Found Safe TX - Christopher Ramirez, 3, followed dog into woods, dog came back, Grimes Co, 6 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This might’ve been shared as it is from 12 hours ago. Discussing the terrain and showing it. Tim Miller says that in 21 years it’s the most difficult terrain they’ve searched. Literally crawling through brambles. One searcher had 22 bee stings. Log In or Sign Up to View

Would a child really go through that? Especially one that doesn’t normally play in woods?

I edit this post as I just NOW read EquaSearches comments on how dense, thick the area is, and that it looks different on google maps than when you are actually there.

I saw on a news report yesterday, one of the searchers was showing the reporter the kind of terrain they are searching. Very thick, heavy brush that the searcher was chopping away at just to make his way through. Said even the search dogs can’t get through it. It would be incredibly hard to believe a 3 yr old could/would get in, unless they’re also really looking for a body that could be dumped

I saw on a news report yesterday, one of the searchers was showing the reporter the kind of terrain they are searching. Very thick, heavy brush that the searcher was chopping away at just to make his way through. Said even the search dogs can’t get through it. It would be incredibly hard to believe a 3 yr old could/would get in, unless they’re also really looking for a body that could be dumped

Question for those of you with experience.

I’ve seen so many articles and videos here with interviews of Tim. This is a small town of 610 people and the news is covering it like crazy.

I’m comparing and contrasting the coverage of Texas Equusearch here with the coverage they had on Jason Landry’s case. Luling is a small town too but larger than Plantersville. The coverage is vastly different. Is that a function of the media or the age of the person missing? Ideas? I’m asking not to spark debate but to help find ways to bring attention to other cases in the future. Maybe it is that the FBI was called in as well.

In Jason’s case we thought terrain was difficult, but it’s apparently not as bad as here.

This is a really good interview with the sheriff where he recaps exactly how Christopher went missing and what the mother and grandmother have been doing. I’m going to transcribe it and add it to this post here in just a minute but I wanted to post it now.

It sounds to me like he was last seen in the road right before the road turned.

ETA:

Reporter: Forgive me but it is my first day covering this story so please forgive me. How did this boy get out of his mother's eyesight?

Sheriff: Ok, ah, a little recon on that. They returned. She and her mother returned from a venture they do every day at two locations around this area where they sell food out of two big coolers, ice coolers. On the side of the road in Plantersville, Magnolia area and they do that every morning so they were returning unloading the coolers at their house. The boy was outside playing with the dog, just a moment or two while they were going inside, came out. The neighbor saw him running down the road. Saw their dog, they called the mother, they ran out that way. Maybe if you visualize the football field, the 60-yard line is where they last saw him. The road turns right to the south and that's the last they saw him. The dog came back so that gives you what we are dealing with now.

Also earlier in the convo Sheriff was asked if Christopher had siblings and he said yes, older maybe 10 years old or so.

The only ones here at the time of disappearance was sibling and mother and grandmother.

Wildlife - deer, rabbit, coyotes, snakes, wolves.

Last edited:
This might’ve been shared as it is from 12 hours ago. Discussing the terrain and showing it. Tim Miller says that in 21 years it’s the most difficult terrain they’ve searched. Literally crawling through brambles. One searcher had 22 bee stings. Log In or Sign Up to View

Would a child really go through that? Especially one that doesn’t normally play in woods?
As more information surfaces, combined with the fact he hasn't been found. I'm beginning to worry all is not as it was portrayed.

What trips me up though is the witness who saw Christopher chase the dog into the woods. She's an older woman according to some, so was she mistaken in what day she saw him maybe? Mom seems genuinely devastated, I'm sure she is telling the truth. But if the witness quoted in all the media stories is mistaken we've got a problem.

What have the dogs indicated so far?

Ok, so I am confused after that a little bit. I would assume that they must think he was not abducted because they looked at the video and did not see any passing cars? But last seen in the road is VERY concerning to me.

I think this is VERY important ... Someone as experienced in searches as Tim Miller stating this is the most difficult terrain provides good insight into what searchers are facing.

Also, the bit about 22 bee stings... That is a real possibility too, awful to think about, but plausible.

I can imagine Christopher chasing after the dog as an adventure and then they got separated, he is scared and has absolutely no sense of direction and in that environment it's literally all the same. Whether he was trying to seek shelter or got tired, overwhelmed and laid down, he could have found a covered, secure - feeling spot and at that point any of nature's elements could have overtaken him.

Not great scenarios, but dedicated, expert searchers are out there.

As more information surfaces, combined with the fact he hasn't been found. I'm beginning to worry all is not as it was portrayed.

What trips me up though is the witness who saw Christopher chase the dog into the woods. She's an older woman according to some, so was she mistaken in what day she saw him maybe? Mom seems genuinely devastated, I'm sure she is telling the truth. But if the witness quoted in all the media stories is mistaken we've got a problem.

