GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #7 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone following the Dermonds murder. HGTV is doing a show on houses at Lake Oconee. OT and FYI.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to say I haven't posted much because I haven't had anything to contribute but still been going around on walks and just looking in random areas at the chance of stumbling upon something...I have tried to keep up in the threads, and easily could have missed it, but has the landfills been searched? Hate to be so grim...I am so sad for her family :-( I really thought this would have reached a resolution by now.

I would have hoped they have . But I know LE is following up and doing everything they can.

Thanks for the warm welcome. One other thing I noticed is a craving for a pumpkin spice latte :-) I've never tried one, but I feel I need to now.

Edited for spelling

Beautiful Bean Footage of walking video from Youtube. Hope it works for you mck16.

[video=youtu;BFoPqWXSy18]http://youtu.be/BFoPqWXSy18[/video]

Oh great still pic - thanks. Here's where it looks as if he's stepping behind her. Yet now I can see they're still walking down a ramp type thing and had a way to go. If he disabled her there, it would have been on camera for sure. Maybe he was trying to look over her shoulder to read what she was texting? Or, was she showing him something?

CM's shirt looks white to me (which is what the poster wrote in the first place but then immediately posted again to correct color to gray). Hard to figure out the clothes changing/differences in details given.

Thanks for the warm welcome. One other thing I noticed is a craving for a pumpkin spice latte :-) I've never tried one, but I feel I need to now.

Edited for spelling

Funny you should mention your craving. After reading here the other day, I had to try one - $5.37 iirc!
Actually was worth it, really good! The downsides are I felt like I immediately gained two pounds and quite $$$ imo. I went all in as the medium was only thirty cents or so more than the small size.

(Can't get the 'smilies' to post. ???)

WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS, CHOCOHOLIC

Oh great still pic - thanks. Here's where it looks as if he's stepping behind her. Yet now I can see they're still walking down a ramp type thing and had a way to go. If he disabled her there, it would have been on camera for sure. Maybe he was trying to look over her shoulder to read what she was texting? Or, was she showing him something?

CM's shirt looks white to me (which is what the poster wrote in the first place but then immediately posted again to correct color to gray). Hard to figure out the clothes changing/differences in details given.

Well whatever happened that morning .. I am sure LE will make their decision on what way they want to handle it . I really hope they will release information to the media soon.

Whew! Can't believe I'm caught up in real time. Not sure if that's really good news though cause means this thread has slowed way down. First post here but been at WS for a long time. Have been following this thread sometimes up to a week behind but have read every single post. Yep, I'm OCD like that. Too afraid to skip forward for fear of missing something important.

I think it's a real possibility that Christina walked over to her car to check and see if her keys were locked in the car. Garage guy could have gone on to his car and then drove around to hers to see if that was the case. Christina didn't find her keys there so she hopped in car with garage guy and things went downhill from there. I sure wish we knew if any cameras that would pick up where her car was parked were indeed out of commission. Could this have happened this way without a camera picking him up until he exited garage? I do believe the answers rest with the garage guy at the moment unless something else comes up to change my mind.

Thank you all so much for such interesting posts and sleuthing for those of us that only get to hop in between work and such. No matter the case, I pray answers are found and Christina is brought home regardless of any bad decisions she may have made that could have contributed to her being missing.

What if HF was cheating on her with a friend of hers?

That would be a twist of events to open up new possibilities. I really hope that LE comes forward to the media real soon to announce a credible lead.
Today is 4 weeks since she went to the shops area. I hope and pray for closure for her parents.

What's up Buttercups? :sunshine: Still waiting on LE to make a move? :jail: Can't stop thinking about Christina and getting her home. I hope everyone in her circle of friends is getting a thorough examination under the microscope.

I was speculating earlier about what might cause someone to not report your significant other missing for 4 days and the only thing I could come up with is if that person had snuggled in for a few days with a newly beloved, or perhaps they could have a drug problem and they got hold of some good stuff that put them in quite the stupor for several days. Thinking Ashton Kutcher and "Dude where's my car?"

:cup: OT: Toast isn't the only thing getting buttered at breakfast. After tasting butter tea on a trip to Tibet, Silicon Valley exec and coffee-bean entrepreneur Dave Asprey started adding butter to his morning coffee - and he has launched a bit of a trend. Converts believe that butter's high fat content causes the body to slowly metabolize the caffeine, so you get an extended boost of energy w/o the crash. Actress Shailene Woodley and musician Ed Sheeran are both fans, and trend big-city coffee shops are taking note too: Chicago's Ugly Mug Café recently added butter coffee to its menu, as did Picnik in Austin. FNM October 2014.

If her keys were really missing, I am surprised they haven't turned up somewhere by now like at one of the apartments or restaurants she was at that night. Or perhaps some random person did find them and didn't realize the significance? I still can't decide if her keys were actually missing or if it was a ruse by her to get the bf to respond to her texts. If they were missing, I am subscribing to your theory, though, breazy!

Suicide? No way. A person that is intent on suicide does not think about going to get her dog, or worrying about not having keys etc. She would have been saying her goodbys and giving the dog away

We really don't know what excuses CM gave when she decided to leave the apartment. We know what people told her mom she said but, if she was planning to stay over to begin with, wouldn't CM know someone (bf) was looking after her dog. From what I understand, bf has a dog too - so two dogs in the house.

As early as last year I felt insulted (for the victim) when people suggested suicide. To me, it should be considered as a last resort to be considered (does this make sense?) in more ways than one. There have been several cases that ended with suicide determined as the cause. In a couple of cases, I still have a hard time accepting that suicide was the COD.

Then, two weeks ago, a friend called to say *advertiser censored* shot himself in his head while in his truck. Midlife - family members were aware of unresolved, ongoing issues - but didn't know suicide was imminent. *advertiser censored* - always the person who encouraged, who other people went to for advice - shocking action for his friends to accept, devastating. But, there were reasons and he left a note (in the truck). I can't understand when people hide themselves and don't leave a note. Then I wonder if they didn't feel supported by anybody anyway - it seems so cruel to go out that way. Anyway, tangent - sorry.

In Christina's case, unless there's existing reasons to suspect self harm (not just a crappy bf), to jump onboard the idea of suicide being the reason for her disappearance isn't fair to her and doesn't explain why she hasn't been found yet. jimo

Thought it might be good to bring this forward. From Plano Star Courier early on. Interesting to read the earliest reports after all this time.

http://starlocalmedia.com/planocour...cle_5978a7b6-3479-11e4-a198-001a4bcf887a.html

Indeed, quite interesting.

<snipped by me>

&#8220;We&#8217;re basically four days behind the eight-ball already in trying to locate her,&#8221; Tilley said, since Morris was not reported missing until 11:30 p.m. on Sept. 2. &#8220;We&#8217;ve not been able to locate her by telephone and are in the process of checking bank records. The last bank record we saw was from Friday night.&#8221;

Wonder where that last transaction took place and if that is on CCTV?

We really don't know what excuses CM gave when she decided to leave the apartment. We know what people told her mom she said but, if she was planning to stay over to begin with, wouldn't CM know someone (bf) was looking after her dog. From what I understand, bf has a dog too - so two dogs in the house.

As early as last year I felt insulted (for the victim) when people suggested suicide. To me, it should be considered as a last resort to be considered (does this make sense?) in more ways than one. There have been several cases that ended with suicide determined as the cause. In a couple of cases, I still have a hard time accepting that suicide was the COD.

Then, two weeks ago, a friend called to say *advertiser censored* shot himself in his head while in his truck. Midlife - family members were aware of unresolved, ongoing issues - but didn't know suicide was imminent. *advertiser censored* - always the person who encouraged, who other people went to for advice - shocking action for his friends to accept, devastating. But, there were reasons and he left a note (in the truck). I can't understand when people hide themselves and don't leave a note. Then I wonder if they didn't feel supported by anybody anyway - it seems so cruel to go out that way. Anyway, tangent - sorry.

In Christina's case, unless there's existing reasons to suspect self harm (not just a crappy bf), to jump onboard the idea of suicide being the reason for her disappearance isn't fair to her and doesn't explain why she hasn't been found yet. jimo

Yes. It makes me think of Leanne Bearden when you say that. Suicide was the last thing suspected..........

Respectfully snipped from your most excellent post Woe.be.gone

I agree and for the same reasons I'm having a hard time jumping onto the OD wagon. We just don't know. Too many open-ended questions and no answers.

From CookieM's link:

“She’s gone off the radar before, but every time she’s … at least contacted me, my mom or my dad,” said Jake Morris, Christina’s younger brother. “My mom came into my room while I was doing homework and told me she heard from [Christina’s] work that she hasn’t shown up and no one’s heard from her. … I started thinking about it and it’s different ... Nothing like this has ever happened.”

Christina is a salesperson and company photographer at Great Expectations, a Fort Worth professional dating service, Jake said.

“She’s always punctual and on time,” he said. “It feels like a part of [me] is missing. We’re so close that it just feels empty. She’s a bubbly, lively person. She’s very small, and that’s kind of scary also, but she’s a good person.”

http://starlocalmedia.com/planocour...cle_5978a7b6-3479-11e4-a198-001a4bcf887a.html

Indeed, quite interesting.

<snipped by me>

Wonder where that last transaction took place and if that is on CCTV?

Yes, I wonder that too, because you would think there would have been a transaction at Henry's and then her friends said they drove together after Henry's to get something to eat, so it is logical to think she may have had another transaction there. Definitely curious because LE has not made much of the timeline public. From what was disclosed by LE all we have heard was that she went to Henry's that night (no specific time), that she was reportedly at a friend's apartment, and then they released the video with the 3:57 am time stamp. To me it's weird for them not to say something like: she was spotted on surveillance cameras entering Henry's at xx time, because maybe people would step forward if they were there at the same time.

So many missing details, conflicting stories, and things that in my mind don't pass the sniff test.

If her keys were really missing, I am surprised they haven't turned up somewhere by now like at one of the apartments or restaurants she was at that night. Or perhaps some random person did find them and didn't realize the significance? I still can't decide if her keys were actually missing or if it was a ruse by her to get the bf to respond to her texts. If they were missing, I am subscribing to your theory, though, breazy!

True. She changed her shirt enough times!

And, did Christina send the texts herself? Or did someone anticipate he'd not answer her? How would they know that though? It makes him look bad though so if he did something to her, how did he think he'd get away with that (with those texts on his phone)? Very perplexing. Unless he was so p.o.'d (and with another woman) he really didn't look at his phone again all weekend after their fight (do we know the fight is even true?). Oh yes, we do - he said so himself and stated the fight was the reason why he figured she stayed away so he wasn't too concerned.

How to get away with murder - from new show last night - cast doubt on everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_ks