her to be visible. If he did not take 121 home, then he ran the risk of seeing more patrol officers and other motorists on the road. All routes home, with the exception of 121 or DNT S to George Bush to 75 are going to require multiple red lights and a lower speed limit. If there were other drivers on the road (I wouldn't think there would be many, but I also wouldn't think there would be zero), not to mention, LE themselves patrolling for labor day weekend, he wouldn't very well want to pull up to a red light with a passenger who is injured, or worse, potentially visible to other motorists. The trunk would be the safest bet for concealment.
IMO, I'm of the camp that he probably acted alone. In that being my perspective, I can only speculate that he went back to the shops due to:
A) being in a state of panic/shock over what had potentially already occurred, he momentarily thought about staging something to minimize the appearance of his involvement, but then decided it was too risky.
B) While I don't necessarily believe an attack happened in the garage, I don't refute that it could have. If it did, he may have been going back to see if any of her belongings or other evidence had been left behind in a struggle/attack.
C) She may have been just fine at this point. They may have ridden around, talked, partook in the peace pipe (pure speculation, we only know he admitted to smoking pot we do not know if she smoked too) and she may have asked him to bring her back to her car. He may have driven this way, but in a last ditch effort to make a move, he pulled in to an area within close proximity to 5800 Granite Pkwy and attacked her. (Due to the verified time stamps of the information we have, I find this an unlikely scenario)
D)They may have never been too far away from S@L; maybe for whatever reason, EA exited soon after Custer and started immediately heading started heading back to the shops, putting them closer to the shops much sooner than 4:47 and 4:56. At that time 5800 Granite Pkwy would have been an unpopulated construction zone and workers would not have been there. Maybe this is where she was attacked, or maybe he pulled in here to move her to his trunk compartment, or maybe this is where he disposed of her purse and phone.

The phone pings....I've thought a lot about those and IMO, I think there's just as much in what LE hasn't told us as to what they have actually have told us. The affidavit is worded exactly as follows: "According to these data records, Enrique Gutierrez Arochi's cellular device last communicated with this tower on August 30, 2014 at 0456 hours. Christina Morris' cellular device last communicated with the exact same tower and same side of that tower as Arochi's cellular device on August 30, 2014 at 447 hours." We do not know what time the phones started pinging the tower, we just know when they last pinged. Maybe they started as soon as 4:18, maybe they didn't start until 4:30, or maybe they didn't start until 4:47. Why the 9 minute gap between last known communication pings? Maybe he destroyed her phone, maybe her phone, not yet having shut down due to battery issues, finally did so, maybe he shut her phone off manually. The statement goes on to illustrate Affiant's knowledge of there being other towers between S@L and EA's home. The next paragraph of the phone ping information states "Based on the cellar data records reviewed by Detective Rich, Officer Benzick, and Affiant, following the last recorded communication by Enrique Gutierrez Arochi's cellular device with the tower by the Shops at Legacy on August 30, 2014 at 0456 hours, Arochi's cellular data records indicate his cellular device communicated with a cellular tower on the same date at 0532 hours." It then goes on to say it was the one by his house. I don't think there was a hole in his phone pings from 4:56 to 5:32 and the statement does not indicate there was, it just doesn't give us that information; I tend to believe the little piggy pinged, pinged, pinged, all the way home and that LE knows the exact route he took, therefore they were able to request surveillance from businesses, banks, ATM machines, gas stations, maybe even residential security cameras and may have even seen something helpful (ex: lack of damage to his vehicle, lack of a passenger, presence of a passenger, etc.).

