GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #39 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he didn't kill her and he just kidnapped her, where is she?

The only person that can answer that is currently in jail for her kidnapping.

I believe Christina is sadly dead, and he disposed of her body. The police might not have any proof she's dead. But they do have evidence to believe she was kidnapped by EA, and has never been seen since. Hence why EA is in jail and awaiting trial for aggravated kidnapping!

The fact is, though, that the prosecuting attorney does have a tougher job in cases where there is no body or witness. The attorney not only has to prove that accused did it, but that crime was done in the first place.

If there is no body or witness, the defense attorney, instead of arguing that there is reasonable doubt his client comitted the crime, can argue that there is reasonable doubt the crime occurred in the first place.

So, I think it makes sense to start talking about the trial. It's an interesting case and it's not that cut and dry.

Also, I think some of us are wanting to look at the whole situation (everyone included) in hopes of finding a clue as to where CHRISTINA is. I'm with Boots! It's time to start searching the landfill.

BBM

If your concern is LE proving that CM left the garage in EA's trunk, they never have made that statement. That seems to be the assumption of many..

The arrest warrant states that LE believes EA left the SAL area with CM in the trunk. So far, we know her phone quit pinging near the Granite location, which is in the SAL area.

From the hearing: Stamm said the most probable thing that happened was an altercation in the garage lead to Morris in the trunk. Stamm does not state that is where the actual assault happened. An altercation could be an argument, that later lead to the actual attack. Or, the altercation could have been with HF (phone call), so she got in the car with EA to calm down..
Also, LE has never stated that CM was not in the passenger seat. They just didn't find her DNA there.. My guess is EA got lucky with the vacuum..

ETA:

The last paragraph of the arrest warrant:
With the information obtained through this investigation. Affiant believes Enrique Arochi
Gutierrez committed the offense of Aggravated Kidnapping PC 20.04 on August 30. 2014.
in the area of the 5700 block of Legacy Drive at the Shops at Legacy in Plano, Collin County.
Texas. when he intentionally or knowingly abducted another person. Christina Marie Morris, with
the intent to inflict bodily injury on her or violate or abuse her sexually.

Again, nothing mentioned about leaving the garage in the trunk.

I can't find one official statement from LE/PPD that says "CM left the garage in EA's trunk". Someone correct me if I'm wrong..

Just throwing that information out there..

http://starlocalmedia.com/allenamer...cle_14dd4862-9de4-11e4-b48e-5765cf2b7e65.html

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1384021-morris-docs-121914.html#document/p1

Oh my god! :gaah: First I get reprimanded for stating theories that involve Christina leaving voluntarily with EA in the garage and I'm told I should only go by what is stated in the warrant. I believe someone accused me of creative writing or reading between the lines: pulling ideas out of my :butthead:

Whatever! From the second warrant:

"Based on the information provided in this Affidavit, Affiant believes the cellular data information which indicated Enrique Gutierrez Arochi's cellular device communicated with a cellular tower in the area of his home less than 40 minutes after his cellular device communicated with the same cellular tower as Christina Morris' cellular device near the SHOPS AT LEGACY, Affiant believes Arochi returned to his residence following the last communication of his cellular device with the SHOPS AT LEGACY tower in the early morning hours of August 30, 2014. Based on the cellular data information and the Bode Technology Lab Case File which confirmed that Christina Morris' DNA was present in the interior trunk area of Enrique Gutierrez Arochi's vehicle. Affiant further believes Arochi LEFT the SHOPS AT LEGACY "AREA" and returned to his residence located at 1218 Harvard Lane in Allen, TX, with CHRISTINA MORRIS IN THE TRUNK OF HIS 2010 CHEVROLET CAMARO contrary to his statements that Morris was never in his vehicle."

https://cbsdallas.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/380a-20141212-arrest-10-sw-arrest-return-sealed.pdf

The garage would have been the best place to have put Christina Morris in his trunk. No, you are correct, the POlice never come right and say she left the garage in his trunk. So, where and when did he put her in the trunk? Hmmmm... I have no clue. The garage seems the best place for that to have gone down seeing as the CCTV video inside the garage was pretty crappy and maybe not even an area covered by CCTV.

Do I personally believe she left in the trunk? No. Like someone said, that would have been a cold SOB that could have knocked her out immediately out the range of the cameras and thrown her into the trunk. I don't know him. Have no clue what he's like when he's been drinking and doing drugs. Have no idea what Christina is like when she's been drinking and doing drugs. I do believe she was highly upset that night with her boyfriend, and I do believe she sent the text to HF "how about some of that good rock" and not EA.

Just here commenting and thinking about Christina and wishing she would turn up. Hoping, but not expecting to hear what really happened that night... the truth - something all of the people involved that night there and beyond SAL happen to be strangers with truth. :peace: I believe we're here for the same reason If not, :banme:

Oh my god! :gaah: First I get reprimanded for stating theories that involve Christina leaving voluntarily with EA in the garage and I'm told I should only go by what is stated in the warrant. I believe someone accused me of creative writing or reading between the lines: pulling ideas out of my :butthead:

Respectfully snipped by me;

Nobody is reprimanding you or telling you what to post. If you feel that way, it was certainly not my intention. I posted some facts, that I believe are valid, concerning the topic of "leaving the garage in the trunk"..

