Found Safe TX - Christopher Ramirez, 3, followed dog into woods, dog came back, Grimes Co, 6 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm from Canada so I don't really know what the circumstances would be if this situation occurred when caregivers may be undocumented. I'm not suggesting that Christopher's parents are illegally in the country, but have any other instances occurred where parents or individuals are fearful to call LE when situations arise because of fear of deportation? I read a couple of articles that said many undocumented people are afraid to call for LE help, whether it's DV, sexual assault or any type of incident because of fears of deportment.

I'm from Canada so I don't really know what the circumstances would be if this situation occurred when caregivers may be undocumented. I'm not suggesting that Christopher's parents are illegally in the country, but have any other instances occurred where parents or individuals are fearful to call LE when situations arise because of fear of deportation? I read a couple of articles that said many undocumented people are afraid to call for LE help, whether it's DV, sexual assault or any type of incident because of fears of deportment.

I get what you’re saying but they did call LE. Undocumented or not, if I was a mother, fear of deportation wouldn’t high on my list of concerns. Also they shouldn’t be concerned as long as there is no evidence of foul play. They will be left alone unless they look shady.

I know Texas has a reputation. Lol. Don’t listen. It’s not that bad. We have our bad seeds but southern hospitality is born in us. So most of us just treat others with the respect that was spanked in to us by our mama’s. :p

On topic: FBI is there too so that’s good. I will say this…Gabby Petito’s case struck a nerve somewhere and more people are sitting up and paying attention. How long it will last who knows but I’m glad this site exists bc it reminds me that there are people out there ALWAYS paying attention.

Some thoughts on timing.

The mom says she was unloading groceries and left him in the yard. She says she took her eyes off him for 2 minutes. I realize it probably felt like 2 minutes, but when you think how long it actually takes to carry in bags, open the door, put the bags on the counter, put the groceries away, we're talking 10 minutes. Then, she went outside - how long did it take her to become concerned when she couldn't find him? Another 5 minutes? Then she's out there shouting out the boy's name, which I guess attracts the attention of the neighbor who says she saw Christopher running off down the road chasing the dog. That's a long time, quite a head start.

In the interview Mom says repeatedly that Christopher wouldn't run off, but in fact, that's exactly what he appears to have done, at least initially. He might not have ever done it before, but it appears that's exactly what happened, which isn't unusual for happy confident little 3 year olds.

Has anyone read how long it took the dog to come back?

Glad to see Tim Miller is there. He has experience in searching for young kids. IIRC, its a special skill. They do often hide away under bushes, etc. They're often afraid of the searchers, thinking of them as strangers out yelling in the woods.

They will respond to dogs, though. I think you have to be quiet while searching so you can hear them respond or whimper, etc. Also take some food and drink so you can let them know there's some Hi C or a cookie if they need it. Past cases I recall reading here, the children were often fairly close to the searchers, but were hiding and scared. IIRC, one little boy was found when he started talking to the search dog.

Let me just clarify about the groceries. When I linked the Sheriffs interview earlier he mentioned this statement. “He was with them yesterday for a substantial amount of time, they sell food services at a ………(sounded like schoolers)”

So I picture her having a food truck or something? I’m not sure. But I don’t picture this being a typical go into the grocery store run. Just based on the way the sheriff said it. You can listen to the video in my quote below from about six minutes in and hear him discuss it.

ETA - shoot my quotes failed. I’ll re-link the video.

Let me just clarify about the groceries. When I linked the Sheriffs interview earlier he mentioned this statement. “He was with them yesterday for a substantial amount of time, they sell food services at a ………(sounded like schoolers)”

So I picture her having a food truck or something? I’m not sure. But I don’t picture this being a typical go into the grocery store run. Just based on the way the sheriff said it. You can listen to the video in my quote below from about six minutes in and hear him discuss it.

ETA - shoot my quotes failed. I’ll re-link the video.

Food services out of coolers, maybe?

Do we know if he is verbal? I have sadly really learned the last week about how much autism can cause unusual independence and an attraction to water and anything sensory based. I think it also causes a more focused "run" than the typical wandering/toddling walk of most 3 yr olds. Still it's confusing how the scent dog did not pick up anything and the grid searches have been unsuccessful.

I worry he did make it to the creek and it has carried him away.

How long did it take 911 to respond?

Can a scent dog follow the scent of another dog? Maybe tracking the scent of the dog would lead to the right area?

Do we know if he is verbal? I have sadly really learned the last week about how much autism can cause unusual independence and an attraction to water and anything sensory based. I think it also causes a more focused "run" than the typical wandering/toddling walk of most 3 yr olds. Still it's confusing how the scent dog did not pick up anything and the grid searches have been unsuccessful.

I worry he did make it to the creek and it has carried him away.

How long did it take 911 to respond?

Can a scent dog follow the scent of another dog? Maybe tracking the scent of the dog would lead to the right area?

BBM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that it has been said that he has autism or is nonverbal. What was said is that he is Spanish-speaking.

This reporter states in comments to her post that LE was searching for him within 20 minutes of the call coming in.

I wonder how long they searched before calling LE. I have wondered if his father was home, and the above link also answers that question. His father is in Mexico and his step-father was at work. From comments at the link, I'm sorry to see that the SM vultures are already starting to spew their vitriol on the mother.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back