IMO, I wouldn't necessarily bet all my dollars on LE being committed to the belief that EA left the garage or returned home with CM in his trunk, if we're solely basing it on the evidence we've seen. LE uses words very intentionally. LE can and will deliberately fan the flames of inflammatory statements to either elicit a desired outcome. In interrogations, this may be used to get a telling response from a suspected perpetrator (ex: suspect exclaiming "that's not what happened!" LE asking: "It's not? Well, why don't you start explaining what did happen, then..."). In instances like this, it may LE's hope for a correct guess with the goal of planting the seed of fear and speculation of additional evidence in a perpetrators mind which could start causing the perpetrator to start asking their attorney about plea deals. They may also have additional evidence which cause a definitive belief in this (ex: clear surveillance footage from businesses, witnesses in his neighborhood who reported seeing him arrive home, appearing to be alone, etc), we just don't know.
To your question of why he may have put her in his trunk before returning home if something bad had already happened prior to 5:00 (or any time before 5:32, for that matter), IMO, I would imagine he wouldn't want her to be visible. If he did not take 121 home, then he ran the risk of seeing more patrol officers and other motorists on the road. All routes home, with the exception of 121 or DNT S to George Bush to 75 are going to require multiple red lights and a lower speed limit. If there were other drivers on the road (I wouldn't think there would be many, but I also wouldn't think there would be zero), not to mention, LE themselves patrolling for labor day weekend, he wouldn't very well want to pull up to a red light with a passenger who is injured, or worse, potentially visible to other motorists. The trunk would be the safest bet for concealment.
IMO, I'm of the camp that he probably acted alone. In that being my perspective, I can only speculate that he went back to the shops due to:
A) being in a state of panic/shock over what had potentially already occurred, he momentarily thought about staging something to minimize the appearance of his involvement, but then decided it was too risky.
B) While I don't necessarily believe an attack happened in the garage, I don't refute that it could have. If it did, he may have been going back to see if any of her belongings or other evidence had been left behind in a struggle/attack.
C) She may have been just fine at this point. They may have ridden around, talked, partook in the peace pipe (pure speculation, we only know he admitted to smoking pot we do not know if she smoked too) and she may have asked him to bring her back to her car. He may have driven this way, but in a last ditch effort to make a move, he pulled in to an area within close proximity to 5800 Granite Pkwy and attacked her. (Due to the verified time stamps of the information we have, I find this an unlikely scenario)
D)They may have never been too far away from S@L; maybe for whatever reason, EA exited soon after Custer and started immediately heading started heading back to the shops, putting them closer to the shops much sooner than 4:47 and 4:56. At that time 5800 Granite Pkwy would have been an unpopulated construction zone and workers would not have been there. Maybe this is where she was attacked, or maybe he pulled in here to move her to his trunk compartment, or maybe this is where he disposed of her purse and phone.

The phone pings....I've thought a lot about those and IMO, I think there's just as much in what LE hasn't told us as to what they have actually have told us. The affidavit is worded exactly as follows: "According to these data records, Enrique Gutierrez Arochi's cellular device last communicated with this tower on August 30, 2014 at 0456 hours. Christina Morris' cellular device last communicated with the exact same tower and same side of that tower as Arochi's cellular device on August 30, 2014 at 447 hours." We do not know what time the phones started pinging the tower, we just know when they last pinged. Maybe they started as soon as 4:18, maybe they didn't start until 4:30, or maybe they didn't start until 4:47. Why the 9 minute gap between last known communication pings? Maybe he destroyed her phone, maybe her phone, not yet having shut down due to battery issues, finally did so, maybe he shut her phone off manually. The statement goes on to illustrate Affiant's knowledge of there being other towers between S@L and EA's home. The next paragraph of the phone ping information states "Based on the cellar data records reviewed by Detective Rich, Officer Benzick, and Affiant, following the last recorded communication by Enrique Gutierrez Arochi's cellular device with the tower by the Shops at Legacy on August 30, 2014 at 0456 hours, Arochi's cellular data records indicate his cellular device communicated with a cellular tower on the same date at 0532 hours." It then goes on to say it was the one by his house. I don't think there was a hole in his phone pings from 4:56 to 5:32 and the statement does not indicate there was, it just doesn't give us that information; I tend to believe the little piggy pinged, pinged, pinged, all the way home and that LE knows the exact route he took, therefore they were able to request surveillance from businesses, banks, ATM machines, gas stations, maybe even residential security cameras and may have even seen something helpful (ex: lack of damage to his vehicle, lack of a passenger, presence of a passenger, etc.).
Pings - you may very well be right, but iirc, a VI once hinted that the Ping at Custer/121 indicated that his phone was intentionally turned off. The VI was spot on most of the time.