What have the dogs indicated so far?
Look at my last post....The witness did NOT see him go into the woods. It was the ROAD. Apparently, a lot of inaccurate reporting or something is happening. I think if you listen to the video in the quote above it was about 5 minutes or so into the convo.

This is a really good interview with the sheriff where he recaps exactly how Christopher went missing and what the mother and grandmother have been doing. I’m going to transcribe it and add it to this post here in just a minute but I wanted to post it now.

ETA:

Reporter: Forgive me but it is my first day covering this story so please forgive me. How did this boy get out of his mother's eyesight?

Sheriff: Ok, ah, a little recon on that. They returned. She and her mother returned from a venture they do every day at two locations around this area where they sell food out of two big coolers, ice coolers. On the side of the road in Plantersville, Magnolia area and they do that every morning so they were returning unloading the coolers at their house. The boy was outside playing with the dog, just a moment or two while they were going inside, came out. The neighbor saw him running down the road. Saw their dog, they called the mother, they ran out that way. Maybe if you visualize the football field, the 60-yard line is where they last saw him. The road turns right to the south and that's the last they saw him. The dog came back so that gives you what we are dealing with now.

Also earlier in the convo Sheriff was asked if Christopher had siblings and he said yes, older maybe 10 years old or so.

The only ones here at the time of disappearance was sibling and mother and grandmother.

This Sheriff is truly excellent in every way. Highly recommend this link.

As to questions about whether the boy would respond when hearing people call for him, I was thinking about my daughter when she was 3 and realized that in a similar situation, she wouldn’t have been able to hear rescuers. She had some hearing problems that I was aware of, but it wasn’t until she was 4 that I learned she was essentially fully deaf in one ear and half deaf in the other. In hindsight, she could have got herself into a lot of situations that she wouldn’t be able to help herself out of.

I pray they find Christopher alive and well today.

This Sheriff is truly excellent in every way. Highly recommend this link.
Agreed. He is my all-time favorite. No wonder he has been in office since 1998!

I do want a reporter to ask about the prior attempted abduction in August and IF there is ANY possibility they could be related. Male was attempted to be abducted in August. Male missing today.

Linking also Grimes County Crimestoppers as the Sheriff has referred to them a lot. There is a post on the Grimes County Crimestoppers Facebook page about the prior abduction attempt as well.

This is another one I think we may need to post on EACH page...

Last seen IN THE ROAD.
FAMILY has been CLEARED.

ETA:

Very interesting press conference. I'm a tiny bit confused on a little detail. The neighbor saw the boy at about 60 yards down the road, where the road bends to the right and then couldn't see him anymore. How long was it, before the mother was running down the road looking for him? The neighbor "called" the mom - does that mean "called to" the mom, or was there an actual phone conversation involved? It sounds like it could be anywhere between one minute from the time he was last seen at the bend, or significantly longer.

Additionally, there's no evidence that she ever saw the dog while she was searching for the boy, so I would guess it was more than a minute after he rounded the bend that she was there looking.

Agreed. He is my all-time favorite. No wonder he has been in office since 1998!

I do want a reporter to ask about the prior attempted abduction in August and IF there is ANY possibility they could be related. Male was attempted to be abducted in August. Male missing today.

Linking also Grimes County Crimestoppers as the Sheriff has referred to them a lot. There is a post on the Grimes County Crimestoppers Facebook page about the prior abduction attempt as well.

Thanks for that.

One of the things that struck me was the way he described the complete lack of tips.
Somebody must have seen something they thought slightly out of the ordinary that day, te smallest thing because probably everybody can think of something odd they noticed 'yesterday' in the course of their ordinary lives! He went so far as to say FBI also thought this to be very odd.
I got to wondering whether a reason existed for the almost deafening silence?

ETA:

WOW!!! so he wasn’t seen going into the woods at all but chasing after his dog.

so there is a HIGHER possibility that he was abducted or involved in a hit and run.

I’m really starting to think he’s not in the woods at all.

ETA:

Thank you for this video and the transcription.

I had considered this earlier and now reading the Sheriff say mom and grandma were roadside at the same location(s) each day, I wonder if they had any regular customers who may have taken an interest in Christopher. Given the circumstances, this would probably be far-fetched.. Magnolia isn't right around the corner from their home, would have required someone to follow for some distance, the odds of Christopher randomly running after the dog and being 'available' to take, but I guess it's worth mentioning as possible.

Their area is just so remote and hard to imagine a random abductor passing through that neighborhood at the right time, but alas, that does happen.

If the mom started looking in a different place than he went, it could easily lead to this. I’m sure it’s hard to see in that setting and he was in green.

Well, yes, but the neighbor gave a specific spot she last saw him and the reports make it sound like very little time passed before he was followed. But I think maybe the neighbor called after something more like 10-20 minutes when she heard him being looked for and realized he didn't come back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyTheSleuth
Back