GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #37 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't yet know the date or place of the incident. We may never know the circumstances exactly because the crime involves a
minor.

We don't know if this related to *advertiser censored*, something that they found on his devices, or a direct accusation from someone.

I know, that's what I pointed out. Eventually, we (I mean a jury) will need to know.

I know, that's what I pointed out. Eventually, we (I mean a jury) will need to know.

But they will be two separate proceedings. If the grand jury true bills him on both charges, I wonder which will come to trial first, assuming they both come to trial? If he committed the offense against the minor, how likely is he to want a plea deal of any sort in that case when he is facing the AK charges? If the sexual abuse of the minor case is the one the Grand Jury hears first and it is at all persuasive, wouldn't the GJ have consider the AK case very weak not to indict him on that charge as well.

EA hasn't been convicted or officially charged with anything yet though.
Now, after all this time, this new crime crops up?

Hmm. I sense that you are troubled and even dubious. I confess to not being much troubled myself. I pretty much always thought EA had killed Christina and that the motive was sexual. I already saw him as a predator. I have said as much on several occasions. Also, I have written that the need to hold someone as innocent until proven guilty is really only a requirement for jurors. I am not the sort of person who finds it sinful to judge, although I do not tend to be a judgmental person about very many things. (I am a bit superstitious, worried that is wrong to judge the actual soul of another or assume things about their fate after death.) I suppose I am comfortable with this because I am one of those people who don't dig their heels in in the first place. New information is always easy for me to incorporate.

I do want to see justice done. I would hate to ever see anyone wrongly convicted and certainly would have trouble with the notion that someone is being framed. I just don't think that is what is happening here. As to being able to know all we want to know about the case involving the minor, I worked as a CASA. While I might want to know, I very much respect the right of that minor to his or her privacy.

I'm way behind the conversation, but see some are asking for some clarification on what's going on with the new charges against EA. For those who are asking:

1 The charge listed involves actual sex of some sort (physical contact of someone's private parts), not some sort of voyeurism. Texas statute defines sexual assault as involving
a - actual "sexual contact" with another person
b - specific private parts of perp, victim, or both were contacted
c - doesn't differentiate as to whose something-or-other was contacted
d - intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person
2 Child means 16 or younger.
3 The fact that EA is already locked up on a different charge gives LE a bit of latitude in how they handle this. Obviously no arrest warrant was needed.
4 There was a bond listed, so there may have been a formal arraignment in which some particulars were offered. ETA - from info I see after reading farther (that EA claims he hadn't heard he was being accused of another crime), apparently there was no arraignment, just a charge posted.
5 The announcement that it will be referred to a GJ on Thursday is explanatory, probably to give the media something for the story. LE had no requirement to tell they were going to do that. And that will be a start date, not an end date.
6 The GJ has almost certainly been looking at the evidence and testimony on the AK charge since EA was arrested in Dec. LE doesn't have to tell anyone about it if they don't want to.
7 The fact that it will be referred to the GJ means nothing in regards to the GJ process on the AK, in which he must be released from custody if they don't get an indictment by ____ [date].
... It is my belief that the AK date is mid-June. I think JM was saying we'll see an indictment around Mar 1, but I've no idea what she based that on.
8 We have talked in the past about how practiced EA seemed in his lying, how that may have been an indicator that he had lied his way out of being caught in the past, and that his life prior to Aug 30 needs to be sleuthed because he might be an uncaught predator who slipped up. This arrest may be validation of that, and who knows if there are more crimes yet to be discovered.

I wonder if the prelim hearing Thurs morning is open to the public? Ooooh! I sure hope BF will be live tweeting bc I'm busy that day lol.

As I understand it, the Thurs prelim pertains to the theft charge (only). In some ways that touches on the abduction, but I'm not getting my hopes up that we'll learn anything juicy.

Could there be a possibility that when testing his dna it matched an open case of a sexual assault case that had been reported previously and once they ran his dna it was a hit?

As I understand it, the Thurs prelim pertains to the theft charge (only). In some ways that touches on the abduction, but I'm not getting my hopes up that we'll learn anything juicy.
We thought that about the last hearing, too. ;) I am hoping for some nuggets concerning phone calls and texts etc.

