Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...Definitely looks sunny outside. Does anyone know why in the security videos (stills) she is wearing a black dress in one and a pink dress in the other? Has that been discussed?

i think the black article of clothing may be a coat?

I would like to know why the boyfriend says (in the link I posted above) that he last texted with Crystal at 8:30, when the text I have seen clearly states it was 7:30?

I have to agree with Ashley Banfield now, having seen the advertising billboard that it doesn't seem like it would be nearly that dark at 7:25am.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4846056/Texas-realtor-mother-vanished-Hurricane-Harvey.html

Last time she used her phone was at 11:30.

Anybody notice how the texts say 'yesterday'.

So when HLN got them does that mean they were taken on the 25th or earlier?

Do you have a link for this? Who did she text at 11:30?

ETA: My quoty thing doesn't want to work today apparently.

Since she asked if ex had water, I was wondering if she might have stopped somewhere to GET SOME WATER (kids need water) and may have been hijacked or abducted by someone where she stopped, taken somewhere, forced out of the car near the water tower where her phone pinged (along with her phone) and the abductors high tailed it out of there. Finally, they may have parked that car somewhere else later and the two who were temporarily detained found car (with keys in ignition), stole it and parked it at the Motel 6. It would be so interesting to know where the two who were running away and apprehended found the car originally.

All this is just supposition (MOO) and not even an opinion, actually. I feel sure the ex has told LE a LOT more than we are aware of. There were probably verbal conversations, and she may have mentioned stopping for water, etc. She was a beautiful woman, driving an expensive car and all alone. With all the chaos in the area, anything could have happened. I don't want to believe the ex or her bf harmed her.

Praying she is found soon.

JMO

Do you have a link for this? Who did she text at 11:30?

ETA: My quoty thing doesn't want to work today apparently.

Go to Robson's Diamond Jewelry FB page and read the first two comments under the August 27th 6:08 pm post.

Since she asked if ex had water, I was wondering if she might have stopped somewhere to GET SOME WATER (kids need water) and may have been hijacked or abducted by someone where she stopped, taken somewhere, forced out of the car near the water tower where her phone pinged (along with her phone) and the abductors high tailed it out of there. Finally, they may have parked that car somewhere else later and the two who were temporarily detained found car (with keys in ignition), stole it and parked it at the Motel 6. It would be so interesting to know where the two who were running away and apprehended found the car originally.

All this is just supposition (MOO) and not even an opinion, actually. I feel sure the ex has told LE a LOT more than we are aware of. There were probably verbal conversations, and she may have mentioned stopping for water, etc. She was a beautiful woman, driving an expensive car and all alone. With all the chaos in the area, anything could have happened. I don't want to believe the ex or her bf harmed her.

Praying she is found soon.

JMO

That has also crossed my mind.

The sheriff said on Primetime Justice that the ex husband had been very forthcoming. So he may not be all over the media talking about things, but he has clearly been talking to LE.

What are the cellphone while driving laws in Texas? I know some states require a bluetooth device to be used. Seems like it would be difficult to text and drive.

Interesting question! The law banning texting while driving in Texas just went in to effect yesterday, sept 1st 2017.

The sheriff said on Primetime Justice that the ex husband had been very forthcoming. So he may not be all over the media talking about things, but he has clearly been talking to LE.

That is really good to hear. I am glad he is cooperating. Jmo

MISSING: Crystal McDowell – Baytown, TX (8/25/17)

09/02/17 — The active search for 38 year-old Crystal McDowell will begin on Saturday – September 2nd 2017 at 8:30 a.m. The search staging area will be at the Baytown Parks & Recreation maintenance facility, located at 1210 Park St. in Baytown, Texas 77520. We will be in need of foot searchers only. Please dress for some wet or muddy conditions, thick brush and possible mosquitos. Wear snake boots if you have them. Your search Coordinator is Jack Boggess, and he can be reached at (713) 826-3869.

http://www.texasequusearch.org/2017/08/missing-crystal-mcdowell-baytown-tx-82517/

What are the cellphone while driving laws in Texas? I know some states require a bluetooth device to be used. Seems like it would be difficult to text and drive.

It may be difficult (and unsafe) but lots of people do it, unfortunately. There is also talk to text and asking Siri to text someone.

I just can't stop trying to figure out the details with picking up the kids. School is cancelled, he says pick them up at PBP, so he takes his kids to work with him. No more texts like "where are you? We are here..." Then hours later a text about the dishwasher being delivered? It makes no sense. Did he just take the kids back home? If my husband didn't show up and I'm waiting with my kids at my office, I would be frantic. I certainly wouldn't send a casual text about appliances later in the day.

Maybe she has been a bit unreliable lately? In the one text he said that the daughter was hoping mom would be home before bedtime. So, did they expect her to come home that night and she just decided to stay at the boyfriend's house and they only found that out last minute? Maybe he was frustrated that she didn't show up to pick up the kids, but just figured she was 'otherwise occupied' and changed plans. Maybe she has flaked out often lately, and he's used to it, so doesn't get alarmed when it happens anymore. I say this because I have watched a situation very much like this in real life.

How long had the billboard been visible to the public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrancingJeeves