GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #9 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think that shops of legacy should be kicking in some reward money? Im ready to boycott them! Anyone else???
Could you explain your reasoning? To me, it seems like the shops of legacy is a nice, beautiful place. CM might have disappeared from a parking garage that was well lit and had all surveillance cameras working at 4:00am. Possibly I could be swayed to another bias, but I don't think that they are at all responsible. There may be an individual who is responsible, but I would have a hard time thinking that the garage or shops/bars themselves contributed.

Does anyone think that shops of legacy should be kicking in some reward money? Im ready to boycott them! Anyone else???

I have no problem with the Shops at Legacy. They didn't do anything illegal. They did not commit a crime. I'm not so sure about other people, however....

OK ..thank you Tatum .... then I am wondering why it was mentioned that it is dark ??

It is dark. Think more like dimmed mood lighting in a restaurant. It's not sunshine but also not anything close to total darkness.

So I'm wondering: Do you think she texted the bf to leave the door unlocked as a subtle "signal" of sorts for him to get rid of another girl if he had her over since he was suspected of cheating?
Or do you think someone else made those texts with her phone?

....just curious....

I'm repeating a comment I made earlier about this (because I'm too lazy to reformulate new sentences about it :shame:)

I thought it was a good piece of info actually because it clarifies some of the timeline we had questioned earlier. For instance, if we know they left the apartment and walk straight to the garage, then we can say that her text at 3:36 am about not finding her key occurred just as she was leaving the apartment. Approx 20 minutes later after she goes off camera in the video she texted about leaving the door open. It should have taken about 20 minutes to walk from the apt to the garage, so that is a significant bit of info to me. I do find it interesting that her two texts were sent as she left one location and arrived at the other. She did not text during the walk, which many people might have done.

My opinions, of course.

Searching is a big job and most appreciated by the families of the missing.
The one problem (no pun intended!) is when the missing person is on private property. In those cases, searchers are up against a wall and are eliminating places where the person is not. (For an example, see Kelli Bordeaux's case, NC.)

Plano LE thanked TES for searching a large surrounding area thus eliminating one type of crime where a woman is abducted, raped, killed and left somewhere nearby by a stranger (most times). After the initial search, LE moved on to investigative mode with hopes to uncover leads.

I very much respect private property. That said, lots of land that's private property, and sometimes you accidentally wander and get lost.

http://cw33.com/2014/09/10/without-a-trace-boyfriend-speaks-out-about-missing-girlfriend/
PLANO, TX — One missing person showed up in Plano Tuesday — Christina Morris’ boyfriend, Hunter Foster.

“I’ve known her since grade school,” he tearfully told our cameras.

Questions have been swirling all week — Why didn’t he report her missing? Why did she call him 15 times the morning before she disappeared?

“He does feel like an idiot for not contacting us and waiting four days,” Christina’s mother, Jonni McElroy said. “It was a typical boyfriend-girlfriend fight on the phone and he just really wish he would have contacted us. He said he has to live with that the rest of his life

“I just want her to come home and be alive and safe,” Foster said.

The red bbm...... so it was intentional????
What struck me as very odd in the BF interview are the parts you bolded in black. Why would he have to live with his failure to report Christina missing for the rest of his life? If she is found safe and returns home, then might his lapse eventually be forgiven and forgotten? If he believed CM was staying away on account of their argument (and assumed she was in contact with her family) and was still stewing over their argument himself, then I could see him waiting 4 days to contact someone....becoming increasingly worried as his indignation subsided. But, he didn't even claim that as his excuse. Saying he has to live with "that" for the rest of his life sounds like he doesn't expect CM to return...ever. JMO

I thought HF's mannerisms in the interview was odd, too. There were no tears, but his lower eyelids were moist. IMO, it looked like he was trying to force his eyes to tear up. Also, IMO it looked like he was trying to suppress a smile and he was looking downward. I believe that phenomenon has a name, but I can't remember the term -- it was discussed on another thread recently; it's when someone who is hiding knowledge of something smiles while talking about a serious matter.

I haven't been reading Christina's thread regularly, but these are some observations I had when reading some posts from the last few days and watching the video of the interview with HF. Unfortunately, hope for CM's safe return seems slim, but I hope LE are able to find her one way or the other. Her family deserves to know what happened to her and the person responsible for harming her needs to be brought to justice so that he/she can never harm anyone else again.

:moo:

What struck me as very odd in the BF interview are the parts you bolded in black. Why would he have to live with his failure to report Christina missing for the rest of his life? If she is found safe and returns home, then might his lapse eventually be forgiven and forgotten? If he believed CM was staying away on account of their argument (and assumed she was in contact with her family) and was still stewing over their argument himself, then I could see him waiting 4 days to contact someone....becoming increasingly worried as his indignation subsided. But, he didn't even claim that as his excuse. Saying he has to live with "that" for the rest of his life sounds like he doesn't expect CM to return...ever. JMO

I thought HF's mannerisms in the interview was odd, too. There were no tears, but his lower eyelids were moist. IMO, it looked like he was trying to force his eyes to tear up. Also, IMO it looked like he was trying to suppress a smile and he was looking downward. I believe that phenomenon has a name, but I can't remember the term -- it was discussed on another thread recently; it's when someone who is hiding knowledge of something smiles while talking about a serious matter.

I haven't been reading Christina's thread regularly, but these are some observations I had when reading some posts from the last few days and watching the video of the interview with HF. Unfortunately, hope for CM's safe return seems slim, but I hope LE are able to find her one way or the other. Her family deserves to know what happened to her and the person responsible for harming her needs to be brought to justice so that he/she can never harm anyone else again.

:moo:

Very much agree with this post.
What observations? Would love to hear your thoughts.

http://cw33.com/2014/09/10/without-a-trace-boyfriend-speaks-out-about-missing-girlfriend/
PLANO, TX — One missing person showed up in Plano Tuesday — Christina Morris’ boyfriend, Hunter Foster.

“I’ve known her since grade school,” he tearfully told our cameras.

Questions have been swirling all week — Why didn’t he report her missing? Why did she call him 15 times the morning before she disappeared?

“He does feel like an idiot for not contacting us and waiting four days,” Christina’s mother, Jonni McElroy said. “It was a typical boyfriend-girlfriend fight on the phone and he just really wish he would have contacted us. He said he has to live with that the rest of his life

“I just want her to come home and be alive and safe,” Foster said.

The red bbm...... so it was intentional????

I have never changed my opinion on this. There is no way someone his age would be without his phone for four days so the excuse it wasn't charged doesn't fly. Even if he is the most self-absorbed person on earth, I still would think in 4 days he would make some kind of attempt to reach her. Even if he told her to stay away and leave him alone, I would assume that any normal person would assume the person would still drop by and get clothes and her dog. After all, she did have a job to report to and would need clothes. Just think how this might have played out differently had he reported her missing or if the girlfriend she was supposed to call when she got home safely had reported her missing. Just one person in Christina's circle of "friends". So yeah he does have to live with "that". And it is quite possible it was intentional if he got word of something he didn't like that was going on during the girls night out and his ego got the best of him. JMO

Maybe it's just all of us picking apart everything that gets publicized because we are desperate for new info after 40+ days of wanting to solve this mystery, but I think we need to realize that things get put out there and maybe the family doesn't have full control over it. I was thinking that when they upped the reward they had to figure out how to say who the money was from and "anonymous donor" seemed logical because ALL these people in the community have donated to the cause. If they would have said "donated by the family" everyone would be in an uproar saying: the family didn't donate it, it was all the people in the community! So it's almost like they can't win. It may be that after it was publicized as "anonymous" that they realized it sounded wrong. (When I first read it I thought: wow! some wealthy person came forward and donated the reward!) The family was very quick to post that it was indeed from the donations. I don't think it's a big deal, and I don't think the family meant to confuse anyone or deceive anyone.

I'm sure they are just hoping that someone will be lured by the promise of money. And you know that often is the case... money makes people do all sorts of things they might not have done otherwise... unfortunately in this case I'm not so sure anyone is going to rat anyone out. I think people who know something want to stay in the shadows and let it all blow over.

I think so too. Money isn't going to make them rat. Maybe because of fear, or afraid they'll sell out a friend, or maybe just maybe it's because others had some form of involvement. They would incriminate themselves.

Also, seems the terms of the payday make it a bit harder to collect.
Why not just offer money to locate Christina. (Yes I understand that's not how Crimestoppers works. However, if the family's group is raising money, perhaps they should change the terms? Couldn't hurt).

LE and the family need to change their tactics IMO. They seem too focused on a criminal case IF they find her. Why not find her first, then worry about the rest.

I think so too. Money isn't going to make them rat. Maybe because of fear, or afraid they'll sell out a friend, or maybe just maybe it's because others had some form of involvement. They would incriminate themselves.

Why not just offer money to locate Christina. (Yes I understand that's not how Crimestoppers works. However, if the family's group is raising money, perhaps they should change the terms? Couldn't hurt).

LE and the family need to change their tactics IMO. They seem too focused on a criminal case IF they find her. Why not find her first, then worry about the rest.

BBM - I agree completely. My first goal would be to bring my loved one home and then I would move Heaven and Earth if there was a criminal element to it, to see that they were prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I understand if they have no choice with the CrimeStoppers so maybe they are doing all they can financially do right now. JMO

I would have to agree with what Cookie,Cat & One is saying. In fact, many various cases go unsolved for years and as other WS'ers have stated rewards variables up to $500,000.00 and NO ONE talked.
In CM's Missing Person Case those that could potentially talk are ALL named by LE as "WITNESS'S".
or I even shutter to think some one known or acquainted is potentially directly or indirectly involved in some shape ,form or fashion.

