GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #37 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as he (EA) knew, HF was expecting CM home around 5 am. I think he wanted her body gone as fast as possible, because he also knew that HF would know he was the last one with CM since she used his phone. Meaning as soon as CM was reported missing, EA would be the first one questioned.

EA had it in his mind that LE or HF could potentially be contacting him by 6 to ask about CM not making it home. That's why I think she was hidden very quickly.

Maybe, maybe not. IMO.
Too bad it didn't work out that way though (HF reporting Christina missing at 6:00 a.m. or even before noon).

I forgot to add, HF NEVER reported Christina missing.
She wasn't reported missing until after 11:00 p.m. on Tuesday (she was last seen or heard from just prior to 4:00 a.m. on Saturday).

Observation:

Some have said this is a high-profile case (which I think it is, at least locally)... However, when I happen to mention it, to just about anyone I associate with, they either don't know what I'm talking about, or say "yeah, I think I've heard something about that".. weird.

I consider these people certainly well-read & informed.. They usually know about national news, other local news & events... I guess after CM initially went missing, they sort of lost track & don't think about it unless there are updates..

Any thoughts?

Sometimes inturn off my phone when the battery is low and I turn it on every now and again to see if I missed someone trying to reach me. Then turn it off again

Respectfully, maybe this has something to do with the carrier. I have Sprint and I've tried calling my cell that had been turned off several times today and didn't get any missed call info.

Observation:

Some have said this is a high-profile case (which I think it is, at least locally)... However, when I happen to mention it, to just about anyone I associate with, they either don't know what I'm talking about, or say "yeah, I think I've heard something about that".. weird.

I consider these people certainly well-read & informed.. They usually know about national news, other local news & events... I guess after CM initially went missing, they sort of lost track & don't think about it unless there are updates..

Any thoughts?
I've had the same feedback

Woe.be.gone said:
One factor that bothers me about this is that LE doesn't really care about the young lady. I mean, maybe they do but that's not the reason they brought charges. They're just looking to pile crimes on EA so they can keep him in jail.

Respectfully, while this rape arrest certainly came as a result of LE scouring EA's actions for evidence, I think you're completely wrong here on the motivation for all the above.

LE discovered that a crime - a FELONY - had been committed. It's a predatory crime, and you are suggesting they should have looked the other way instead? I know people in LE, and that is NOT how they operate. Yes, I know EA's mouthpiece wants to create the mindset that if EA did it, the law must be wrong and LE must be biased to enforce it, but that's just a paid enabler talking.

As others here have noted, CM would still be with us if EA had been arrested and locked up for the prior predatory act on this young victim (and yes, it is a predatory mindset that has an older man preying on an underage impressionable girl to get sex, which is exactly what EA did). One predatory act can lead to another, and usually does. It's too late to rewind that story, but it's not too late to punish one rape case and let it be an example to others who will see the law being enforced and be deterred from going down that same path of their own.

LE never looked at anyone seriously as a suspect after seeing EA on tape with CM and last known person to be seen with CM.... AND PP and SB's statement to LE as to EA's mood when he left the apartment

It also should be mentioned that while LE was getting an open book from everyone else (at least from what we have been told), they saw EA lying to them repeatedly about his actions, covering up, making up stories that didn't check out, erasing phone records, and on and on. Any investigator worth his salt is going to recognize those actions for what they tell ...and, LE to their credit put 2 and 2 together and found the evidence that EA was indeed THE BAD GUY who had abducted CM and who knows where he left her.

Respectfully, while this rape arrest certainly came as a result of LE scouring EA's actions for evidence, I think you're completely wrong here on the motivation for all the above.

LE discovered that a crime - a FELONY - had been committed. It's a predatory crime, and you are suggesting they should have looked the other way instead? I know people in LE, and that is NOT how they operate. Yes, I know EA's mouthpiece wants to create the mindset that if EA did it, the law must be wrong and LE must be biased to enforce it, but that's just a paid enabler talking.

As others here have noted, CM would still be with us if EA had been arrested and locked up for the prior predatory act on this young victim (and yes, it is a predatory mindset that has an older man preying on an underage impressionable girl to get sex, which is exactly what EA did). One predatory act can lead to another, and usually does. It's too late to rewind that story, but it's not too late to punish one rape case and let it be an example to others who will see the law being enforced and be deterred from going down that same path of their own.
Actually, I don't believe Woe is wrong at all. I have seen case after case where crimes (some more serious than dating a girl barely out of legal range) have been overlooked because of the larger crime already charged and in play. It isn't in the scope of where their investigation is going at the time. However, if LE wants to pile on the charges to insure the perp isn't going anywhere soon...as in this case where they want to draw it out until they find her body and can charge for Murder 1...they will use every tiny infraction in order to do it. SOP.

