GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #37 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not at all conservative on many things, but I do believe I am sensible about the emotional maturity of teenage girls and sex. I acquired my perspective the hard way. From the time my daughter was 13 years old, she, who was not what you would called physically developed for her age, was pursued by older guys. I am not talking about 16yo guys; I am talking about guys in college. My daughter and I could be shopping at the mall and guys in college would come up and ask for her phone number right in front of me. :eek:

She was not flirting with them or even paying that much attention to them. She had a big crush on a guy who was 15 from her school. I could tell when these guys would do this that she was at first very startled and even intimidated. In time, she got more used to it and began to sense her own attractiveness. So I laid down some rules, which was at 13 she could continue to go to group activities but she could not date guys more than two years older than she was. This presented no problem for her until she was 17 and a guy came around very politely and asked to date her. He was 20. Eventually, I said yes, but it proved ultimately to be a great mistake. No, she did not get pregnant and no he was in no way a monster, but it led to events that were not in her best interest.

Parents, especially mothers in particular, often know what their daughters are ready to deal with in the way of sex and dating. A parent would have to be an idiot IMO not to get a sexually active teenager access to birth control, but the notion that physical maturity in any way equals emotional maturity is absurd. Sexual desire and impulses are no substitute for good judgment. It just infuriates me when people imply that young women are ready for sex before young men are. Why? Because they get their height quicker and grow visible breasts and menstruate? The biological capacity in an organism to reproduce is nature's way of assuring the continuation of the species and in no way has a thing to do with any individual member's best interest.

It is in no young woman's best interest to be lied to, groomed for sexual activity in such a way that her judgment may clouded, pressured to have sex before she is ready, and enculturated into thinking she is in the midst of a great romance when her partner's main interest is not her best interest but merely to get laid.

Why is it that people who think that girls mature more quickly than boys never suggest that the age of consent for boys should be older than that of for girls? Oh, noooo! Because after all, boys must be allowed to be boys and enjoy their apprenticeship in the art of seduction.

As a strong feminist and as woman who believes our sex laws are infected by the influence of the patriarchy, I believe in standing by at least these sexual assault laws that protect the best interests of teenagers. Let them do their exploring with each other. Grown men should go pant elsewhere!

For starters, we don't know if LE was getting "open book" from everyone else or not. I know one they were not getting all the answers from initially (not sure they have gotten all their answers from that person yet either). When we cannot discuss others who have been misleading and caused this case to falter because of possible outright lies, omissions, and/or failure to report then it isn't exactly fair to say there are no other viable suspects.

And as far as ace detectives and DAs go...they will only charge and try what they feel they can prove and win. If it means another person could have been involved, but they cannot find the proof... they are not going to include that person in their theory to present to a jury. But bet your bottom dollar the defense will!

Wouldn't 'ace detectives' from one law enforcement agency report a felony to another if they found evidence of a crime? Seems like basic police work to me. I do believe the PPD will and should look into everything in EA life and charge him for crimes that HE committed. Who knows if they will 'stick'. Remember, no one 'made' EA have relations with an underage girl (regardless of what we feel about the law). They had a duty to report and they did. APD charged him for a crime he committed. IMO the no one is 'trying' to make EA look bad; they just taking a rather deep look into his past. He did these things, he brought it upon himself. The only one making EA look bad is EA.

LOL Must be something EA said, cause it's ridiculously untrue.
Well, how can it possibly be untrue if it's on the internet, lol? I wasn't compelled to search the source because the point I was making was made regardless of the specific law. The point that I was trying to make was more to the feeling of piling on with the charge. I know that you, among others feel better about the sexual assault of a child charge made than I might. I respect that and REALLY appreciate your input, thanks!

I am not at all conservative on many things, but I do believe I am sensible about the emotional maturity of teenage girls and sex. I acquired my perspective the hard way. From the time my daughter was 13 years old, she, who was not what you would called physically developed for her age, was pursued by older guys. I am not talking about 16yo guys; I am talking about guys in college. My daughter and I could be shopping at the mall and guys in college would come up and ask for her phone number right in front of me. :eek:

She was not flirting with them or even paying that much attention to them. She had a big crush on a guy who was 15 from her school. I could tell when these guys would do this that she was at first very startled and even intimidated. In time, she got more used to it and began to sense her own attractiveness. So I laid down some rules, which was at 13 she could continue to go to group activities but she could not date guys more than two years older than she was. This presented no problem for her until she was 17 and a guy came around very politely and asked to date her. He was 20. Eventually, I said yes, but it proved ultimately to be a great mistake. No, she did not get pregnant and no he was in no way a monster, but it led to events that were not in her best interest.

