GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #38 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM, has it ever been confirmed he took this route home? The only reason I ask is because when I read the first affidavit for the search warrant on the car it left me dumbfounded that he lied about something so easily verifiable due to toll records.

There's probably evidence of a negative sort that proves this. When he went home at 5 am, if he had traveled on 121, there would be a toll tag record. I'd wager there is not.

Of course, "knowing that" with certainty is like so much in this case, where it's layered with some degree of haziness because (a) he lies, (b) LE doesn't tell us all of what they have come to know, or why they know it, and (c) we only have snippets of what was said in court, not the exact testimony including the questions asked that set the context.

In this circumstance, we don't actually know that there is no toll record after 5 am, because we haven't seen his toll tag records, but it would seem logical to figure one doesn't exist due to a lack of mention.

As an aside, as a general rule, to me it makes sense to try to deduce further and weigh our speculation and ideas not only on what we know for a total certainty, but also on what it appears is known. But maybe that's just me.

IMO something or someone was in the front of his car because why else would he vacuum it out?

IMO something or someone was in the front of his car because why else would he vacuum it out?

Logical to make that assumption. I agree that it seems more likely than not, and that the diligent cleaning and vacuuming soon thereafter certainly hints of that. But hard to prove that Holly was a passenger because EA vacuumed his car a few days later, unless you find some actual evidence of her in that seat.

But imo there's no need or value for LE to prove she was ever his passenger, so why bother? I think LE will keep it simple, stick to what they know, and not try to prove details that don't change the bottom line.

At some unknown (as to exact time or place) point after they were seen on video at 3:55, EA put her IN HIS TRUNK (kidnapping her, since she wasn't there willingly or for her welfare). That's all that's really needed as to whether or not he kidnapped her.

I know this may not be the most popular thing to say and there may very well be many that immediately want to rule it out as to a possibility of what *could* have happened. But is it possible that EA and CM went to his house, he had plans of what he wanted to do once he got her to his house but possibly CM wasn't cooperating and/or willing and things went bad from there and so he was bringing her back to her car after things didn't go as he had planned/hope and during that trip back to her car something took place, for example - his enrage escalated, possibly because he was turned down and that is when she met her demise so then he had to find a place to hide her body??

Just a possibility to think about...

I actually do believe that CM got in the passenger seat willingly, that they had a destination in mind, and that it either turned out that they weren't on the same page, or something that was implied or promised was not delivered, or that CM may have been injured or become dangerously ill at said destination.

Sorry to sound vague, but I just never really believed she left the garage in the trunk or that she left the garage with him unwillingly. I believe things went wrong later. I do not discount the possibility that what went wrong may have involved drugs. I just don't think the boyfriend, or soon to be ex-boyfriend had of his own volition any direct involvement, said me, as I tiptoe around TOS.

Logical to make that assumption. I agree that it seems more likely than not, and that the diligent cleaning and vacuuming soon thereafter certainly hints of that. But hard to prove that Holly was a passenger because EA vacuumed his car a few days later, unless you find some actual evidence of her in that seat.

But imo there's no need or value for LE to prove she was ever his passenger, so why bother? I think LE will keep it simple, stick to what they know, and not try to prove details that don't change the bottom line.

At some unknown (as to exact time or place) point after they were seen on video at 3:55, EA put her IN HIS TRUNK (kidnapping her, since she wasn't there willingly or for her welfare). That's all that's really needed as to whether or not he kidnapped her.

Good point - why go there if you don't have to prove it?

Are we absolutely sure that the video showing his car leaving the garage is so grainy, you cannot see who is inside, only the color and make of the car? We may never know, doesn't change the outcome either way. I hope she didn't go willingly with creepy guy.

They way that car is and with the lighting and angle of the camera IMO you could prob only see the steering wheel and a hand on it.

In my opinion this is because LE have Christina's DNA from EA's trunk. No doubt about that, they might not have (at the time or even still now) have her DNA in the passenger seat. Doesn't mean she was not there. They just might not have the proof. So why say it? Cause speculation when they don't need to because she was in the trunk.

Yes, I realize the DNA is key evidence and was found in EA's trunk.
Until we have more information from LE (whose only definitive statement has been they believe CM was in EA's trunk when he exited the garage), we're all just talking about possible theories beyond the margins of what LE has offered the public.
Maybe LE made the statement to mislead or relax other possible suspects.
LE does that sometimes. It's difficult to tell.
But if LE really believes their own statement, EA disabled CM immediately after we saw them together on video in the garage.

Here is a timeline from this article:
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/comm...womans-dna-found-on-trunk-of-suspects-car.ece

TIMELINE: Morris disappearance

This timeline is based on information detailed in police affidavits as well as key events that have occurred surrounding the case.

3:55 a.m. Aug. 30: Video surveillance shows Christina Morris and Enrique Arochi entering the parking garage at The Shops at Legacy in Plano where their cars were parked.

3:58 a.m. Aug. 30: Video surveillance shows Arochi’s Camaro leaving the parking garage.

4:08 a.m. Aug. 30: Arochi’s Camaro passed through the northbound Custer Road gantry on the Sam Rayburn Tollway.

4:47 and 4:56 a.m. Aug. 30: A cellular phone tower at 5800 Granite Parkway near The Shops at Legacy communicates first with Arochi’s cellphone and then with Morris’ cellphone. The readings indicate the phones were in proximity.

5:32 a.m. Aug. 30: Arochi’s cellphone communicates with a cell tower in the 1500 block of East Bethany Drive in Allen near his home.

10:15 a.m. Aug. 30: Surveillance video at Kroger at 1212 E. Bethany Drive shows Arochi inspecting the car’s trunk area and then filling the car with gas. Arochi also inspects the passenger door and wipes it with an unknown material. He also uses a window squeegee to scrub the back of his car.

11:17 p.m. Sept. 2: Christina Morris is reported missing to Plano police.

Sept. 3 and 4: Arochi is interviewed by Plano police.

Sept. 4: Arochi consents to an initial search of his Camaro. The interior is described as very clean and recently vacuumed. Damage to the right front fender is noted. Bruising on Arochi’s right forearm and abrasions on right hand are noted. Arochi tells police he punched the fender in anger after being injured while turning the tires.

Sept. 8: Photos of Camaro damage are taken to Huffines Collision Center in Plano; estimator says fender damage is inconsistent with Arochi’s explanation.

Sept. 10: Police interview Arochi’s co-worker at Sprint, who said Arochi came in to work Aug. 30 and looked horrible, walked with a limp and said his ribs hurt. The co-worker saw a bite mark on Arochi’s arm. Arochi told the co-worker he was in a fight at The Shops at Legacy.

Sept. 10: Plano police collect trash from the Arochi household in Allen. They find two empty 32-ounce bottles of cleaner. They also find various cleaning rags, towels and cleaning supplies.

Sept. 15: Sprint store where Arochi worked reports theft of cellphone to Wylie police. The phone was activated to Arochi’s personal account on Aug. 25. Police say the phone was wiped to eliminate or destroy evidence and returned to another store employee. Arochi was charged with misdemeanor theft.

Sept. 24: Plano police again collect trash from Arochi household in Allen. They find an empty gallon-size bottle of concentrated cleaner with a label stating that it can produce 32 gallons of cleaning solution capable of killing 99.99 percent of germs. Another empty 32-ounce bottle of cleaner was found. Police also found a handwritten note in the trash listing several items, including a black shirt, texts, bank bills and cell bills.

Sept. 26: Plano police obtain a search warrant for Arochi’s car. It is processed for bodily fluids and other trace evidence. Samples are sent off to a forensic lab for testing.

Nov. 4: News about the search warrant for Arochi’s car is made public.

Dec. 9: Plano police receive lab results showing DNA evidence was collected from Arochi’s vehicle.

Dec. 13: Plano police arrest Arochi on a charge of aggravated kidnapping. Arochi’s bail is set at $1 million.

Friday: The court releases the arrest warrant and probable cause affidavit for Arochi.

Christina Morris

So there is not quite an hour between when EA left parking garage to phone pinging back at granite parkway. We know when he left garage he went at least to Custer rd using Sam Rayburn tollway.
Then after ping at granite parkway, his phone pings back to Allen close to his house; at 5:32am.
Then 10:15 am Kroger video.
In MOO he disposed of Christina after returning to his house in Allen, between the time of 5:32am to 10:15am.

Giving him 4hrs and 43min. to hide her body. I feel like he placed her north of allen...

I see a "Grand Opening" party announcement in a newspaper article dated 8/29/14 (http://www.dallasnews.com/business/...rs-the-competition-for-business-travelers.ece), which indicates a "soft opening", probably consisting of an invitation only cocktail party, a tour of the open area facilities/accommodations, a hired wait-staff, and Hors D'oeuvres. According to the Hilton Dallas/Plano Granite Park Facebook page, it did not officially open for business until 9/10/14 (MOD's, I only include the Hilton's FB page info as a substantiating claim to the hotel in question not yet being open for business until after the disappearance of CM). If you search "Hilton Dallas/Plano Granite Park" on FB and scroll to the bottom of the page, you will see the first post dated 9/10/14 announcing the official "open for business" date.

Thanks for doing the research after claiming the building wasn't standing yet!
Is it possible to get your hands on the guest list for the grand opening? :thinking:

I doubt very much she went with him on purpose, but jmo. She clearly intended to go home, Imo, and since his car left fairly quickly, I do not think there was time for a big decision, re: IF she could not find car key, rather than call her friends at apartment, deciding to go with him. And there is no indication her car keys were ever missing. If HF was responding to all of those texts, I might think otherwise, but she she seemed determine to go to fW. Jmo

Here is a timeline from this article:
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/comm...womans-dna-found-on-trunk-of-suspects-car.ece

TIMELINE: Morris disappearance

This timeline is based on information detailed in police affidavits as well as key events that have occurred surrounding the case.

3:55 a.m. Aug. 30: Video surveillance shows Christina Morris and Enrique Arochi entering the parking garage at The Shops at Legacy in Plano where their cars were parked.

3:58 a.m. Aug. 30: Video surveillance shows Arochi’s Camaro leaving the parking garage.

4:08 a.m. Aug. 30: Arochi’s Camaro passed through the northbound Custer Road gantry on the Sam Rayburn Tollway.

4:47 and 4:56 a.m. Aug. 30: A cellular phone tower at 5800 Granite Parkway near The Shops at Legacy communicates first with Arochi’s cellphone and then with Morris’ cellphone. The readings indicate the phones were in proximity.

5:32 a.m. Aug. 30: Arochi’s cellphone communicates with a cell tower in the 1500 block of East Bethany Drive in Allen near his home.

10:15 a.m. Aug. 30: Surveillance video at Kroger at 1212 E. Bethany Drive shows Arochi inspecting the car’s trunk area and then filling the car with gas. Arochi also inspects the passenger door and wipes it with an unknown material. He also uses a window squeegee to scrub the back of his car.

11:17 p.m. Sept. 2: Christina Morris is reported missing to Plano police.

Sept. 3 and 4: Arochi is interviewed by Plano police.

Sept. 4: Arochi consents to an initial search of his Camaro. The interior is described as very clean and recently vacuumed. Damage to the right front fender is noted. Bruising on Arochi’s right forearm and abrasions on right hand are noted. Arochi tells police he punched the fender in anger after being injured while turning the tires.

Sept. 8: Photos of Camaro damage are taken to Huffines Collision Center in Plano; estimator says fender damage is inconsistent with Arochi’s explanation.

Sept. 10: Police interview Arochi’s co-worker at Sprint, who said Arochi came in to work Aug. 30 and looked horrible, walked with a limp and said his ribs hurt. The co-worker saw a bite mark on Arochi’s arm. Arochi told the co-worker he was in a fight at The Shops at Legacy.

Sept. 10: Plano police collect trash from the Arochi household in Allen. They find two empty 32-ounce bottles of cleaner. They also find various cleaning rags, towels and cleaning supplies.

Sept. 15: Sprint store where Arochi worked reports theft of cellphone to Wylie police. The phone was activated to Arochi’s personal account on Aug. 25. Police say the phone was wiped to eliminate or destroy evidence and returned to another store employee. Arochi was charged with misdemeanor theft.

Sept. 24: Plano police again collect trash from Arochi household in Allen. They find an empty gallon-size bottle of concentrated cleaner with a label stating that it can produce 32 gallons of cleaning solution capable of killing 99.99 percent of germs. Another empty 32-ounce bottle of cleaner was found. Police also found a handwritten note in the trash listing several items, including a black shirt, texts, bank bills and cell bills.

Sept. 26: Plano police obtain a search warrant for Arochi’s car. It is processed for bodily fluids and other trace evidence. Samples are sent off to a forensic lab for testing.

Nov. 4: News about the search warrant for Arochi’s car is made public.

Dec. 9: Plano police receive lab results showing DNA evidence was collected from Arochi’s vehicle.

Dec. 13: Plano police arrest Arochi on a charge of aggravated kidnapping. Arochi’s bail is set at $1 million.

Friday: The court releases the arrest warrant and probable cause affidavit for Arochi.