EA screwing around with a girl slightly younger who he was dating for 6 months doesn't show aggressive behavior, imo. It doesn't have anything to do with CM's case other than to add time for them to keep him in jail. Predatory? Hardly. He was 22 and she was going on 17. I truly believe the maturity level of a 22 year old male is about equal to that of an average 17 year old female. Girls do mature faster than boys and it puts the law out of sync with the reality, imo. Psychology and intelligence of older teens weren't taken into consideration when making such laws.

But again...it has nothing to do with CM's case and he would not have been charged if it had not come up during the course of this case so EA would not have been in jail.

It also should be mentioned that while LE was getting an open book from everyone else (at least from what we have been told), they saw EA lying to them repeatedly about his actions, covering up, making up stories that didn't check out, erasing phone records, and on and on. Any investigator worth his salt is going to recognize those actions for what they tell ...and, LE to their credit put 2 and 2 together and found the evidence that EA was indeed THE BAD GUY who had abducted CM and who knows where he left her.
For starters, we don't know if LE was getting "open book" from everyone else or not. I know one they were not getting all the answers from initially (not sure they have gotten all their answers from that person yet either). When we cannot discuss others who have been misleading and caused this case to falter because of possible outright lies, omissions, and/or failure to report then it isn't exactly fair to say there are no other viable suspects.

And as far as ace detectives and DAs go...they will only charge and try what they feel they can prove and win. If it means another person could have been involved, but they cannot find the proof... they are not going to include that person in their theory to present to a jury. But bet your bottom dollar the defense will!

I have seen case after case where crimes (some more serious than dating a girl barely out of legal range) have been overlooked because of the larger crime already charged and in play. It isn't in the scope of where their investigation is going at the time. However, if LE wants to pile on the charges to insure the perp isn't going anywhere soon...as in this case where they want to draw it out until they find her body and can charge for Murder 1...they will use every tiny infraction in order to do it. SOP.

-------

EA screwing around with a girl slightly younger who he was dating for 6 months doesn't show aggressive behavior, imo. It doesn't have anything to do with CM's case other than to add time for them to keep him in jail. Predatory? Hardly.

"crimes (some more serious than dating a girl barely out of legal range) have been overlooked" - - I strongly disagree with your view of the seriousness of rape. And if LE simply wanted to pile on the charges, as you suggest, there were any number of drug and DUI crimes that EA admitted to, on video.

This is not a crime of "dating." It's a crime of rape. If this 22-year-old man had simply dated this young (16 yr old) high-schooler, taken her out to dinner and the movies and such, he wouldn't be facing 20 years. The law is written with the understanding that a 22-yr-old probably has way more sexual experience, way more sexual expectations, and a few tricks from experience. They are not on even footing in her making such a choice about whether sex is okay for the situation.

"EA screwing around with a girl slightly younger who he was dating for 6 months doesn't show aggressive behavior, imo."...IMO it shows EXACTLY that. He took advantage of a younger, impressionable girl who would cave to his whims because he was older. That is textbook predatory behavior, frankly.

And unfortunately, we see confirmation as time went on, of that same predatory mindset. The narcissism, the lies, the stuff with CM, all fit into that same thinking of a predator: "You can't do wrong when you are only taking what you want, so go ahead and take what you want, whatever it takes." I suspect that there is yet more, lurking in EA's past, waiting to be discovered.

"crimes (some more serious than dating a girl barely out of legal range) have been overlooked" - - I strongly disagree with your view of the seriousness of rape. And if LE simply wanted to pile on the charges, as you suggest, there were any number of drug and DUI crimes that EA admitted to, on video.

This is not a crime of "dating." It's a crime of rape.

"EA screwing around with a girl slightly younger who he was dating for 6 months doesn't show aggressive behavior, imo."...IMO it shows EXACTLY that. He took advantage of a younger, impressionable girl who would cave to his whims because he was older. That is textbook predatory behavior, frankly.