Pings - you may very well be right, but iirc, a VI once hinted that the Ping at Custer/121 indicated that his phone was intentionally turned off. The VI was spot on most of the time.

I don't remember seeing that here, but I don't doubt it was said here, and by a VI at that. I think I also recall reading a statement by the PI that indicated she had an indicator that his phone was turned off somewhere around Custer/121 and that bothering her. I don't remember if it was a news article, a comment on social media, or what the source was, so to add to what you are saying, I think I have seen that information mentioned somewhere as well, but I only a foggy memory.
If he did, in fact, shut his phone off somewhere around Custer/121 (4:08), we know that it pinged again at 4:56 @ 5800 Granite Pkwy. IMO, this indicates:
1) He turned his phone off after or around 4:08 a.m., but turned it back on at 4:56. Maybe switching it on was just momentary and he immediately cut it back off, but I don't understand his thought process if that was the case. I would assume he would've just kept it off rather than on @ Granite Pkwy/off for commute/on again once @ home. The very nature of turning it off in the first place would either indicate an effort to prevent his whereabouts being tracked via cellular data or maybe he was afraid he would accidentally butt dial his g/f with another female in the vehicle so he turned it off. I tend to believe the first reason would be his reason for shutting the phone off.
The one thing we do not know, is since Christina's phone pinged at 4:47, was it pinging from 4:08-4:47 if EA's phone was not, still allowing a digital footprint to be left in regards to where they may have travelled?
2) He's SO dumb...in all seriousness, I really did have a legitimate second thought, but I can't remember now what that was. If I remember I'll follow up.

Didn't we hear from someone that worked at a cell phone company that a phone can continue to ping, even when turned off, as long as it has enough battery power?
I think the info about him turning off the phone came from Paula the PI.
Or maybe LE was able to trace pings from the other phones in his car? I wonder if those were activated and could send pings.

I wish we could explore the topic of pings and possible routes while working with every ping that LE knows. But they're keeping that data close to the vest.

It's possible that the PI was able to obtain and examine the pings from CM's phone, but I'm skeptical of any claims about EA's. I don't see any feasible way for the PI to have obtained any of those EA phone records.

I don't remember seeing that here, but I don't doubt it was said here, and by a VI at that. I think I also recall reading a statement by the PI that indicated she had an indicator that his phone was turned off somewhere around Custer/121 and that bothering her. I don't remember if it was a news article, a comment on social media, or what the source was, so to add to what you are saying, I think I have seen that information mentioned somewhere as well, but I only a foggy memory.
If he did, in fact, shut his phone off somewhere around Custer/121 (4:08), we know that it pinged again at 4:56 @ 5800 Granite Pkwy. IMO, this indicates:
1) He turned his phone off after or around 4:08 a.m., but turned it back on at 4:56. Maybe switching it on was just momentary and he immediately cut it back off, but I don't understand his thought process if that was the case. I would assume he would've just kept it off rather than on @ Granite Pkwy/off for commute/on again once @ home. The very nature of turning it off in the first place would either indicate an effort to prevent his whereabouts being tracked via cellular data or maybe he was afraid he would accidentally butt dial his g/f with another female in the vehicle so he turned it off. I tend to believe the first reason would be his reason for shutting the phone off.
The one thing we do not know, is since Christina's phone pinged at 4:47, was it pinging from 4:08-4:47 if EA's phone was not, still allowing a digital footprint to be left in regards to where they may have travelled?
2) He's SO dumb...in all seriousness, I really did have a legitimate second thought, but I can't remember now what that was. If I remember I'll follow up.

He could have.turned the phone back on to see if he missed a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal