GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #37 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't consider it rape when one is older than 16 years, a willing participant while in a dating relationship, and I think the law should be abolished. It is archaic. We do not know what happened in that relationship and to say it was all him is ridiculous. I do not see it as predatory. He did not use force to our knowledge. He did not physically or mentally abuse her to our knowledge. He did not attack her or do anything against her will to our knowledge. He dated a girl he met at work and did what most guys would do if they had the opportunity, imo. It was a 22 year old and not some 30 year old going after a child like you are trying to portray.

If the person was younger then I would consider it statutory rape as they are not old enough to give consent. It would be a totally different scenario and I would agree with you.

You don't like him. I don't like him either. However, I don't see this the way you want to paint it. LE can't just take his word for the drugs he did that night or his word he was drinking and driving. Confessions of anything have to be backed up by the facts before they can charge. They can't use either one of those so yes...this is something they can prove so they will run with it. That is it in nut shell.

Very well said, SS.
While I know it is against the law, EA is a creep, and I DO believe he was involved in CM's disappearance. IMO having a relationship and sexual relations (even at 16/22) is not "predatory" behavior. JMO MOO IMO

Regardless of the debate about preferences and what everyone thinks the law should be, the simple fact is in every state the law specifies a certain age as off limits sexually. We even have a slang term for those who are under that age, whatever it is - they're "jail bait." There's gonna be a line, and no matter what it is, I'm sure some will always complain it's the wrong one. We have legislators who weigh the choices, and decide, and it is what it is.

My brother and I laugh all the time about the concept of guys stupidly chasing jail bait. It's simply a fact. There are some guys who want to date much younger and take the risk, and we like to laugh at how stupid that is and how much of a dead end it better be. What's the point? It's just dumb. But some like the risk, or the idea of edging up to a line, chasing forbidden fruit, and so on.

Arochi was not somehow sucked into a helpless situation. He was an adult male who had and made choices. He could have followed the law by dating someone else besides jail bait, if he wanted sex. Or instead, he could have dated the jail bait and waited a few months until it was legal. He chose to do neither, and that's not a failing in the law, that's squarely on him.

And while I may be in the minority here, I believe that his decision-making process in this prior instance - willing to ignore the law, and prey on the vulnerable - gives us clues to the way he would have been thinking with Christina.

Regardless of the debate about preferences and what everyone thinks the law should be, the simple fact is in every state the law specifies a certain age as off limits sexually. We even have a slang term for those who are under that age, whatever it is - they're "jail bait." There's gonna be a line, and no matter what it is, I'm sure some will always complain it's the wrong one. We have legislators who weigh the choices, and decide, and it is what it is.

My brother and I laugh all the time about the concept of guys stupidly chasing jail bait. It's simply a fact. There are some guys who want to date much younger and take the risk, and we like to laugh at how stupid that is and how much of a dead end it better be. What's the point? It's just dumb. But some like the risk, or the idea of edging up to a line, chasing forbidden fruit, and so on.

Arochi was not somehow sucked into a helpless situation. He was an adult male who had and made choices. He could have followed the law by dating someone else besides jail bait, if he wanted sex. Or instead, he could have dated the jail bait and waited a few months until it was legal. He chose to do neither, and that's not a failing in the law, that's squarely on him.

And while I may be in the minority here, I believe that his decision-making process in this prior instance - willing to ignore the law, and prey on the vulnerable - gives us clues to the way he would have been thinking with Christina.
The lawmakers also have passed a law banning Encyclopedia Brittanica in Texas because it has a recipe for making beer. This charge makes me feel like if EA owns an encyclopedia, he will probably have another pending soon.:takeabow:
**btw, I don't know if texas really has a law against encyclopedia Brittanica, but the internet says they do, so...

The lawmakers also have passed a law banning Encyclopedia Brittanica in Texas because it has a recipe for making beer. This charge makes me feel like if EA owns an encyclopedia, he will probably have another pending soon.:takeabow:

Yes. And I'm wondering if the encyclopedia was found in his family's garbage in sept. 2014.

I have an iphone with ATT service. If my phone is off or dead it shows what I missed, both calls and texts, when I turn it back on. It shows the time they called/texted not the time I received it. Maybe it is by carrier who knows.

O/T - My sister got pregnant when she was 15. The guy was 19. My mom called a lawyer to see what could be done legally, and she was told that she could press charges, but then the baby's dad would be a felon in jail, which would probably not be in the best interest of the child.

I hope it's clear that I'm not trying to vilify EA, I know he's not the only person that's done this; but I still think that as the adult in the situation, he bears the responsibility of his actions. He undoubtedly opened himself up to police scrutiny when he kidnapped Christina.

Yes, revenge by a dumped 16 yr old can result in a felony. That's a good enough reason for me to not have sex with people that are not mature enough to consent (in the eyes of the law).

All JMO.
I must tell you, catpatrol, that you are awesome. I appreciate your logical grasp of the facts and the way you patiently explain your thoughts in a very clear manner. Your critical thinking skills are beautiful to behold. [emoji4]

My bad experience was when I was young but was very scared and it would have been nice for LE to take more interest in what had just happened to me.
I put myself in a very vulnerable position in the presence of an opportunist. I had been drinking and dancing with the guy who I knew nothing about.
The same thing we're not supposed to do on WS, the police did to me. They looked at me and practically said what did you expect might happen!
Now that I'm older I agree I took a big, stupid risk and if I'd been raped or killed I wouldn't have deserved it but I put myself in the most vulnerable position that night.
Since this happened, I've not had many encounters with LE.
The few contacts I've had, unknowingly made an illegal turn once and when my kid dialed 911 because I insisted he take a shower before going to school (elementary), were respectable - lol!

About the young man's experience, did you notice LE wasn't patrolling an area where he was supposed to be?
Why would his first question be to ask the driver if he had anything illegal with him in his car? Has it come to where everyone is expected to be driving around with drugs or a gun?
Anyway, the incident was weird and nothing came of it - just put a bad taste in the kid's mouth and didn't promote respect for law enforcement (from my perspective and observation).
Tailing might not have been an accurate description because the drive is from point A to B and is virtually a straight line until a right turn into our neighborhood.
The Cop was driving too close for too long for no good reason and didn't belong there in the first place.
I probably wouldn't have even known that myself!

I did notice that you stated he was not in his jurisdiction, however we don’t know that he was “patrolling”; he may have just been going on a lunch break, and we will never know what the officer may have been responding to that may have led to the question about anything illegal in the car …possibly a situation involving guns, drugs, stolen property, etc. To my understanding Texas law does allow some leeway as to when a peace officer is allowed to arrest or detain someone outside his geographical jurisdiction, but that can get very convoluted and I doubt anyone wants to start that debate.

And once again, I am sorry to hear that LE was not more supportive of you at a time when you were in need of their support.

Your description of being in “a very vulnerable position in the presence of an opportunist” immediately made me think of both the 16 year old and CM as being in vulnerable positions, and EA as an opportunist.

I have to tell you, Doj1234, I appreciate your posts and your open mindedness and insight. So glad you are here.

BSDM is a thang, lately. I consider it a fad, like open marriage was in the 1970s. Eventually, most people come to their senses and are a bit embarrassed by the choices that they made when they were young.
OT, and FWIW, I've read some critiques of 50 Shades by people who are into BDSM, and they say the movie is not representative of the lifestyle. Apparently consent & mutual respect are of upmost importance, and are not demonstrated particularly by the male character in the movie, whom they say is abusive. As I said, FWIW... [emoji6]

and I did a bit of searching around. Good luck in finding any sort of firm definition. Its meaning varies from state to state, as far as the law goes. It can mean one thing in criminology and another think in psychology/psychiatry and have still more meaning in general use. Apparently, it is mostly not meant as synonymous with sexual offender. Here's Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_predator

Personally, I tend to think of a sexual predator as a repeat offender, but there is also a very general meaning that just relates to someone who is sexually on the prowl, a sexual opportunist. I just think it would help if people could say how they use the term, as it might save some confusion. I think someone can behave in a predatory way and not be a sexual predator. Words can be tricky. Take narcissist. I suspect EA is a narcissist, but that term has also been in general use as someone who is vain and self-centered. It would take a psychologist (most probably) or maybe a psychiatrist to say if EA has Narcissistic Personality Disorder. I am told that even by these professionals that this is not that easy to diagnose. I am always struck by how different the terminology of so many things are different, depending on whether the frame of reference is psychiatry or criminology/law.

I have to tell you, Doj1234, I appreciate your posts and your open mindedness and insight. So glad you are here.

I am very glad that Doj1234 is here and I probably agree with him more often than not, just not on this particular sexual assault law that EA is accused of violating. I often wonder why I moved back to Texas, and then remember that my specific reason was to be closer to my daughter. What irony!

It wont show the calls missed( but there are way to see ) If your phone is off a person can still leave u a message and
Any texts would show up also once the phone is turned on!

If CM was already injured, or worse, do you think EA, potentially in the midst of panic, shock, and self preservation would have turned his phone on to check his messages? It doesn't inherently make sense to me, but I'm open to how this may be possible, if you care to share your thoughts on it.
If the phone was off the entire time, and he powered it up at or near the Granite Pkwy cell tower, IMO, I think his motivations would have been of self interest...I still don't remember my point 2 from yesterday, lol, but I did come up with 2 more possibilities if the power down Custer & 121/power up @ Granite Pkwy is true:
1) Disclaimer: I am not sleuthing CA. If EA only turned his phone on @ Granite Pkwy and turned it back off, could he have been calling CA* to make sure he wasn't home? With it being likely he returned home with CM, according to LE, he would certainly want to make sure he was returning to a vacant home to ensure privacy, IMO.
*There's been debate about whether or not his brother was actually home; some people have said yes, because EA led us to believe he was from the media interview and some people have said no because of football schedule and with it being confirmed that EA/CA parents were out of town, it being unlikely CA travel home. Forgive me if there's been definitive clarity on that; I don't remember ever seeing it.
2) Maybe he searched the internet for ideas on what to do next. Having turned the phone in to Sprint, just days after CM's disappearance, and it being "wiped clean", he may have thought he could search for ideas and then clear the history so no one would know what he searched for (isn't he clever). I'm not a cell phone expert, only a cell phone user so I don't know how much of your specific internet searches/data would be backed up to a secondary source (per affidavit's explanation of "wiped clean").
3) Maybe he did turn it on and make a call or check to see if anyone was trying to get in touch with him. Maybe, in his mind, calling someone back would help corroborate an alibi for what he knew was likely, eventual questioning by LE in regards to CM being missing. (ex: oh, what was I doing between the hours of 3:55 and work? Went home and slept, oh, and I did wake up randomly to call my (fill in the blank: g/f, brother, parents, home boy, etc) back.)

Have you read the statute? It's not illegal for someone under 17 to have sex.
In Texas, a child is legally defined as someone under 17 years old.
A child cannot legally consent to sex with an adult. It's the adult's responsibility to not have sex with a child. Period.
The word forcibly is legally irrelevant when the sex is between an adult and a child with more than 3 yrs age difference, so that could also been seen as rumor/gossip IMO
It's everyone's own opinion whether they agree with the law or not, but it's still a felony.
Texas is conservative, surely no one is surprised by that.

With the same logic, I could argue that when a drug dealer sells someone drugs, the person buying them knows what they are doing, they want the drugs, they like the drugs, they are mature enough to make their own decisions. That doesn't make it legal to buy or sell drugs in Texas. YKWIM? I could also argue that since pot is legal in 3 states, that means it's no big deal if I smoke it in Texas. Doesn't mean I wouldn't be charged if I break the law.

I haven't seen anywhere that APD has labeled EA a sexual predator or tried to correlate this crime to Christina.
Some people on WS think it's relevant, and some don't. Just like everything else here, it's a matter of opinion.

http://law.onecle.com/texas/penal/22.011.00.html

ETA: For the record, It's my opinion that LE learned this information after they released the arrest affidavit, so I don't think it played a part in labeling EA sexually frustrated in the affidavit. I don't think it will play into Christina's case, but that's JMO.

BBM
Oh snap, great comparison!

**btw, I don't know if texas really has a law against encyclopedia Brittanica, but the internet says they do, so...
Omg. That is too darn funny.

Very well said, SS.
While I know it is against the law, EA is a creep, and I DO believe he was involved in CM's disappearance. IMO having a relationship and sexual relations (even at 16/22) is not "predatory" behavior. JMO MOO IMO

I will agree that not every 16/22 y.o. relationship is predatory.

Something about the way EA handled this particular relationship is troubling to me:
He lied to the girl about his age in order to give her the impression that she would be engaging in a lawfully consensual relationship. He also lied to his parents about her age to give them the impression that she was of the age of legal consent.

All the lying seems very manipulative, IMO. That is what concerns me more than their age difference.
JMO

OT/ So glad to see you! I did a double take when I saw the avatar pop up! Yay!

Oh yes it could be! Thanks for the input. The timing would be about right with the acquired DNA from the last SW, too.

OT/ So good to see you as well. I am a bit rusty but life has slowed down and hope to be able to read and participate more now.

Sorry for the OT - Good to see both of you! =)

I have more of a problem that its ok for a 14 yr old to have sex as long as there is 3 yrs diff.

If he found this young lady online and sought her out and had sex with her to me that very different than meeting someone and
having a 6 month relationship.
the guy is fried no matter how u look at it but its like a witch hunt.

LE is the one that messed up IMO there was no Urgency in finding her.
Now they have to save face.
No cars seized till way after the fact.
By the time she was reported missing she had already been gone 4 days!
Her car was found and they even had a person caught on film walking with her into the garage.
Drug dealing BF
etc
etc
etc

So many red flags yet to me and imo so much was done wrong!

I mean really.
They saw her walk in!
They saw him drive out!

BBM
We can scrutinize and criticize LE as a matter of opinion, however, IMO, we do not have all of the facts therefore we cannot assume they've "messed up".

1) LE's sense of urgency: LE has no way of knowing they need to start investigating a missing persons case until it is reported. From what I understand, as soon as MM reported her as missing, PPD filed a report and immediately started gathering facts. EA's first interview was the day following the missing persons report, so was the reviewing of the security footage of them walking into the garage, and so was his second interview. LE appeared to act with a considerable amount of urgency. According to affidavits, there have been multiple officers in the field working on getting this resolved and I would assume that if we were privy to the amount of information they have, and could see the hours they've already dedicated, IMO, I think we would see that this case is very important to them. We don't yet know what they haven't chosen to release and if the past is an indicator for the future, IMO, there's a lot we probably haven't seen. For example, in reviewing the affidavit info for the search warrant and the affidavit for the arrest. Look at how much information LE already had, prior to the 9/26 search warrant being issued, yet they didn't include the info in the search warrant affidavit. I only included items that had date stamps in the list below and could therefore be verified that LE knew prior to 9/26:
- They already had the Scruffy Duffies We Scan and bar tab info (compiling a list of items they knew she had in her possession at the time of her disappearance; ID, credit card)
- PP & SN interview info
- Arrest affidavit states CM car processed by CSI on 9/4, not just a Dr. Pepper can, the car.
- SB Interview information
- Officers were reviewing not just parking garage surveillance from that garage, but other garages and businesses throughout the shops. That must have taken quite a bit of time to review
- CA interviews
- HF voluntarily providing cellular phone to be forensically extracted (photo messages from CM)
- Trash pulls 9/10
- Learns about phone theft and learns Wylie PD report filed (9/15)
- Police obtain stolen cellphone (9/23)
- Trash pulls 9/24 (note found)
- Kroger CCTV

2) CM's vehicle was processed by CSI on 9/4 and a search warrant was issued approving the search of EA's vehicle 24 days after the missing persons report was filed, of which 7 of those days was spent in jail. IMO, in looking at the list above, it looks like LE was performing an exhaustive investigation which was of importance in obtaining the search warrant.

IMO, to me, it sounds like LE was relentless in their pursuit of evidence.

The lawmakers also have passed a law banning Encyclopedia Brittanica in Texas because it has a recipe for making beer.

LOL Must be something EA said, cause it's ridiculously untrue.

I don't see how any of this will help to find Christina Morris!

My thoughts exactly. Figuring out dump sites would be good. Has the weather cleared up and warmed in the area? Large plastic totes make a good body stash. There have been many, many cases where they have been used to hide bodies, body parts. Barrels, oil fields nearby? Any pig farms? Septic systems, wrecking yards, cemetery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214