And unfortunately, we see confirmation as time went on, of that same predatory mindset. The narcissism, the lies, the stuff with CM, all fit into that same thinking of a predator: "You can't do wrong when you are only taking what you want, so go ahead and take what you want, whatever it takes." I suspect that there is yet more, lurking in EA's past, waiting to be discovered.
I don't consider it rape when one is older than 16 years, a willing participant while in a dating relationship, and I think the law should be abolished. It is archaic. We do not know what happened in that relationship and to say it was all him is ridiculous. I do not see it as predatory. He did not use force to our knowledge. He did not physically or mentally abuse her to our knowledge. He did not attack her or do anything against her will to our knowledge. He dated a girl he met at work and did what most guys would do if they had the opportunity, imo. It was a 22 year old and not some 30 year old going after a child like you are trying to portray.

If the person was younger then I would consider it statutory rape as they are not old enough to give consent. It would be a totally different scenario and I would agree with you.

You don't like him. I don't like him either. However, I don't see this the way you want to paint it. LE can't just take his word for the drugs he did that night or his word he was drinking and driving. Confessions of anything have to be backed up by the facts before they can charge. They can't use either one of those so yes...this is something they can prove so they will run with it. That is it in nut shell.

I don't consider it rape when one is older than 16 years, a willing participant while in a dating relationship, and I think the law should be abolished. It is archaic. We do not know what happened in that relationship and to say it was all him is ridiculous. I do not see it as predatory. He did not use force to our knowledge. He did not physically or mentally abuse her to our knowledge. He did not attack her or do anything against her will to our knowledge.

I'm very aware that EA's paid enabler has spun this into some sort of persecution of EA, trying to paint it as a law that is never otherwise applied except to EA, as a talking point for his family and friends to excuse him with.

But he's full of pure hooey.

NBC's Chris Hansen has made an ongoing TV news series of showing the arrests of the very same type of predators - "To Catch a Predator" - who exactly like EA want to have a relationship that includes sex with an underage girl. Predators, they call them, and rightly so.

Just like EA, they are invited by the girl to be together. Just like EA, the girl might have been just as interested in sex as they are. Just like EA, nothing coercive in the actions at all. Watching the show, many seem very respectful and polite, just there to pursue a relationship, albeit one that includes sex that is with a girl they know to be under legal age.

And those men - just like EA - are being predatory as can be. It's regularly discovered that this isn't the first time for such predatory behavior, and some have even been caught before.

But one thing is unlike EA. Those perps get arrested before any underage sex even occurs. But EA, after 15-20 occurrences of such rape, somehow deserves a free pass? Nah. No way.

Actually, I don't believe Woe is wrong at all. I have seen case after case where crimes (some more serious than dating a girl barely out of legal range) have been overlooked because of the larger crime already charged and in play. It isn't in the scope of where their investigation is going at the time. However, if LE wants to pile on the charges to insure the perp isn't going anywhere soon...as in this case where they want to draw it out until they find her body and can charge for Murder 1...they will use every tiny infraction in order to do it. SOP.

EA screwing around with a girl slightly younger who he was dating for 6 months doesn't show aggressive behavior, imo. It doesn't have anything to do with CM's case other than to add time for them to keep him in jail. Predatory? Hardly. He was 22 and she was going on 17. I truly believe the maturity level of a 22 year old male is about equal to that of an average 17 year old female. Girls do mature faster than boys and it puts the law out of sync with the reality, imo. Psychology and intelligence of older teens weren't taken into consideration when making such laws.

But again...it has nothing to do with CM's case and he would not have been charged if it had not come up during the course of this case so EA would not have been in jail.

BBM ! ! !

I really have no idea what you are talking about when you say girls mature faster than boys. What do you mean? :mad: :maddening: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

I don't consider it rape when one is older than 16 years, a willing participant while in a dating relationship, and I think the law should be abolished. It is archaic. We do not know what happened in that relationship and to say it was all him is ridiculous. I do not see it as predatory. He did not use force to our knowledge. He did not physically or mentally abuse her to our knowledge. He did not attack her or do anything against her will to our knowledge. He dated a girl he met at work and did what most guys would do if they had the opportunity, imo. It was a 22 year old and not some 30 year old going after a child like you are trying to portray.

If the person was younger then I would consider it statutory rape as they are not old enough to give consent. It would be a totally different scenario and I would agree with you.

You don't like him. I don't like him either. However, I don't see this the way you want to paint it. LE can't just take his word for the drugs he did that night or his word he was drinking and driving. Confessions of anything have to be backed up by the facts before they can charge. They can't use either one of those so yes...this is something they can prove so they will run with it. That is it in nut shell.