Christina Morris

So there is not quite an hour between when EA left parking garage to phone pinging back at granite parkway. We know when he left garage he went at least to Custer rd using Sam Rayburn tollway.
Then after ping at granite parkway, his phone pings back to Allen close to his house; at 5:32am.
Then 10:15 am Kroger video.
In MOO he disposed of Christina after returning to his house in Allen, between the time of 5:32am to 10:15am.

Giving him 4hrs and 43min. to hide her body. I feel like he placed her north of allen...

I just want to add that I think that Christina was harmed between the Custer road, Sam Rayburn tollway and granite parkway. I believe that it pertains to the "good rock" text sent earlier.

Why would he take the toll road if he had Christina harmed in his trunk when he left the shops, would he not know that taking the toll road is traceable?

Along Granite Parkway there are three lakes, an outer one with a narrower lake behind it, then a third one nearest to the Blue Mesa Grill with the Original Pancake House on the other side.

I can't see a cell tower located or tagged "Granite Parkway".
Was the map with the exact cell tower, from which CM's phone pinged, located earlier?

Today, while looking at maps, it looks like Granite Parkway is almost connected to the Shops At Legacy.
They're one mile apart but isn't the apartment one mile away (going in the other direction) from the garage too?

How much distance does one cell tower cover?
Sprint is rated only one star in Plano according to www.cellreception.com and I don't see a tower indicated on Granite Parkway.

I doubt very much she went with him on purpose, but jmo. She clearly intended to go home, Imo, and since his car left fairly quickly, I do not think there was time for a big decision, re: IF she could not find car key, rather than call her friends at apartment, deciding to go with him. And there is no indication her car keys were ever missing. If HF was responding to all of those texts, I might think otherwise, but she she seemed determine to go to fW. Jmo

Thank you for taking me right back to my original thoughts (love your avatar, too)! EA and Christina had at least a 10 minute walk from the apartment to the garage and I think they talked. I think he wanted to keep the party going with her and she was going to go home. She had a bf and rock if she wanted it, why would she go anywhere with him? I can see him losing it in a minute, then what? He has to put her in the trunk and get out of there. I also think he found a place to put her, then went home thinking he would crash for a couple of hours, but was spent and woke up late. Does this make any sense with the timeline?

I just want to add that I think that Christina was harmed between the Custer road, Sam Rayburn tollway and granite parkway. I believe that it pertains to the "good rock" text sent earlier.

Why would he take the toll road if he had Christina harmed in his trunk when he left the shops, would he not know that taking the toll road is traceable?

Upon reading the timeline you posted (thank you) and because I've just been looking at maps, why is it everyone has been saying all along that EA turned back/went back to SAL?
That, versus he just exited at or near to Granite Parkway to go where ever?
Keeping in mind I don't know exactly where the gantry is located, is it a lot further beyond Granite Parkway?
All along, I've been under the impression he drove quite a distance before turning around to head back towards SAL. Or, did EA just head to the Granite Parkway area straight away?
(Nothing like be a day late and a dollar short - ugh!)

But, police always take into account the last communication found on the victim's phone (or, in this case, the exchanges CM participated in using EA's phone).
Not to mention, there was a lot of activity that doesn't seem normal on CM's phone leading up to her disappearance.
LE may rule out its significance to the crime, but they always consider final communications.
I'm not so quick to dismiss the inquiry to get a hold of drugs from CM's bf.

I definitely agree with that, I just am trying to piece together what possibly could have happened that night. I just personally think something happened while they were driving, he swerved and it went downhill from there. But the bottom line is she wound up in his trunk, bleeding, and that is all LE needs to prove he kidnapped her.

Upon reading the timeline you posted (thank you) and because I've just been looking at maps, why is it everyone has been saying all along that EA turned back/went back to SAL?
That, versus he just exited at or near to Granite Parkway to go where ever?
Keeping in mind I don't know exactly where the gantry is located, is it a lot further beyond Granite Parkway?
All along, I've been under the impression he drove quite a distance before turning around to head back towards SAL. Or, did EA just head to the Granite Parkway area straight away?
(Nothing like be a day late and a dollar short - ugh!)

Woe, you make great points. Where is the tower that pinged on granite parkway?

If we go by the thought that the tower is close to the shops then, there was 39 mins from the Custer rd/Sam Rayburn. Tollway and granite parkway. 4:08am-4:47am. That would leave a 19 1/2 minute radius from Custer/ Sam Rayburn toll to granite parkway... Where did they go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CooperDeVille