TX - Colton Turner, 2, Cedar Park, 11 Sept 2014 #1 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM Nothing, absolutely nothing. He was a baby.

Guess I worded it wrong. Of course he was a baby; but kids his age know how to push buttons. They also could be cranky due to no nap.
Sounds like Megan didn't know how to do time out; she was the type to "lose it" & hit

Guess I worded it wrong. Of course he was a baby; but kids his age know how to push buttons. They also could be cranky due to no nap.
Sounds like Megan didn't know how to do time out; she was the type to "lose it" & hit

still, it doesn't justify the abuse and murder of young children. the main thing here is that we have a dead child, murdered by those who were meant to care for him.
children push buttons yes, but the adults could do what other adults do: go and sit outside until either he is calm, you are calm enough to deal with whatever drama or tantrum was happening or to avoid hitting the child
and yes, i raised two kids, one of them had an amazing talent for chucking legendary wobblies and we both survived them

still, it doesn't justify the abuse and murder of young children. the main thing here is that we have a dead child, murdered by those who were meant to care for him.
children push buttons yes, but the adults could do what other adults do: go and sit outside until either he is calm, you are calm enough to deal with whatever drama or tantrum was happening or to avoid hitting the child
and yes, i raised two kids, one of them had an amazing talent for chucking legendary wobblies and we both survived them

I'm not trying to "justify" anything. I can't imagine what a little guy his age could do to make a "mother" smash him against a car like that. I saw pics of him with her where he had bruises; can't understand how she even had custody.

Colton's Law FB
November 22
Currently, there are several thousand children in the CPS system who can not be located. Per DFPS definition, that means no address or parent has moved. During Colton's short life, on at least two separate occasions, CPS could not locate his mother, Meagan Work. Her boyfriend Michael Turner is also listed in the CPS reports.

During that time, both Meagan and Michael were pulled over. On several occasions (per police records) local law enforcement were contacted but because of jurisdictional laws, were unable to pursue a search for them.

Colton's Law would mandate state law enforcement step in to search in cases where the child can not be located and in danger (also know as Priority 1) - bypassing local jurisdiction. Once the child is found - it would then go back to local CPS. Colton's Law would also mandate that the children and adults involved in the case be added to: TCIC/NCIC (Texas criminal information center and National information center) databases.

If someone involved in the case gets pulled over - and the child is not locatable - having the people involved in the database, would allow another avenue for law enforcement to find them.

There was an open CPS case against Meagan - where they could not find her but she met with her probation officer. If she would have been in the database, CPS would have been able to find her because her name would have been flagged.

In addition to the CPS investigation, currently it is CPS' policy to refer any case of abuse to local law enforcement (current family code is at the bottom of the email). We know - per CPS that there were at least 6 cases turned over. Only one police department followed up. It is not mandated.

Colton's Law could change all of the above. If Colton's Law were in place when Colton was alive - State Law Enforcement would have found him. And because Meagan and Mike were pulled over several times - they would have been flagged and law enforcement would have seen the open cases of abuse

I just contacted news station KXAN about today's court appearance. They responded that it has been rescheduled for March 2.

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/28...ners-mother?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass

A child's death in Round Rock is sending shockwaves through the community, the little boy died over the weekend. His mother's boyfriend is being charged with capital murder.

This was an especially tragic death, not only because the little boy was killed inside the home, but also because of the connection to Colton Turner, the little boy whose body was found in a shallow grave just six months ago.

Andreas Tapia and Turner's mothers were friends. They went to Leander High School together along with Brianna Spieldenner. The three were all together at Colton's last birthday party. “What freaked me out the most is the two kids from this party are dead now. He was active and playing the whole time, he was happy just like Colton,” Spieldenner told FOX 7 reporter Elizabeth Saab.

How come MW and MT haven't been charged with murder/manslaughter yet?

How come MW and MT haven't been charged with murder/manslaughter yet?

I wonder the exact samething. What Meagan and Michael did to Colton was beyond comprehension. They took this sweet boy from place to place, and scummy hotel to scummy hotel while using what seems to me hard core drugs (I would bet $100.00 they were using meth). They MURDERED Colton, Meagan should be put to death and Michael as well. IMOO

For the love of Pete: They placed his dead body in the truck bed to drive back to hotel because they wanted a deeper grave for him. That night little Colton's body lay on the hotel floor while they slept( I doubt seriously they slept, probably partied out on drugs). This case makes me so mad I could scream!

I emailed news KXAN about update on MT, here is the response:
"Thank you for reaching out. The court advised us this morning that Michael Turner’s case would likely be reset for the same day in April, but not happen today."

So, looks like we wait until April 13th for both of them.

The Child Protective Services report, released after his remains were found, shows during two of their investigations, the agency couldn't find him or his mother, Meagan Work.

But she did have plenty of run-ins with the law. Could one of those have saved the child's life?

We uncovered new video from last February from a Milam County traffic stop. A third CPS case was still open at the time.

Milam County Sheriff David Greene cannot believe they had the child within their reach, “I can't fathom doing this to a child.”

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/28...ted-to-protect-texas-most-vulnerable-children

ETA I am sorry but WTF? On the way to her own mother's funeral and she is stopped in a carload of people, including Colton, and oh yeah, METH. Cause a parent's funeral just isn't a funeral til the METH shows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member