GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #38 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered if that damage happened if Christina was trying to escape, was she pulling the wheel side to side to try and cause the car to stop. Horrible horrible thought but it could be.

He was under the influence of drugs/alcohol so his judgments will have been impaired. Did he think he could turn somewhere but was smaller than looked? Did he misjudge the way to somewhere take a sharp turn?

Except LE made the statement they believe CM left the garage in Arochi's trunk. :thinking:
Did better surveillance surface allowing LE to get a better idea of what occurred in the garage?

Sorry I meant the video they have of him leaving the garage.. For some reason I thought I had read somewhere there wasn't any visible damage.. Then again if it was so grainy I'm not sure how they'd be able to tell.

Yeah, I knew what you meant.. I don't recall if LE stated there was any damage or not. My point is, the co-worker acted as though it was a fresh or "new" dent, that had just been noticed... That would be assuming that EA also worked on Friday the 29th..

Odd car damage (both sides - not front) & 3 hours late to work, rule out dumpster, for me... jmo

Unless he drove the car between two dumpsters that ended up being too close together - would that be possible? Are any dumpsters like that, commercial ones?
I'm thinking about ones that may be elevated several inches on a cement slab.
The dumpsters would appear to be further apart but the Camaro might come up against the cement slaps on either or both sides.

I struggle to believe she left the garage in the trunk, I just can't get my head around that one. But I think LE might be saying that because there's no DNA evidence for her being in the passenger seat, but there is for the trunk. So they would be speculating she was in the passenger side. But she was in the trunk!!

Why did he return to the area? Hopefully we will find out... One day!

I had a couple of thoughts - perhaps and altercation DID happen in the garage which resulted in CM being put in his trunk. Did he return to see he hadn't left any evidence? Any blood? Anything fallen out her bag? Any clothes fallen off, jewellery? Did he return to the scene of the crime as such to see if there was any police presence. Has anyone seen or heard?

Or... Did the 1st time they left were they going somewhwre re? Was CM still okay at this point but it all went wrong after this? I hope the police are able to work out the area he would have to have been in to ping off this tower.

In my opinion the police will have more pings, and just released what that had to to secure his bond.

Could someone help me out? Did Steve N not say shortly after CM walking to garage with EA that when he text her to see if she was okay his text was sent as a green text message and not a blue iMessage?

RBBM

This is my thought also. I can't get my head around EA going back to the garage with a body in the trunk unless he thought there may be some evidence that would incriminate him. Just me but I wouldn't want to drive anywhere with a dead person in my car. EA admitted to drinking a lot and taking some drugs too so his driving must have been less than good. Where's a cop when you need them? :gaah:

JMO

Yeah, I knew what you meant.. I don't recall if LE stated there was any damage or not. My point is, the co-worker acted as though it was a fresh or "new" dent, that had just been noticed... That would be assuming that EA also worked on Friday the 29th..

Is it common for co-workers to pay close attention to the other cars parked in the lot?
I wish we had a better idea of the damage and how obvious it was.
After it was revealed the damage was to both sides of the front of the car, it sounded as if it would be positioned lower down on the car (versus a large dent on one side).
I think I recall they said Arochi parked in back of the store on Saturday.
Was it normal to park there? If not, why would other employees check his car out?
I mean, if they didn't park there themselves how or why did they know his car was there?
I have to hear the testimony myself to make sense out of it.

Considering LE has surveillance from Kroger of Arochi cleaning his car, hopefully those images show more about the damage to EA's car before he had it fixed.

Did he have both sides repaired or just the one side with the worst damage?

Remember, EA claimed the damage was caused by punching his car after the jack gave way or something like that. Wait, he also told LE he used a lifter.
A jack is a lifter as far as what it is meant to do.
How does a "lifter" suddenly let a car down though anyway?
I know a typical jack, if not used properly, can suddenly drop the car.
Why would EA think anyone would believe he could punch his car resulting in that much damage, especially on both sides of his car?
For a seasoned liar, he sure isn't a very good one.

I know this may not be the most popular thing to say and there may very well be many that immediately want to rule it out as to a possibility of what *could* have happened. But is it possible that EA and CM went to his house, he had plans of what he wanted to do once he got her to his house but possibly CM wasn't cooperating and/or willing and things went bad from there and so he was bringing her back to her car after things didn't go as he had planned/hope and during that trip back to her car something took place, for example - his enrage escalated, possibly because he was turned down and that is when she met her demise so then he had to find a place to hide her body??

Just a possibility to think about...

I think "he got turned down" is very possible. I think that could have happened anywhere (including the garage at 3:57 am). However, if we assume it happened, and have to guess where, I'm inclined to think it did NOT happen at his house, for 2 reasons:
(a) his "route home" was via Legacy, which is what he told the PPD and which is the route he ultimately took to go home at 5 or so ...whereas, on the round trip, he traveled NE on 121 to somewhere
(b) if we theorize he went home twice, first making a round trip back to the Shops area, there isn't an extended time period to go inside his house
...note: if we then theorize that he went home but they were gone from there within minutes, it doesn't seem to me to offer anything anything more helpful than any other place we might theorize he could have gone with her ...don't forget that her phone (and presumably CM as well) traveled with him back to the Shops area

As an aside, I suspect LE may have a pretty good general idea where he might have gone in that initial round trip, from pings. May be of little consequence to know where that initial destination was, assuming she was still in his car when they were back at the Shops area again.

Even if something was dropped/left behind in the garage by CM, why would it be attributed to EA?
I mean, if anyone abducted CM, she could have dropped something in the process but that wouldn't explain who abducted her.
What might EA's thinking have been exactly (by returning to the garage) unless he thought he dropped something that could identify him?

Did he return to the apartment or nearby to it for any reason?
What locations ping the north tower anyway?
Do we know which tower pings when someone is in or adjacent to the garage?
What about the towers that ping from the apartment? Which ones are those?
Would they be the same as those that ping from the garage?
Or are either one or both of these locations out of range from the tower that tracked CM's final ping?

RBBM

This is my thought also. I can't get my head around EA going back to the garage with a body in the trunk unless he thought there may be some evidence that would incriminate him. Just me but I wouldn't want to drive anywhere with a dead person in my car. EA admitted to drinking a lot and taking some drugs too so his driving must have been less than good. Where's a cop when you need them? :gaah:

JMO

It's possible EA went back to the Shops area, to toss CM's belongings. Maybe that's what he put in a dumpster. If they were found, it would throw LE's scent off... If they weren't found (ie already "dumped).. no big deal either way... Then he takes CM to ???

Is it common for co-workers to pay close attention to the other cars parked in the lot?
After it was revealed the damage was to both sides of the front of the car, it sounded as if it would be positioned lower down on the car (versus a large dent on one side).
Was it normal to park there? If not, why would other employees check his car out?

I mean, if they didn't park there themselves how or why did they know his car was there?

Considering LE has surveillance from Kroger of Arochi cleaning his car, hopefully those images show more about the damage to EA's car before he had it fixed.

Remember, EA claimed the damage was caused by punching his car after the jack gave way or something like that. Wait, he also told LE he used a lifter.
Why would EA think anyone would believe he could punch his car resulting in that much damage, especially on both sides of his car?

I tend to take notice of "cool" cars, because I'm a guy & like them...lol. EA's car was pretty darn sharp looking & I imagine would turn heads (for younger guys especially, as well as myself).. I believe I would notice fairly quickly if a co-worker came to work & all of a sudden, had a dent in their Camaro SS..

As far as EA parking in back, I remember a poster on here a few months ago, that used to frequent the area where the Sprint store is. Before the arrest, the poster stated that EA's car was always right by the front door. (can't remember who the WS Poster was...)

It is hard to imagine EA killed Christina in that 3 minutes they were in the garage together, but it is possible. LE did say she left there in the trunk and I think they would know because they kept the seat belt and mat from the passenger seat for testing - or maybe that's just what they are saying up to this point. My first thought was that she did leave willingly with him, things went badly (something he said or did) and they fought in the car. He was only injured on his right side, IIRC. The fighting could have resulted in him swaying and banging his car (which really made him madder), then he stopped and finished what he started. This is just a theory, I truly hope they have a good solid case. I didn't get the feeling that she wanted to go anywhere with him, she just wanted to go home.

Didn't he also use a shop vac at his job? Maybe he parked out back so he could reach that..? Also maybe the co-workers went out back on break and noticed the damage then.

According to a public post I read on facebook, the protests at EA's home are being suspended for a few weeks. Some will continue to protest at jail visitation times.

That scenario got kicked around once or twice. But his brother was home. Of course, that's not saying something could have happened and the brother didn't hear it if it happened quickly. I don't see something that happened quickly, though, if EA was bruised, limping the next day and had a possible bite mark. But still possible.

So I've heard conflicting reports on this...not sleuthing the brother, but only asking as it relates to EA's actions. Was the brother home or not? I haven't heard one way or another definitive proof he was, but also haven't heard anything concrete saying he wasn't. Does the conflict come from:
1) Football schedule and EA/CA's parents being out of town, for at least, that weekend...why would CA have come home?
and
2) EA made a remark about waking his brother up during one of the interviews (which for all we know could have meant by phone).

I'm just curious if there has been anything conclusive on this matter.

Google 5800 Granite Parkway - the directions are to head north for 1.2 miles starting from 5700 Legacy Drive. Guess what comes up?

Hilton Dallas/Plano Granite Park Hotel (5805 Granite Parkway, Plano, TX)

Christina's phone pinged the Granite Park Tower.
IMO this location has nothing to do with The Shops At Legacy location.
I believe we can rule out the idea that EA returned to The Shops or the apartment.

This Granite Parkway location is in the opposite (heading west and away from Allen) direction from Allen.
From the location of CM's final phone ping, EA had to travel east for
approximately 8.5 miles before pinging again near 1500 Bethany Drive, Allen.

Why did EA head back towards Granite Parkway?

I tend to take notice of "cool" cars, because I'm a guy & like them...lol. EA's car was pretty darn sharp looking & I imagine would turn heads (for younger guys especially, as well as myself).. I believe I would notice fairly quickly if a co-worker came to work & all of a sudden, had a dent in their Camaro SS..

As far as EA parking in back, I remember a poster on here a few months ago, that used to frequent the area where the Sprint store is. Before the arrest, the poster stated that EA's car was always right by the front door. (can't remember who the WS Poster was...)

But on Saturday it was parked in the rear of the store?
It is all hearsay until the employee takes the stand though.

Why would Sprint have a shop vac handy? Are those used to clean commercial properties?
When I worked retail, they used heavy duty push type vacs.

Anyway, if EA always parked in front of the store but on Saturday, the 30th, parked in the back of the store (I read this somewhere on WS), he made another brilliant move in order to say, "hey everyone, look at me because my car is damaged and word will soon be out that I was the last person known to be with a missing woman after a night of heavy alcohol and drug use. I think I'll park my car somewhere different than I usually do, use the company shop vac and show off the new dents!"

First line, BBM, maybe it was during smoke breaks other employees noticed the damage. Since most businesses will not allow employees to smoke in front of their store front, I would imagine, if he parked in the back, it would have been visible to employees who may have been on smoke breaks.

B/IBM, BINGO! I'm so very thankful this is true.

Google 5800 Granite Parkway - the directions are to head north for 1.2 miles starting from 5700 Legacy Drive. Guess what comes up?

Hilton Dallas/Plano Granite Park Hotel (5805 Granite Parkway, Plano, TX)

Christina's phone pinged the Granite Park Tower.
IMO this location has nothing to do with The Shops At Legacy location.
I believe we can rule out the idea that EA returned to The Shops or the apartment.

This Granite Parkway location is in the opposite (heading west and away from Allen) direction from Allen.
From the location of CM's final phone ping, EA had to travel east for
approximately 8.5 miles before pinging again near 1500 Bethany Drive, Allen.

Why did EA head back towards Granite Parkway?

If it helps provide context, this was a construction site on 8/30/14. I'm not sure when the project was completed, but it certainly was not by then.

But on Saturday it was parked in the rear of the store?
It is all hearsay until the employee takes the stand though.

Why would Sprint have a shop vac handy? Are those used to clean commercial properties?
When I worked retail, they used heavy duty push type vacs.

Yes, as far as I know, it's all hearsay at this point. Personally, I don't find it odd to have a shop-vac at a business, or EA could have brought it from home (also not uncommon). But again, that is all hearsay as well...

So I've heard conflicting reports on this...not sleuthing the brother, but only asking as it relates to EA's actions. Was the brother home or not? I haven't heard one way or another definitive proof he was, but also haven't heard anything concrete saying he wasn't. Does the conflict come from:
1) Football schedule and EA/CA's parents being out of town, for at least, that weekend...why would CA have come home?
and
2) EA made a remark about waking his brother up during one of the interviews (which for all we know could have meant by phone).

I'm just curious if there has been anything conclusive on this matter.

I have never read anything official as to CA's whereabouts..

I think "he got turned down" is very possible. I think that could have happened anywhere (including the garage at 3:57 am). However, if we assume it happened, and have to guess where, I'm inclined to think it did NOT happen at his house, for 2 reasons:
(a) his "route home" was via Legacy, which is what he told the PPD and which is the route he ultimately took to go home at 5 or so ...whereas, on the round trip, he traveled NE on 121 to somewhere
(b) if we theorize he went home twice, first making a round trip back to the Shops area, there isn't an extended time period to go inside his house
...note: if we then theorize that he went home but they were gone from there within minutes, it doesn't seem to me to offer anything anything more helpful than any other place we might theorize he could have gone with her ...don't forget that her phone (and presumably CM as well) traveled with him back to the Shops area

As an aside, I suspect LE may have a pretty good general idea where he might have gone in that initial round trip, from pings. May be of little consequence to know where that initial destination was, assuming she was still in his car when they were back at the Shops area again.

BBM, has it ever been confirmed he took this route home? The only reason I ask is because when I read the first affidavit for the search warrant on the car it left me dumbfounded that he lied about something so easily verifiable due to toll records. Let's be clear, the majority of his lies have left me dumbfounded, but that was one of the first ones known to us so we were not yet well versed in his aversion to the truth, but I digress...
When I read in the affidavit the route he stated he took home (Legacy to 75), compared to the route we know he took immediately following his departure from the S@L (121/somewhere around Custer Rd Gantry), I thought to myself "That obfuscating heifer! I bet he thinks he's slick with his half truth" meaning, I think he may have actually been "honest" in that regard, honesty representing an "I'm smarter than you" version of "well....technically it's not a lie". Anyway, I just thought it funny that you are saying it's the suspected route he took home because I've always suspected that to be one of the few truths he has possibly told. If this has been covered somewhere and I just haven't seen it, I apologize for my energy surrounding this post. Also, if I'm mis-reading your post, forgive me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member