Parents, especially mothers in particular, often know what their daughters are ready to deal with in the way of sex and dating. A parent would have to be an idiot IMO not to get a sexually active teenager access to birth control, but the notion that physical maturity in any way equals emotional maturity is absurd. Sexual desire and impulses are no substitute for good judgment. It just infuriates me when people imply that young women are ready for sex before young men are. Why? Because they get their height quicker and grow visible breasts and menstruate? The biological capacity in an organism to reproduce is nature's way of assuring the continuation of the species and in no way has a thing to do with any individual member's best interest.

It in no young woman's best interest to be lied to, groomed for sexual activity in such a way that her judgment may clouded, pressured to have sex before she is ready, and enculturated into thinking she is in the midst of a great romance when her partner's main interest is not her best interest but merely to get laid.

Why is it that people who think that girls mature more quickly than boys never suggest that the age of consent for boys should be older than that of for girls? Oh, noooo! Because after all, boys must be allowed to be boys and enjoy their apprenticeship in the art of seduction.

As a strong feminist and as woman who believes our sex laws are infected by the influence of the patriarchy, I believe in standing by at least these sexual assault laws that protect the best interests of teenagers. Let them do their exploring with each other. Grown men should go pant elsewhere!
*Stands and applauds*

My thoughts exactly. Figuring out dump sites would be good. Has the weather cleared up and warmed in the area? Large plastic totes make a good body stash. There have been many, many cases where they have been used to hide bodies, body parts. Barrels, oil fields nearby? Any pig farms? Septic systems, wrecking yards, cemetery.
There are so many places that it is overwhelming and searches occur regularly (thinking about jmom, hope she is well). I've been on a few searches and each one seems like it could very well be the right one. But, it really is like a needle in a massive haystack.

Well, how can it possibly be untrue if it's on the internet, lol? I wasn't compelled to search the source because the point I was making was made regardless of the specific law. The point that I was trying to make was more to the feeling of piling on with the charge. I know that you, among others feel better about the sexual assault of a child charge made than I might. I respect that and REALLY appreciate your input, thanks!

Well, fwiw, I understood your point.

:)

If CM was already injured, or worse, do you think EA, potentially in the midst of panic, shock, and self preservation would have turned his phone on to check his messages? It doesn't inherently make sense to me, but I'm open to how this may be possible, if you care to share your thoughts on it.
If the phone was off the entire time, and he powered it up at or near the Granite Pkwy cell tower, IMO, I think his motivations would have been of self interest...I still don't remember my point 2 from yesterday, lol, but I did come up with 2 more possibilities if the power down Custer & 121/power up @ Granite Pkwy is true:
1) Disclaimer: I am not sleuthing CA. If EA only turned his phone on @ Granite Pkwy and turned it back off, could he have been calling CA* to make sure he wasn't home? With it being likely he returned home with CM, according to LE, he would certainly want to make sure he was returning to a vacant home to ensure privacy, IMO.
*There's been debate about whether or not his brother was actually home; some people have said yes, because EA led us to believe he was from the media interview and some people have said no because of football schedule and with it being confirmed that EA/CA parents were out of town, it being unlikely CA travel home. Forgive me if there's been definitive clarity on that; I don't remember ever seeing it.
2) Maybe he searched the internet for ideas on what to do next. Having turned the phone in to Sprint, just days after CM's disappearance, and it being "wiped clean", he may have thought he could search for ideas and then clear the history so no one would know what he searched for (isn't he clever). I'm not a cell phone expert, only a cell phone user so I don't know how much of your specific internet searches/data would be backed up to a secondary source (per affidavit's explanation of "wiped clean").
3) Maybe he did turn it on and make a call or check to see if anyone was trying to get in touch with him. Maybe, in his mind, calling someone back would help corroborate an alibi for what he knew was likely, eventual questioning by LE in regards to CM being missing. (ex: oh, what was I doing between the hours of 3:55 and work? Went home and slept, oh, and I did wake up randomly to call my (fill in the blank: g/f, brother, parents, home boy, etc) back.)

Maybe he was waiting for a reply from HF about the good rock!

It is in no young woman's best interest to be lied to, groomed for sexual activity in such a way that her judgment may clouded, pressured to have sex before she is ready, and enculturated into thinking she is in the midst of a great romance when her partner's main interest is not her best interest but merely to get laid.

You and I differ in so many ways: I consider myself to be extremely conservative and I'm constantly shocked at some "loose" parenting (imo) that I see at my son's HS, etc.
However, I completely agree with you in this point.

I've mentioned my daughter is 24, and my sons are 18&16. When my daughter was 15, my husband caught her boyfriend in her room. Both were on the bed, clothed, but whoa! Of course, we talked to her, him, and his parents... But I put that child on the pill so fast even I couldn't believe it.

It never crossed my mind that any of my kids would be interested in a partner more or less than a couple years difference in age.

My 16yo has a gf his age, but because he's emotionally more mature and has a higher intellect than most of his circle, he tends to get bored or aggravated with friends easily. We've always noticed he's more comfortable with adults. Because of your post, I'll be aware of any strange relationship the opposite way. I honestly never thought about worrying about it, so thank you.

I think the charge is valid; but the terminology of "sexual assault/rape" combined with "child" detracts from the reasonableness of the charge in this case, imo, and, unfortunately replaces it with a whiff of undeserved sympathy.
Disclaimer: My view has not in any way been influenced by CQ or his chorus as I never read/listen to Accion.

My thoughts exactly. Figuring out dump sites would be good. Has the weather cleared up and warmed in the area? Large plastic totes make a good body stash. There have been many, many cases where they have been used to hide bodies, body parts. Barrels, oil fields nearby? Any pig farms? Septic systems, wrecking yards, cemetery.
Personally, I think that EA hid CM in a local spot immediately after death, then within a few days moved her to a place that he's confident that she may never be found. That's why he believes that he can remain silent and hope that his defense can create enough doubt to avoid a murder conviction.
I trust that LE put a gps tracker on his car at some point. I wish that the camaro's computer had revealed more, but I believe that her body would already have been found if it had true gps capability. Fwiw.

Where is that dented fender?
If he hit something with paint on it they could tell if it was a car or a wall heck they could tell if it was a tree.

BBM - yes exactly. There are hundreds of "laws" on the books that are outdated and archaic that I guess LE can thumb through and try to find more to charge EA with, as if AK isn't enough. My point is do something with that charge and get going on it. Only then will EA possibly possibly break down and talk. JMOOOOO

I was actually referring to LE causing a distraction (wasting time with this) when they could be using their time, energy and resources to look for Christina. As for as your suggestion of "scroll & roll", I think I can decide for myself what and to whom I will respond, but thanks.

I don't think I will ever understand how LE 'is causing a distraction'. EA committed a felony. One agency discovered it then reported it, another agency charged him. It'll be up to GJ or DA to decide if its worth to pursue or not. I am pretty sure PPD has plenty of resources to investigate other felony cases while moving forward with the AK. I can't speak to the searching because I have no idea and only hope and pray the searches are still happening though I am pretty sure they are.

BBM - yes exactly. There are hundreds of "laws" on the books that are outdated and archaic that I guess LE can thumb through and try to find more to charge EA with, as if AK isn't enough. My point is do something with that charge and get going on it. Only then will EA possibly possibly break down and talk. JMOOOOO

Are any of these currently considered felonies?

One state I lived in has a law still on the books that a man is allowed to slap his wife once a week. Lots of bizarre laws out there.

One state I lived in has a law still on the books that a man is allowed to slap his wife once a week. Lots of bizarre laws out there.

SO TRUE and
Dont make me bring up, "rule of thumb" and its horrible origin..

I don't think I will ever understand how LE 'is causing a distraction'. EA committed a felony. One agency discovered it then reported it, another agency charged him. It'll be up to GJ or DA to decide if its worth to pursue or not. I am pretty sure PPD has plenty of resources to investigate other felony cases while moving forward with the AK. I can't speak to the searching because I have no idea and only hope and pray the searches are still happening though I am pretty sure they are.

Do you remember Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin?
Ronalds daughter Haleigh went missing and they couldn't nab these two soooo they did a drug bust and put them in jail for that. They still have not found Haleigh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat