GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #39 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The video was of him using a window cleaning squeegee at the gas station to clean areas of the trunk and door. I believe the only vacuuming we know of for certain was done at his work.

That's all we were told was on the Kroger video... who knows?

WOW! I had always believed there was a large amount of evidence, I did not quite imagine it to be like this.
I'm guessing this will all include the CCTV footage, interviews with EA, and sll the other witnesses and people interviewed.
Perhaps some of this has come from phones and computers.
My head is ticking wondering what all they have uncovered.

1 terabyte can store a huge amount of information! (LE must have cctv footage from every camera in N Texas lol)

According to this site: http://www.pcninja.us/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/PCNinja_1TBHold1.jpg

17,000 hours of music
1000 hours of video (40 days)
310,000 photos

The video was of him using a window cleaning squeegee at the gas station to clean areas of the trunk and door. I believe the only vacuuming we know of for certain was done at his work.
I just reached out to Brittany Feagans on the shop vac... Waiting for a response.
PPD could of picked up a shop vac at his home... I assume they are referring to sprint shop vac...

1 terabyte can store a huge amount of information! (LE must have cctv footage from every camera in N Texas lol)

According to this site: http://www.pcninja.us/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/PCNinja_1TBHold1.jpg

17,000 hours of music
1000 hours of video (40 days)
310,000 photos
Wow... Thank you.. Gives us an idea of what they mean by huge... This is in addition to the 170 - 200 DVD's they already given the defense... You think they have evidence. That sure answers some of the questions we have been tossing around here on ws.....as to if PPD had more evidence.

Wow... Thank you.. Gives us an idea of what they mean by huge... This is in addition to the 170 - 200 DVD's they already given the defense... You think they have evidence. That sure answers some of the questions we have been tossing around here on ws.....as to if PPD had more evidence.
I'm not sure what to think on the volume of evidence. I feel like EA is responsible, but I'm concerned because if the RIGHT evidence was there, you wouldn't need to dazzle with sheer volume. To the extreme example....if there was a video of a murder, then you wouldn't need very much other evidence or pull a bunch of abstract evidence to try to create a narrative.

My question is are they required to give ALL evidence they collected. . Or just RELEVANT evidence? (As it relates to the charges)

I'm not sure what to think on the volume of evidence. I feel like EA is responsible, but I'm concerned because if the RIGHT evidence was there, you wouldn't need to dazzle with sheer volume. To the extreme example....if there was a video of a murder, then you wouldn't need very much other evidence or pull a bunch of abstract evidence to try to create a narrative.

Respectfully, I think you have it backwards. It sounds like you want them to be selective as to what evidence they send to the defense, and it doesn't work like that at this point.

This is disclosure to the defense. Here, they have to send it all - anything inculpatory, anything exculpatoruy, and most to all of the gray area or uncertain as well. (For example, if they have video that shows nothing, maybe that "nothing" can make a point for one side or the other. Gotta send it too.)

At trial, they can and must be selective in which of this evidence they use. But right now, they have a legal obligation to show the other side what they've found. And clearly it's a lot. Rather than this being some sort of attempt to dazzle, instead it's LE doing their job, that the law requires.

And this certainly should put to rest the fiction that LE did some sort of cursory investigation here. These guys are very smart, very professional, and very focused.

Respectfully, I think you have it backwards. It sounds like you want them to be selective as to what evidence they send to the defense, and it doesn't work like that at this point.

This is disclosure to the defense. Here, they have to send it all - anything inculpatory, anything exculpatoruy, and most to all of the gray area or uncertain as well. (For example, if they have video that shows nothing, maybe that "nothing" can make a point for one side or the other. Gotta send it too.)

At trial, they can and must be selective in which of this evidence they use. But right now, they have a legal obligation to show the other side what they've found. And clearly it's a lot. Rather than this being some sort of attempt to dazzle, instead it's LE doing their job, that the law requires.

And this certainly should put to rest the fiction that LE did some sort of cursory investigation here. These guys are very smart, very professional, and very focused.
Thank you, I was wondering about that, it makes perfect sense. I'm sure that they are focused and want the truth exposed. So the volume of evidence is more a function of the amount of investigation, not necessarily the quality of incriminating evidence.

I am just so glad that there is a trial date, but I am hoping so much that Christina can be located before the trial. This would be so much easier on her family than facing the upcoming trial being still uncertain of her whereabouts.

Thank you, I was wondering about that, it makes perfect sense. I'm sure that they are focused and want the truth exposed. So the volume of evidence is more a function of the amount if investigation, not necessarily the quality of incriminating evidence.
As someone mentioned above, to have done that much investigation and have EA and only EA arrested speaks volumes in itself to the lone wolf theory, IMO.

Thank you, I was wondering about that, it makes perfect sense. I'm sure that they are focused and want the truth exposed. So the volume of evidence is more a function of the amount of investigation, not necessarily the quality of incriminating evidence.
It does make sense. We heard about how thorough PPD was. This is just the beginning.
We see so much in the news these days about police officers. It only makes the news when LE is doing something wrong. Problem is no one is going to report on the good. It's boring, it's not news worthy. I grew up in Plano. Lived here over 30 years. They have a great reputation. Just like doctors, lawyers, etc.. Some are good, some are great and a few spoil it for the rest.

Did we ever explore other missing cases near Plano that fit the same MO? I am reviewing Jesse Matthew and Hannah Graham and LE ended up with a serial killer/rapist.

Makes me wonder.

It does make sense. We heard about how thorough PPD was. This is just the beginning.
We see so much in the news these days about police officers. It only makes the news when LE is doing something wrong. Problem is no one is going to report on the good. It's boring, it's not news worthy. I grew up in Plano. Lived here over 30 years. They have a great reputation. Just like doctors, lawyers, etc.. Some are good, some are great and a few spoil it for the rest.
I'm sure that you are right. I know quite a few cops and work with some professionally, for the most part they are good people. But I will add that there is a systemic problem that the ends justify the means. I'm a person who believes that the 'means' is the most important part. And I'm not a young black **** Fox News, lol.

I see it as 'crossing the T's and dotting the I's'- IMO obviously.

Thank you.
Something isn't sitting right with me about this case.
Some cases on WS (Bobo, Elvis and others) aren't as clear cut as some people portray imo.
The cases that are clear cut never seem to be encased in secrecy and mystery.

How and what evidence could possibly involve a file as large as Prosecutors describe this one?
Why the delay in obtaining the disc or flash drive to copy the files?
Sounds like a delay tactic or just a dumb excuse to delay sharing info with the defense (sorry, but that's what I think).
There is something Prosecutors don't want the public to find out about imo.
Whatever it is, probably doesn't have to do with kidnapping but what happened beyond.
Why such mystery surrounding a kidnapping and murder involving one perp?

I am just so glad that there is a trial date, but I am hoping so much that Christina can be located before the trial. This would be so much easier on her family than facing the upcoming trial being still uncertain of her whereabouts.

The trial is scheduled for November, 2015.
I'll believe it when the day comes, not before.

Thank you.
Something isn't sitting right with me about this case.
Some cases on WS (Bobo, Elvis and others) aren't as clear cut as some people portray imo.
The cases that are clear cut never seem to be encased in secrecy and mystery.

How and what evidence could possibly involve a file as large as Prosecutors describe this one?
Sounds like a delay tactic or just a dumb excuse to delay sharing info with the defense (sorry, but that's what I think).
Whatever it is, probably doesn't have to do with kidnapping but what happened beyond.
Why such mystery surrounding a kidnapping and murder involving one perp?

With the utmost of respect, I don't believe I have ever disagreed more with one of your posts. I don't think it makes any sense to compare this case to others... all are different, except maybe the criminal charge. It's possible that LE is even surprised by the amount of evidence that has been gathered by their investigation. The judge in the case would more than likely see through any delay tactics and act accordingly. Dumb excuses? So far I have seen nothing to suggest that PPD is "dumb".. I believe it is the opposite.. They have amazed me with this investigation, just with the little bit we know. The prosecution/LE does not owe the public any information.. As far as any "mystery" surrounding the case, there is still a missing person that they are searching for, so the investigation is still quite active... JMO, IMO!

With all due respect, what are you imagining?

First of all, this is the POLAR OPPOSITE of delay.

The prosecution was first ordered to start turning over files YESTERDAY. And on the very same day, they (a) immediately either produced, or began to produce, a couple hundred discs of evidence, (b) let the defense and the court know they had more, would have to get a hard drive for it, and would provide it just as soon as they got that hard drive, and (c) let the defense and the court know they still had some test results on the way, told them what they were about, and gave a general time frame.

Let me say it again. The court ordered them only yesterday to start turning over files.. On the same day, they began the process and outlined how and when the rest would be coming. That is NOT stalling. The defense is getting so much already that I doubt they can go through it all before they get the rest.

I have seen cases with stalling tactics. You mention the Bobo case, and in that one discovery was ordered almost a year ago and the defense is still without huge amounts (maybe even most). This is the opposite. These guys are pros, and handle their business, because they want to get this one finished and be freed to work on another. Investigate, arrest, trial, conviction, off to jail, "next!".

In addition, the discovery process has NOTHING to do with the public, so the allegation that LE is hiding something from the public is completely off base. Nothing is revealed to the public in the discovery process.

That's a lot of evidence collected and already turned over to the defense, (not even counting the terabyte) yet he's the only one jailed and the only one being charged in this. I'm sticking with the opinions he's THE guy.

On a side note, I'm glad the gag order was dropped. The state & judge (IMO) knew what the defense was aiming to do.

SUCCESS!

Feel free to beg to differ, respecfully disagree, or roll your eyes (not you specifically Bae) but EA is definitely the only one charged in this crime, but he's not the only one jailed.

While I believe 95% EA is a lone wolf in this crime, I still have a weird inkling there's more to the story.

I don't believe in coincidence and can't let go of the good rock text.

I'm glad for Christina's family this is moving forward and I can only pray they find her before EA goes to trial.

It's not realistic he gets the maximum for AK and I would really hate to see Christina and her family not get justice for her death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member