IMO LE is in a bit of a Catch 22 because if they reveal everything they MIGHT get a random citizen to talk, but they also could blow the whole case. I think they have enough information to believe there is someone to prosecute. Would it be prosecution for kidnapping or murder? I don't necessarily think so. I think her disappearance just ties in to it all. Without hard evidence they can't do much. Once the right people are questioned they might reveal CM's whereabouts. In my opinion they won't find her first though.

The step sister just answered the question about why they reported the anonymous donor. She said that PPD initially did not know it was from the family. They have since been notified and changed it on their page. The article was written based off of the initial reports.

She also answered regarding the inconsistencies with clothing and phone. She said that she is sorry for all the confusion. The descriptions changed because Christina changed clothes prior to leaving her friend's apartment and had recently gotten a new phone. They were not sure she still had the same case or not.

So, she changed clothes 3 times that night?

OFF TOPIC..But needs awareness for everyone..report of liquid drugs in the dfw area.I never knew such a thing could be made..
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/10/10/liquid-meth-pours-into-north-texas/

NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) - A new twist on an old but deadly drug — liquid methamphetamine — is now pouring into and

through the metroplex.

The highly addictive narcotic is stored in plastic bottles and can resemble soda. Drinking the drug is potentially deadly for users. Some

addicts soak paper in liquid meth, then put it on their tongues.

I keep going back to local area business's ... What were the results of all their footage that PPD asked for them review??
JMO ....More specifically dated for 8-29-14 thru 8-30-14 ???

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/09/04/woman-missing-from-the-shops-at-legacy-since-saturday/
Police are also asking local businesses to review their surveillance systems to see if their cameras captured Christina’s movements as

she passed through the garage. Detectives also plan to retrace her steps into the garage at about the time she disappeared, hoping

they stumble onto a clue.

BBM - I agree completely. My first goal would be to bring my loved one home and then I would move Heaven and Earth if there was a criminal element to it, to see that they were prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I understand if they have no choice with the CrimeStoppers so maybe they are doing all they can financially do right now. JMO

ITA about bringing a loved one home.
However, if LE know that bringing CM home alive and safe is not a possibility (I'm sorry...I hate to even type it) and they are on the trails of something/someone big because of this situation, then I believe they will word the reward stipulations in a way that will help them with their case.

OMG...does that even make sense? I need more coffee.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/09/04/woman-missing-from-the-shops-at-legacy-since-saturday/
Christina Morris was last seen inside a parking garage at The Shops of Legacy Saturday morning at 4 a.m. More than 80 volunteers searched the area Thursday evening. Family and friends searched for clues — anything that may lead to Morris’ whereabouts.

“Whatever the situation is… it’s okay… we just want to come get her. We don’t care, we don’t care, we just want her,” said Morris’ mother.

No one noticed the young woman was missing until Tuesday when she didn’t show up for work. Her silver Toyota Celica was found still

parked, undisturbed where Morris left it.

Meanwhile, family members insist that she wasn’t under any undue stress.

“Just regular stuff,” says Morris. “I think she may have had a disagreement with her boyfriend. But, nothing huge that would cause

her to disappear.”Police plan to have teams of officers in the area continuing the search.
***************************************************************************************
I am just going thru things in MSM that stick out 40+ days later and 9 threads ..keep searching

The step sister just answered the question about why they reported the anonymous donor. She said that PPD initially did not know it was from the family. They have since been notified and changed it on their page. The article was written based off of the initial reports.

She also answered regarding the inconsistencies with clothing and phone. She said that she is sorry for all the confusion. The descriptions changed because Christina changed clothes prior to leaving her friend's apartment and had recently gotten a new phone. They were not sure she still had the same case or not.

My issue with the clothes is that according to the witness who was an old hs friend (post 310 on thread 1) Christina was wearing a "flowy" skirt. In the surveillance video that was released, she is CLEARLY wearing a flowy skirt and not a t shirt and shorts.

So either they have more surveillance video of her that hasn't been released, showing her wearing the t-shirt and shorts, or they're wrong, or they're lying.

I suppose when the "expert analysis" of the "grainy" surveillance video come back, they'll put out statement saying that on the video she was wearing a flowy skirt.

My issue with the clothes is that according to the witness who was an old hs friend (post 310 on thread 1) Christina was wearing a "flowy" skirt. In the surveillance video that was released, she is CLEARLY wearing a flowy skirt and not a t shirt and shorts.

So either they have more surveillance video of her that hasn't been released, showing her wearing the t-shirt and shorts, or they're wrong, or they're lying.

I suppose when the "expert analysis" of the "grainy" surveillance video come back, they'll put out statement saying that on the video she was wearing a flowy skirt.

Totally agree. I see that the step sister said she changed. Ok, I'll give her that, but we've heard 3 different clothing descriptions. She had to have changed 3 times, right? I just don't get it. I know some say the clothing is not a big deal, but it is. Why can't anyone get it straight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668