I don't like EA either but I can't get behind the notion that every instance of a 22 year old man sleeping with a nearly 17 year old in a state which happens to have choosen 17 as the age of consent involves predatory behaviour.

We know that Jennifer turned 17 during their realtionship and that they had sex 15-20 times during the realtionship but unless I've missed it LE haven't yet said how many times were on which side of her birthday. It may only have been one instance when she was underage.

Maybe EA IS a sexual predator but at the moment I haven't seen enough eveidence to be convinced.

I do however remain quite certain that Christina was in his trunk and not in a healthy state.

JMO

Respectfully, maybe this has something to do with the carrier. I have Sprint and I've tried calling my cell that had been turned off several times today and didn't get any missed call info.

It wont show the calls missed( but there are way to see ) If your phone is off a person can still leave u a message and
Any texts would show up also once the phone is turned on!

I don't like EA either but I can't get behind the notion that every instance of a 22 year old man sleeping with a nearly 17 year old in a state which happens to have choosen 17 as the age of consent involves predatory behaviour.

We know that Jennifer turned 17 during their realtionship and that they had sex 15-20 times during the realtionship but unless I've missed it LE haven't yet said how many times were on which side of her birthday. It may only have been one instance when she was underage.

Maybe EA IS a sexual predator but at the moment I haven't seen enough eveidence to be convinced.

I do however remain quite certain that Christina was in his trunk and not in a healthy state.

JMO
I completely agree with you on this point. In most states, the age of consent is 16. There must be many people in those states dating a sixteen year old who are not considered rapists and predators. The Texas law is antiquated as far as I'm concerned, and as someone who works closely with high school students, I can tell you that the dating of older guys is much more common than some may realize, not to mention the increase in sexual activity of today's youth. Do I think there are instances where the older guy takes advantage of the maturity level of a young girl? Of course, but there are also many cases where a pretty normal dating relationship occurs. Do I think a 22year old who wants to date someone that young is probably immature himself? Yes. Based on what we know about their relationship, and disregarding what our law says, I can't call this rape nor would I consider her a child. No need to now remind me of the law. I know what it is, and understand LE is following the law, but as an informed citizen, I don't have to agree with it.

Can anyone who has actually read the TX statute for Sexual Assault of a Child argue that what the affidavit describes is not a 2nd degree felony?

All My Opinion ...
I do not think or feel EA "raped" the girl..she consented 10-15 times for 6 months.. willing to compromise to be a participant and make a choice.
Did he legally put himself in a compromising situation ?? YES HE DID
Did he forcibly have sexual intercourse with the girl 10-15 times and she reported it immediately each and every time?? I see that as "rape".IMO
Charges filed say sexual assault ... perhaps everyone needs to use that specific term that the jail records have legally listed;otherwise It might be considered rumor/gossip. IMO
I personally hope there is a huge mass arrest world wide of all 17 year olds and under that are having any type of sex -JMO since they can not consent ..then the laws need to apply to everyone. JMO

I completely agree with you on this point. In most states, the age of consent is 16. There must be many people in those states dating a sixteen year old who are not considered rapists and predators. The Texas law is antiquated as far as I'm concerned, and as someone who works closely with high school students, I can tell you that the dating of older guys is much more common than some may realize, not to mention the increase in sexual activity of today's youth. Do I think there are instances where the older guy takes advantage of the maturity level of a young girl? Of course, but there are also many cases where a pretty normal dating relationship occurs. Do I think a 22year old who wants to date someone that young is probably immature himself? Yes. Based on what we know about their relationship, and disregarding what our law says, I can't call this rape nor would I consider her a child. No need to now remind me of the law. I know what it is, and understand LE is following the law, but as an informed citizen, I don't have to agree with it.

BBM - this is where I'm coming from I think, EA is being villified for doing something that it seems in the most part fo your country is perfectly legal.

Texan 16/22 year olds can't possibly be any different to the population of other states. Now if you disagree with the law in other states and fundementally believe this is predatory behaviour regardless of the law then I would respect your view but I can't feel the same if it's only predatory because the law exists.

To me that's not blind adherance to the law for the sake of it.

This does however does give me a problem as I am by nature a rule obeyer so I'm not advocating ignoring laws that don't suit us but in this particular instance I can't condemn based simply on geography.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member