GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #40 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this will probably end up being Tennyson, from the sound of it. As much as I hope this is Christina, at least it would bring a family closure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

The odd thing is, there have many organized (weekly) searches for Tennyson (similar to CM), also including Texas Equusearch. They even used divers to check a nearby lake. You would think these remains would have been found, unless they are from a more recent death. Tennyson went missing in April 2015.

The odd thing is, there have many organized (weekly) searches for Tennyson (similar to CM), also including Texas Equusearch. They even used divers to check a nearby lake. You would think these remains would have been found, unless they are from a more recent death. Tennyson went missing in April 2015.
It's definitely strange that the remains were found there, you would think they would have been found soon after. But it sounds like they are for sure not extremely recent if they are all bones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I wonder if any area residents or people who frequent the trail ever reported a bad odour in the air? That may pinpoint a timeframe of when the remains were left there.

I haven't seen any reports of Tennyson's family being notified about these remains....just mention of Christina's family. Hoping that at least one family has closure either way.

Could the remains have been buried and with recent rain they were uncovered?

I used to live in the area. My 2 boys attended Carlisle. I've walked the bike path hundreds of times. During the school year, many parents walk there kids to school along the path. Kids were known to play in the creek there. Most likely a middle school student riding home from school may have found the remains...jmo....I've taken my boys to that
Creek numerous times...

Could the remains have been buried and with recent rain they were uncovered?
Since the authorities weren't immediately able to determine that the bones were human, I'm thinking that they must have been buried, or originated up the creek and been beat up as the water knocked them around. Perhaps they will be able to find more as they search. The skull/bones possibly could have moved downstream during severe rain, or uncovered.

I wonder if any area residents or people who frequent the trail ever reported a bad odour in the air? That may pinpoint a timeframe of when the remains were left there.

I haven't seen any reports of Tennyson's family being notified about these remains....just mention of Christina's family. Hoping that at least one family has closure either way.

My guess would be Tennyson's disappearance didn't make the news as much as Christina's. So the news probably didn't reAch out for comment to them like they did to Christina's family.

It would be hard to just bury a body there. Too many people around. Someone would of possibly seen his car....it's pretty hard to go unnoticed around there.

I haven't been here as long as some, but I remember several members posting that a lot of bodies have been located in areas that have been searched many times before. I can see that happening where there is a lot of thick underbrush but I believe these remains were found by a biker so there must have at least been a trail through the area. I was excited thinking the bones were very likely Christina's until I was reminded that Tennyson lived very close to the area and like allmybecsloveme I think these remains will end up being his. I hope I'm wrong...

JMO

I used to live in the area. My 2 boys attended Carlisle. I've walked the bike path hundreds of times. During the school year, many parents walk there kids to school along the path. Kids were known to play in the creek there. Most likely a middle school student riding home from school may have found the remains...jmo....I've taken my boys to that
Creek numerous times...

The guy that found the skull posted on fox 4 news fb page earlier. (Under one of the articles about the finding)

After some thought, I tend to believe it's not Tennyson. He had some mental issues & supposedly left home willingly, without any possessions. So, foul play doesn't really fit. From what I read, he could have hitched a ride somewhere. Also, he would not have hidden himself. These remains showed up in a relatively populated area. My thought is the remains were originally hidden & due to weather conditions & time, eventually surfaced. JMO

its really sad that I actually do hope these remains are Christina's. Her family need to start getting some closure. But I guess this other mans family do to. I have not read about him, does he have a thread on here does anyone know?

Does anyone have an idea of how long it would take to identify these bones/skull, I know there is a waiting list. But do things like this become a priority?

Sorry if asked and perhaps I should know this already but is it SOP to call the family of the missing when remains have been found?

Sorry if asked and perhaps I should know this already but is it SOP to call the family of the missing when remains have been found?

I think it's more of a courtesy so the family won't hear about it on the news first.

Praying this is closure for Christina's family and the nail in the coffin for ea. Regardless, a life was lost and a family will have closure.

its really sad that I actually do hope these remains are Christina's. Her family need to start getting some closure. But I guess this other mans family do to. I have not read about him, does he have a thread on here does anyone know?

Does anyone have an idea of how long it would take to identify these bones/skull, I know there is a waiting list. But do things like this become a priority?

BBM

You can Google his name & quite a few articles come up, along with a thread on FB.

This is interesting, too.

http://www.sfu.museum/forensics/eng/pg_media-media_pg/anthropologie-anthropology/

"Confirming an identification

Once a biological profile has been created and a potential missing person singled out, investigators must try to ensure the unknown remains actually belong to the missing person in question. One of the best ways to do this is to compare antemortem medical records with the evidence presented by the remains. For example, radiographs ("x-rays") taken during life can be compared to radiographs of the skeletonised remains. Examiners look for http://www.googleartproject.com/ in size, shape, and features to determine if the antemortem and post-mortem radiographs could represent the same individual. Medical records of individuals with surgical implants such as pace-makers, breast augmentations, surgical steel orthopaedic pins, etc. can be correlated with the presence of similar objects recovered with remains. Even though the information they provide may be instrumental to the case, anthropologists cannot legally identify an individual. In most of North America, the coroner or medical examiner is the only person legally able to make an identification. If all of the antemortem records, material evidence, and skeletal evidence agree, the identification is considered "presumptive". This means the investigators presume that the deceased is the missing person. At this point, investigators will seek corroborative evidence, often by requesting DNA samples from family members. If the familial DNA matches the individual's DNA, the identification is considered "positive". The remains are then returned to the family. In some cases however, DNA may not return sufficient results to confirm the identity of the individual, and the coroner or medical examiner must decide if all the evidence, taken as a whole is strong enough to support the identification."

I didn't know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member