Respectfully snipped by me;

Nobody is reprimanding you or telling you what to post. If you feel that way, it was certainly not my intention. I posted some facts, that I believe are valid, concerning the topic of "leaving the garage in the trunk"..
To tag along with you Zippi, I don't see that as a reprimand. So much negative energy is spent on this. Zippi, you are a great example of trying to talk about what we know to be true at this point in regards to Christina. Let us move forward as we continue to toss around ideas.

No way he will take the stand. He lied to police too many times during the investigation. His lawyer can't let him and I don't see it happening. Jmo
(i know it is EA's choice...but no.)

No way he will take the stand. He lied to police too many times during the investigation. His lawyer can't let him and I don't see it happening. Jmo
(i know it is EA's choice...but no.)

Gore will duct tape his mouth... :slap:

I don't think he will either, but he seems just cocky enough that I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

With the utmost of respect, I don't believe I have ever disagreed more with one of your posts. I don't think it makes any sense to compare this case to others... all are different, except maybe the criminal charge. It's possible that LE is even surprised by the amount of evidence that has been gathered by their investigation. The judge in the case would more than likely see through any delay tactics and act accordingly. Dumb excuses? So far I have seen nothing to suggest that PPD is "dumb".. I believe it is the opposite.. They have amazed me with this investigation, just with the little bit we know. The prosecution/LE does not owe the public any information.. As far as any "mystery" surrounding the case, there is still a missing person that they are searching for, so the investigation is still quite active... JMO, IMO!

Maybe I should not have used the word "dumb"; lame excuse fits better.
I don't believe lawyers are dumb by any stretch of the imagination which is why finding a large disc shouldn't be that hard to do. Imo lawyers use excuses or tactics to explain their delays away or to bide time when they think it's to their advantage.
Or, sometimes the procedure they're supposed to follow seems disorganized (based on judges' reactions, in other cases, as to why the prosecution or defense team hasn't provided this or that to the other side before hearings, pretrial or even after a trial has begun).

In cases where evidence is solid, it seems more evidence becomes known ahead of trial as is the case regarding the kidnapping charges against EA.

In the the Elvis case, the DNA LE claimed came from the accused truck turned out to be a lab error and really came from the victim's vehicle.
The huge error in that case is probably not true in this case, but I like to keep possibility of error in mind prior to hearing evidence as it unfolds during a trial.
There have been a few cases where I have felt as certain as you do about this one prior to the trial taking place. This case is messy imo.

With all due respect, what are you imagining?

First of all, this is the POLAR OPPOSITE of delay.

The prosecution was first ordered to start turning over files YESTERDAY. And on the very same day, they (a) immediately either produced, or began to produce, a couple hundred discs of evidence, (b) let the defense and the court know they had more, would have to get a hard drive for it, and would provide it just as soon as they got that hard drive, and (c) let the defense and the court know they still had some test results on the way, told them what they were about, and gave a general time frame.

Let me say it again. The court ordered them only yesterday to start turning over files.. On the same day, they began the process and outlined how and when the rest would be coming. That is NOT stalling. The defense is getting so much already that I doubt they can go through it all before they get the rest.

I have seen cases with stalling tactics. You mention the Bobo case, and in that one discovery was ordered almost a year ago and the defense is still without huge amounts (maybe even most). This is the opposite. These guys are pros, and handle their business, because they want to get this one finished and be freed to work on another. Investigate, arrest, trial, conviction, off to jail, "next!".

In addition, the discovery process has NOTHING to do with the public, so the allegation that LE is hiding something from the public is completely off base. Nothing is revealed to the public in the discovery process.

Oh, I thought Texas is supposed to have an open system like Sunshine Laws or something.
There seems to be a lot of secrecy about results of additional evidence or not, beyond EA's car.
EA wasn't arrested for a long time to begin with imo.
Sometimes, when a case is obvious, LE arrests a perp within a few days.
My opinion is there's info in the huge files that, if known, complicate the case beyond the kidnapping.

IMHO I don't see how being the last one seen with the missing person, lies, DNA of CM in the trunk as being that mysterious. But that's just me I suppose. I do think the LE in the beginning where keeping tight lipped about EA (probably due to his flight risk), but really, I see this as normal police procedure. Can you show me a case where police (not the prosecution) laid it all out for the public before trial? Id be interested to see that.

Afaik, it is not the job of the defense to carry the burden of proof.
Until the defense is privy to the evidence LE has turned over to the prosecution, how are they supposed to know the evidence they're defending against?
The defense has the right and the need to see the evidence beyond the initial reasons LE submitted to obtain warrants. The evidence came after the warrants.
We've not heard complete details about the DNA found in the trunk.
Why wasn't it found during the first two inspections of EA's vehicle?
The first inspection might have been just a quick look though.
Then, some confusion about how the rest unfolded which is why I want to hear the evidence presented in court.
The car was looked at three times. It wasn't until the third time the larger DNA evidence turned up?
I'm a bit confused and can't be helped until I hear the evidence presented by the prosecution as they explain how and when the DNA was discovered and submitted to the lab.
And explain exactly what the evidence consists of too!

I'm a bit confused and can't be helped until I hear the evidence presented by the prosecution ...

~shrug~ It's fairly simple already, but you can certainly wait until it is presented in court to understand it, if you wish.

Christina Morris is missing and common sense makes it clear she was abducted by someone. No one has seen or heard from her since she was seen walking with EA to a parking garage at 3:55 am on 8/30/2014 in Plano TX.

LE took a closer look at him and he says she went one way and he went another, but that turned out to be a lie, and then he replaced that lie with new ones. He has lied to anyone and everyone about what he did, where he went, and what happened that night, showing up the next day with his car and himself damaged and with conflicting lies as explanations. And on further investigation LE found a lot of her DNA IN HIS TRUNK, along with her blood. There is certainly no reason she would have been put IN HIS TRUNK willingly or for her welfare and taken somewhere, so it's become clear he abducted her.

We think he probably killed her too, and that eventually we might try him for the senseless murder of this young woman. But in the meantime, we want to put him in jail and throw away the key, for this crime of abducting her, both to get this predator off the streets, and also to set an example to others not to be a predator of young women.

Nosism, Steve? Lol

I do not think EA will take the stand. There is no way Gore will let him, like zipp said. I am quite interested in what strategy the defense will use. I think they could go a lot of different ways with this.

How long until he can no longer take a plea deal?

At this point, if they do find CHRISTINA, and she is no longer alive--how much information can they even get from her decomposed body? Besides blunt force trauma/gunshot? I hope he left something from home, like a blanket or something, that ties him into it.

I'm interested to see what they found in the house, as I feel like CHRISTINA and EA went back there. I think it is possible the crime happened there or on the way back to SAL.

He clearly not going to admit to killing her. It's been so long. He's had countless hours in jail to think about and come up with more lies to tell what happened that nite after the two disappeared off camera.
I think EA is going to blame someone else or say she was so unhappy that nite this was an accident... That's where he lies won't even make sense. Clearly he's got his attorney to help him twist things and blame either Christina herself or someone else at the party.
Since drugs seemed to be used that nite, he will use that as a way out . A bad reaction to drugs, overdose... Food for thought...
I think we are having a hard time finding her because her body was moved.

~shrug~ It's fairly simple already, but you can certainly wait until it is presented in court to understand it, if you wish.

Christina Morris is missing and common sense makes it clear she was abducted by someone. No one has seen or heard from her since she was seen walking with EA to a parking garage at 3:55 am on 8/30/2014 in Plano TX.

LE took a closer look at him and he says she went one way and he went another, but that turned out to be a lie, and then he replaced that lie with new ones. He has lied to anyone and everyone about what he did, where he went, and what happened that night, showing up the next day with his car and himself damaged and with conflicting lies as explanations. And on further investigation LE found a lot of her DNA IN HIS TRUNK, along with her blood. There is certainly no reason she would have been put IN HIS TRUNK willingly or for her welfare and taken somewhere, so it's become clear he abducted her.

We think he probably killed her too, and that eventually we might try him for the senseless murder of this young woman. But in the meantime, we want to put him in jail and throw away the key, for this crime of abducting her, both to get this predator off the streets, and also to set an example to others not to be a predator of young women.
They found her blood in his trunk? I've been crazy busy the last few weeks, so I guess I missed it. Or, has that been a fact from the beginning? I just don't remember.

They found her blood in his trunk? I've been crazy busy the last few weeks, so I guess I missed it. Or, has that been a fact from the beginning? I just don't remember.
Since the arrest warrant came out in Dec.... I think it's on the beginning of this thread or you can just Google it

It was first just stated as DNA from blood or saliva, then during the bond hearing, they said they used a luminol spray that did detect the presence of blood. Moo

He clearly not going to admit to killing her. It's been so long. He's had countless hours in jail to think about and come up with more lies to tell what happened that nite after the two disappeared off camera.

I think EA is going to blame someone else or say she was so unhappy that nite this was an accident... That's where he lies won't even make sense. Clearly he's got his attorney to help him twist things and blame either Christina herself or someone else at the party.

Since drugs seemed to be used that nite, he will use that as a way out . A bad reaction to drugs, overdose... Food for thought...
I think we are having a hard time finding her because her body was moved.

I don't think we will get a new story from EA, because I think it would be insane for him to testify. A prosecutor's dream.

"Here's my latest story that I want to try out, to explain all this away and make me look good" would get killed. And once he begins to testify, he can't plead the 5th. Nor can his attorney allow him to testify to anything that his attorney knows to be a lie. It's a minefield, and while EA loves to tell stories, I don't think he's good enough with his creativity to keep from hanging himself on the stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28