Could there be a possibility that when testing his dna it matched an open case of a sexual assault case that had been reported previously and once they ran his dna it was a hit?
OT/ So glad to see you! I did a double take when I saw the avatar pop up! Yay!

Oh yes it could be! Thanks for the input. The timing would be about right with the acquired DNA from the last SW, too.

OT/ So glad to see you! I did a double take when I saw the avatar pop up! Yay!

Oh yes it could be! Thanks for the input. The timing would be about right with the acquired DNA from the last SW, too.
OT/ So good to see you as well. I am a bit rusty but life has slowed down and hope to be able to read and participate more now.

Upon hearing the latest news (right when I had to sign out for awhile), I thought, oh this is why LE suspects a sexual motive in Christina's crime.
For some reason, I leaped to a conclusion the new charges were an old crime (as if EA had been tried and convicted already).

If we knew EA had a similar conviction already, my willingness to suspend any doubt would be over and done.
Since learning more than I ever wanted to know about pedophilia during Kelli Bordeaux's case, and being one of the few holdouts from convicting the sicko from the getgo (a previously convicted pedophile who offended a five year old when he was 16), it turned out he was the perpetrator and the one who murdered Kelli.
Her case involved similar circumstances as Christina's as far as a number of days had passed before she was reported missing and her significant other (husband) was lame imo.
Never again will I stick up for anyone who has been rightfully convicted of hurting a child (or someone more vulnerable then they were), if they end up being front and center in another serious crime. A leopard doesn't change his spots. If and when he does, he needs to stay away from trouble, period.

But now we are given a new set of circumstances regarding EA we know nothing about yet.
I just watched a Dateline ID yesterday about Eric Glisson who, based on one person's testimony, spent almost 18 years behind bars in SingSing.
Five others were falsely convicted as well.

Why are the charges listed prior to the GJ?
Who brought forth the charges and why now?
Before the circumstances are known, the timing is suspect.
Did the charges result because of the investigation? Then, why the GJ?

Someone could be putting the screws to him because they're sure in their own mind he killed CM.
If he committed a sexual crime before this, why didn't the victim/mother report it at the time?
I know there are reasons victims' don't report immediately but I want to understand why that may be and hear about the circumstances first.

Earlier I wanted to know if EA had anything in his background indicating he ever acted out sexually using aggression.
Now, six months later, there's suddenly this new situation no one had any knowledge about before yesterday afaik.

In England over recent years we have become aware of a huge issue of previously unreported child sexual abuse. One of the key reasons that this sort of crime goes undetected and unpunished is exactly because victims feel unable to come forward for a large number of reasons, one of the major ones is fear that they won't be believed.

Imvho the view you have expressed is illustrating that point perfectly. A delay in reporting is absolutely typical and certainly not a reason to be sceptical.

I realise this may come across quite strongly and I don't know if this an issue in the US but I'd suggest that the Brit posters are likely to see an historic instance of child SA very differently.

JMO

On the question of burner phones, I see that people who don't want their calls to be traced back to them would use one but doesn't a drug dealer need to be contacted by his customers looking for good rock and other items? How does that work if he doesn't have a known phone number?

JMO

Well looks like LE was right when they said more arrests to come.

I don't know why, but I am a little shocked. It has always been clear to me EA commited this horrible crime to Christina. But I thought it was a one off, a moment of oppertunity fuel by alcohol and drugs, that went wrong. I think this might be the case still. But this new charge makes me wonder if there is other crimes and charges going to come to light.

Still doesn't bring Christina home :(

In England over recent years we have become aware of a huge issue of previously unreported child sexual abuse. One of the key reasons that this sort of crime goes undetected and unpunished is exactly because victims feel unable to come forward for a large number of reasons, one of the major ones is fear that they won't be believed.

Imvho the view you have expressed is illustrating that point perfectly. A delay in reporting is absolutely typical and certainly not a reason to be sceptical.

I realise this may come across quite strongly and I don't know if this an issue in the US but I'd suggest that the Brit posters are likely to see an historic instance os child SA very differently.

JMO

I know exactly what you mean. It's been very big here about past crimes. So sad.

On the question of burner phones, I see that people who don't want their calls to be traced back to them would use one but doesn't a drug dealer need to be contacted by his customers looking for good rock and other items? How does that work if he doesn't have a known phone number?

JMO
They ditch the phones and get new ones constantly, but the dealers make sure the numbers are circulated to the right people. No real names connect back to the burners so no paper trail. The buyers' numbers don't matter. The buyers have to know someone who knows someone. The sellers have people on point to connect them.

I realise this may come across quite strongly and I don't know if this an issue in the US but I'd suggest that the Brit posters are likely to see an historic instance os child SA very differently.

JMO
We have a lot of checks and balances in the US in regards to child sexual abuse, but it isn't foolproof nor is it adequate. However, Doctors, teachers, and others in a position to see the signs are legally bound to turn it in when suspected. Many cases do go unreported especially in families. Children and teens often do not report sexual abuse out of fear or for other reasons. Education is one way to empower them, but we are still behind on getting kids to communicate, imo.

I have read it isn't unusual for a pedophile to abuse approximately 100 children before finally caught. Disgusting and quite frightening to know they can manipulate their victims so readily without much worry of being turned in.

We have a lot of checks and balances in the US in regards to child sexual abuse, but it isn't foolproof nor is it adequate. However, Doctors, teachers, and others in a position to see the signs are legally bound to turn it in when suspected. Many cases do go unreported especially in families. Children and teens often do not report sexual abuse out of fear or for other reasons. Education is one way to empower them, but we are still behind on getting kids to communicate, imo.

I have read it isn't unusual for a pedophile to abuse approximately 100 children before finally caught. Disgusting and quite frightening to know they can manipulate their victims so readily without much worry of being turned in.

Slightly O/T but I'm just now listening to news that non reporting of child SA is to be criminalised here too, interesting that you already have that in law.

I may be proved wrong but my feeling is that EA's crime probably isn't against what we woud think of as a child but may be against a teen (not saying that's any better or worse.
JMO

What stuck with me has been the clarity & insightfulness of the female neighbor who spoke about being creeped out by EA.
That's when it clicked for me that he was a sexual predator.

That's his M.O.

Just my 2 cents

Is there meaning of the word child important in the charge? If it were a girl friend with overzealous parents, would the charge say sexual assault of a minor?

I dont know my Texas geography, were the charges for Christina's brought by the police of the town where she went missing? And now the sexual assault charges are a different town? Is it the town in which he resides?

I thought if this was a GF it would be Statutory Rape charges.

Incredible. I guess I was mistaken, but it was still poorly worded in the article. They should have a better system in place when an inmate is charged other than to have them see it on the news. An alert should go out to the interested parties and the jailer or someone should notify/serve the suspect. How is that even legal not to tell a suspect they have been charged with another crime?

Yes Especially when they have the dude in custody!
Not like they had to go looking for him!

Slightly O/T but I'm just now listening to news that non reporting of child SA is to be criminalised here too, interesting that you already have that in law.

I may be proved wrong but my feeling is that EA's crime probably isn't against what we woud think of as a child but may be against a teen (not saying that's any better or worse. Reading Steve's helpful post above suggests that peeping Tom activities might be covered by this charge

JMO
No. Peeping Tom would not be covered by a sexual assault charge to my knowledge. There has to be physical contact between the perp and victim.

The law against peeping Tom conduct is found in the Texas Penal Code, Section 42.01, Disorderly Conduct.

The statute states that a person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly, for a lewd or unlawful purpose, “enters on the property of another and looks into a dwelling on the property through any window or other opening in the dwelling.”

~Snip~

A person who commits the peeping Tom offense is charged with a Class C misdemeanor, which carries a potential punishment of a maximum fine of $500 and no confinement. The victim of a peeping Tom may not feel vindicated if the defendant only receives a fine, but that is the law. In order for a person to be given a stiffer sentence, other circumstances must have been discovered, such as a defendant who has repeatedly committed the same offense, whether or not against the same victim, or committed another offense such as “exposure” at or near the same time.

http://thedalharttexan.com/index.ph...il,0&cntnt01articleid=1055&cntnt01returnid=16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee